TESTERS WANTED! ×

F8

therod

I too like the F8 generally speaking. I don't care much for the decal things on the crown. Pretty sure if I could order one or have them removed I'd not notice anything.

I'm getting driver fever a tad but not anxious to ditch my SLDR. It will take a really good fit to get it kicked out of my bag. I'm almost scared to try something newer.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I just ordered the F8 after it destroyed my Epic in the Simulator. Ball speed up 6 mph distance up 11 yards, spin is 2200. Plus I was comparatively speaking allover the place with my Epic. F8 was a straight as could be.

The F8+ wasn't quite as good as the F8. F8 felt better and actually spun less.

My specs were F8 at 9.5, NV 65 S shaft, standard length.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Congrats !!

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Really have a major itch, to buy the F8 3/4 fairway wood.

Went and hit the F8 fairway, felt great.

Then I hit a F7 3/4 wood, So I ended up buying a F7 3/4 wood & F7 3/4 hybrid.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for feedback from those that have tried the F8 fairway wood. I have listed my Ping G400 SFT 3-wood for sale as I want to pull the trigger on the F8 3/4 wood with the Aldila Blue regular flex shaft

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I just demoed the F8 3/4 and 4/5 yesterday. They could replace my SLDR any time! Solid sound, good feeling club in hand. It was on a monitor, but distance was spot on with my SLDR. I prefer the look and feel of them over the Callaway's, and Titleist I tried. I didn't hit the G400, but looks department it is a tie for me.

One more quick note on this. I hit the F8+ and the F7+ Driver with the same shaft, the F8+ was 5-7 yards longer on every shot.

Wow! That's ringing my bell . I'll demo the F8 at my Club Champ fitting.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I too like the F8 generally speaking. I don't care much for the decal things on the crown. Pretty sure if I could order one or have them removed I'd not notice anything.

... Not a decal Plaid, those are actually grooves or in Cobra speak "Polymer Aero Strips" that improve aerodynamics and create more speed. I doubt they can be removed but will ask Cobra engineers at the pga show. Seems many are on board with this technology including the Aeroburner, G30, Epic and now F8. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... Not a decal Plaid, those are actually grooves or in Cobra speak "Polymer Aero Strips" that improve aerodynamics and create more speed. I doubt they can be removed but will ask Cobra engineers at the pga show. Seems many are on board both this technology including the Aeroburner, G30, Epic and now F8.

Not as catchy but reminds me of.....Turbulators

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

... Not a decal Plaid, those are actually grooves or in Cobra speak "Polymer Aero Strips" that improve aerodynamics and create more speed. I doubt they can be removed but will ask Cobra engineers at the pga show. Seems many are on board with this technology including the Aeroburner, G30, Epic and now F8.

Some just look better than others. I prefer the Matte of the Callaway XR Pro, or the Pings. The F8 isn't too off putting with the two colors on the crown.

The M1/M2... that would be weird with “speed bumps”

I've read there will be an update to the MB/CB lineup. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks!

I heard the MB/CB's will be late summer. The new (Black) King Forged Tec will be at the PGA show.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I wish the F8's came in matte. I'm really looking forward to see if it can knock the G400 out of the bag.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I wish the F8's came in matte. I'm really looking forward to see if it can knock the G400 out of the bag.

I do like a matte look a lot more than gloss, but the F8 still looks so good! I was never a fan of the dual color heads ™, but I think this one won me over.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Later summer?! You mean early winter for me! Dang, why so late?

Sent from a Galaxy Far...Far...Away...

Lol Galaxy far.. Far ... Away ....

I do like a matte look a lot more than gloss, but the F8 still looks so good! I was never a fan of the dual color heads ™, but I think this one won me over.

I agree never liked the M1/M2's , the Cobra does look really nice.

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

Some just look better than others. I prefer the Matte of the Callaway XR Pro, or the Pings. The F8 isn't too off putting with the two colors on the crown.

The M1/M2... that would be weird with “speed bumps”

... Being old school I never warmed up to a matt finish and still love a gloss black driver. But as far as the F8 goes, the black head does not have a two tone look, just the gray so basically the best of both worlds. 

http://www.puetzgolf.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1001x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/8/f8_driver_black_2.jpg

I had a chance to take a look at the new F8 over the weekend at our pro shop. The shop at my club doesn't carry much equipment of any kind really but what they do have are wedges, putters, drivers and a ton of club logo'd clothing. Oddly, I don't notice many people wearing the stuff. (wonder where it all goes?) Anyway... I like the look of the F8. The model I saw was the two-toned gray and black. Personally, if were in the market I think I'd wait for the all black one to come out. Now that I've actually seen the driver in person the "trips" didn't bother me like I thought they would. Nice looking driver. It'll be interesting to see where it places in the Most Wanted match up this year.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

... Being old school I never warmed up to a matt finish and still love a gloss black driver. But as far as the F8 goes, the black head does not have a two tone look, just the gray so basically the best of both worlds.

http://www.puetzgolf.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1001x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/8/f8_driver_black_2.jpg

I do like a gloss finish as well. Just something about the tactical-ness of the Matte.

I'd roll with the F8+, Black. But then the F8+ fairways only come in Nardo/Black. It's the little things.

Sent from a Galaxy Far...Far...Away...

I had a chance to take a look at the new F8 over the weekend at our pro shop. The shop at my club doesn't carry much equipment of any kind really but what they do have are wedges, putters, drivers and a ton of club logo'd clothing. Oddly, I don't notice many people wearing the stuff. (wonder where it all goes?) Anyway... I like the look of the F8. The model I saw was the two-toned gray and black. Personally, if were in the market I think I'd wait for the all black one to come out. Now that I've actually seen the driver in person the "trips" didn't bother me like I thought they would. Nice looking driver. It'll be interesting to see where it places in the Most Wanted match up this year.

... The Black F8 is being released at the same time as the Gray. And imo it looks a lot less techy and more classic than the gray as the trips are much less noticeable. I feel for OEMs releasing a new driver as those on golf websites always say "Sounds too dead" and "Sounds too explosive" or "Love the gray" and "Black is the only head I will play" and now "I wish they would release a matt finish" as well as "Love the classic black gloss". We didn't have those comments with the release of the 510tp or the 975, but times have changed and fashion seems to be an issue for many today. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...