Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

2011 Cleveland XL270 & SL 290 Driver & TL310

Stephen_Peszel

just saw this, can't post pic for some reason

Cleveland Miyazaki ultralite drivers

(not sure if link is inserting, had to edit a few times for some reason)

http://www.vimeo.com/15038064

SNEAK PEAK 2011, Cleveland Miyazaki ultralite drivers from Games People Play on Vimeo.

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

• SPY VIP

The Cleveland pro at our local shop saw these too and was quite excited about them. He is not one who thinks that someone should switch equipment every season either.

I wil definitely seek these out when they are available.

Knit headcovers are sweet too.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

First Look at Cleveland Golf For 2011!

Our friends over at GPPGolf.com and GolfSpy X wanted to give the MGS readers the “Exclusive First Look” of the new line-up for Cleveland Golf this year. I think overall they did a nice job with the drivers and the stock shaft offering. Their sister company Miyazaki will be providing all the shafts for their new sticks which is a nice touch.

READ FULL ARTICLE: http://www.mygolfspy...70-sl290-tl310/

Cleveland-sl-290-1.jpg

Cleveland-tl-310-1.jpg

Cleveland-xl-270-1.jpg

#TruthDigest

hey really look pretty good. Quite a change from the last collection which looked just hideous. I ain't usually interested in Cleveland drivers, but I find the Miyazaki stock shafting might play a huge part on these guys (remember that awful Fit-On Gold shafts? hehehe).

I'm looking forward to try the TL310 for sure....

From a fitting standpoint, these drivers offer flexibility that hasn't been seen before. Not everyone needs a 200g head- some people just aren't that strong. If a light shaft can be attached to the lighter head while maintaining a swing speed (generally D2) the golfer can handle- there could actually be some real distance gains. This has some potential.

That said, I'm more "meh" about the shaft. Other than for ego's sake, who cares? If it's an improper fit, it doesn't matter how much it costs or whose name is on it. I've never understood why people say the shaft is the "engine of the club". They're probably the same people trying to convince themselves they can hit an 8.5* driver...

I wonder how many people realize how little the shaft has to do with the physics of the swing. While a low-torqued shaft can help prevent twisting on miss-hits, the clubhead is doing the majority of the work- that's why they have bulge (a horizontally convex face). Torque and bendpoint have more to do with feel than anything: a torque that's too low will feel boardy, too high and it'll feel noodley. Bend (or kick) point has little to do with trajectory... there's only about 1* of difference between a low and high BP shaft. If your optimum launch angle is 12* and with your current gear you're sitting at 13, switching to a high BP shaft will gve you that 1* lowering you need to reach optimum (but if you get that boardy feel, could you live with that?), but other than that...

Yes, I realize that shafts can be made with more expensive graphite fibers... but really, what does it do? It's like saying a set of Ci7's aren't as good, quality-wise, as the Vr Full Cavities, X-22's, r9's, etc., etc... they were all at differing pricepoints when they were new, but did that mean the Ci7's were made with a cheap metal? No... the same idea goes for shafts (and grips, for that matter). And if you think pricepoint is the biggest determining factor for performance, there's one for $1,000 (Matrix TP-7). It HAS to be the best, given its price... how come people aren't clamoring over that one anymore?

Archived