TESTERS WANTED! ×

Swing thoughts

revkev

I've got a couple thoughts just looking at the still photo. Feel free to totally disregard as some stranger's opinion on the internet!

Some of this is caused by camera angle but I see a couple of stark differences

Your foot line is well to the right where Rors is more parallel left. A closed stance can encourage the club to go too much behind you.

Also that's what it looks like to me. Not necessarily that your hands/arms are flat, but that they are way behind your head whereas Rory is above his right shoulder.

It also looks as if you are missing some needed width in the backswing. Again hard to tell for sure from camera angle but I'm guessing a face on view would show hands all the way behind you. If you look at Rory face on, when his hands are set at the top they are still well to the rear of his head. To put it another way, if you look at him face on and drew a vertical line from the right side of his head to the ground, his hands do not pass that line. So he is both high and wide. Conversely yours looks as if your hands would travel well beyond that line, leading to a sagging and somewhat collapsed position at the top. Again, camera angle is making it a bit hard to say but I would be striving more for the idea of wide than trying to keep the left arm straight at all

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah I'm trying to go straight back now vs. inside. It was helping a bit yesterday at the range. When I get the face square I like the results a lot, feels like where I was earlier in the year when I couldn't miss a fairway and was pushing 300.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Personally, for me,  I find that golf should be an empty headed game.   When I start thinking, things ain't gonna be pretty.   People often discuss the importance of hand/eye coordination.  For me, its more of a matter of brain/body coordination.   If my brain sends too many signals to my body, my body gets totally confused, and most times, my body is just going to do what it wants to do any how, ignoring any instructions from the brain .  So most times, I find it best for my brain not to overload my body and just let it do what its going to do in hopes that the body is doing well that day.

Yep for me too much thinking can be dangerous when trying to actually hit the ball. Usually I think what club I want to use and what I want to attempt to do and get over it and hit and hope I am successful if not hope to find it and hit it again. Really simple for my simple mind

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Yep for me too much thinking can be dangerous when trying to actually hit the ball. Usually I think what club I want to use and what I want to attempt to do and get over it and hit and hope I am successful if not hope to find it and hit it again. Really simple for my simple mind

Same for me, once I envision my shot, pick a club and get set up, I go dumb, I just swing and don't think about anything. I'mm going to hit it again, good, bad, or ugly unless it's the final putt of the round.

IMG_20171124_132530990_HDR.jpg

Found this beauty at half Price books. I'm going to be a 🌟

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Timing/Rhythm thoughts:

Back and through with driver and hybrids.

Up and In with irons. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny how your setup can cause all sorts of screwy inconsistent stuff to happen. My main swing thought today was feet position and I played some really solid golf. Simple but game changing good. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I don't know if it's even a correct piece of a good swing or not, but I always seem to go back to thinking about keeping a closed face on the backswing. I don't know why it works really, but when I do it, my ball striking is really crisp

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Gonna be thinking about/working on being way less flat for next season. Watched a video of my swing DTL and left arm was damn near horizontal

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That was my issue when I went to golf school in October.  My coach said it was a miracle that I could get the club back down to the ball.  He said I was perfect if I was trying to hit a fastball into the upper deck!!

I spend 2 days working on it; swing videos, and when I got home my ball striking was vastly improved.  I played the best golf ever the last month before GHIN shut down for the winter; went fro, 9.0 to 7.9 in 30 days.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My biggest continual problem, bending my wrists. If I can get that under control I think I'll be able to add yards and accuracy to my shots. Hopefully then reducing strokes.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I don't know if it's even a correct piece of a good swing or not, but I always seem to go back to thinking about keeping a closed face on the backswing. I don't know why it works really, but when I do it, my ball striking is really crisp

I tried that and don't understand how you do it. In my swing, I lay it open.

That could just be the difference between a drawer and a fader though.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That was my issue when I went to golf school in October. My coach said it was a miracle that I could get the club back down to the ball. He said I was perfect if I was trying to hit a fastball into the upper deck!!

I spend 2 days working on it; swing videos, and when I got home my ball striking was vastly improved. I played the best golf ever the last month before GHIN shut down for the winter; went fro, 9.0 to 7.9 in 30 days.

Yeah I've been told I've got a pretty good baseball swing. Trouble is I've never played...

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I don't really have a swing thought on the course as far as mechanics go right now. On good days once I've set up at the start of my swing my sole thought is “attack”, it helps to keep other thoughts out, I guess that could count though.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Time for a bit of comic relief. I mean: ya gotta scratch your head and wonder what (if any?) the swing thoughts of these golfers are........

https://twitter.com/HashtagChad/status/929116192064733185?s=09

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Time for a bit of comic relief. I mean: ya gotta scratch your head and wonder what (if any?) the swing thoughts of these golfers are........

https://twitter.com/HashtagChad/status/929116192064733185?s=09

The second one is pretty cool that he made good contact.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've played a lot of sports in my life and I don't really remember thinking about anything when playing... I've found while golfing, the more I think about how not to screw it up I screw it up. It hasn't become a natural thing for me like shooting a basketball or hitting a baseball. Which I must say is frustrating as hell. My one swing thought is always swing through the ball.

Archived