Sign in to follow this  
Golfspy_CG2

My WITB Through The Years (well the last 2.5 anyway)

Going through my phone to sort out some pics for finishing up my JPX900 HotMetal review, i ran across several variations of my WITB just in the last two years, there were more before that, but fortunately it's before camera phones were really the thing...ha

So here's  a look back, if you have multiple years worth, lets see them as well.

July 2015

WITB July 2015.jpg

Feb 2016

WITB Feb 2016.jpg

Sept 2016

WITB Nov Sept 2016.jpg

June 2017

WITB June 2017.jpg

Aug 2017

WITB Aug 2017.jpg

Nov 2017

WITB Nov 2017.jpg

• Like 4

Holy club ho. That's some money spent right there looks good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

LOL!!  Maybe that's why my 401K isn't growing as fast as it should. :D   But thankfully, working in the industry I'm pretty lucky with personal discounts from most companies.  Well maybe that's not such a good thing..ha

• Like 6

LOL!! Maybe that's why my 401K isn't growing as fast as it should. :D But thankfully, working in the industry I'm pretty lucky with personal discounts from most companies. Well maybe that's not such a good thing..ha

If you sell them you can recoop a little if not you must have one heck of a club room.

• Like 1

You change setups like I change underwe...wait nevermind that's gross.

You do it often. I'm jealous.

• Like 4

This is a perfect example of why I should never work in the golf industry

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's an excellent point.  Most people say, "Don't go work in the golf industry, because you'll never get to play golf"   When in reality, this may be a better reason not to.   

But I can't lie, since a couple long time golf buddies are on this forum as well, I was just as bad before I came to work in golf.   this has just made it easier...ha

• Like 1

You change setups like I change underwe...wait nevermind that's gross.

You do it often. I'm jealous.

yeah, but I'm thinking of a New Years resolution involving buying irons.  

• Like 1

So you're gonna buy more? Lol

Yeah, you notice I didn't say what the resolution was...ha

If it was to not buy any, I could see this happening on January 3rd.   Just substitute those new Wilson/Taylormade/Cobra/Bridgestone irons for where he says woman....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwH__x6jV6A

• Like 2

I love it - probably not great for your game but I love it

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I love it - probably not great for your game but I love it

Yeah. Possibly not. Bit my handicap has gone from 25 in 2015 to 17.9 at the end of this year.

But i know sticking with one set (thst was fit for me)for a year st least maybe two would benefit me.

Awesome photos and awesome clubs. You can't possibly be chasing performance anymore, you've got them all!

I think you're crossing into collector status now. How's your ladies shoe closet look? There's gotta be give and take in this situation.

• Like 2

Awesome photos and awesome clubs. You can't possibly be chasing performance anymore, you've got them all!

I think you're crossing into collector status now. How's your ladies shoe closet look? There's gotta be give and take in this situation.

HA...So you're saying the upcoming Wilson D350's won't give me the little bit more distance and forgiveness that I'm missing out on now...LOL   Very well said, can't be chasing performance any more.   If these damn companies would just quit making clubs, it wouldn't' be an problem.  ;)

As for the ladies shoes, she is very low maintenance and doesn't like buying things.  As for the clubs, she just tells me to keep them at the office so they don't clutter up the place at home...LOL

• Like 1

Soo...im pretty sure these pictures are incomplete as there are several drivers, iron sets and putters that are not present..😂😂😂

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Soo...im pretty sure these pictures are incomplete as there are several drivers, iron sets and putters that are not present..

MDGolfHacker

Yeah, like I said fortunate that cell phone cameras didn't exist as early as 2003 and that WITB pictures wasn't a thing until the last couple years :)

BTW, Stage two  is up!!  

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20989-official-forum-member-review-mizuno-jpx-900-irons/?p=328943

• Like 2

I tried kicking the 917 out of the bag but just can't. I hit the Epic SZ a little longer but I just stripe the 917. The F2 is head and shoulders above the Epic SZ 3 wood and about 10 yards behind the 816 DBD. I tried to go another way and just have to accept that Titleist just works for me right now.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Lloyd C

• By THEZIPR23
      Almost a total remodel of the bag.

Epic Flash SZ 10.5 set at -1 N Graphite Design Tour AD TSG Blue X (45")
      M3 15 set at -2 Paderson Fairway KG 860-F30 S
      Epic Flash SZ 18 set at S N Tensei AV Blue 70 X
       Z585 4 & 5 KBS C Taper S
       Z785 6-AW KBS C Taper S
       Glide Forged 56 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
       Glide Forged 60 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
       SS 28 CS 33"

Driver: Thank you MGS, flat out the best driver I have ever had in the bag.
      3W: A random purchase after being unable to hit the original epic 3w. Put same shaft that I was fit for in the epic and it has been a match made in heaven. Absolute money from the tee and I know exactly what it will do from the fairway. Combined with the driver there are not many par 5's that I can't reach. 
      5W: Solid club but this spot has always been a trouble spot in my bag and that hasn't changed in 20 years. 
      Irons: Love the combo and they feel absolutely amazing. All of them are 1* strong, standard lie and +1/2" Biggest thing I was looking for in making the change was more control. They definitely fly different than P790's but hopefully after an adjustment period they will meet or exceed my expectations. 
      Wedges: A different look from what I am used to but feel is amazing. The shaft on full swings is so easy for me to deliver correctly. 
      Putter: Not a fast revolving door but one that moves some. Have gotten used to the look of the center shaft but still struggling with alignment some. 
      Ball: Titleist PROV1X #23 imprinted with THEZIPR in blue. Have played this ball since its birth and while I have tried many other options nothing has been able to kick it out. 
      Rangefinder: Bushnell PRO X2 
      Glove: Footjoy Weathersof. Love the Ping tour glove but at the rate I go through gloves I just can't justify the price difference.
      Shoes: Ecco Biom G 3 BOA and Biom Hybrid 3 BOA. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. 

• By jaymikem
      I have a set of JPX 919 hot metal pro irons, 4 - GW, kbs c taper light stiff shafts, that have been played for about 15 rounds and hit for 5 range sessions. Still pretty much look new (will post pictures later), but looking to potentially trade for a set of black cobra forged tec irons in similar shape, or a set of 919 forged. The clubs are fine, but the added distance I get compared to my old clubs is a little more than I need. 
      All standards for length, lie, etc. If in the metro Detroit area, would be willing to meet up to make the trade to save on shipping. 
      GONE AND CAN BE LOCKED DOWN!
    • By snakebite
      Nike Lunar Control Vapor and Lunar Control 4 ID Golf Shoes, size 12. Worn but with less than 10 rounds on each. Looking to get $50/each but open to offers. 

• By Golfspy_CG2
      So my two favorite golf destinations are Whistling Straits and Pinehurst.   I've been lucky enough to visit both multiple times.   I was doubly lucky that one of the trips to Pinehurst in 2016 was as part of the Team Titleist event, which I chronicled here, right after I joined the site.
      Well I'll complete the TeamTitleist DoubePlay....if you will,  this week.  On Wednesday I'll be headed to Kohler to spend three days and nights with some great TeamTitleist members that I have met over the years at the events, and several members of Titleist staff.   They are litteraly among the best people in the industry that I've met and put on a great event for the attendees. 

Highlights this year will include:
      Playing Blackwolf Run--Home of a couple of Women's US Opens Playing WS Straits course, site of the 202 Ryder Cup and has hosted the PGA Championship three times!  An afternoon demo/fitting session of the entire Titleist line, including the new T Series irons and TS FW's and Hybrids Titleist Ball Fitting and Demo A hands on instructional clinic from Cameron McCormick Based on previous events..A huge bag full of Titleist and Team Titleist swag And best of all three days of meals and great memories with other passionate golfers!  And probably unfortunately spending more money than I need to in the pro shop on 2020 Ryder Cup merchandise 🙄 I'll be filling this thread as much as I can with pictures throughout the three days starting tomorrow.  
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      This review coincided with the National D7 Challenge that Wilson Staff ran through the first 3 months of the season.   To be eligible for the testing, forum members had to go to a Wilson Demo Day or local golf store and demo the D7 iron and see how much distance they gained. 
      As a result the selected members received a full set of D7 irons.  This testing is also a milestone for MGS of sorts as it marks the first official club test for our women members.  So we're excited to have a couple of them chiming in on what we are sure will be some very helpful and insightful reviews. 

The Testers are as follows:
      @Steve2100                                     Stage 1                 Stage 2
      @Tarheelvolvo                                  Stage 1                 Stage 2
      @JohnSmalls                                   Stage 1                  Stage 2
      @GeekingGolf                                  Stage 1                   Stage 2
      Our Two Female Reviewers
      @GolfDorkette                                Stage 1                    Stage 2
      @artful_golfer                                 Stage 1                    Stage 2
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!