TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club Champion

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting fit while slightly fatigued actually has it's benefits. The last thing you want is to get fit into shafts that are too heavy or stout because you are swinging hard when you are nice and fresh, but when you get your new clubs and get to the back 9, you start to get tired and you have trouble getting the performance you had when you were energized at the beginning of the round.

Yeah but I also hit 200+ balls reach session... And I'm praying no one is hiring that many balls during their rounds to be that fatigued

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Yeah I'm surprised at the G400 being so good, but then again, not really. I'm excited for the 2018 golf year!

Awesome read! Those G400 woods are making waves

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am sure you will enjoy it. I've done it twice in the past 5 years and I have learned a lot and enjoyed it more than I could ever imagine.

After checking out their site and your “review” I might have to make the journey.

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Have heard this as a suggestion but since it is a 3+ hour drive each way and the lack of available times I am going for a single session. Hoping that doing The most wanted testing and post test personal evaluations has gotten me in shape to hit that many balls.

That is a long way to go. Then DEFINITELY get some rest. Bring some Gatorade and snacks. Don't take too many warm up swings as they'll throw out some of the ugly swings anyways. And go in with an open mind. Know what you want to accomplish, but don't be set on a certain brand/type. They'll guide you in the right direction. And ask questions.... lots and lots of questions.

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time.  I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations.  But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.  

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time. I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations. But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.

You could call and ask. They might be able to work something out

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

As I understand it is not a buy in advance and use later. It really isn't a coupon, they lower the cost of the fitting during dec and Jan

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time. I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations. But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.

It's got a "use by" date

That is a long way to go. Then DEFINITELY get some rest. Bring some Gatorade and snacks. Don't take too many warm up swings as they'll throw out some of the ugly swings anyways. And go in with an open mind. Know what you want to accomplish, but don't be set on a certain brand/type. They'll guide you in the right direction. And ask questions.... lots and lots of questions.

Thanks for the tips about the Gatorade/water and snacks.  I definitely have an open mind about clubs and I am not partial to any brand.  Saw on their facebook page today that they have the Rogue line of clubs available starting today; looking forward to trying them out.    

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks for the tips about the Gatorade/water and snacks. I definitely have an open mind about clubs and I am not partial to any brand. Saw on their facebook page today that they have the Rogue line of clubs available starting today; looking forward to trying them out.

Yeah they weren't for me but I'm sure they for someone looking forward to hearing about it.

For the holidays I was given a new Wilson C300 Driver and a set of slightly used M2 Irons. I've been ready to go to CC for a putter fitting as that is a club I've been looking at getting new for this upcoming season.

My question is, with their 50% off it looks like you can do a full bag fitting for about $175. Would it be worth it to just do the full bag and have them dial in the settings on my C300, and loft/lie/length on my M2 irons? Maybe give me some shaft recommendations?

Do they do fittings on existing clubs or only if you're looking to get a new set? I'm for sure going to do a full putter fitting and get a new putter but wonder if spending a bit more to make adjustments to my other clubs is worth it, since I'm not in the market for a whole brand new driver or irons set.

You won't be able to adjust loft and lie on the M2 irons. They will break very easily.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

One more day til my fitting. I am beyond excited and have a million questions/thoughts running through my mind. I am most interested in getting feedback on wedges and the various grinds, shaft options, and lie angle fitting. I think properly fit wedges could have the biggest impact on my game.

@ole gray; when are you going for you fitting? I know you have had some delays but I am interested in hearing about the long game fitting you won.

@ole gray; when are you going for you fitting? I know you have had some delays but I am interested in hearing about the long game fitting you won.

It has been one thing after another around my house lately. The good thing is Club Champion has been awesome while working with my schedule. I'm hoping soon I can finally put a wrap on this and post my experience.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Went for my fitting yesterday.  It was a long day on the road and I was pretty busy today reading all the PGA Show threads on the net.   I will definitely write up my thoughts but the bottom line is that it was a great experience and learned a lot about club fitting and my needs as a golfer.   Wish Club Champion wasn't so far away so I could work through some of my thoughts on the fitting.  

Biggest question in my mind is Trackman vs.  Foresight GCQuad numbers.  

Went for my fitting yesterday. It was a long day on the road and I was pretty busy today reading all the PGA Show threads on the net. I will definitely write up my thoughts but the bottom line is that it was a great experience and learned a lot about club fitting and my needs as a golfer. Wish Club Champion wasn't so far away so I could work through some of my thoughts on the fitting.

Biggest question in my mind is Trackman vs. Foresight GCQuad numbers.

I have found out recently there is a club champion in Charlotte, I looked it up and it's 7.6 miles from the house. I am looking at mid April for iron fitting.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Had my full bag fitting at Club Champion in Washington DC this past Tuesday.  As a starter I will say that it was a great experience and recommend that anyone interested in a fitting should give Club Champion a try.  Each Club Champion has several fitters and not knowing the fitters that were at the location I was assigned one of the available fitters.  I am sure that the quality of the fitting will be determined by how well you and the fitter gel and how much you communicate with the fitter.  

When I arrived for the fitting I was asked to fill out a questionnaire the asked about me, how I heard about CC, goals for the fitting, and carry distance for various clubs.  At my appointment time my fitter came and explained how CC works, explained their club build process, discussed my goals, and offered me a gatorade/water.  

I was asked to hit some warm up shots with a 9 iron while Jim took some baseline measurements on my 6 iron.  When I was ready,  I hit some shots with my current 6 iron to establish a baseline that we would try and improve up.   Since I was looking to improve my shot dispersion,  my approach was to only delete truly uncharacteristic shots.  Once we had a baseline,  we selected a comparable head and worked to see how various shafts would impact the baseline results.  In my case I play a Callaway X-Hot Pro so we picked a Steelhead Pro as my fitting head.  As we went through shafts, I would provide feedback on my thoughts on the feel of the shaft and we would then look at the shot results.  Based on my feedback and the numbers we went through various shafts to adjust what was happening.  If I didn't like the feel of the shaft I was told to stop since we had a lot of balls to hit that day.  The evolution of iron shafts we went through were KBS tour, project X LZ, oban, nippon pro modus, steelfiber, nippon 95, and kbs tour 90.  For me the best feel with desired results was the KBS Tour shafts.  Now that we had a shaft,  we worked to find the best head.   We started with the jpx900 forged, i200, apex cf16, rogue pro, and  P790.  The best fit and feel for me was the i200 and P790 so we had a round 2 to see which worked best.   Final result was the P790.  My baseline club had a ball speed of 112.9 MPH, 4930 spinrate, carry of 161.2, total of 172.8, and a 28 ft dispersion from center.   The P790 had a 120.1 ball speed, 5627 spin, 171.0 carry,  178.8 total, and a 13 ft dispersion.  Now that we had the club we determined lie and length for the club using a lie board.   What I learned about my irons is I like clubs that don't feel head heavy and a softer feeling shaft.   

Next up was wedges; my personal weak area.   We talked about wedges, my understanding of wedges,  results that I see on the course, and the evolution of wedges as set lofts have changed over time.  Jim's personal preference is to use the gap wedge from the set and then fit the next wedges based on distance needs.  Fitting recommendation is to match the sets shaft and progress the lie angle based on irons.  His opinion was that in today's world wedges are pretty equal and should be based on personal opinion; additionally,  fitting wedges indoors isn't advisable and that it is something that should really be done outdoors.  He did favor the new TM milled wedges since the grinds are more consistent than hand ground grinds.  We hit a few full swing wedges and some partial wedges but saw similar results to my current wedge set.  Ultimately he agreed that this was an area I needed to work on, gave me some tips on what he saw with my swing and  said I would be better off selecting wedges after I get my technique fixed.   

On to Drivers.   As with the irons, we started with my driver baseline, found a comparable head, and then worked through shafts.  My comparable head was the Srixon 565.  Interesting note was that the other fitter walked by and made the comment that the 565 was MGS' most wanted driver.   Shaft options I went through were a paderson, fuji XLR8, accra concept, oban ishawa,  mitsubishi c6, and a Fuji Vista pro. Goal of the shaft selection was to reduce spin.  Best option was the Fuji Vista Pro.  Head options went:  Epic, G400, and Rogue.  We did get reduced spin with the best results coming with the G400.  Gamer had 147.9 ball speed, spin 2950, carry 245.1, total 262.4, 29 ft dispersion.  The G400 had 148.4 ball speed, 2071 spin, 247.8 carry, 275.1 total and 22 ft dispersion.   Based on these numbers,  while I probably have too much spin with my current driver,  there doesn't seem to be enough improvement to warrant a change.

3Wood - hit my baseline shots and the decision was that I hit my 3 wood well and it would be difficult to find an improvement since my smash factor was pretty high (1.49 average).  We did notice that I did have a couple of shots that had an abnormally high spin rate so we tried the G400 with the Vista pro shaft. As predicted we dropped ball speed 2 mph,  dropped spin 300 rpm, and lost 2 yards carry.   Recommendation is to keep the 3 wood.   

Hybrids -  While I was getting my hybrid,  Jim started pulling shafts and pulled the exact same shaft I have in my current hybrds.  In his opinion since I liked the KBS shafts for the irons that the KBS hybrid prototype shaft would be a good fit.  I hit a few of my current hybrid and he agreed that no change was necessary.  I agreed since my hybrids are some of my favorite clubs.

Putter -  Measurements of my putter were taken to get baseline numbers for the Puttlab.  I was given the opportunity to hit a few putts to get a feel for the green while he setup the Puttlab with my current putter information.   Once I was ready I was asked to hit 7 putts to a hole about 10 feet away.  I made all 7 putts and the Puttlab confirmed that my stroke and setup were pretty consistent.   On average I am .8* right, have a path that goes .3* right, am closed about .3* at impact, average strike is about 1mm toward the toe, and based on launch predicts that I have a forward roll on my ball.  The decision about my putter was that the Puttlab should be used as a reference and that my making all 7 putts there probably shouldn't be any putter change.  

Post fitting, i was given a package that included information about CC, a build sheet with spec for irons and driver, and detailed the cost for the TM P790 irons, shafts, and pureing and the driver.   Their preference is to order everything themselves so they ensure the clubs are properly setup.  He also indicated that I could order the clubs and have them sent to CC and they would make the adjustments.   interesting that they do offer different options for assembly.  

When I got home I had a line to mytrackman that had the numbers from every club that I hit.  I didn't get the Puttlab report and requested the report.   I received the basic report and followed up with an email to try to get the detailed report that showed all the detailed information for each stroke instead of just the average information.  Jim responded that today was his day off but he would see if he could produce that report for me.  

I am sure most people are wondering why I didn't try X club to see how it worked.  For me there were a couple of reasons.  The first is that I trusted that the fitter knew the performance characteristics of the various heads and shafts and knew what would be best for me.  The second is that since I am one of the MGS most wanted testers,  I have the opportunity to hit most of the clubs on the market so I didn't have a desire to just hit clubs to try them.  I am sure that if I wanted to try a particular head I could have asked and would have been given an opportunity to try them.  

As I stated at the beginning,  I was very happy with the provided services and how the fitting was done.   Will I buy new clubs?  At this point I am undecided as I think working on my wedge game would have a bigger impact on my scores.   The other reason is my biggest puzzlement with evaluating launch numbers.  CC uses Trackman and MGS uses the GC Quad.  When I compare my numbers I see slower swing speeds and higher smash factors on the Trackman than on the GC Quad.  On the Trackman I was seeing numbers around 98-100 for my driver with smash factors of 1.48+ and a downward angle of attack.  On the GC Quad I see swing speeds in the 104-107 with smash factors in the 1.38 range and an upward angle of attack.   I am sure that the answer is that as long as I do my comparisons on a single system then I should be able to do accurate side by side comparisons.   Just an interesting note on how the numbers are different between systems.

Well that wraps it up.  Let me know if you have any questions or want more detailed information on my session.  

Well that wraps it up. Let me know if you have any questions or want more detailed information on my session.

You already gave a review that's about as detailed as it gets! Really awesome stuff man, thanks for taking the time to write that up. Having never been fit myself, the process they take to set you up properly was really interesting to follow.

Here's my question: How do you feel about your results?

Personally, I'd be a little disappointed to get as many "stay with current" recommendations. I guess it's good for validation of your previous choices, but that would really point the blaming finger right at the Indian

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Nice write up! How far of a drive was it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Took me 3 hours to get there and 4.5 to get home.   Finishing up at 4:15 put my right in the DC traffic.    I really wish I was closer,  it would be nice to be able to go hit some of the options again to verify my results.

You already gave a review that's about as detailed as it gets! Really awesome stuff man, thanks for taking the time to write that up. Having never been fit myself, the process they take to set you up properly was really interesting to follow.

Here's my question: How do you feel about your results?

Personally, I'd be a little disappointed to get as many "stay with current" recommendations. I guess it's good for validation of your previous choices, but that would really point the blaming finger right at the Indian

Thanks.  I tried to give a little different perspective on the process instead of just here are my results.   Honestly I am happy with my results.  I never did a formal fitting with any of the clubs in my bag; they were all trial and error and based on results I saw from testing a lot of different clubs.   We actually talked about finding clubs that fit your game and how once you have the right clubs it should take a while before you find something that replaces what you are playing.  Going in I knew my hybrids and putter were good fits.   My wedge game is a mess; my fitter said I have a 5 handicap swing and a 15 handicap wedge game based on the results of my hitting some partial wedges.  3 Wood I wasn't sure what to expect but really didn't care since I don't use that club much.  I expected there to be more difference in the driver fitting and was hoping for that 15 yard gain.  Irons were pretty much what I expected;  figured the right shaft would give me a little better performance. 

Overall,  I think my expectations were kept in check after having been involved in the most wanted testing for 2 years.   I see my numbers on MGS's launch monitor and know that there really isn't a lot of difference between any of the various OEMs.   The combinations of the different heads and shafts basically allow you to tweak the launch and spin numbers and as long as your fits is close you won't see much improvement.

Took me 3 hours to get there and 4.5 to get home. Finishing up at 4:15 put my right in the DC traffic. I really wish I was closer, it would be nice to be able to go hit some of the options again to verify my results.

Thanks. I tried to give a little different perspective on the process instead of just here are my results. Honestly I am happy with my results. I never did a formal fitting with any of the clubs in my bag; they were all trial and error and based on results I saw from testing a lot of different clubs. We actually talked about finding clubs that fit your game and how once you have the right clubs it should take a while before you find something that replaces what you are playing. Going in I knew my hybrids and putter were good fits. My wedge game is a mess; my fitter said I have a 5 handicap swing and a 15 handicap wedge game based on the results of my hitting some partial wedges. 3 Wood I wasn't sure what to expect but really didn't care since I don't use that club much. I expected there to be more difference in the driver fitting and was hoping for that 15 yard gain. Irons were pretty much what I expected; figured the right shaft would give me a little better performance.

Overall, I think my expectations were kept in check after having been involved in the most wanted testing for 2 years. I see my numbers on MGS's launch monitor and know that there really isn't a lot of difference between any of the various OEMs. The combinations of the different heads and shafts basically allow you to tweak the launch and spin numbers and as long as your fits is close you won't see much improvement.

Awesome stuff Cnosil. I don't recall your wedge game from the time we played. But I do recall saying something about seeing the smoothest swing, I've seen in a long time. No doubt your iron and driver swing are on point and we're able to provide good feedback for your results.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's a great review!

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• 2 weeks later...

Club fitting is so confusing. I know that each launch monitor and my swing on that day impacts the results but I would think that while the numbers may vary, the results would be consistent.

Went to GG and they had the new M3 and M4 demos so I thought I would try them. Compared them to the g400, rogue, and F8+. Interesting that the g400 was dead last for me. the M4 was significantly better than the others. If we constantly get different end results, how are we supposed to choose. And yes, I realize that I wasn't hitting the same shaft as CC. I am eager to compare the M4 vs the g400 at MGS to see how they compare in the most wanted testing.

Just so frustrating!!!!!

Club fitting is so confusing. I know that each launch monitor and my swing on that day impacts the results but I would think that while the numbers may vary, the results would be consistent.

Went to GG and they had the new M3 and M4 demos so I thought I would try them. Compared them to the g400, rogue, and F8+. Interesting that the g400 was dead last for me. the M4 was significantly better than the others. If we constantly get different end results, how are we supposed to choose. And yes, I realize that I wasn't hitting the same shaft as CC. I am eager to compare the M4 vs the g400 at MGS to see how they compare in the most wanted testing.

Just so frustrating!!!!!

Club fitting is interesting.... it is a one-time one-day process.  If you're hitting draws that day for some reason (and you normally don't) then you might end up fit for the wrong clubs and not even know it.  It seems like it should be a 3 day process and then, after the 3 days you have a good average/idea of how a person 'generally' hits a ball and can make a better decision as to what clubs fit best.  I realize that you can always bring them back and there can be some adjustments made but it just seems to be inefficient the way it works.

My other 'gripe' with club fitting is that they always seem to want to fit you into the latest/greatest....

What if I walked in and told my fitter - look, I want to be fit into some clubs but I want to buy something that's 2-4 years old and save some money.  Would they look at me like I had a 3rd eyeball and tell me to get out or would it be more along the lines of, well, we'll fit you into what we have (the newer models) and then we can give you a recommendation for an older model that would work well for you.  My hope is that would be possible but the 2 times I've been (not counting the putter) I haven't had much luck.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Just so frustrating!!!!!

I'm really curious to hear the outcome of those two drivers for you as well.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Club fitting is interesting.... it is a one-time one-day process. If you're hitting draws that day for some reason (and you normally don't) then you might end up fit for the wrong clubs and not even know it. It seems like it should be a 3 day process and then, after the 3 days you have a good average/idea of how a person 'generally' hits a ball and can make a better decision as to what clubs fit best. I realize that you can always bring them back and there can be some adjustments made but it just seems to be inefficient the way it works.

My other 'gripe' with club fitting is that they always seem to want to fit you into the latest/greatest....

What if I walked in and told my fitter - look, I want to be fit into some clubs but I want to buy something that's 2-4 years old and save some money. Would they look at me like I had a 3rd eyeball and tell me to get out or would it be more along the lines of, well, we'll fit you into what we have (the newer models) and then we can give you a recommendation for an older model that would work well for you. My hope is that would be possible but the 2 times I've been (not counting the putter) I haven't had much luck.

Sounds like you listened to Adam's podcast regarding the today vs tomorrow stuff.

Been doing enough testing to understand the day to day differences of draws vs fade days and swing speed variances. After looking at ball flight and swing speed I would say that the swings were fairly comparable. Ignoring actual numbers and normalizing the results, most of the drivers were in the same range with most beating the G400. That would be fine if I stopped there. The puzzling part for me is that the M4 was 15 yards longer than everything else. I just find it hard to believe that I would get that much difference with current tech vs current tech. Maybe against 5 year old clubs. Current vs current being generally equal is generally what I see in the most wanted testing for my swing. There are outliers but nothing in the 15 yards more range.

Club fitting is great and I appreciate the value. but I am glad I am not an impulse buyer when it comes to drivers and irons.

Archived