TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club Champion

Headed to my fitting Saturday if anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been one thing after another around my house lately. The good thing is Club Champion has been awesome while working with my schedule. I'm hoping soon I can finally put a wrap on this and post my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Did you get this thing in the books yet?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Did you get this thing in the books yet?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Derek I have had so many appointments with the VA etc. that I have not been. I intentionally put it off until the newer drivers were available and now I need to get my butt over to Atlanta and get fit!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Derek I have had so many appointments with the VA etc. that I have not been. I intentionally put it off until the newer drivers were available and now I need to get my butt over to Atlanta and get fit!

The man that started this thread because he won the fitting and got other people thinking about going is the only one not to go lol... get yer kiester is gear OG.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The man that started this thread because he won the fitting and got other people thinking about going is the only one not to go lol... get yer kiester is gear OG.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dude you would not believe how many times I rescheduled only to have two snow days in Georgia, my dog having multiple treatments at the vet hospital in Athens, myself having numerous medical appointments at the VA during my appeal process and much more. Heck I don't like to drive in Atlanta when the weather is perfect.  Throw some ice on and snow on the roads and no way in hell would I drive in that area with those crazy fools!  :blink:  Club Champ has been awesome in waiting on my schedule to clear and I'm hoping I won't have to cancel next time.  :unsure:

Cleveland

Whew that was a lot of swinging

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Whew that was a lot of swinging

That's all you have for us?

;)

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

;)

Just had to put the tease out there  :P

They have that Taylormade 790 UDI?

Nope. They said they won't get them till next month

;)

So i had my fitting yesterday at club champion and it was a blast. My fitter Jordan had me start out just warming up to my 6i and while I did he asked me what brought me in and such. I told him I hadn't been fit in about 4 years and just wanted to make sure everything I had was a good fit. I knew my wedges were beyond worn seeing that I had them since i started playing 6+ years ago.

Once I got warmed up and hit some 6i he asked what I wanted to try. I really only wanted to hit the tmag p series. Anything else was just gonna be extra for me. So we started with the p750 to get a baseline and narrow down the shaft from there. He did say that my current shafts (kbs tour V X flex) weren't a bad fit. I did mention how I feel like I have to go 100% with them and never really felt like I couldn't pull off more technical shots without over focusing on them.

The first shaft I tired was the project X LZ in 6.5 which gave some really nice results. My ball speed went up a few mph and it felt like I could swing a bit freer with them. Next was the c-taper 130x and these were just as good as the LZ but Jordan mentioned how I was getting the club thru impact much better with the c-tapers so those became the shaft to beat. I tried the oban steel and I liked that but they were a touch light for me. The came the nippon modus and this just didn't suit me at all. So the c-taper was the winner. Next was on to different heads

The next head I tried was the p790 which felt great and was crazy powerful. Only problem I seemed to have was hitting it a bit fat. I asked if it could do with the sole being a bit wider since I was used to my hogans. He said possibly and then we switched back to the 750s and I was hitting them pure again. Next came the 770s and those were good as well. Then he changed me over to the Cally X-forged. These clubs were nuts. I was getting ball speeds close to 130 and they felt great! Next came the rouge pro and I had the same issue with the p790s so it pretty much confirmed the sole thickness theory I had. These also felt great when I did catch them though.

Next we moved onto wedges and I once again had my pick of what I wanted to try. I mentioned how I had a hard time picking new wedges because I loved how mine looked. I decided to stick with tmag and try the milled grind wedges. I also hit the the vokey, Mack daddy forged, and the Cleveland rtx. They all were pretty similar. I liked the tmag the best. With the Mack daddy and vokey being a close second. The Cleveland wedges were just meh. I pretty much settled on the tmags and just wanted to try different bounce options. I actually hit the high bounce 56 much better than the low bounce. So not sure what I'll do there. Maybe I can find a demo day to try them on grass and such.

Then we moved onto the woods. Hit a couple with my cobra baffler 4w and explained that I really liked the shorter shaft but sometimes felt like I had to time it up to match the shaft. He grabbed a m3 HL head. Turned it down one and moved the weight into the toe. The shaft was the new Fuji pro 2.0 tour spec. First few swings with it were great. Good distance and landed steep enough that I could play it into a green if I ever wanted to. After those swings I kinda started to get gassed and my strikes showed it so I asked to try the tour edge fw just to see how it would work and the few I hit well went far but I much preferred the m3.

Next came drivers and at this point I kinda got my second wind. I explained how my sldr was the gamer up until I got the epic but I wasn't in love with the epic. When It works the epic is crazy long for me but I could never feel where I hit it on the face. The sldr on the other hand felt much better to me. But when it came down to hitting them both it was clear the epic was a much better driver for me. I did try the epic with the closest thing they had to my tour ADDI shaft and that produced some great shots and he even suggested taking my shaft and putting in the epic. I did hit the m4 and while I liked it the epic was just better.

Lastly we did the putter but nothing much was discovered here. I needed a mallet with a little toe hang and a flat lie. I did have them bend it a little flatter for me and was good to go.

Before we finished he asked what else I'd like to try and I said what ya got for me? He set up the Miura irons he was gonna order and man those things are nice. Even though they weren't punishing on mishits. Even with me being very tired and hands starting to blister I was able to hit some good shots. I did ask about what should i do about long irons and hybrids. Once again I pretty much could choose which way I wanted to go. Either m3 or a driving iron. I think I'll end up with a driving iron in the long run but maybe pick up a m3 head once they end up on eBay. Either way going with c-taper in them is the way to go for me. I did also hit his 712u 3 iron and I crushed it which just made me want a driving iron even more.

All in all it was a very fun day. Learned a lot and it was cool to know I did an ok job picking out my current equipment without a proper fitting.

So i had my fitting yesterday at club champion and it was a blast. My fitter Jordan had me start out just warming up to my 6i and while I did he asked me what brought me in and such. I told him I hadn't been fit in about 4 years and just wanted to make sure everything I had was a good fit. I knew my wedges were beyond worn seeing that I had them since i started playing 6+ years ago.

Once I got warmed up and hit some 6i he asked what I wanted to try. I really only wanted to hit the tmag p series. Anything else was just gonna be extra for me. So we started with the p750 to get a baseline and narrow down the shaft from there. He did say that my current shafts (kbs tour V X flex) weren't a bad fit. I did mention how I feel like I have to go 100% with them and never really felt like I couldn't pull off more technical shots without over focusing on them.

The first shaft I tired was the project X LZ in 6.5 which gave some really nice results. My ball speed went up a few mph and it felt like I could swing a bit freer with them. Next was the c-taper 130x and these were just as good as the LZ but Jordan mentioned how I was getting the club thru impact much better with the c-tapers so those became the shaft to beat. I tried the oban steel and I liked that but they were a touch light for me. The came the nippon modus and this just didn't suit me at all. So the c-taper was the winner. Next was on to different heads

The next head I tried was the p790 which felt great and was crazy powerful. Only problem I seemed to have was hitting it a bit fat. I asked if it could do with the sole being a bit wider since I was used to my hogans. He said possibly and then we switched back to the 750s and I was hitting them pure again. Next came the 770s and those were good as well. Then he changed me over to the Cally X-forged. These clubs were nuts. I was getting ball speeds close to 130 and they felt great! Next came the rouge pro and I had the same issue with the p790s so it pretty much confirmed the sole thickness theory I had. These also felt great when I did catch them though.

Next we moved onto wedges and I once again had my pick of what I wanted to try. I mentioned how I had a hard time picking new wedges because I loved how mine looked. I decided to stick with tmag and try the milled grind wedges. I also hit the the vokey, Mack daddy forged, and the Cleveland rtx. They all were pretty similar. I liked the tmag the best. With the Mack daddy and vokey being a close second. The Cleveland wedges were just meh. I pretty much settled on the tmags and just wanted to try different bounce options. I actually hit the high bounce 56 much better than the low bounce. So not sure what I'll do there. Maybe I can find a demo day to try them on grass and such.

Then we moved onto the woods. Hit a couple with my cobra baffler 4w and explained that I really liked the shorter shaft but sometimes felt like I had to time it up to match the shaft. He grabbed a m3 HL head. Turned it down one and moved the weight into the toe. The shaft was the new Fuji pro 2.0 tour spec. First few swings with it were great. Good distance and landed steep enough that I could play it into a green if I ever wanted to. After those swings I kinda started to get gassed and my strikes showed it so I asked to try the tour edge fw just to see how it would work and the few I hit well went far but I much preferred the m3.

Next came drivers and at this point I kinda got my second wind. I explained how my sldr was the gamer up until I got the epic but I wasn't in love with the epic. When It works the epic is crazy long for me but I could never feel where I hit it on the face. The sldr on the other hand felt much better to me. But when it came down to hitting them both it was clear the epic was a much better driver for me. I did try the epic with the closest thing they had to my tour ADDI shaft and that produced some great shots and he even suggested taking my shaft and putting in the epic. I did hit the m4 and while I liked it the epic was just better.

Lastly we did the putter but nothing much was discovered here. I needed a mallet with a little toe hang and a flat lie. I did have them bend it a little flatter for me and was good to go.

Before we finished he asked what else I'd like to try and I said what ya got for me? He set up the Miura irons he was gonna order and man those things are nice. Even though they weren't punishing on mishits. Even with me being very tired and hands starting to blister I was able to hit some good shots. I did ask about what should i do about long irons and hybrids. Once again I pretty much could choose which way I wanted to go. Either m3 or a driving iron. I think I'll end up with a driving iron in the long run but maybe pick up a m3 head once they end up on eBay. Either way going with c-taper in them is the way to go for me. I did also hit his 712u 3 iron and I crushed it which just made me want a driving iron even more.

All in all it was a very fun day. Learned a lot and it was cool to know I did an ok job picking out my current equipment without a proper fitting.

Sounds like the best results with the irons we're the Callaway X forged... still sticking with TM ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Sounds like the best results with the irons we're the Callaway X forged... still sticking with TM ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

They were pretty much the same. Just faster ball speeds. Not really a lot more distance though. I did like the x forged a lot. I think it'll come down to which driving iron I like the best. Maybe lol those p750s were fun to hit

Thanks for posting. I really want to schedule a time up there, but need to make sure I am ready to buy, because I know money will be spent .

Thanks for posting. I really want to schedule a time up there, but need to make sure I am ready to buy, because I know money will be spent .

That was one thing I enjoyed about it. I never felt pressure to buy anything

Mr Theo thanks for the insight!  I'll be focusing on drivers with maybe a few hits with the new hybrids and a whack or two with a fairway.  I suppose they have plenty of shafts to mix with the different heads?

Cleveland

Mr Theo thanks for the insight! I'll be focusing on drivers with maybe a few hits with the new hybrids and a whack or two with a fairway. I suppose they have plenty of shafts to mix with the different heads?

Pretty much anything that's mainstream.

Ok I have finally locked down my appointment with Club Champion!  Heading to Atlanta this Saturday for my gig which runs from 1:00 - 3:30.    I'm looking forward to seeing what all this new driver talk is.   I hope I can hit the dayum ball as I usually have issues if the stalls are dimly lit.  B)

Cleveland

Just letting you folks know I have not posted a review of my fitting because someone grabbed the spot out from under me for Saturday.  I suppose it was a paying customer however have no fear I have a new appointment .   Gawd forbid something else to come up so I can get this puppy in the books.  My new scheduled appointment is:

Hi Bill 

We look forward to a Marketing/PR Fit fitting with you on 4/16/2018 1:00 PM - 4/16/2018 3:30 PM at our Atlanta store, located at 6690 Roswell Rd Ste 540, Sandy Springs, GA 30328-3161. We are located in the LA Fitness Shopping Center at the corner of Roswell and Abernathy.

To make the most of your fitting please bring:

1. Your entire current golf bag if possible. Your old clubs play an essential part in analyzing your swing and creating a benchmark for your new clubs.

2. Golf or gym shoes, glove and comfortable clothes. You will be taking swings so please dress accordingly.

Once again I am looking forward to my fitting and trust me, CC and I will get er done!

Cleveland

Just letting you folks know I have not posted a review of my fitting because someone grabbed the spot out from under me for Saturday. I suppose it was a paying customer however have no fear I have a new appointment . Gawd forbid something else to come up so I can get this puppy in the books. My new scheduled appointment is:

Hi Bill

We look forward to a Marketing/PR Fit fitting with you on 4/16/2018 1:00 PM - 4/16/2018 3:30 PM at our Atlanta store, located at 6690 Roswell Rd Ste 540, Sandy Springs, GA 30328-3161. We are located in the LA Fitness Shopping Center at the corner of Roswell and Abernathy.

To make the most of your fitting please bring:

1. Your entire current golf bag if possible. Your old clubs play an essential part in analyzing your swing and creating a benchmark for your new clubs.

2. Golf or gym shoes, glove and comfortable clothes. You will be taking swings so please dress accordingly.

Once again I am looking forward to my fitting and trust me, CC and I will get er done!

I think you're going to enjoy it!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I'm sorry Bill, but just because you didn't pay for the fitting, they should not have cancelled your appointment because of another customer that was paying. The slot was full.

They offered the fitting as a prize, you won, as simple as that...leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm sorry Bill, but just because you didn't pay for the fitting, they should not have cancelled your appointment because of another customer that was paying. The slot was full.

They offered the fitting as a prize, you won, as simple as that...leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

We correspond by email and I'm thinking she did not read my email prior to someone calling in.

Cleveland

The payoff to this better live up to the hype, I wanna see you gain 50 yards of distance at this rate Ole Gray!  :D  ^_^

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

The payoff to this better live up to the hype, I wanna see you gain 50 yards of distance at this rate Ole Gray! :D ^_^

I'll take 10 more yards

Cleveland

I'll take 10 more yards

Personally, I'd be happy with 0 and a lot more fairways

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks Monday is my big day!  I'm looking forward to my first ever driver fitting!  I've been fit for irons on more than one occasion but never the big stick.   If I hit the ball like I did Thursday I will be embarrassed  :unsure:  however I guess those folks are use to hackers as well good players. 

Cleveland

Ok folks Monday is my big day! I'm looking forward to my first ever driver fitting! I've been fit for irons on more than one occasion but never the big stick. If I hit the ball like I did Thursday I will be embarrassed :unsure: however I guess those folks are use to hackers as well good players.

This has to be one of the most anticipated fittings in recent MGS history. Ha

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived