TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club Champion

My Club Champion Fitting on 4/16/2018

When I arrived today I was greeted with a warm welcome. Rob Anderson took care of my fitting session, who I later discovered was the Regional Sales Director / Master Fitter & Builder. 

I warmed up by hitting my Cobra F6 driver while Rob watched the action on the trackman. He smiled and said we can fit you into a driver where you will see more distance, better dispersion, etc.  He asked me if I wanted to pick out what drivers to hit or did I want him to fit me with what he thought would be right? I told him to go ahead and fit me with his experience. 

Drivers I hit today:

Callaway Roque

Taylormade M3 & M4

Titliest 917 D2

Cobra F8

Ping G400 Max

I hit several different shafts however I won't go into those that didn't make the cut. The ones that worked best for me were:

Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6S

Fujikura Vista Pro 65 S

I loved the Atmos shaft however the price tag was way up there and the Vista Pro was showing somewhat similar results and more in line with my budget.  What surprised me was although my club head speed is slower than a  cotton picker in August, my strong transition through the ball warranted a stiff shaft. I told Rob that's what my wife said last night. jk   ;)  Also he fit me in a 10.5 loft and I thought for sure it would be a 12 degree setup.  It's got something to do with the shaft/head combo that works really well for me. 

I hit the Callaway Roque well and it was definitely close, however the Ping G400 Max took the honors. It felt solid and the distance and dispersion were the best. I've loss a ton of club head speed due to some physical issues. Getting old ain't for sissies however if I can hit it down the fairway the majority of the time, this ole boy will be a happy camper. The G400 Max was making me smile like a young un at watermelon picking time.  :D

Note: Click on the pic below to enlarge

2018-04-16.png

I must say the folks at Club Champion are true professionals. Rob was very knowledgeable and made me comfortable the entire time.  I'm not the best ball striker these days and I was a bit nervous. With that said he had a way about him that calmed me down. In other words he is awesome at what he does. I would like to think Club Champion for this great twitter contest prize and I can truly say I've been fit by the best! I would highly recommend anyone in this region of the country to make an appointment with Rob or one of his staff. Excellent personal and customer oriented service. 

Oh and by the way, I saw my old friend Lefty78 (Don) there! Some of you old guys will know who I'm referring to.  :)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I arrived today I was greeted with a warm welcome. Rob Anderson took care of my fitting session, who I later discovered was the Regional Sales Director / Master Fitter & Builder.

I warmed up by hitting my Cobra F6 driver while Rob watched the action on the trackman. He smiled and said we can fit you into a driver where you will see more distance, better dispersion, etc. He asked me if I wanted to pick out what drivers to hit or did I want him to fit me with what he thought would be right? I told him to go ahead and fit me with his experience.

Drivers I hit today:

Callaway Roque

Taylormade M3 & M4

Titliest 917 D2

Cobra F8

Ping G400 Max

I hit several different shafts however I won't go into those that didn't make the cut. The ones that worked best for me were:

Fujikura Vista Pro 65 S

I loved the Atmos shaft however the price tag was way up there and the Vista Pro was showing somewhat similar results and more in line with my budget. What surprised me was although my club head speed is slower than a cotton picker in August, my strong transition through the ball warranted a stiff shaft. I told Rob that's what my wife said last night. jk ;) Also he fit me in a 10.5 loft and I thought for sure it would be a 12 degree setup. It's got something to do with the shaft/head combo that works really well for me.

I hit the Callaway Roque well and it was definitely close, however the Ping G400 Max took the honors. It felt solid and the distance and dispersion were the best. I've loss a ton of club head speed due to some physical issues. Getting old ain't for sissies however if I can hit it down the fairway the majority of the time, this ole boy will be a happy camper. The G400 Max was making me smile like a young un at watermelon picking time. :D

attachicon.gif2018-04-16.png

I must say the folks at Club Champion are true professionals. Rob was very knowledgeable and made me comfortable the entire time. I'm not the best ball striker these days and I was a bit nervous. With that said he had a way about him that calmed me down. In other words he is awesome at what he does. I would like to think Club Champion for this great twitter contest prize and I can truly say I've been fit by the best! I would highly recommend anyone in this region of the country to make an appointment with Rob or one of his staff. Excellent personal and customer oriented service.

Awesome OG. Most anticipated fitting of the year. I'm glad you had fun and found a club that works for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome OG. Most anticipated fitting of the year. I'm glad you had fun and found a club that works for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had a great time well except for my country arse trying to drive through that Atlanta traffic.  Those dayummm fools are crazy!   I looked like Jed Clampett in his old truck cruising up the road and these cars and big trucks blowing my doors off.  :blink:  

Cleveland

Awesome OG.  What were the numbers like with your F6?

Joe -- here are my warm up swings with the F6:

Click on pic to enlarge

2018-04-16 (1).png

Cleveland

5mph clubhead speed and 10 yards! Sounds like your sold OG!

Nice! A solid 10 yards

Can I get an Amen!?  :D

Cleveland

Glad you had some fun! Looks like the G400 Max will do you well. Very forgiving for sure! I couldn't be more happy with my G400... Unless it started going 400 yards right down the middle... But I've found more fairways with this thing than I have in years! And I'm not surprised with the 10.5* head. My 9* launches so high I had to set it down to 8*...and it's still way up there.

Make sure to keep us updated!

I warmed up by hitting my Cobra F6 driver while Rob watched the action on the trackman. He smiled and said we can fit you into a driver where you will see more distance, better dispersion, etc. He asked me if I wanted to pick out what drivers to hit or did I want him to fit me with what he thought would be right? I told him to go ahead and fit me with his experience.

Drivers I hit today:

Callaway Roque

Taylormade M3 & M4

Titliest 917 D2

Cobra F8

Ping G400 Max

Fujikura Vista Pro 65 S

I loved the Atmos shaft however the price tag was way up there and the Vista Pro was showing somewhat similar results and more in line with my budget. What surprised me was although my club head speed is slower than a cotton picker in August, my strong transition through the ball warranted a stiff shaft. I told Rob that's what my wife said last night. jk ;) Also he fit me in a 10.5 loft and I thought for sure it would be a 12 degree setup. It's got something to do with the shaft/head combo that works really well for me.

I hit the Callaway Roque well and it was definitely close, however the Ping G400 Max took the honors. It felt solid and the distance and dispersion were the best. I've loss a ton of club head speed due to some physical issues. Getting old ain't for sissies however if I can hit it down the fairway the majority of the time, this ole boy will be a happy camper. The G400 Max was making me smile like a young un at watermelon picking time. :D

I must say the folks at Club Champion are true professionals. Rob was very knowledgeable and made me comfortable the entire time. I'm not the best ball striker these days and I was a bit nervous. With that said he had a way about him that calmed me down. In other words he is awesome at what he does. I would like to think Club Champion for this great twitter contest prize and I can truly say I've been fit by the best! I would highly recommend anyone in this region of the country to make an appointment with Rob or one of his staff. Excellent personal and customer oriented service.

Oh and by the way, I saw my old friend Lefty78 (Don) there! Some of you old guys will know who I'm referring to. :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I had a great time well except for my country arse trying to drive through that Atlanta traffic.  Those dayummm fools are crazy!   I looked like Jed Clampett in his old truck cruising up the road and these cars and big trucks blowing my doors off.  :blink:  

Same here, hate driving down there.  Much to my surprise the other guy being fitted today was OG.  What are the chances of two golf buddies from opposite directions having appointments the same time and place?  It only made a great experience better. 

Matt was my fitter for irons.  He was very efficient, narrowing down the shaft options then experimenting with heads to come up with a recommendation. 

Using my old iron as a baseline on the Trackman, the new irons had incredibly better numbers.  The old irons are Mizuno JPX 850 forged with stiff, heavy shafts.  I'm getting too old to swing that much iron and was looking for help.

The shaft that was heads above any other for me was the Aerotech SteelFiber i85 reg flex, quiet a step from the stiff TT shafts of my Mizzies.

We started with the Titleist AP3 head and went through several, including some Callaway heads, and the latest Mizuno JPX forged.  I asked what he had in Taylormade, he came out with a P790 and first swing, contact was amazing, numbers were way above anything else, hit two more with it and ran back through the remaining candidates again ending on the P790.  Again, the feel and numbers was much better than the others.  According to Trackman, I will gain back a lot of the lost yardage of the last five years.  Can't wait to see how they play on green grass. 

Club Champion was recommended by a couple of golf buddies and I had a great experience.  The cost of fitting will probably save money in the long run from replacing misfitted irons.  If the clubs play with even a portion of the improvement shown on Trackman, I'll be one happy ole country boy. 

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Same here, hate driving down there.  Much to my surprise the other guy being fitted today was OG.  What are the chances of two golf buddies from opposite directions having appointments the same time and place?  It only made a great experience better. 

Matt was my fitter for irons.  He was very efficient, narrowing down the shaft options then experimenting with heads to come up with a recommendation. 

Using my old iron as a baseline on the Trackman, the new irons had incredibly better numbers.  The old irons are Mizuno JPX 850 forged with stiff, heavy shafts.  I'm getting too old to swing that much iron and was looking for help.

The shaft that was heads above any other for me was the Aerotech SteelFiber i85 reg flex, quiet a step from the stiff TT shafts of my Mizzies.

We started with the Titleist AP3 head and went through several, including some Callaway heads, and the latest Mizuno JPX forged.  I asked what he had in Taylormade, he came out with a P790 and first swing, contact was amazing, numbers were way above anything else, hit two more with it and ran back through the remaining candidates again ending on the P790.  Again, the feel and numbers was much better than the others.  According to Trackman, I will gain back a lot of the lost yardage of the last five years.  Can't wait to see how they play on green grass. 

Club Champion was recommended by a couple of golf buddies and I had a great experience.  The cost of fitting will probably save money in the long run from replacing misfitted irons.  If the clubs play with even a portion of the improvement shown on Trackman, I'll be one happy ole country boy. 

Man it's good to see you on here again and one hell of a great post fitting review!  Stick around and kick ya shoes off and hang around with us.   It was great to see you today bruther!

Cleveland

Drivers I hit today:

Callaway Roque

Taylormade M3 & M4

Titliest 917 D2

Cobra F8

Ping G400 Max

Fujikura Vista Pro 65 S

Oh and by the way, I saw my old friend Lefty78 (Don) there! Some of you old guys will know who I'm referring to. :)

Great job!! First the Steelheads now the driver, you're going to be the terror of Sleepy Hollow

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Great review OG.   Goes to show there is more than swing speed when picking a shaft flex.  I would have never guessed that we would have been fit for similar shafts;  I was fit for the Vista Pro 55 Stiff.  Guess the heavier shaft was because of your aggressive transition.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Is that you in the third lane from the left?

atlanta traffic.jpg

Cleveland

Great review OG.   Goes to show there is more than swing speed when picking a shaft flex.  I would have never guessed that we would have been fit for similar shafts;  I was fit for the Vista Pro 55 Stiff.  Guess the heavier shaft was because of your aggressive transition.   

That is so cool and now we can be called the shaft brothers!   Yep he mentioned that exact thing about my transition. I'm a pretty big old fellow however I don't have enough flexibility to make a good shoulder turn to pick up speed on the way down.  I kind of punch it out there. 

Cleveland

Is that you in the third lane from the left?

attachicon.gifatlanta traffic.jpg

Yeah, with one eye closed, holding my breath, and white knuckles.    I got on 400 and went due north to Dawsonville, then got off and drove through the woods the rest of the way.  It was a pretty nice drive coming down through the horse farms, pretty area.  (Until I got into those maniacs near Atl running about 90 mph.) 

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Matt Saternus......Didn't he used to be an MGS guy?

Yes! Went off and started "PIG" = Plugged In Golf; does some really nice reviews .. concise and well-written. Also has a really good series on course management, too.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Nice work OG, certainly shows the benefits of fitting.

You're 10 years older than when you started this thread, but gained 10 yards, got to be happy with that.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Sounds like a good day! Hit anything other than driver?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nice work OG, certainly shows the benefits of fitting.

You're 10 years older than when you started this thread, but gained 10 yards, got to be happy with that.

ha ha you and Jlukes are from the same cabbage patch  ;)

Sounds like a good day! Hit anything other than driver?

No sir I did not because I've never been a fairway wood man and I love my current hybrids plus I've been dealing with a sore wrist lately.   I'm supposed to play golf tomorrow so this old dude had enough swinging.  :D  My main goal was to find a driver that I could bag for a long time .  I feel really good about this setup so now I have to come up with a plan to get it done. 

Cleveland

Drivers I hit today:

Callaway Roque

Taylormade M3 & M4

Titliest 917 D2

Cobra F8

Ping G400 Max

Fujikura Vista Pro 65 S

Same here, hate driving down there. Much to my surprise the other guy being fitted today was OG. What are the chances of two golf buddies from opposite directions having appointments the same time and place? It only made a great experience better.

Matt was my fitter for irons. He was very efficient, narrowing down the shaft options then experimenting with heads to come up with a recommendation.

Using my old iron as a baseline on the Trackman, the new irons had incredibly better numbers. The old irons are Mizuno JPX 850 forged with stiff, heavy shafts. I'm getting too old to swing that much iron and was looking for help.

We started with the Titleist AP3 head and went through several, including some Callaway heads, and the latest Mizuno JPX forged. I asked what he had in Taylormade, he came out with a P790 and first swing, contact was amazing, numbers were way above anything else, hit two more with it and ran back through the remaining candidates again ending on the P790. Again, the feel and numbers was much better than the others. According to Trackman, I will gain back a lot of the lost yardage of the last five years. Can't wait to see how they play on green grass.

Club Champion was recommended by a couple of golf buddies and I had a great experience. The cost of fitting will probably save money in the long run from replacing misfitted irons. If the clubs play with even a portion of the improvement shown on Trackman, I'll be one happy ole country boy.

How's the song go...."Just good ole boys, never meanin no harm!"

Nice fitting boys. OG. Glad to see you pick up some of that lost distance and swing speed.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

How's the song go...."Just good ole boys, never meanin no harm!"

That be us cuz!  I hadn't seen Left78 in a coon's age and  I saw this big tall dude looking at something and I thought to myself, heck that sure looks like Don.  I said hey Lefty and he looked up grinning like a possum on a persimmon tree.  It was a good day!

Cleveland

That's awesome OG!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Drivers I hit today:

Callaway Roque

Taylormade M3 & M4

Titliest 917 D2

Cobra F8

Ping G400 Max

Fujikura Vista Pro 65 S

2018-04-16.png

Great to hear you got a driver that really fits your swing! How much of a change is it from your current one in terms of distance and accuracy ?

Ah never mind.

Saw you answered it later in the thread..

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Can I get an Amen!? :D

Amen!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Great day buddy! Seeing Don was icing on the cake too. 1/2 of the old coots from way back...

Thanks pal!   It was a cool reunion for sure.   Don got fit for irons that will take care of him for a long time and I had my first ever driver fitting.  Man what a revelation!

Cleveland

Thanks pal! It was a cool reunion for sure. Don got fit for irons that will take care of him for a long time and I had my first ever driver fitting. Man what a revelation!

I'm still surprised at the 80 swing speed and stiff shaft. Everything I've been told was opposite, should be old fart or regular. Information & Technology have arrived!

Good luck Bro!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I'm still surprised at the 80 swing speed and stiff shaft. Everything I've been told was opposite, should be old fart or regular. Information & Technology have arrived!

Good luck Bro!!

I was surprised too however the numbers don't lie.  If I had a Sam Snead smooth swing I would be gaming a regular for sure however my downswing is more like karate kid.  By the way, it was 85 average not 80.  :D  If you compare my numbers on the G400 stats I posted and the numbers on the MGS for slow swingers you will be surprised.  Getting fitted ain't no joke!

Cleveland

Archived