TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club Champion

I was surprised too however the numbers don't lie. If I had a Sam Snead smooth swing I would be gaming a regular for sure however my downswing is more like karate kid. By the way, it was 85 average not 80. :D If you compare my numbers on the G400 stats I posted and the numbers on the MGS for slow swingers you will be surprised. Getting fitted ain't no joke!

Yeah man. A true fitting dispells all sorts of myths. Really excited about my upcoming one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah man. A true fitting dispells all sorts of myths. Really excited about my upcoming one.

I'm happy for ya Rob as it truly helps you maximize your potential with equipment fitted for your swing. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

OG - glad you FINALLY were able to go! Sounds like it was waaaay worth the hassle of the drive!

Hope you .. score :-) .. with that hot new setup!

And all this talk reminds me to schedule a time to go in to the CC near me for a check-up / tune-up on the irons I got there last year.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

There are club fittings and then club fittings. From my humble opinion the Club Champion is the real deal.

I've had 2. The first was a joke and a mess. The second was s little better but still not great. I'm looking at going for a third this summer but I'm doing a lot more research. I still think they put me in senior shafts too soon. I've hit friends regular shaft clubs and been surprised at how well I hit them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

OG - glad you FINALLY were able to go! Sounds like it was waaaay worth the hassle of the drive!

Hope you .. score :-) .. with that hot new setup!

And all this talk reminds me to schedule a time to go in to the CC near me for a check-up / tune-up on the irons I got there last year.

Thanks buddy! Yea I'm a happy camper to say the least 🏌️⛳️

Cleveland

There are club fittings and then club fittings. From my humble opinion the Club Champion is the real deal.

I've had 2. The first was a joke and a mess. The second was s little better but still not great. I'm looking at going for a third this summer but I'm doing a lot more research. I still think they put me in senior shafts too soon. I've hit friends regular shaft clubs and been surprised at how well I hit them.

Were both of your previous club fittings at Club Champion?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Were both of your previous club fittings at Club Champion?

No, local Golf Stores that “claimed” to do professional fitting.

I never heard of Club Champion until this thread. I've learned a lot in the year I've been on MGS.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Good on you OG.. I bet your happier than a pit bull on a pork chop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Good on you OG.. I bet your happier than a pit bull on a pork chop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Preach it bruther!

Cleveland

OG, did they give you an ETA on when you would get your driver? Just wondering if you walked out of CC with the head and you are just waiting on the shaft from the bay?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

OG, did they give you an ETA on when you would get your driver? Just wondering if you walked out of CC with the head and you are just waiting on the shaft from the bay?

I was going to purchase it at Club Champion however Dick's had a Veterans coupon (Ping for Military ) for $30.00. Plus I had some stuff to trade in so I already have the club. I ordered the custom shaft and it should arrive soon. I hit the G400 Max yesterday and let me tell, that Dawg will HUNT! And that's with the stock shaft.

Cleveland

I was going to purchase it at Club Champion however Dick's had a Veterans coupon (Ping for Military ) for $30.00. Plus I had some stuff to trade in so I already have the club. I ordered the custom shaft and it should arrive soon. I hit the G400 Max yesterday and let me tell, that Dawg will HUNT! And that's with the stock shaft.

Congrats :) Just wondering how long they (Ping) take since my local shop couldn't give me an ETA other than "up to 2 weeks." I want my new toys already!

It's a fantastic driver for sure. Can't wait until you get your shaft to put in it.

Congrats :) Just wondering how long they (Ping) take since my local shop couldn't give me an ETA other than "up to 2 weeks." I want my new toys already!

I'm looking forward to your take.  If you receive the same reaction I did, you will be blown away.   I'm so glad I had a driver fitting and got to hit all the heads with different shafts.  It was magic for me. 

Cleveland

I'm looking forward to your take. If you receive the same reaction I did, you will be blown away. I'm so glad I had a driver fitting and got to hit all the heads with different shafts. It was magic for me.

My fitter doesn't have the G400 max so I'm SoL, it's the only shop I know of that has multiple aftermarket shafts on island.

I hit it at a demo day and while they didn't have a trackman, I'm less concerned about a few RPMs nowdays. I was super "into" it at the beginning of my return to golf but now that I'm playing at least 9 holes every week, I know what works for me on course, and that's what is important. I liked what I saw at the range, hopefully it does the same on course.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not directly related to OG's quest, but had a fitting at a Club Champion near me this afternoon. Second time I've been there, and second fitter I've worked with, but both experiences were excellent and well worth it and both fitters were really nice guys .. polite, helpful, encouraging, patient and happy to answer questions.

If all their locations are anything like this one then I can safely recommend them!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Not directly related to OG's quest, but had a fitting at a Club Champion near me this afternoon. Second time I've been there, and second fitter I've worked with, but both experiences were excellent and well worth it and both fitters were really nice guys .. polite, helpful, encouraging, patient and happy to answer questions.

If all their locations are anything like this one then I can safely recommend them!

That's great news and yep CC is a first class joint!

Cleveland

Not to be the debbie-downer of the thread, but I had a crummy experience at the CC that recently opened in my neck of the woods back in February. It kicked off terribly rough, the fitter was running late so I was left sitting twiddling my thumbs for 30 minutes, he then totally forgot I was a lefty and had to then spend another 10 mins getting it all reset. Once we got going it was normal, hit-check the #s-hit again routine, going just fine, until...the phone rang while I was trying out the second shaft of the afternoon. From there on out he played secretary taking every call booking new future appointments with other customers all while trying to conduct my fitting at the same time. He took at least 4x 5+ minute calls and talked for one walk-in person all while I was in the bay trying to focus. Whenever I tried to ask a question he would just give me a one-word answer and turn his attention back to the phone. It was crazy distracting/annoying. After the fitting time was up he gave me a print out of what he recommended then put on a super hard sell on for 5 minutes or so before the phone rang again. I couldn't even get his attention again to shake his hand so I just walked out. The cherry on top was that he forgot to send me all the trackman data so I had to email him to get him to do that. In the end it was a waste of my time and $. 

Coming back to edit in the happy ending to the story: After speaking with an employee of another local golf shop about my experience at CC, they offered to give me a heavily discounted fitting to confirm what was recommended to me was indeed the best fit. In the end, the club model, Apex Pros were the same as CC's pick, but the shafts were nowhere near being close to the best option. Maybe the guy at CC was just having a really off day when I was there, but if someone is spending good money to get hard data before making a big purchase on clubs you should be giving all your attention to that one customer, not doing your office work at the same time. 

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

Not a downer post. I am sure some locations are better than others and people have bad days. Great feedback on your experience and I would agree that you didn't get the proper attention.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Might have been worth it to reach out to the manager and share your experience.... especially since they are new in town and word of mouth is huge in their business.

Cool of the other place to offer that deal to you.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Might have been worth it to reach out to the manager and share your experience.... especially since they are new in town and word of mouth is huge in their business.

Yea I would definitely touch base with management to let them know that sort of thing is not acceptable.  Most likely they would offer you another service with a different fitter. 

Cleveland

Unfortunately the guy doing my fitting was the manager of the location. I did plan on giving him some honest feedback on how I felt about it all when he called to follow up on the fitting like he said he would, but that call never happened either. It was soon after that I got the offer from the other shop up the road and that experience was so much better that I didn't want to waste more time with CC. 

And yes, it was super nice the other shop made that offer. In the end, they are the ones who benefited from word of mouth as I had two other buddies who were looking to get fit for the first time earlier this month and I sent them there. 

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

I've had a couple "JV" fittings and they give me all the warm and fuzzies but I've had enough and booked a fitting at CC in Houston for next Tuesday morning. I hope to find a shaft that works with my M2 but willing to look at other setups. The Wilson C300 spin numbers look enticing as do the G400 ball speed numbers from the MGS driver test. I'm hoping to find something that eliminates the pull/hard draw and can better my smash factor/ball speed numbers

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I've had a couple "JV" fittings and they give me all the warm and fuzzies but I've had enough and booked a fitting at CC in Houston for next Tuesday morning. I hope to find a shaft that works with my M2 but willing to look at other setups. The Wilson C300 spin numbers look enticing as do the G400 ball speed numbers from the MGS driver test. I'm hoping to find something that eliminates the pull/hard draw and can better my smash factor/ball speed numbers

If you are in Houston I would check out Impact Precision Golf. They are very talented and they added 22 yards to my driver and I have seen them do the same for two others. Great guys and top notch fitters. I am not affiliated with them in any way but I have gladly driven 2 hours + to get there for a fitting.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

If you are in Houston I would check out Impact Precision Golf. They are very talented and they added 22 yards to my driver and I have seen them do the same for two others. Great guys and top notch fitters. I am not affiliated with them in any way but I have gladly driven 2 hours + to get there for a fitting.

I've never heard of them. Can you give me some additional insight as far as club and shaft options they have available and the fitting process that lead you see that big of a distance gain? They're pricing and concept is the same, but now I'm curious.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Not to be the debbie-downer of the thread, but I had a crummy experience at the CC that recently opened in my neck of the woods back in February. It kicked off terribly rough, the fitter was running late so I was left sitting twiddling my thumbs for 30 minutes, he then totally forgot I was a lefty and had to then spend another 10 mins getting it all reset. Once we got going it was normal, hit-check the #s-hit again routine, going just fine, until...the phone rang while I was trying out the second shaft of the afternoon. From there on out he played secretary taking every call booking new future appointments with other customers all while trying to conduct my fitting at the same time. He took at least 4x 5+ minute calls and talked for one walk-in person all while I was in the bay trying to focus. Whenever I tried to ask a question he would just give me a one-word answer and turn his attention back to the phone. It was crazy distracting/annoying. After the fitting time was up he gave me a print out of what he recommended then put on a super hard sell on for 5 minutes or so before the phone rang again. I couldn't even get his attention again to shake his hand so I just walked out. The cherry on top was that he forgot to send me all the trackman data so I had to email him to get him to do that. In the end it was a waste of my time and $.

Coming back to edit in the happy ending to the story: After speaking with an employee of another local golf shop about my experience at CC, they offered to give me a heavily discounted fitting to confirm what was recommended to me was indeed the best fit. In the end, the club model, Apex Pros were the same as CC's pick, but the shafts were nowhere near being close to the best option. Maybe the guy at CC was just having a really off day when I was there, but if someone is spending good money to get hard data before making a big purchase on clubs you should be giving all your attention to that one customer, not doing your office work at the same time.

That's unfortunate.... That was ridiculously UN-professional and, yeah, a waste of your time and $$. Too bad, but glad it worked out so well for you at that other shop!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Yeah, that is complete unacceptable for the amount they charge for a fitting.  it's not cheap so you are right to expect undivided attention  the entire time.  Both times I've been fit at CC they had at least two people there, one to answer the phones etc while the other was doing fittings.

I would reach out to the corporate office with your feedback, sounds like some changes need to be made at that store. 

My buddy had a terrible experience at the club champion after his fitting in Boston. They told him he could drop off the club components and they'd assemble them. Well he did and 3 weeks later they hadn't put them together (it was just one driver and one hybrid). It took him contacting their HQ to get them done.

My buddy had a terrible experience at the club champion after his fitting in Boston. They told him he could drop off the club components and they'd assemble them. Well he did and 3 weeks later they hadn't put them together (it was just one driver and one hybrid). It took him contacting their HQ to get them done.

Huh. Didn't realize it's so hit-or-miss at each location; kinda .. "assumed" .. they'd be more standardized - especially with respect to customer service!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Archived