TESTERS WANTED! ×

Club Champion

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never heard of them. Can you give me some additional insight as far as club and shaft options they have available and the fitting process that lead you see that big of a distance gain? They're pricing and concept is the same, but now I'm curious.

They work with long drive golfers and have any head or shaft that you can think of. Very nice operation and they are completely brand agnostic. My gains were with my G400 driver. Changed from a Ping Tour 65S to an ATTAS Punch 6S. Major Bell did my fitting and I was very impressed.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I've pretty much mentally moved on from it all, but maybe I should circle back to the issue with them when I have an extra few minutes to call up their hq. 

Yeah, that is complete unacceptable for the amount they charge for a fitting.  it's not cheap so you are right to expect undivided attention  the entire time.  Both times I've been fit at CC they had at least two people there, one to answer the phones etc while the other was doing fittings.

I would reach out to the corporate office with your feedback, sounds like some changes need to be made at that store. 

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

Have an iron fitting scheduled for this morning! Looking forward to seeing the results and to see how the iron fitting stacks up to the driver fitting I had back in March. Wish me luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

Have an iron fitting scheduled for this morning! Looking forward to seeing the results and to see how the iron fitting stacks up to the driver fitting I had back in March. Wish me luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Good luck Kegger! Looking forward to hearing the results and then how they do out there on the links!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

So I don't have any of the files from the fitting yet, but the results of the fitting were: Taylormade P790 (0.5° upright) in Aerotech SteelFiber i110 shafts. I also hit Ping i200, Callaway Rogue Pro, Titleist AP3, and Srixon z565 in a range of different shafts from Nippon, KBS, and Aerotech.

The interesting thing for me was the lie angle. My previous set were 2° flat (actual measured lie angles were between 1.5 - 2.0° flatter than standard lie for the P790) and up until today, I had always been fit flat. But after being put into an upright head, my ball flight straitened out, my smash increased, and overall, it just felt more solid. Another thing worth noting was my backspin.. I have never considered myself a high spin player, but Trackman says otherwise! I saw a lot of spin rates above 7k with my 6i (maybe that's where my distance has gone!). We didn't get the spin down as much as I would have liked to see, so I'll need to keep working on that.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

So I don't have any of the files from the fitting yet, but the results of the fitting were: Taylormade P790 (0.5° upright) in Aerotech SteelFiber i110 shafts. I also hit Ping i200, Callaway Rogue Pro, Titleist AP3, and Srixon z565 in a range of different shafts from Nippon, KBS, and Aerotech.

The interesting thing for me was the lie angle. My previous set were 2° flat (actual measured lie angles were between 1.5 - 2.0° flatter than standard lie for the P790) and up until today, I had always been fit flat. But after being put into an upright head, my ball flight straitened out, my smash increased, and overall, it just felt more solid. Another thing worth noting was my backspin.. I have never considered myself a high spin player, but Trackman says otherwise! I saw a lot of spin rates above 7k with my 6i (maybe that's where my distance has gone!). We didn't get the spin down as much as I would have liked to see, so I'll need to keep working on that.

I hope you see the same results as I did on the course. I hit my new club even better on green grass which tells the real story. Good on you for getting fit!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

That just shows you what a correct fitting will do for you. Always made me wonder, especially as a lefty, if I ever got fitted correctly. I have enough issues with the Indian, let along worrying about the arrows. Sounds like a quality fitting!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I hope you see the same results as I did on the course. I hit my new club even better on green grass which tells the real story. Good on you for getting fit!

All good stuff. Next club/clubs I get I will go to a decent club fitter. I still feel that something isn't quite right with my iron setup.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

All good stuff. Next club/clubs I get I will go to a decent club fitter. I still feel that something isn't quite right with my iron setup.

I finally got use to my correct fitting with my Steelheads and LOVE em! I've never hit any set of irons better. Sweet is an understatement and they're LONG!!!

Cleveland

I finally got use to my correct fitting with my Steelheads and LOVE em! I've never hit any set of irons better. Sweet is an understatement and they're LONG!!!

What shaft setup do you have now with the Steely's?

Rick

Left Hand, 

What shaft setup do you have now with the Steely's?

True Temper XP95 steel shafts in regular flex. I thought they were hurting my wrists and now I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the mouse I was using on my laptop. I bought a new fancy mouse and my wrist pain has diminished. Blame it on the golf clubs huh

Cleveland

That may be next on my wish list too. As I develop, I can sure see a time in the near future where I'll outgrow my "Game Improvement" irons and wedges. That oughta be exciting-the iBlades look super sweet and I'd love me a Glide 2.0 wedge or three... ;) 

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

True Temper XP95 steel shafts in regular flex. I thought they were hurting my wrists and now I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the mouse I was using on my laptop. I bought a new fancy mouse and my wrist pain has diminished. Blame it on the golf clubs huh

Huh, who knew a computer injury. I'm thinking that steel in regular is the direction I may want to look at. A golf instructor a short while back did not want me to go to graphite maybe he knew something.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Huh, who knew a computer injury. I'm thinking that steel in regular is the direction I may want to look at. A golf instructor a short while back did not want me to go to graphite maybe he knew something.

m

I'm thinking you will be surprised with the XP95 shafts. Great trajectory and smooth as ya old Ladies butt

Cleveland

Huh, who knew a computer injury

6000 posts will do that too you.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6000 posts will do that too you.

Dayuuummmmm who has 6000 posts!

Cleveland

How much longer did you get per club ? 

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

How much longer did you get per club ?

MDGolfHacker

1/2 inch longer and 2 degrees up

Sometimes I look up and think to myself, was that you who just hit that beautiful shot. I'm going low this year. If I can get that short game working this is going to be fun!

Cleveland

Dayuuummmmm who has 6000 posts!

I think it is some old retired guy who posts a lot on here and plays golf when he isn't doing that.   Can't be much time for anything else.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That may be next on my wish list too. As I develop, I can sure see a time in the near future where I'll outgrow my "Game Improvement" irons and wedges. That oughta be exciting-the iBlades look super sweet and I'd love me a Glide 2.0 wedge or three... ;)

Just looked up where the nearest Club Champion is from me and that'd be Salt Lake...a 5-hr drive one-way...! Hmmm, con War Dept. to load up the kids, hit the water park, grab some In-N-Out burgers and maybe disappear for a fitting...Hmmmm..... B) 

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I think it is some old retired guy who posts a lot on here and plays golf when he isn't doing that. Can't be much time for anything else.

Shhhhhh don't tell anybody . They might want to change ya forum name to Shankster Jr or something.

Cleveland

1/2 inch longer and 2 degrees up

Sometimes I look up and think to myself, was that you who just hit that beautiful shot. I'm going low this year. If I can get that short game working this is going to be fun!

uh...meant distance wise on the clubs :D so 1/2 longer...hmm...does that mean you were leaning over more and that forced you to be more upright which then forced you to go 2 degrees up ?  Just wondering...

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

uh...meant distance wise on the clubs :D so 1/2 longer...hmm...does that mean you were leaning over more and that forced you to be more upright which then forced you to go 2 degrees up ? Just wondering...

MDGolfHacker

I'd say these irons are at least 5 yards longer. I'm reaching past the pins now where as I was always coming up short.

Cleveland

uh...meant distance wise on the clubs :D so 1/2 longer...hmm...does that mean you were leaning over more and that forced you to be more upright which then forced you to go 2 degrees up ? Just wondering...

MDGolfHacker

Hmm, good question.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I think it is some old retired guy who posts a lot on here and plays golf when he isn't doing that. Can't be much time for anything else.

I guess it's better to post here than some “adult site”

Rick

Left Hand, 

Update on my fitting at Club Champion in Sandy Springs.  It has been over two weeks and the clubs are still not here.  

When I was fitted and decided to order the clubs from them, I knew it would be a premium price and expected premium service.  I was told they would be delivered to my door was billed and paid in full with my card.  Was told they would be at my door in 7 to 10 work days. 

Last Thursday, I got the email from Club Champion that the clubs were shipped and would be delivered next day.  Checked the tracking number, the clubs were being delivered to the store, not to my home.  I emailed the store and was told that I should have paid a shipping fee???  No one mentioned a shipping fee, the clubs were shipped to the store instead of my home.  How much sense does that make? 

The email which I received Friday said I should call them and give a cc number for the shipping.  If it hadn't been so late, I would have drove the two hours to the store and picked them up then.  Instead, I gave the credit card number and was charged $21 and assured the clubs would go out Saturday morning.  Now, Tuesday, I contacted them, no clubs still, they told me the clubs were still in the store but would be shipped this evening??? 

The fitting was good, I think, won't know until I hit the clubs.  My advice now, is get the cub fitting but save a heap of money and trouble by getting the clubs somewhere else.  

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Update on my fitting at Club Champion in Sandy Springs. It has been over two weeks and the clubs are still not here.

When I was fitted and decided to order the clubs from them, I knew it would be a premium price and expected premium service. I was told they would be delivered to my door was billed and paid in full with my card. Was told they would be at my door in 7 to 10 work days.

Last Thursday, I got the email from Club Champion that the clubs were shipped and would be delivered next day. Checked the tracking number, the clubs were being delivered to the store, not to my home. I emailed the store and was told that I should have paid a shipping fee??? No one mentioned a shipping fee, the clubs were shipped to the store instead of my home. How much sense does that make?

The email which I received Friday said I should call them and give a cc number for the shipping. If it hadn't been so late, I would have drove the two hours to the store and picked them up then. Instead, I gave the credit card number and was charged $21 and assured the clubs would go out Saturday morning. Now, Tuesday, I contacted them, no clubs still, they told me the clubs were still in the store but would be shipped this evening???

The fitting was good, I think, won't know until I hit the clubs. My advice now, is get the cub fitting but save a heap of money and trouble by getting the clubs somewhere else.

That's what I decided to do. Buy else where. Sounds like you got some crappy customer service

Cleveland

Update on my experiences with Club Champion.

Finally, I received the irons about a week ago.  They were beautifully built and safely shipped.  Taylormade P-790 heads with Aerotech i80 shafts 1/2" longer than standard.  PW through 4.  They are sweet hitting, especially the long irons.  Just a little tweaking required now.  Instead of taking them back to Sandy Springs, I took the P, 9, and 8 to a local guy, yesterday, who is really good and had the lie adjusted two degrees flatter.  That move seemed to be spot on today as the flight went from a hard draw, the past week, to dead straight today.  The longer irons may need a little flattening, the jury is still out on that, maybe one degree.  I don't mind a little draw on the 4 through 7 irons.  A bigger problem is the gaps, I haven't played them enough to confirm the first impression that there is a huge gap between the 8 and the 7.   

Oh, and I stand by my opinion, get fitted at Club Champion, buy elsewhere.  Besides the shipping fiasco, I changed my mind on grips and notified them the day after the fitting.  They charged me a little bit for that change but the grips weren't changed.  Matt did offer to change them for me or to send me some grips to change myself ( I do my own grips).  I declined his offer to evaluate these grips and maybe try something totally different in the future.

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Archived