ole gray

Club Champion

Nice work OG, certainly shows the benefits of fitting.

You're 10 years older than when you started this thread, but gained 10 yards, got to be happy with that.

ha ha you and Jlukes are from the same cabbage patch  ;)

Sounds like a good day! Hit anything other than driver?

No sir I did not because I've never been a fairway wood man and I love my current hybrids plus I've been dealing with a sore wrist lately.   I'm supposed to play golf tomorrow so this old dude had enough swinging.  :D  My main goal was to find a driver that I could bag for a long time .  I feel really good about this setup so now I have to come up with a plan to get it done. 

• Like 2

My Club Champion Fitting on 4/16/2018

When I arrived today I was greeted with a warm welcome. Rob Anderson took care of my fitting session, who I later discovered was the Regional Sales Director / Master Fitter & Builder.

I warmed up by hitting my Cobra F6 driver while Rob watched the action on the trackman. He smiled and said we can fit you into a driver where you will see more distance, better dispersion, etc. He asked me if I wanted to pick out what drivers to hit or did I want him to fit me with what he thought would be right? I told him to go ahead and fit me with his experience.

Drivers I hit today:

Callaway Roque

Taylormade M3 & M4

Titliest 917 D2

Cobra F8

Ping G400 Max

I hit several different shafts however I won't go into those that didn't make the cut. The ones that worked best for me were:

Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6S

Fujikura Vista Pro 65 S

I loved the Atmos shaft however the price tag was way up there and the Vista Pro was showing somewhat similar results and more in line with my budget. What surprised me was although my club head speed is slower than a cotton picker in August, my strong transition through the ball warranted a stiff shaft. I told Rob that's what my wife said last night. jk ;) Also he fit me in a 10.5 loft and I thought for sure it would be a 12 degree setup. It's got something to do with the shaft/head combo that works really well for me.

I hit the Callaway Roque well and it was definitely close, however the Ping G400 Max took the honors. It felt solid and the distance and dispersion were the best. I've loss a ton of club head speed due to some physical issues. Getting old ain't for sissies however if I can hit it down the fairway the majority of the time, this ole boy will be a happy camper. The G400 Max was making me smile like a young un at watermelon picking time. :D

Note: Click on the pic below to enlarge

attachicon.gif2018-04-16.png

I must say the folks at Club Champion are true professionals. Rob was very knowledgeable and made me comfortable the entire time. I'm not the best ball striker these days and I was a bit nervous. With that said he had a way about him that calmed me down. In other words he is awesome at what he does. I would like to think Club Champion for this great twitter contest prize and I can truly say I've been fit by the best! I would highly recommend anyone in this region of the country to make an appointment with Rob or one of his staff. Excellent personal and customer oriented service.

Oh and by the way, I saw my old friend Lefty78 (Don) there! Some of you old guys will know who I'm referring to. :)

Same here, hate driving down there. Much to my surprise the other guy being fitted today was OG. What are the chances of two golf buddies from opposite directions having appointments the same time and place? It only made a great experience better.

Matt was my fitter for irons. He was very efficient, narrowing down the shaft options then experimenting with heads to come up with a recommendation.

Using my old iron as a baseline on the Trackman, the new irons had incredibly better numbers. The old irons are Mizuno JPX 850 forged with stiff, heavy shafts. I'm getting too old to swing that much iron and was looking for help.

The shaft that was heads above any other for me was the Aerotech SteelFiber i85 reg flex, quiet a step from the stiff TT shafts of my Mizzies.

We started with the Titleist AP3 head and went through several, including some Callaway heads, and the latest Mizuno JPX forged. I asked what he had in Taylormade, he came out with a P790 and first swing, contact was amazing, numbers were way above anything else, hit two more with it and ran back through the remaining candidates again ending on the P790. Again, the feel and numbers was much better than the others. According to Trackman, I will gain back a lot of the lost yardage of the last five years. Can't wait to see how they play on green grass.

Club Champion was recommended by a couple of golf buddies and I had a great experience. The cost of fitting will probably save money in the long run from replacing misfitted irons. If the clubs play with even a portion of the improvement shown on Trackman, I'll be one happy ole country boy.

How's the song go...."Just good ole boys, never meanin no harm!"

Nice fitting boys. OG. Glad to see you pick up some of that lost distance and swing speed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

How's the song go...."Just good ole boys, never meanin no harm!"

That be us cuz!  I hadn't seen Left78 in a coon's age and  I saw this big tall dude looking at something and I thought to myself, heck that sure looks like Don.  I said hey Lefty and he looked up grinning like a possum on a persimmon tree.  It was a good day!

• Like 7

My Club Champion Fitting on 4/16/2018

When I arrived today I was greeted with a warm welcome. Rob Anderson took care of my fitting session, who I later discovered was the Regional Sales Director / Master Fitter & Builder.

I warmed up by hitting my Cobra F6 driver while Rob watched the action on the trackman. He smiled and said we can fit you into a driver where you will see more distance, better dispersion, etc. He asked me if I wanted to pick out what drivers to hit or did I want him to fit me with what he thought would be right? I told him to go ahead and fit me with his experience.

Drivers I hit today:

Callaway Roque

Taylormade M3 & M4

Titliest 917 D2

Cobra F8

Ping G400 Max

I hit several different shafts however I won't go into those that didn't make the cut. The ones that worked best for me were:

Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6S

Fujikura Vista Pro 65 S

I loved the Atmos shaft however the price tag was way up there and the Vista Pro was showing somewhat similar results and more in line with my budget. What surprised me was although my club head speed is slower than a cotton picker in August, my strong transition through the ball warranted a stiff shaft. I told Rob that's what my wife said last night. jk ;) Also he fit me in a 10.5 loft and I thought for sure it would be a 12 degree setup. It's got something to do with the shaft/head combo that works really well for me.

I hit the Callaway Roque well and it was definitely close, however the Ping G400 Max took the honors. It felt solid and the distance and dispersion were the best. I've loss a ton of club head speed due to some physical issues. Getting old ain't for sissies however if I can hit it down the fairway the majority of the time, this ole boy will be a happy camper. The G400 Max was making me smile like a young un at watermelon picking time. :D

Note: Click on the pic below to enlarge

2018-04-16.png

I must say the folks at Club Champion are true professionals. Rob was very knowledgeable and made me comfortable the entire time. I'm not the best ball striker these days and I was a bit nervous. With that said he had a way about him that calmed me down. In other words he is awesome at what he does. I would like to think Club Champion for this great twitter contest prize and I can truly say I've been fit by the best! I would highly recommend anyone in this region of the country to make an appointment with Rob or one of his staff. Excellent personal and customer oriented service.

Oh and by the way, I saw my old friend Lefty78 (Don) there! Some of you old guys will know who I'm referring to. :)

Great to hear you got a driver that really fits your swing! How much of a change is it from your current one in terms of distance and accuracy ?

Ah never mind.

Saw you answered it later in the thread..

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Great day buddy! Seeing Don was icing on the cake too. 1/2 of the old coots from way back...

• Like 2

Great day buddy! Seeing Don was icing on the cake too. 1/2 of the old coots from way back...

Thanks pal!   It was a cool reunion for sure.   Don got fit for irons that will take care of him for a long time and I had my first ever driver fitting.  Man what a revelation!

• Like 3

Thanks pal! It was a cool reunion for sure. Don got fit for irons that will take care of him for a long time and I had my first ever driver fitting. Man what a revelation!

I'm still surprised at the 80 swing speed and stiff shaft. Everything I've been told was opposite, should be old fart or regular. Information & Technology have arrived!

Good luck Bro!!

• Like 1

I'm still surprised at the 80 swing speed and stiff shaft. Everything I've been told was opposite, should be old fart or regular. Information & Technology have arrived!

Good luck Bro!!

I was surprised too however the numbers don't lie.  If I had a Sam Snead smooth swing I would be gaming a regular for sure however my downswing is more like karate kid.  By the way, it was 85 average not 80.  :D  If you compare my numbers on the G400 stats I posted and the numbers on the MGS for slow swingers you will be surprised.  Getting fitted ain't no joke!

• Like 4

I was surprised too however the numbers don't lie. If I had a Sam Snead smooth swing I would be gaming a regular for sure however my downswing is more like karate kid. By the way, it was 85 average not 80. :D If you compare my numbers on the G400 stats I posted and the numbers on the MGS for slow swingers you will be surprised. Getting fitted ain't no joke!

Yeah man. A true fitting dispells all sorts of myths. Really excited about my upcoming one.

• Like 5

Yeah man. A true fitting dispells all sorts of myths. Really excited about my upcoming one.

I'm happy for ya Rob as it truly helps you maximize your potential with equipment fitted for your swing. 

• Like 2

OG - glad you FINALLY were able to go! Sounds like it was waaaay worth the hassle of the drive!

Hope you .. score :-) .. with that hot new setup!

And all this talk reminds me to schedule a time to go in to the CC near me for a check-up / tune-up on the irons I got there last year.

• Like 3

There are club fittings and then club fittings. From my humble opinion the Club Champion is the real deal.

I've had 2. The first was a joke and a mess. The second was s little better but still not great. I'm looking at going for a third this summer but I'm doing a lot more research. I still think they put me in senior shafts too soon. I've hit friends regular shaft clubs and been surprised at how well I hit them.

• Like 6

OG - glad you FINALLY were able to go! Sounds like it was waaaay worth the hassle of the drive!

Hope you .. score :-) .. with that hot new setup!

And all this talk reminds me to schedule a time to go in to the CC near me for a check-up / tune-up on the irons I got there last year.

Thanks buddy! Yea I'm a happy camper to say the least 🏌️⛳️

• Like 1

There are club fittings and then club fittings. From my humble opinion the Club Champion is the real deal.

I've had 2. The first was a joke and a mess. The second was s little better but still not great. I'm looking at going for a third this summer but I'm doing a lot more research. I still think they put me in senior shafts too soon. I've hit friends regular shaft clubs and been surprised at how well I hit them.

Were both of your previous club fittings at Club Champion?

• Like 1

Were both of your previous club fittings at Club Champion?

No, local Golf Stores that “claimed” to do professional fitting.

I never heard of Club Champion until this thread. I've learned a lot in the year I've been on MGS.

• Like 5

Good on you OG.. I bet your happier than a pit bull on a pork chop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good on you OG.. I bet your happier than a pit bull on a pork chop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Preach it bruther!

• Like 1

OG, did they give you an ETA on when you would get your driver? Just wondering if you walked out of CC with the head and you are just waiting on the shaft from the bay?

• Like 1