Our Sponsors

Dayuuummmmm who has 6000 posts!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I think it is some old retired guy who posts a lot on here and plays golf when he isn't doing that.   Can't be much time for anything else.  

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was notified today that I won a Club Champion fitting!  I will be going to the one in Atlanta and once I go thorough this experience, I will post my thoughts in this thread.    

My Club Champion Fitting on 4/16/2018   When I arrived today I was greeted with a warm welcome. Rob Anderson took care of my fitting session, who I later discovered was the Regional Sales Director

Well I went in for my iron/putter fitting today and I have to say I was quite surprised.   First the putter fitting...I rolled the 7 balls and made 6 of them. There's a contraption on the shaft to

Posted Images

That may be next on my wish list too. As I develop, I can sure see a time in the near future where I'll outgrow my "Game Improvement" irons and wedges. That oughta be exciting-the iBlades look super sweet and I'd love me a Glide 2.0 wedge or three... ;)

Just looked up where the nearest Club Champion is from me and that'd be Salt Lake...a 5-hr drive one-way...! Hmmm, con War Dept. to load up the kids, hit the water park, grab some In-N-Out burgers and maybe disappear for a fitting...Hmmmm..... B) 

• Like 3

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I think it is some old retired guy who posts a lot on here and plays golf when he isn't doing that. Can't be much time for anything else.

Shhhhhh don't tell anybody . They might want to change ya forum name to Shankster Jr or something.

• Like 4

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

1/2 inch longer and 2 degrees up

Sometimes I look up and think to myself, was that you who just hit that beautiful shot. I'm going low this year. If I can get that short game working this is going to be fun!

uh...meant distance wise on the clubs :D so 1/2 longer...hmm...does that mean you were leaning over more and that forced you to be more upright which then forced you to go 2 degrees up ?  Just wondering...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

uh...meant distance wise on the clubs :D so 1/2 longer...hmm...does that mean you were leaning over more and that forced you to be more upright which then forced you to go 2 degrees up ? Just wondering...

MDGolfHacker

I'd say these irons are at least 5 yards longer. I'm reaching past the pins now where as I was always coming up short.

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

uh...meant distance wise on the clubs :D so 1/2 longer...hmm...does that mean you were leaning over more and that forced you to be more upright which then forced you to go 2 degrees up ? Just wondering...

MDGolfHacker

Hmm, good question.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I think it is some old retired guy who posts a lot on here and plays golf when he isn't doing that. Can't be much time for anything else.

I guess it's better to post here than some “adult site”

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Update on my fitting at Club Champion in Sandy Springs.  It has been over two weeks and the clubs are still not here.  

When I was fitted and decided to order the clubs from them, I knew it would be a premium price and expected premium service.  I was told they would be delivered to my door was billed and paid in full with my card.  Was told they would be at my door in 7 to 10 work days. 

Last Thursday, I got the email from Club Champion that the clubs were shipped and would be delivered next day.  Checked the tracking number, the clubs were being delivered to the store, not to my home.  I emailed the store and was told that I should have paid a shipping fee???  No one mentioned a shipping fee, the clubs were shipped to the store instead of my home.  How much sense does that make? 

The email which I received Friday said I should call them and give a cc number for the shipping.  If it hadn't been so late, I would have drove the two hours to the store and picked them up then.  Instead, I gave the credit card number and was charged $21 and assured the clubs would go out Saturday morning.  Now, Tuesday, I contacted them, no clubs still, they told me the clubs were still in the store but would be shipped this evening??? 

The fitting was good, I think, won't know until I hit the clubs.  My advice now, is get the cub fitting but save a heap of money and trouble by getting the clubs somewhere else.  

• Like 4

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Update on my fitting at Club Champion in Sandy Springs. It has been over two weeks and the clubs are still not here.

When I was fitted and decided to order the clubs from them, I knew it would be a premium price and expected premium service. I was told they would be delivered to my door was billed and paid in full with my card. Was told they would be at my door in 7 to 10 work days.

Last Thursday, I got the email from Club Champion that the clubs were shipped and would be delivered next day. Checked the tracking number, the clubs were being delivered to the store, not to my home. I emailed the store and was told that I should have paid a shipping fee??? No one mentioned a shipping fee, the clubs were shipped to the store instead of my home. How much sense does that make?

The email which I received Friday said I should call them and give a cc number for the shipping. If it hadn't been so late, I would have drove the two hours to the store and picked them up then. Instead, I gave the credit card number and was charged $21 and assured the clubs would go out Saturday morning. Now, Tuesday, I contacted them, no clubs still, they told me the clubs were still in the store but would be shipped this evening???

The fitting was good, I think, won't know until I hit the clubs. My advice now, is get the cub fitting but save a heap of money and trouble by getting the clubs somewhere else.

That's what I decided to do. Buy else where. Sounds like you got some crappy customer service

• Like 2

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Update on my experiences with Club Champion.

Finally, I received the irons about a week ago.  They were beautifully built and safely shipped.  Taylormade P-790 heads with Aerotech i80 shafts 1/2" longer than standard.  PW through 4.  They are sweet hitting, especially the long irons.  Just a little tweaking required now.  Instead of taking them back to Sandy Springs, I took the P, 9, and 8 to a local guy, yesterday, who is really good and had the lie adjusted two degrees flatter.  That move seemed to be spot on today as the flight went from a hard draw, the past week, to dead straight today.  The longer irons may need a little flattening, the jury is still out on that, maybe one degree.  I don't mind a little draw on the 4 through 7 irons.  A bigger problem is the gaps, I haven't played them enough to confirm the first impression that there is a huge gap between the 8 and the 7.   

Oh, and I stand by my opinion, get fitted at Club Champion, buy elsewhere.  Besides the shipping fiasco, I changed my mind on grips and notified them the day after the fitting.  They charged me a little bit for that change but the grips weren't changed.  Matt did offer to change them for me or to send me some grips to change myself ( I do my own grips).  I declined his offer to evaluate these grips and maybe try something totally different in the future.

• Like 5

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Update on my experiences with Club Champion.

Finally, I received the irons about a week ago. They were beautifully built and safely shipped. Taylormade P-790 heads with Aerotech i80 shafts 1/2" longer than standard. PW through 4. They are sweet hitting, especially the long irons. Just a little tweaking required now. Instead of taking them back to Sandy Springs, I took the P, 9, and 8 to a local guy, yesterday, who is really good and had the lie adjusted two degrees flatter. That move seemed to be spot on today as the flight went from a hard draw, the past week, to dead straight today. The longer irons may need a little flattening, the jury is still out on that, maybe one degree. I don't mind a little draw on the 4 through 7 irons. A bigger problem is the gaps, I haven't played them enough to confirm the first impression that there is a huge gap between the 8 and the 7.

Oh, and I stand by my opinion, get fitted at Club Champion, buy elsewhere. Besides the shipping fiasco, I changed my mind on grips and notified them the day after the fitting. They charged me a little bit for that change but the grips weren't changed. Matt did offer to change them for me or to send me some grips to change myself ( I do my own grips). I declined his offer to evaluate these grips and maybe try something totally different in the future.

Sounds like you are getting those irons in par shooting mode! . Happy for ya buddy. You need to come play with us at the UGA Golf course tomorrow?

• Like 2

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

• 2 weeks later...

So received my irons this evening....so stoked.

Got Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with Steelfiber I95 stiff shafts.

One question...the serial numbers on the heads are not matching on two of the irons.

Is this inconsequential?

If it does matter....why?

I look forward to your responses.

Don

So received my irons this evening....so stoked.

Got Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with Steelfiber I95 stiff shafts.

One question...the serial numbers on the heads are not matching on two of the irons.

Is this inconsequential?

If it does matter....why?

I look forward to your responses.

Don

Hmmmmmmm that does not sound right to me.   I would make sure CC is aware of this. 

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Hmmmmmmm that does not sound right to me. I would make sure CC is aware of this.

Already sent them an email this evening...waiting on their response. Just to add a couple more details....I decided to add a 4 iron to my set a few days after the order was placed. It's serial number matches all the other irons.

The two odd clubs are the 6 and 9...which match each other.

I might have a little OCD...cause I don't like it.

I can convince myself that something might be slightly different (from the foundry) between the two batches 🤪.

Didn't know if there was anything to that kinda thinking.

Thanks Ole Gray

• Like 2

Already sent them an email this evening...waiting on their response. Just to add a couple more details....I decided to add a 4 iron to my set a few days after the order was placed. It's serial number matches all the other irons.

The two odd clubs are the 6 and 9...which match each other.

I might have a little OCD...cause I don't like it.

I can convince myself that something might be slightly different (from the foundry) between the two batches .

Didn't know if there was anything to that kinda thinking.

Thanks Ole Gray

Yea your irons should definitely ALL have the same serial number.   If they can't find the other two then they need to send you a complete set with matching serial numbers. 

• Like 2

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Yea your irons should definitely ALL have the same serial number. If they can't find the other two then they need to send you a complete set with matching serial numbers.

The reply I was sent from CC was, because they buy in bulk, they “weight sort” the heads to ensure consistency among the set. I guess I can buy that explanation but I was expecting all serial numbers to match.

The reply I was sent from CC was, because they buy in bulk, they “weight sort” the heads to ensure consistency among the set. I guess I can buy that explanation but I was expecting all serial numbers to match.

Just for kicks why don't you send the OEM an email and let them know about your clubs.  I would be interested to know what their take is. 

• Like 3

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

I've got to agree with OG on this. Serial numbers should be same throughout the iron set.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Just for kicks why don't you send the OEM an email and let them know about your clubs. I would be interested to know what their take is.

Ok... I sent Mizuno USA an email. I'll let you guys know what the response is.

Just to add, the Club Champion fitter said “we weight sort the heads to ensure consistency throughout the set of irons, you would more than likely find matching serial numbers on any set of irons purchased from a big box store but we take it a step further”.

I know they (CC) are selling “tour level fittings”...but that answer would indicate that tolerances are not as exacting from the OEM itself.

I'd like to know what you guys think about that?

Splitting hairs?

• Like 2

Ok... I sent Mizuno USA an email. I'll let you guys know what the response is.

Just to add, the Club Champion fitter said “we weight sort the heads to ensure consistency throughout the set of irons, you would more than likely find matching serial numbers on any set of irons purchased from a big box store but we take it a step further”.

I know they (CC) are selling “tour level fittings”...but that answer would indicate that tolerances are not as exacting from the OEM itself.

I'd like to know what you guys think about that?

Splitting hairs?

I was wondering if it had something to do with swing weight. Sounds legit to me. As long as you don't feel a difference, I think it's perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x