ole gray

Club Champion

Sounds like you are getting those irons in par shooting mode! . Happy for ya buddy. You need to come play with us at the UGA Golf course tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm getting dialed in with the irons now.  I changed the grips out, had the P delofted two degrees, the 8 and 9 by three degrees so the yardage gap is pretty well gone.  They are longer, straighter, and more forgiving than my previous irons.  They would have done all the loft and lie adjustments at Club Champion but that's just too far to drive when I have a buddy here who is really good at that stuff.   

Yep, we have to get together, the UGA course would be great, haven't played there in a long time.  

• Like 1

I'm getting dialed in with the irons now.  I changed the grips out, had the P delofted two degrees, the 8 and 9 by three degrees so the yardage gap is pretty well gone.  They are longer, straighter, and more forgiving than my previous irons.  They would have done all the loft and lie adjustments at Club Champion but that's just too far to drive when I have a buddy here who is really good at that stuff.   

Yep, we have to get together, the UGA course would be great, haven't played there in a long time.  

Sounds good!    We'll get together asap when Dawg is cleared to play.  I think he is close to being ready to stick a peg in the ground.      

• Like 3

I have decided that I am gonna go do a fitting one day with these guys after watching all of these txg videos it makes me wonder, plus after hitting the shafts of the new wedges on full shots it makes me want to do a whole bag fitting to see if I'm playing the right shaft in my wedges and irons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

I have decided that I am gonna go do a fitting one day with these guys after watching all of these txg videos it makes me wonder, plus after hitting the shafts of the new wedges on full shots it makes me want to do a whole bag fitting to see if I'm playing the right shaft in my wedges and irons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's great. Will be curious to see the process and how you make out. I'm giving it some thought also but I'm not going to Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I had a full bag fitting at CC Sandy Springs a few months ago, and must say that I won't go with them again the next time I need a fitting. There wan't anything bad with the fitting, but I wasn't blown away either. I scheduled the fitting because I had never truly been fit for my clubs, and since they were running the 1/2 off pricing, I figured "why not?" My biggest disappointments were: 1.) Only 45.5" driver shafts to try. I really wanted to compare different length driver shafts to see if I could improve my strike pattern, and they didn't have any options. The fitter tried to tell me that I didn't need to try shorter shafts because I was getting more speed out of the longer shafts, and I had to point out that while that was true if I struck the ball well, my standard deviation was up with the longer shaft, too (my previous gamer was 45"). 2.) Wedge fitting is basically nonexistent there as you only have the simulator as the option. 3.) Putter fitting was basically an after thought. I loved getting to see my data on SAM, but after that, I was basically just told that I would be best with a putter that had more toe-flow. I never got to try out some options with SAM to see how they worked with my stroke. 

Again, there was nothing bad with the fitting, and I enjoyed getting to try out so many shaft/head combinations, but there is no way that I would have felt comfortable spending that much money on clubs without more precision in knowing I was getting what would be best for me.

• Like 2