ole gray

Club Champion

Got my time scheduled for a full bag fitting. Going to be heading up to DC area on the 23rd. Interested in seeing how I can improve what is currently in my bag. .

• Like 3

I am all set for the 22nd January. Very exciting

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Great! I need to call and make my appointment soon.

• Like 2

Got my time scheduled for a full bag fitting. Going to be heading up to DC area on the 23rd. Interested in seeing how I can improve what is currently in my bag. .

Ugggghhhh. I'll be in Orlando. Figures. But have fun. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Ugggghhhh. I'll be in Orlando. Figures. But have fun. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Sorry to hear that we wont be able to meet up while I am there, but I understand the desire to head to the PGA show. They did have a couple of other days but I didn't want to try and hit DC at 9 AM.
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if they have different length driver shafts to fit or do they not have this? Just curious i would like to see what the difference is between say a 44” driver for me and a 46” driver

• Like 2

Does anyone know if they have different length driver shafts to fit or do they not have this? Just curious i would like to see what the difference is between say a 44” driver for me and a 46” driver

I'll ask that question when I  go

• Like 2

When I went last spring they did not play around with different length driver shafts.  

• Like 1

That's a great question, and one I'd be interested in as well.  Although I imagine with the number of shafts they carry, it'd be hard to carry them also in longer and shorter versions.  

edit: I see GSMeyer just answered it.   But makes sense.   

Note to self: Remember to read all replies in the thread before answering..ha

• Like 3

When I went last spring they did not play around with different length driver shafts.

Was there any reason why not or they just didn't have different lengths?

Was there any reason why not or they just didn't have different lengths?

It was towards the end of my fitting when I asked about it.  He said I was hitting the stock length great so no need to change.

A lot of places will have plus or minus a half inch or inch on iron shafts, it's not real cost prohibitive to do that with a $20-$40 iron shaft.

Now try and do that with $300-$500 driver shafts and it gets expensive REAL quick.  I'm not saying there aren't any out there, but if you all of the sudden need 5 different lengths of every driver shaft in every flex it's just not realistic.  Plus add in different weights.  Just with and AD-DI you go from maybe 2 different weights and 3 flex's for a total of 6 shafts to needing -1", -1/2", std, +1/2" +1" and now you need 30 shafts at $350 each.

It's more realistic to have a player choke up a little to get a feel for a different length, also look at strike patterns on the face to determine if a different length is needed.  A quality fitter should be able to give you what you need without having to hit each different length.

• Like 5

It was towards the end of my fitting when I asked about it.  He said I was hitting the stock length great so no need to change.

A lot of places will have plus or minus a half inch or inch on iron shafts, it's not real cost prohibitive to do that with a $20-$40 iron shaft.

Now try and do that with $300-$500 driver shafts and it gets expensive REAL quick.  I'm not saying there aren't any out there, but if you all of the sudden need 5 different lengths of every driver shaft in every flex it's just not realistic.  Plus add in different weights.  Just with and AD-DI you go from maybe 2 different weights and 3 flex's for a total of 6 shafts to needing -1", -1/2", std, +1/2" +1" and now you need 30 shafts at $350 each.

It's more realistic to have a player choke up a little to get a feel for a different length, also look at strike patterns on the face to determine if a different length is needed.  A quality fitter should be able to give you what you need without having to hit each different length.

yes, and to be clear I was talking about driver shafts as well.  When I went for an iron fitting they had + lengths shafts, I think 1/2 and 1"  both.

• Like 1

Thank you for answering that question. I get that it's expensive to have all of those shafts but not everyone plays a standard length driver nor should they.

I'm in the process of taking advantage of a 1/2 price full bag fitting from Club Champion.  Did the putter fitting in December so the wife could get me a putter for Christmas.  Looking forward to getting the rest done in the next couple of weeks.  

Putter fitting was a great experience.  Felt like I learned a lot about my stroke working with the SAM Lab.  

• Like 2

Not to be Debbie Downer, but I'm always the skeptic.

True, just about every review I've seen says they do a great job fitting, customer service focused, and they ‘pure' the shafts, for what that's worth for us amateurs.

I also read on another forum “What they do is order a built set of clubs from the OEM at retail price. Then they buy your shafts and grips, pull out the shafts that the clubs came with and throw them away, install and pure your new shafts and grips. Then check all the loft and lie angles and bend them if necessary. You also get a lifetime of loft and lie checking and adjustment if they get out of whack.

For all this you spend about double what you would from the manufacturer even with with upgraded shafts.”

So I'm curious if this is actually true and if so, if they give you the full specs to walk out with, you could take the fitting - the right shaft for each club head, and shop around or order direct from the manufacturer in most cases and less cost.

That being said, I was going to hit us a couple of local fitters this Spring to see what improvement I might get out of the recent or new driver tech. If Club Champion is having a $99 special this month, I might check it out and use it as a baseline for comparison.

Thoughts?

Most likely true.  Most OEMs don't just sell heads so they would buy the club,  buy the shafts you need and then build the clubs for you.   

There is no requirement for you to have the clubs built at Club Champion and they give you all the specs so you can build them elsewhere.   You could order from manufacturer provided the shafts are offered by the OEM.

They do offer a fitting guarantee of some kind that would offer some recourse if you needed adjustments after purchase.  

• Like 3

Yep, AA Cnosil said. No pressure to buy their clubs and puring services. You can get a full print/out email of your specs afterwards and do whatever you wish for buying.

• Like 3

I can't wait to go next month. I had a friend go to the Indy club champion yesterday. Said it was amazing. He is coming back with me in Feb to hit the M3 & M4. Should be a great experience. He said he had off the wall numbers and I'll see him Sunday and get a photo of his print out.

I'm booked for Feb 3, can't wait. I purchased a driver fitting for my Dad last Father's Day, he kills that club now and beats my a$$! Not with the club but on the course! Lol

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2