ole gray

Club Champion

Our Sponsors

After checking out their site and your “review” I might have to make the journey.

• Like 3

After checking out their site and your “review” I might have to make the journey.

Looking forward to some wide - soled game improvement monsters being the best fit for you ;)
  • Like 3

Looking forward to some wide - soled game improvement monsters being the best fit for you ;)

Haha. You know it Joe. I still won't get them even if they are a perfect match and I'm hitting the PW 300 yards.

• Like 3

Getting fit while slightly fatigued actually has it's benefits. The last thing you want is to get fit into shafts that are too heavy or stout because you are swinging hard when you are nice and fresh, but when you get your new clubs and get to the back 9, you start to get tired and you have trouble getting the performance you had when you were energized at the beginning of the round.

Yeah but I also hit 200+ balls reach session... And I'm praying no one is hiring that many balls during their rounds to be that fatigued

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yeah I'm surprised at the G400 being so good, but then again, not really. I'm excited for the 2018 golf year!

Awesome read! Those G400 woods are making waves

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am sure you will enjoy it. I've done it twice in the past 5 years and I have learned a lot and enjoyed it more than I could ever imagine.

• Like 3

Have heard this as a suggestion but since it is a 3+ hour drive each way and the lack of available times I am going for a single session. Hoping that doing The most wanted testing and post test personal evaluations has gotten me in shape to hit that many balls.

That is a long way to go. Then DEFINITELY get some rest. Bring some Gatorade and snacks. Don't take too many warm up swings as they'll throw out some of the ugly swings anyways. And go in with an open mind. Know what you want to accomplish, but don't be set on a certain brand/type. They'll guide you in the right direction. And ask questions.... lots and lots of questions.

• Like 2

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time.  I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations.  But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.  

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time. I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations. But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.

You could call and ask. They might be able to work something out

As I understand it is not a buy in advance and use later. It really isn't a coupon, they lower the cost of the fitting during dec and Jan

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time. I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations. But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.

It's got a "use by" date

That is a long way to go. Then DEFINITELY get some rest. Bring some Gatorade and snacks. Don't take too many warm up swings as they'll throw out some of the ugly swings anyways. And go in with an open mind. Know what you want to accomplish, but don't be set on a certain brand/type. They'll guide you in the right direction. And ask questions.... lots and lots of questions.

Thanks for the tips about the Gatorade/water and snacks.  I definitely have an open mind about clubs and I am not partial to any brand.  Saw on their facebook page today that they have the Rogue line of clubs available starting today; looking forward to trying them out.    

• Like 3

Thanks for the tips about the Gatorade/water and snacks. I definitely have an open mind about clubs and I am not partial to any brand. Saw on their facebook page today that they have the Rogue line of clubs available starting today; looking forward to trying them out.

Yeah they weren't for me but I'm sure they for someone looking forward to hearing about it.

For the holidays I was given a new Wilson C300 Driver and a set of slightly used M2 Irons. I've been ready to go to CC for a putter fitting as that is a club I've been looking at getting new for this upcoming season.

My question is, with their 50% off it looks like you can do a full bag fitting for about $175. Would it be worth it to just do the full bag and have them dial in the settings on my C300, and loft/lie/length on my M2 irons? Maybe give me some shaft recommendations?

Do they do fittings on existing clubs or only if you're looking to get a new set? I'm for sure going to do a full putter fitting and get a new putter but wonder if spending a bit more to make adjustments to my other clubs is worth it, since I'm not in the market for a whole brand new driver or irons set.

You won't be able to adjust loft and lie on the M2 irons. They will break very easily.

One more day til my fitting. I am beyond excited and have a million questions/thoughts running through my mind. I am most interested in getting feedback on wedges and the various grinds, shaft options, and lie angle fitting. I think properly fit wedges could have the biggest impact on my game.

• Like 3

@ole gray; when are you going for you fitting? I know you have had some delays but I am interested in hearing about the long game fitting you won.

• Like 1

@ole gray; when are you going for you fitting? I know you have had some delays but I am interested in hearing about the long game fitting you won.

It has been one thing after another around my house lately. The good thing is Club Champion has been awesome while working with my schedule. I'm hoping soon I can finally put a wrap on this and post my experience.

• Like 3

Went for my fitting yesterday.  It was a long day on the road and I was pretty busy today reading all the PGA Show threads on the net.   I will definitely write up my thoughts but the bottom line is that it was a great experience and learned a lot about club fitting and my needs as a golfer.   Wish Club Champion wasn't so far away so I could work through some of my thoughts on the fitting.  

Biggest question in my mind is Trackman vs.  Foresight GCQuad numbers.  

• Like 5

Went for my fitting yesterday. It was a long day on the road and I was pretty busy today reading all the PGA Show threads on the net. I will definitely write up my thoughts but the bottom line is that it was a great experience and learned a lot about club fitting and my needs as a golfer. Wish Club Champion wasn't so far away so I could work through some of my thoughts on the fitting.

Biggest question in my mind is Trackman vs. Foresight GCQuad numbers.

I have found out recently there is a club champion in Charlotte, I looked it up and it's 7.6 miles from the house. I am looking at mid April for iron fitting.

• Like 6

Great stuff, cnosil. Really appreciate the time you put into your recap and you took a really level headed approach to getting fit.

• Like 1