Our Sponsors

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was notified today that I won a Club Champion fitting!  I will be going to the one in Atlanta and once I go thorough this experience, I will post my thoughts in this thread.    

My Club Champion Fitting on 4/16/2018   When I arrived today I was greeted with a warm welcome. Rob Anderson took care of my fitting session, who I later discovered was the Regional Sales Director

Well I went in for my iron/putter fitting today and I have to say I was quite surprised.   First the putter fitting...I rolled the 7 balls and made 6 of them. There's a contraption on the shaft to

Posted Images

After checking out their site and your “review” I might have to make the journey.

Looking forward to some wide - soled game improvement monsters being the best fit for you ;)
  • Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Looking forward to some wide - soled game improvement monsters being the best fit for you ;)

Haha. You know it Joe. I still won't get them even if they are a perfect match and I'm hitting the PW 300 yards.

• Like 3

Getting fit while slightly fatigued actually has it's benefits. The last thing you want is to get fit into shafts that are too heavy or stout because you are swinging hard when you are nice and fresh, but when you get your new clubs and get to the back 9, you start to get tired and you have trouble getting the performance you had when you were energized at the beginning of the round.

Yeah but I also hit 200+ balls reach session... And I'm praying no one is hiring that many balls during their rounds to be that fatigued

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Yeah I'm surprised at the G400 being so good, but then again, not really. I'm excited for the 2018 golf year!

Awesome read! Those G400 woods are making waves

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I am sure you will enjoy it. I've done it twice in the past 5 years and I have learned a lot and enjoyed it more than I could ever imagine.

After checking out their site and your “review” I might have to make the journey.

• Like 3

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Have heard this as a suggestion but since it is a 3+ hour drive each way and the lack of available times I am going for a single session. Hoping that doing The most wanted testing and post test personal evaluations has gotten me in shape to hit that many balls.

That is a long way to go. Then DEFINITELY get some rest. Bring some Gatorade and snacks. Don't take too many warm up swings as they'll throw out some of the ugly swings anyways. And go in with an open mind. Know what you want to accomplish, but don't be set on a certain brand/type. They'll guide you in the right direction. And ask questions.... lots and lots of questions.

• Like 2

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time.  I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations.  But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.  

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time. I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations. But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.

You could call and ask. They might be able to work something out

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

As I understand it is not a buy in advance and use later. It really isn't a coupon, they lower the cost of the fitting during dec and Jan

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was wondering if they have the sale on fitting through out the year or if you purchase on can you use in the summer time. I would have to drive about 20 hours to get to one of their locations. But would love to try and get the fitting done to see how they can improve my game.

It's got a "use by" date

That is a long way to go. Then DEFINITELY get some rest. Bring some Gatorade and snacks. Don't take too many warm up swings as they'll throw out some of the ugly swings anyways. And go in with an open mind. Know what you want to accomplish, but don't be set on a certain brand/type. They'll guide you in the right direction. And ask questions.... lots and lots of questions.

Thanks for the tips about the Gatorade/water and snacks.  I definitely have an open mind about clubs and I am not partial to any brand.  Saw on their facebook page today that they have the Rogue line of clubs available starting today; looking forward to trying them out.    

• Like 3

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks for the tips about the Gatorade/water and snacks. I definitely have an open mind about clubs and I am not partial to any brand. Saw on their facebook page today that they have the Rogue line of clubs available starting today; looking forward to trying them out.

Yeah they weren't for me but I'm sure they for someone looking forward to hearing about it.

For the holidays I was given a new Wilson C300 Driver and a set of slightly used M2 Irons. I've been ready to go to CC for a putter fitting as that is a club I've been looking at getting new for this upcoming season.

My question is, with their 50% off it looks like you can do a full bag fitting for about $175. Would it be worth it to just do the full bag and have them dial in the settings on my C300, and loft/lie/length on my M2 irons? Maybe give me some shaft recommendations?

Do they do fittings on existing clubs or only if you're looking to get a new set? I'm for sure going to do a full putter fitting and get a new putter but wonder if spending a bit more to make adjustments to my other clubs is worth it, since I'm not in the market for a whole brand new driver or irons set.

You won't be able to adjust loft and lie on the M2 irons. They will break very easily.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

One more day til my fitting. I am beyond excited and have a million questions/thoughts running through my mind. I am most interested in getting feedback on wedges and the various grinds, shaft options, and lie angle fitting. I think properly fit wedges could have the biggest impact on my game.

• Like 3

@ole gray; when are you going for you fitting? I know you have had some delays but I am interested in hearing about the long game fitting you won.

• Like 1

@ole gray; when are you going for you fitting? I know you have had some delays but I am interested in hearing about the long game fitting you won.

It has been one thing after another around my house lately. The good thing is Club Champion has been awesome while working with my schedule. I'm hoping soon I can finally put a wrap on this and post my experience.

• Like 3

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Went for my fitting yesterday.  It was a long day on the road and I was pretty busy today reading all the PGA Show threads on the net.   I will definitely write up my thoughts but the bottom line is that it was a great experience and learned a lot about club fitting and my needs as a golfer.   Wish Club Champion wasn't so far away so I could work through some of my thoughts on the fitting.  

Biggest question in my mind is Trackman vs.  Foresight GCQuad numbers.  

• Like 5

Went for my fitting yesterday. It was a long day on the road and I was pretty busy today reading all the PGA Show threads on the net. I will definitely write up my thoughts but the bottom line is that it was a great experience and learned a lot about club fitting and my needs as a golfer. Wish Club Champion wasn't so far away so I could work through some of my thoughts on the fitting.

Biggest question in my mind is Trackman vs. Foresight GCQuad numbers.

I have found out recently there is a club champion in Charlotte, I looked it up and it's 7.6 miles from the house. I am looking at mid April for iron fitting.

• Like 6

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Great stuff, cnosil. Really appreciate the time you put into your recap and you took a really level headed approach to getting fit.

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X