ole gray

Club Champion

Our Sponsors

interesting that your launch angle with your gamer was lower than anything with the M4.  What do you attribute that to?  

Also looks like you got a couple mph extra ball speed.  Do you think that is due to the driver head or the newer shaft?

• Like 1

Great fitting JA and thanks for the write up with the charts.  Cool stuff

• Like 1

interesting that your launch angle with your gamer was lower than anything with the M4. What do you attribute that to?

Also looks like you got a couple mph extra ball speed. Do you think that is due to the driver head or the newer shaft?

I really think it's all in the shaft and head combo. Nothing was really close to the M4 with the Accra shaft. I took about 120 swings. It was a very cool process to get to those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Great info, and those are some really good numbers! How did the M4 sound and feel compared to the G400?

Glad your fitting went well!

• Like 1

Great info, and those are some really good numbers! How did the M4 sound and feel compared to the G400?

Glad your fitting went well!

Considering I hit only 2 balls with the G400 I can't say. I know the M4 sounded muted from my Titleist but this is inside and it will be interesting to see if it sounds the same outside. The G400 was not for me. That said I'm sure if I was dead set on it that I could have gotten a shaft that worked with it. But as for sound I really did take notice on the G400.

Sounds like you tried

-Rogue

-M3

-M4

-G400

-F8+

Anything else?  I know you ended up with the M4 but was there a close second? 

Sounds like your gamer is/was a Titleist - did you try the new Titleist driver?

• Like 1

Sounds like you tried

-Rogue

-M3

-M4

-G400

-F8+

Anything else? I know you ended up with the M4 but was there a close second?

Sounds like your gamer is/was a Titleist - did you try the new Titleist driver?

I tried the following:

My Driver Titleist 915 D2

Titleist 917 D2

Ping G400

Ping G400 max

Cobra F8+

M3

Vertical Groove Driver

Epic

Rouge

And the M4.

Honestly my driver with the Accra shaft was close. The Rouge gave good numbers but the miss left was worse. The Cobra F8+ gave some great ball speed numbers (169.3 was the highest but the F8+ averaged 165). Overall I'm very happy with the process and feel I got what I needed.

A note though if I do not see what I saw on the trackman I can take it back and they will replace it with what is needed.

• Like 2

How was the vertical groove driver?

It might work for John Daly but it was not for me. I thought the look of it was very small and it just didn't do what the other drivers did.

How was the vertical groove driver?

I tested it as part of most wanted. It is an odd looking driver; the stripe on the top made it difficult to setup behind the ball and the appearance was kind of ugly. Performance of the club wasn't that bad for me. There were clubs that were better and clubs that were worse. Probably a middle of the pack club for me.

• Like 1

The results in this thread have been great! It pushed me to finally book a fitting for my driver, which I seem to be losing distance on. I'm not using Club Champion, but I am going in for a fitting this weekend with a similar company. I hope I can post comparable gains to what has already been posted, albeit at a much lower swing speed! You won't see any 110 SS out of me!

• Like 4

@Kegger that's really awesome to hear how well you benefitted from a proper fitting. Sounds like money well spent.

For those interested, the head of Club Champion was on the Plugged-In podcast. I'm about half way through but am really enjoying it. They're spending some time talking about the fitting process (and importance) and how they do what they do better than the rest. It's a bit of marketing mixed in with entertainment but definitely worth the listen.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/plugged-in-golf-podcast/id1354024656?mt=2&i=1000404201745

Matt Saternus......Didn't he used to be an MGS guy?

• Like 3

For those who have already had their fitting what ball did you use? Theirs or your own?

• Like 2

For those who have already had their fitting what ball did you use? Theirs or your own?

I used theirs; it was a prov1. I don't have a specific ball that I use and didn't think about using anything different. I actually didn't think about the ball until I did their survey and it asked if ball fitting was discussed

• Like 1

I used theirs; it was a prov1. I don't have a specific ball that I use and didn't think about using anything different. I actually didn't think about the ball until I did their survey and it asked if ball fitting was discussed

I didn't give that a thought when I went for my irons last year. I used their balls and I don't recall what they were. Definitely something I need to have next time, if there is s next time!

I was asked what ball I played and was given those to hit. I play Chrome Soft though, so it's a pretty common ball now. I don't know how many brands/models they had in their tool box...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They had a few choices at the club champion in Indy. I used the Pro V1. Brand new balls. If you wanted to use something they didn't have I bet they would let you. They did put the silver stickers on the ball to help the trackman pick up the spin.

I also got my M4 yesterday. I'll try and get some photos up in the next few days. Hopefully warm enough next weekend to go out and see it fly in person.

• Like 2

I also got my M4 yesterday. I'll try and get some photos up in the next few days. Hopefully warm enough next weekend to go out and see it fly in person.

Awesome! Looking at those in the store the other day I'm excited to hit it hopefully

• Like 1