Adams Golf

kardboard.kid

Several months ago RookieBlue7 both gave me a sick deal on it and was a pleasure to deal with. But I have been able to dig up _ZERO_ information on this head, so I'd be most grateful for anything you know. It's not listed on the USGA conforming list, which may fit with the "hot tamale" narrative. I think it looks fantastic at address, open maybe 1-2 degrees. Haven't measured displacement yet but I'd surmise it's around 430cc.

As you can see from the pics; there is a continuous V channel running around the crown and sole, all the way up through the hosel. That may indeed turn out to be the illegally delicious design feature. At this point, from the gamer perspective, I'm not sure what to do except ship it off to the USGA for testing and keep my fingers crossed. However, with the other option being an exotic buildout and sale to one of those unscrupulous types that "tees it up everywhere and uses the grease"; sending it off to the USGA means removing the plastic and subsequently some of the allure.

What would Stu do? (I think you should also start an entirely separate general Op-Ed thread with that title)

I would contact the USGA on it-- Maybe Rookie can give you better insight on it he is pretty sharp on that stuff. Me I would build and try it. 

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

So only one yes in the irons, and a few yes on the woods. What about hybrids?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

As far as the irons- I have hit the CMB, CB3's, mb2, and a few others. They were all really good to outstanding in their categories.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

So only one yes in the irons, and a few yes on the woods. What about hybrids?

Like Rev said, Adams is credited with originating the idea of the hybrid with the first Tight Lies. Now they seem to have a wide range of types of hybrids going from something like the Pro Mini to the Red to the Blue.

If you happen to be near a PGA Tour Super Store or similar, or a large range with a shop, there may be several mixed in in the Used Clubs section to try out.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen 5 0311XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic SuperHybrid 4H (SteelFiber fc65/F2)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

I went on the Adams golf site to do some exploring, I didn't know they were owned by TaylorMade?

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

I just bought a lefty Adams Launch Lab driver off a guy from another site for $40. Deep face, my goodness. I'll take it to the launch monitor today along with the '16 TM M1 and Cobra F7+. Should be interesting to see the difference in 5 year old technology. 

• Like 1

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Hahaha holy smokes... Just got back from a session on a GC Quad...

Avg ball speed

'16 M1: 166

Cobra F7+: 167

Adams Custom Launch Lab: 165

Avg spin

M1: 2010

F7+: 1876

Adam's: 2287

Avg Carry

M1: 286

F7+: 294

Adams: 287

Longest drive

M1: 306

F7+: 323

Adams: 308

The M1 is out the door and the F7+ might need a different shaft (everything was left - I'm a lefty) but the Adams with a RIP Phenom 70x playing at 43.5" was a freaking stripe show. I registered side spin of 7 on one drive. 7rpm. 7. Adams was really on to something special and created some beasts. Go find them on the bay or another BST site. Go. Do it. I got mine for $40.

Amazing how Adams released the driver I tested in 2012.

• Like 4

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Hahaha holy smokes... Just got back from a session on a GC Quad...

Adams Custom Launch Lab with a RIP Phenom 70x playing at 43.5" was a freaking stripe show. I registered side spin of 7 on one drive. 7rpm. 7. Adams was really on to something special and created some beasts. Go find them on the bay or another BST site. Go. Do it. I got mine for $40.

Amazing how Adams released the driver I tested in 2012.

That's roughly one lateral revolution for every 40 yards of carry; sooo awesome!

This post made me really happy. And also convinced me to build my 3502 TS head as a personal gamer. Sure hope it passes USGA testing.

• Like 2

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

• 5 weeks later...

Let us know what happens, DLK!

• Like 1

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

• 2 weeks later...

Played tight lies for about 2 years. Switched last year to Bridgestone J-15 CB.....thought the tight lies were ok....but found extra yardage withe J-15's....still carry an older Adams Speedline 7 wood...something about  that club agrees with me.....

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Any detailed thoughts on the CMB or XTD forged?

I keep reading how great they are but also how you must be able to consistently find the middle each time.

I'm wondering if they can make an average player better by not being so forgiving....if you know what I mean?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Any detailed thoughts on the CMB or XTD forged?

I keep reading how great they are but also how you must be able to consistently find the middle each time.

I'm wondering if they can make an average player better by not being so forgiving....if you know what I mean?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Dude: I loved my CMBs till some meth head broke in my shed & stole em. Had Matrix shafts. I'll just say I'd still game em if I had them

Edit to add: I think they played/forgiveness a lil better than my Wishons

• Like 2

I may be wrong on this but I have always said TMag bought them for their Fairway wood and Hybrid technology. I do know Adams was having some financial problems at the time and Barney Adams was wanting to retire anyhow. I know for a fact that Super S 3 wood I am bagging is one pocket rocket and the 5 wood ain't bad either. I also have an older Adams GT 5 wood that is a pocket rocket too

They really bought them for the speed slot technology that you see in all of the woods and the last few years in the irons as well. Adams had it first and TM wanted to expand on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I gamed the Adams A2OS irons way back then gave them to a teacher whose clubs were stolen, in exchange for a golfweek if instruction for my two grandsons.

Currently, I have recommended the Adams Blue series for beginners.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.pngPXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.pngPXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50*/54*/58*) w/DG Spinner wedge shafts 

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

Yes very interested

Stroker- Adams forged irons were consistently some of the best out there, they just never got a lot of exposure. Go find a set or two and give them a ride!

Plus- the prices on used sets are pretty sweet now that Adams is gone.

• Like 2

WITB: 

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

• 4 weeks later...

Let us know what happens, DLK!

Got word from the USGA this morning on the Speedline 3502 TS Proto.

Just as I suspected, when Adams initially submitted this head there was an issue with the V-channel design running through the hosel. My helpful USGA representative subsequently "recommended" that I not put it into Championship play for the reason stated above. At the urging of the USGA, Adams agreed to not produce any 3502 TS heads for play. As a result, this is one of a handful in existence. I am likely to build it out anyway, smack a few tour balls, realize it's the greatest driver ever and then probably pay this unicorn forward to one very lucky Spy. Because it's no longer a gamer season priority for me, feel free to reach out via PM if projects like these peak your interest and we can talk potential build, trade, buy, etc.

I suppose it's back to the driver drafting table for me.

• Like 2

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I'm looking forward to building out this Speedline 3502 TS prototype head made for Chad Campbell.

attachicon.gifIMG_2689.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2692.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2691.JPG

Did I sell you that one?  I sold a few of these in the past 6 months or so

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.