TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf coaching sites

zevodroc89

I've watched plenty of FREE YouTube coaching-lessons-tips-etc. Some are pretty good. Of course there's always the Golf Channel which you're probably already paying for.

Certainly wouldn't pay for access to a golf coaching-training site.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

While some of them are ok - what you don't know is what specific part of your swing you need to work on. I think you're better off spending a couple of $$ on a good instructor.

Having said that, I do watch them but as a complement to my golf instruction.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

While some of them are ok - what you don't know is what specific part of your swing you need to work on. I think you're better off spending a couple of $$ on a good instructor.

I would second this - there is no substitute for an experienced live set of eyes. What does it cost? Less than a driver for 4 lessons?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I would second this - there is no substitute for an experienced live set of eyes. What does it cost? Less than a driver for 4 lessons?

Or a program that includes - or gives an add-on option for - swing video analysis by a PGA pro (eg. by email or maybe by posting up to their site). 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

How many swing lessons did any of you have before playing little league or unorganized baseball as a kid?

IMNSHO and from a grouchy old man point of view, technical swing lessons are a waste of time.

You have to feel it.

"those who can do, those who can't teach"

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

If you're talking about a site that provides text and or video instruction, without having a competent instructor see and evaluate your swing, I'd say they're about as valuable as performing your own haircut without a mirror.  You may think you know what you're doing, but its almost certain that you don't. 

However, I do think its possible to get reasonable instruction through video analysis.  I have heard that some people have had good results on Evolver ( The drawback that I see with this type of instruction is that you don't have immediate feedback.  You send in a video, you get a response with explanations and advice for a single specific change.  Its up to you to evaluate how well you're making the change, typically through more video.  Its definitely possible to make changes this way, at least for some people.  In my opinion, the best way to learn is through in-person instruction, coupled with video, so that you can see your changes between your lessons.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I third this.The open instructional forum threads are slowly dying off.The closed Facebook instructor forums are where everyone is going.More individual and one on one.You learn more about one way vs being bombarded by maybe helpful or hurtful advice.From there you can Than go see the specific teacher and learn even more

Keep it in the short stuff

If you've gone to a teacher, done an evaluation, been working on drills, and they have a site with drills to do, great! Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. There are hundreds of “teachers” out there all with a different swing they teach, none of which may suit you, your build, and your natural swing. Whatever you do, don't start watching a bunch of videos, or even Breed and start doing all that they say. Again, it might not fit you specifically, and you may end-up worse off.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Whatever you do, don't start watching a bunch of videos, or even Breed and start doing all that they say. 

Amen.  Do not try to diagnose yourself, do not try some online course of action because it sounds promising, or it helped your buddy, or the instructor is famous.  If its not tailored specifically for you, you simply don't know whether you'll be going in the right direction or the wrong one.  Its possible to get some decent personal evaluation and advice based on video of your swing, subject to some drawbacks which I mentioned earlier, but following generic advice is just as likely to be bad for your game as it is to help you improve.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I'm a big fan of Shawn Clements "Wisdom in Golf." Great teacher.  He should be on the golf channel.  If you sign up for an "eagle" subscription (I think it's $10 a month), he will analyze your swing videos.  I don't have the eagle subscription currently.  The lesser ones fit my needs.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

I like the Thomas golf series. I started out watching them because he had a bunch of lefty instructional videos. No charge and they're on YouTube

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I've done it all over the past several years. Shawn Clement, Rotary Swing, YouTube, local-pro. I will say that all of this has taught me a good deal about the golf swing in general. My personal opinion is to go through the free videos of these online coaches (or even pay for a month or two of premium content) and see which philosophies most match up with yours. They will each have different perspectives on the technical nature of the swing, how to practice, how to think, etc. Once you find one that really jives with your own thoughts, you can usually find a local pro that is recommended or certified in that swing philosophy. I'd start by seeing them in person a few times, asking a lot of questions to understand how their swing philosophies can be tailored to your personal swing, then use the online tools to supplement the lessons. I did this with Rotary Swing, found a local certified pro and took about 5-6 lessons. After that I relied mainly on the videos and Rotary Swing video reviews. They all make much more sense now that I've had the in person instruction to validate I'm understanding the concepts the right way and doing the drills correctly.

The other benefit is that now when I watch other YouTube videos or golf magazine tips I know which ones apply to me with a greater sense of understanding, and I know which ones to discard as not appropriate for me.

I like meandmygolf.com

You can upload videos and they will analyze it for you.

Plus, sometimes all you need is a small reminder/fix and everything is nice again.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived