The Top Ten List Of Things About Golf That Bug Me:

Stephen_Peszel

I can't stand the guys behind you, doubting what you are capable of. I was playing a while back and it was backed up on the 340yd first hole. I was waiting on the green to clear and the guy behind me says "what the hell are you waiting on? It's 340yds to the green", to which I responded "actually it's 340 to the center, only 330 to the front". As soon as the group leaves, I hit my ball, it landed on the front and rolled up 12' right of the pin; I turned around and said "any more questions?".

Actually Bones, I might have been that guy. That kind of stuff impacts pace of play 99% of the time. I'm assuming the wind or course design helped you there because the longest driver on the PGA tour right now is Robert Garrigus averaging 315.9 yards.

Regardless, it's pretty reasonable for the group behind you to question that because they'd be on the money most of the time. So, you can be pissed if you want but I'd cut them a break.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Actually Bones, I might have been that guy. That kind of stuff impacts pace of play 99% of the time. I'm assuming the wind or course design helped you there because the longest driver on the PGA tour right now is Robert Garrigus averaging 315.9 yards.

Regardless, it's pretty reasonable for the group behind you to question that because they'd be on the money most of the time. So, you can be pissed if you want but I'd cut them a break.

No wind, no bends on the hole, just dead straight. Garrigus averages 315; I've hit a couple 390+ drives and several 350+, but I wouldn't say I average 300+. Do I hit the ball over 300 on a regular basis? Yes, but I also hit a lot off the toe in the 270 range too. Going by hitting 25 balls into a screen with my current driver, I have an average of 294 (longest 327, shortest 268).

Normally I don't get pissy with people acting like that, but normally they aren't jerks like this guy was. Usually on the course mentioned, if it is backed up I'll hit 5 iron off the first tee, so I don't catch any crap. On this particular day, it was my practice round for qualifying for the city tournament, so I was playing each hole how I planned to play it during qualifying.

No wind, no bends on the hole, just dead straight. Garrigus averages 315; I've hit a couple 390+ drives and several 350+, but I wouldn't say I average 300+. Do I hit the ball over 300 on a regular basis? Yes, but I also hit a lot off the toe in the 270 range too. Going by hitting 25 balls into a screen with my current driver, I have an average of 294 (longest 327, shortest 268).

Normally I don't get pissy with people acting like that, but normally they aren't jerks like this guy was. Usually on the course mentioned, if it is backed up I'll hit 5 iron off the first tee, so I don't catch any crap. On this particular day, it was my practice round for qualifying for the city tournament, so I was playing each hole how I planned to play it during qualifying.

Fair enough. And if the guy was being a tool about it, then you should let him have both barrels.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"