GolfSpy_X

EXCLUSIVE CLOSED BETA INVITATION - New MyGolfSpy Website

attachicon.gifangle_of_attack_short_2.gif

We want to invite MyGolfSpy forum members to be part of a exclusive closed BETA testing for a new technology we will soon be releasing. We are looking for golfers to take part in an early and unreleased version of a new site powered by MyGolfSpy.

As a tester you will become a part of something we think will forever change the way consumers buy golf equipment. We are going to put the power back in the player's hand and make everything about one thing: performance. The days of marketing being more important than the actual performance of the clubs these consumers are buying, is over. Golf consumers have become tired of the same old stale marketing ideas and claims made by golf companies. So were we. So we are going to change that, forever.

We are looking for 25 golfers to take part in this BETA testing.

1. AGE: 55

2. SWING SPEED: 98 (driver)

3. HANDICAP: 9.8

4. ROUNDS PER YEAR: 50

5. CURRENT DRIVER: Callaway XR16

6. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FIT FOR A DRIVER IN THE PAST YEAR: Y or N - no

7. AVERAGE DRIVER DISTANCE: 230-240

Sincerely,

MyGolfSpy

#ConsumerFirst

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'm in!

1. AGE: 37

2. SWING SPEED: 115-121

3. HANDICAP: 11

4. ROUNDS PER YEAR: 20-30

5. CURRENT DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Custom

6. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FIT FOR A DRIVER IN THE PAST YEAR: N

7. AVERAGE DRIVER DISTANCE: 270-290

1. Age: 29

2. Swing Speed: 113mph

3. Handicap: 0

4. Rounds per year: 75

5. Current Driver: Cobra F7+

6. I have been fit for a driver in the past year

7. Avg Driver distance: 285-290yds

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

attachicon.gifangle_of_attack_short_2.gif

We want to invite MyGolfSpy forum members to be part of a exclusive closed BETA testing for a new technology we will soon be releasing. We are looking for golfers to take part in an early and unreleased version of a new site powered by MyGolfSpy.

As a tester you will become a part of something we think will forever change the way consumers buy golf equipment. We are going to put the power back in the player's hand and make everything about one thing: performance. The days of marketing being more important than the actual performance of the clubs these consumers are buying, is over. Golf consumers have become tired of the same old stale marketing ideas and claims made by golf companies. So were we. So we are going to change that, forever.

We are looking for 25 golfers to take part in this BETA testing.

If you are interested, please tell us the following information about yourself and your game:

1. AGE: 42

2. SWING SPEED: 109

3. HANDICAP: 13

4. ROUNDS PER YEAR: 80

5. CURRENT DRIVER: 2016 M2

6. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FIT FOR A DRIVER IN THE PAST YEAR: Y or N Y

7. AVERAGE DRIVER DISTANCE: 286

Sincerely,

MyGolfSpy

#ConsumerFirst

1. AGE: 35

2. SWING SPEED: 125

3. HANDICAP: 10

4. ROUNDS PER YEAR: 100

5. CURRENT DRIVER: SLDR TP

6. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FIT FOR A DRIVER IN THE PAST YEAR: Yes

7. AVERAGE DRIVER DISTANCE: 310

1. Age: 49

2. Swing speed: 92

3. Handicap: 13

4. Rounds per year: 35

5. Current driver: Bridgestone JGR

6. Have you ever been fit for a driver: No

7. Average driver distance: 220

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

This one getting close to being announced?

• Like 1

1. AGE:  34 (for a few more weeks!)

2. SWING SPEED:  Driver = 110 mph

3. HANDICAP: 3.1

4. ROUNDS PER YEAR: 30

5. CURRENT DRIVER:  Titleist 915 D2

6. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FIT FOR A DRIVER IN THE PAST YEAR: No

7. AVERAGE DRIVER DISTANCE: 285

Well sionce I was one of your original members here the first time round I'd like to be more involved in your new BETA site if poissible. 

1. AGE: 54

2. SWING SPEED:  high 90's

3. HANDICAP: 4

4. ROUNDS PER YEAR: 50-75

5. CURRENT DRIVER: 2016 TM M2 10.5 w/ Tensi Pro Blue S

6. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN FIT FOR A DRIVER IN THE PAST YEAR: Y or NO

7. AVERAGE DRIVER DISTANCE: 260 yards

• Like 1

Has there been a decision on when this will be announced?

Yes there has been. He posted the names a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any reason why this is still open if the testers have been chosen? Might want to lock this up, or just watch a bunch of late entries.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BJH

• By bdreit76
      Driver- Ping G400 SFT Regular Flex
      3W- Ping G Stiff Flex
      3Hy- Ping G400 Extra Stiff Flex
      4-PW - Callaway XR OS irons Regular Flex (Graphite)
      50, 56, 60 Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy 3 
      Putter- Ping Sigma G Piper 3 
      Balls- Snell MTB X Optic Yellow
      Shoes- Ecco Biom 2
                   Under Armour Spieth 2
      In a years time I’ve cut my average score down about 20-25 strokes per round. Shot an 88 yesterday on one of the tougher courses around my way.  Would have been low 80’s if I didn’t get 3 penalties on two of the last three holes. So actually really happy with how far I’ve come in a years time.  
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Testers Chosen!
      These four forum members will be testing and reviewing the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro (104cc) putter grips:
      @chemclub @BigtazzGolf @JDHolmes @gchester33 Reviewing a set of Z Grip ALIGN grips:
      @LeftyHawk And reviewing the MCC Plus4 ALIGN grips:
      @romeopapazulu @knightsofnii Full announcement here

3-Testers Wanted
      Z Grip ALIGN
      Tour Velvet ALIGN
      MCC & MCC Plus 4 ALIGN
      Tour Velvet Plus 4  (rubber or cord)
      Golf Pride ® a division of power management company Eaton and an
      industry leader in grip innovation, today announced it will offer the brand’s Z-Grip ® with its
      popular ALIGN ® Technology in 2019.
      According to a recent survey, ALIGN Technology is now used by 74 TOUR players. This
      technology was first introduced in Golf Pride brand’s MCC ® and MCC Plus4 ® hybrid grips and is
      also available in a Tour Velvet® grip (all rubber) option. With the addition of a full cord grip to
      complement the existing options, Golf Pride will now offer ALIGN Technology in a full range of
      feel preferences.
      AND
      4-Testers Wanted
      Tour SNSR Contour Pro (104 or 140cc)

The Contour Pro putter grip offers the leading Tour-
      preferred, pistol-shape in two oversized models for unsurpassed feel and feedback.
      The TOUR SNSR Contour Pro utilizes the same soft, ultra-tuned rubber formulation as its
      predecessors giving the grip an excellent feel and facilitating lighter grip pressure to encourage
      a smoother stroke. The proprietary TOUR SNSR technology enhances feedback, affording
      better distance control on greens of all speeds.
      The TOUR SNSR Contour Pro putter grip also features soft, rounded edges, and a pistol flare
      back to more naturally fit in the hands. The shape includes a wide, paddle front for a consistent
      landing zone for the fingers and a tapered profile for players who prefer the traditional,
      sculptured grip design. This pistol shaped putter grip with contour has been trusted by the best
      players in the world to win the most coveted championships in golf.
      Doing this Testing, DOES NOT disqualify you from other Testing in 2019, once this ones' completed. We expect this testing to be much shorter than club testings, perhaps 4 weeks total. 

How To Apply
      In a post below please list the following:
      First Name/Home State (US Eligible)
      Current Grips Used
      Choose EITHER the ALIGN (pick one model) or SNSR (pick 104 or 140 cc)

Last Instruction:  PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST IN YOUR APPLICATION POST

Will be choosing the Testers Next Week-Good Luck!

• By JonMUSC08
      I am going out on a stretch with this one...
      When we all buy new golf clubs or are in the market for a new club (testing), we head over to our local shop (Dicks Sports, Edwin Watts, PGA Superstore, etc) and request to try the clubs out in the bay with the launch monitors. Of course, how well is the new club going to compare to our existing club. In my personal experience, the employees in the shops always seem annoyed when you ask to try out clubs in the bays; more so if you are a lefty such as myself. That means they have to move the launch monitor sensor to the other side of the mat 🤬. Those of us not on tour or living in the 1% wealth do not have the ability to own a Trackman or GC Quad BUT would still like to utilize those products to test equipment and learn to gap our clubs. Do these 8 new drivers really give me 20 more yards and are much more straight than my existing driver... who knows, but the golf shop guy does not want me spending 3 hours testing all his equipment. Yet he wonders why i do not buy anything after i try one driver and dont get results. Don't be annoyed with me if i ask to try a different driver.
      Here is the dream... A driving range with 2-4 bays rigged with launch monitors. Having top of the line monitors may be quite expensive but something to at least provide sufficient data to help the average or better golfer. By allowing players to learn their yardages and make adjustments will in essence speed up rounds as well. With the popularity of the technology AT the range, players would need to schedule times and pay fees for equipment use. The Arccos system is a great tool to help gap and determine club lengths BUT it takes quite a few rounds to determine all your clubs. Now i can hit 20 shots with each club and get solid data on EACH club. In addition, i can borrow or rent multiple clubs if i am in the market for a new driver, iron set, etc. IDEALLY having newly released equipment AT the  range would be perfect.
      My Golf Spy Community, lets make this happen!
      Make this the new Top Golf or get me in touch with a Top Golf guy to integrate this!

• By DPattGolf
      I know its a ways out still but what is everyone looking forward to seeing in the Most Wanted Putter Testing this year? Any early predictions? 

I personally LOVE my custom matte black Evnroll ER2 so I'm not looking to switch but would love to see it continue to perform well in Most Wanted Testing. With that said I could see the Bloodline R1-J Blade doing quite well and possibly giving Envroll a serious run for its money, especially if testers stand behind to check the line before putts.
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      So for almost two years now, I've been trying to arrange a trip to or time to stop at MGS HQ in Yorktown.  I get down that way about once a year but so far had not been able to coordinate the time on any of my trips. 

Well the stars aligned this week!  I was in Williamsburg for a company annual conference.   It wrapped up on Wednesday night, and before heading home on Thursday, i traded in attending the A-10 Basketball tournament in DC for some time at MGS HQ.

Adam had previously told me to just stop in anytime I was there, and CNosil who does the Most Wanted Testing there at least a cople times a week, told me the same, just drop in.

So here's a recap (I don't know if it'll  be short or long yet )

I walked in and immediately put my foot in my mouth by mistaking Harry for Adam, I have met Adam before, but they both have a similar build, and Adam was wearing the MGS Hat when I met him, as was Harry yesterday and it was from across the facility about 1,000 yards away...Ok in reality maybe 100 feet.   But it only took a few steps and Harry cheerfully greeting me with a Cheers before I relaized my mistake...Off to a great start...ha

After explaining to Harry who I was and the purpose of the stop in, actually I wasn't sure of my purpose other than to say hello and see whatever they would liet me see...whcih as it turns out was pretty much anything I wanted to!

Harry stopped some work he was doing, and walked me through the entire Most Wanted Testing steps and protocols, they were in the process of finishing up driver testing as well as some putter testings, and had just begun the Standbag testing.     He showed me each of the 27 or so drivers that are being tested, the too many to count putters and probably 15 or so stand bags.    

The Drivers were all neatly arranged in staff bags along a wall next to one of the hitting bay.  They have two full sized hitting bays much like you'd find in any major OEM or Club Champion type facility.   Equipped with Foresight GC Quads and so cool MGS Logo'd Bridgetstone balls.  

There was a very large putting green with an immaculate service, after all the Most Wanted testing is taking place on it, so it has to be of the highest standards, along the edge were putters all lined up and around the perimeter were all the stand bags being tested.    I asked Harry how they test a bag, and I think the answer is best left for one of them to answer as i don't want to misrepresent it in any way.   But there are so many aspects to a bag they test that I take for granted.   Again this is the Most Wanted Testing, so of course it would be more in-depth than you would even think.

Around this time two of the testers came in, one to test four drivers he had yet to test and one to test putters.  I watched each for a bit, they really seemed to enjoy what they were doing, and also took great care to make sure they were following the protocols.     It was really neat to see how one particular driver didn't' work too well for this tester but the other three all did very well.   

Sam arrived after a morning appointment and when I introduced myself, he was genuinely pleased to meet me.  Sam is the type of person, you are instantly drawn to after about 30 seconds of talking to him.  He has such a great personality and enthusiasm for both this job and golf.   Both he and Harry played college golf for a nearby university.     You may have read on Twitter today is Sams 2-year anniversary of working there, and he told me the story yesterday  of how it came to be.   Really so simple as Adam reaching out to the coach of the university saying he was looking for someone to test clubs for him, the coach knew Sam was looking for a job, and sent him over.   Sam was wondering if it was part time, for free or if he was going to have to pay...LOL    He was thrilled to come on board.   

Both he and Harry told me they felt like they knew a good bit about clubs.  Until they met Adam that was.  Both couldn't say enough about how much they have learned working with Adam and Tony, and their passions are contagious.   

Matt (the newest employee, I believe) who is doing a lot of the video and social media posting you have or will see, came in and went straight to work on setting up some elaborate settings for a video he's getting ready to do.   So didn't interrupt him as well...ha

So we talked more about everything Sam and Harry do there, and I was quite impressed and a bit envious as I looked and literally saw clubs from wall to wall.  Sam offered me the chance to grab any club I wanted to try out.   I was still feeling the results of 3 straight days of playing in cold weather and the after effects of the awards celebration the night before, and told him I appreciate it but I'm good.  

Sam and I talked a lot about the forum, even though he's not very active on here, he''s see's a lot of it.   He told me about a lot of content ideas they have coming up...if even half of what we talked about happens, there are going to be some very cool things coming down the pike for MGS in 2018.   One thing they will be podcasts, a couple of them  dropped this week,  if you haven't listened to either of them give them a go.   This is the link to the one with Tony and GoalieWales about their experience at Tour Striker Golf Academy in December.   it's almost an hour long but it's a great listen and goes quickly.    https://soundcloud.com/mygolfspy/mike-wales-interview

Also the Spy vs. Spy with Tony and Adam discussing the Distance "problem" is so good and I PROMISE you, you will learn something from it.  https://soundcloud.com/mygolfspy/mygolfspy-podcast-ep-1-spy-vs-spy

So after taking up almost two full hours of their time, I felt I didn't want to be the guest who overstayed his welcome, although may have already occurred.  Sam said he wasn't going to let me leave empty handed, so he and Harry disappeared behind the magic curtain and came back with a handful of MGS Goodness!!  I was very appreciative, and look how cool these are.    The T-Shirts, Balls, patches and stickers are all first class!!   I'll definitely be saving one of these sleeves of balls, but can't wait to put the other sleeve in play and have people ask about the logo.

So if you're ever in the Yorktown, VA area, I encourage to reach out to them and drop in.  They will be genuinely happy to see any forum members.  

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!