Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

OFFICIAL EXPERIENCE: Mygolfspy forum goes to Cleveland Golf

hckymeyer

Mygolfspy Forum goes to 

Cleveland-Launcher-2-1027.jpg

Cleveland Golf HQ to get

"Fit like a Pro"

Hey gang!

Tomorrow is the big day where 2 lucky forum members will be jetting off to Huntington Beach, CA to visit Cleveland Golf and get fit like a pro for a full bag of new sticks.  We will have access to the new line of HB Woods, HB Irons, CBX irons and wedges along with the RTX wedges, Huntington Beach & TFi Putters and Srixon balls and everybody comes home with 14 new clubs driver through putter.

Our two lucky members for this trip are:

McaseyM

Jiro

They will be joined by Golfspy Barbajo and Golfspy Meyer.  We'll be heading out early tomorrow AM and then will have a full afternoon of fitting followed by dinner.  Wednesday morning will be a tour of the HQ followed by a round of golf with our new sticks in the afternoon.

We will all be posting in this thread and you can also follow along on social media via Twitter and Instagram.  Make sure to follow Mygolfspy, Golfspy Barbajo and Golfspy Meyer for all the live action.

Feel free to post questions and comments in this thread as well and we will do our best to get to them.  This is going to be a blast!

Cleveland-CBX-Irons-12-0816.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick funny to get this started.  

I started to lay out some clothes for the trip.  Shorts and short sleeve golf polos.  My wife is watching me and goes "aren't you going to be cold?"  I kind of looked at her funny and then it hit me.  Honey I'm going to Cleveland Golf, not Cleveland, OH.  It's in Huntington Beach, CA.

She had no idea I was headed to Cally.

Awesome stuff! This should be a good time.

Are you guys going to do intro posts at all? Would like to see how your games compare to mine so I know if any of the Cleveland clubs might be a good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

You all have a fun trip out there and looking forward to your experience through this thread!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Get all the lowdown on the Cleveland gear!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Too Cool- Good luck, safe travels and hit em well.  Looking forward to the photos and the results!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I've been waiting for this thread to go live!! Cant wait to follow along with the fun.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Are you guys going to do intro posts at all? Would like to see how your games compare to mine so I know if any of the Cleveland clubs might be a good fit.

It's great to see Cleveland back with a full line up this year. The last couple of years they haven't had irons or metal woods. So currently there are 2 iron models—one appears to be in the GI category and one in the SGI—see pics below—CBX and HB. There is currently only one model for metal woods. That being said, they are meant for higher handicaps. Players club offerings are currently being sold under the Srixon moniker. I have no idea if they plan on keeping this dichotomy but think it would be interesting to ask them about it.

As for me, I am a high handicap that struggles with consistency, like many other high handicaps. So I am excited to try these clubs and see what they can do.

IMG_2259.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Have a blast guys!

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

My game...jack of all trades, master of none.  I'm currently a 5 handicap.  I started the year at a 2.9 and had a great first month.  Then I forgot how to swing for June and July.  Started to get it back for the last couple months of the season.

My bag is in my signature, but I play 4 wedges, 4 irons and then the top of the bag is 3w and hybrids and could be any mix of that.  I also have a 4i I reshafted with a Whiteboard hybrid shaft that spends some time in the lineup.  Depends on playing conditions as to what I put in there.

Generally speaking the driver is a strong point for me.  I hit it decently long for the group of guys I play with.  Maybe 260-280 is a normal drive.  Really bad or really good could be little longer or shorter.  Typically driver doesn't get me in too much trouble.  I have a 3w and hybrids for the long clubs.  They are generally pretty consistent   My irons are also generally decent.  If I'm on I'll hit a lot of greens, if I'm off I spend the day trying to get up and down.  Full swing wedge play is ok, my miss is usually a dig that comes up short.

Where I struggle (or at least would like to improve) is 60yds and in.  I'm not great at taking off distance on shots.  I'd also like to get better with chipping or pitching around the greens.  Putting is streaky, some days I'll make everything and others my distance control is non-existent.  I actually have a putt named after me with the guys I play with.  If you blow the first one by 5-10' and make the combacker it's called a Meyer.

I don't tend to work the ball a lot and play most shots strait.  I can play a draw with driver, and get the occasional snap hook with hybrids, but generally if my ball is going to move it will be a fade.  I have a fairly quick swing/transition.  My miss is typically to get too steep and dig or to get too fast and come over the top.

I don't think I have any one area that I excel at, but also not one major area that I'm terrible at.  Of course all of that can and does easily change from round to round.

Enjoy!!!! This is AWESOMMYSPY

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Have a great time, guys!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Morning boys - biding my time at Logan airport getting ready to head west for today's big adventure. Don't care how old I get, it's still a thrill to look at the Atlantic this morning and then, in a few short hours, look at the Pacific. Big ‘ol jet airliner, do your duty.

My game is basically psychotic - it can go from doing most things well enough to be a 5 To 6 handicap to being a danger to any man, woman or child in a 5 To 6 County area. Right now I'm trending toward the latter. Thank you, fall.

At 57, I'm starting to notice the consistent distance starting to slip. I'm not a big hitter like Meyer, but when I'm playing well 240 To 260 isn't out of the question. Been inconsistent with driver this year, and a buddy says if I would just settle on a club and stick with it I'd be better, butt we all k ow that's not going to happen.

Iron game is usually a strength, but when it goes, it goes hard. Another big struggle all season - which had previously been a strength - is full Wedge shots. Distance has been all over the map, so I'm anxious to see if the CBX wedges can offer some help. Short game is usually ok - and putting is usually a strength as well, although I'm anxious to try the new TFi 8.0 cut down and bent to my specs. That's gonna be sick!!

I'm psyched to meet the gang and hang with my former fellow Minnesotan Meyer. Crazy we have to go to California to hang out - maybe he's been ducking me!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Have fun today guys!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Looking forward to a full report on those CBX wedges. A couple friends who were diehard Vokey guys have made the switch. That has to mean something.

Morning boys - biding my time at Logan airport getting ready to head west for today's big adventure. Don't care how old I get, it's still a thrill to look at the Atlantic this morning and then, in a few short hours, look at the Pacific. Big ‘ol jet airliner, do your duty.

My game is basically psychotic - it can go from doing most things well enough to be a 5 To 6 handicap to being a danger to any man, woman or child in a 5 To 6 County area. Right now I'm trending toward the latter. Thank you, fall.

At 57, I'm starting to notice the consistent distance starting to slip. I'm not a big hitter like Meyer, but when I'm playing well 240 To 260 isn't out of the question. Been inconsistent with driver this year, and a buddy says if I would just settle on a club and stick with it I'd be better, butt we all k ow that's not going to happen.

Iron game is usually a strength, but when it goes, it goes hard. Another big struggle all season - which had previously been a strength - is full Wedge shots. Distance has been all over the map, so I'm anxious to see if the CBX wedges can offer some help. Short game is usually ok - and putting is usually a strength as well, although I'm anxious to try the new TFi 8.0 cut down and bent to my specs. That's gonna be sick!!

I'm psyched to meet the gang and hang with my former fellow Minnesotan Meyer. Crazy we have to go to California to hang out - maybe he's been ducking me!!!

Looking forward to a full report on those CBX wedges. A couple friends who were diehard Vokey guys have made the switch. That has to mean something.

Safe travels - looking forward to this thread!! - Also interested in the CBX wedges- Love my Hogans, but always looking for the next great thing, at perhaps a lower cost point...

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Image1512492458.198052.jpg

First of all, THANK YOU MyGolfSpy!! And of course to my wife for helping make this possible.

Getting up at 4 AM is hard,

Unless you're golfing of course!!

Bag is packed and I meet up with Meyer in Phoenix and Jiro and Barbajo in LA.

The clubs I play are in my signature, Cobra Driver (fitted), 2 hybrids , 4i-PW of Mizuno's first JPX GI series ( fitted), and Mizuno MP T11 wedges and a custom putter based on specs from a quick fitting.

My long game “can” be a strength, but I get killed ( by myself) from 125 Yards and in where I am consistently inconsistent.

I used to play a lot more, but kiddos can change that real quick. Right when my game was really starting to come together, (shooting low 90s, down from the 110s..... seriously) our twins blessed us with their presence almost 6 weeks early. 2 years later, our 3rd daughter was born and time became even shorter.

I've gotten to play some, but squeezing in range sessions on my way to work and occasional rounds have left me needing help.

I'm so excited for this opportunity on so many levels. I am not a good golfer at this point, and I so much want to be better. While I know it is mostly the Indian and not necessarily the arrow, having a properly fit and tuned compound bow can only help matters and am so pumped to get to be fit for clubs that will actually have the best chance to match my (d)evolving game.

Cleveland is obviously known for their wedges, and more recently their putters, and I am intrigued by their return to the rest of the bag with a GI and SGI series of irons, hybrids and woods.

As mentioned in my application for this, my dream set includes a blending set of the launcher and launched HB sets, but I am totally open to what they know will be best for my game. I want to leverage all of their technology and know how to put together a set that will put me in the best position to shave strokes. The CBX wedges were 2 years in the making, built from the ground up, and I can't wait to swing them.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

On my way

Waiting to board my plane here at PDX. Woke up at like 2:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep for some reason—this is going to be fun.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Image1512481432.421948.jpg

A little light reading on the flight

attachicon.gifIMG_3474.JPG

First of all, THANK YOU MyGolfSpy!! And of course to my wife for helping make this possible.

Getting up at 4 AM is hard,

Unless you're golfing of course!!

Bag is packed and I meet up with Meyer in Phoenix and Jiro and Barbajo in LA.

The clubs I play are in my signature, Cobra Driver (fitted), 2 hybrids , 4i-PW of Mizuno's first JPX GI series ( fitted), and Mizuno MP T11 wedges and a custom putter based on specs from a quick fitting.

My long game “can” be a strength, but I get killed ( by myself) from 125 Yards and in where I am consistently inconsistent.

I used to play a lot more, but kiddos can change that real quick. Right when my game was really starting to come together, (shooting low 90s, down from the 110s..... seriously) our twins blessed us with their presence almost 6 weeks early. 2 years later, our 3rd daughter was born and time became even shorter.

I've gotten to play some, but squeezing in range sessions on my way to work and occasional rounds have left me needing help.

I'm so excited for this opportunity on so many levels. I am not a good golfer at this point, and I so much want to be better. While I know it is mostly the Indian and not necessarily the arrow, having a properly fit and tuned compound bow can only help matters and am so pumped to get to be fit for clubs that will actually have the best chance to match my (d)evolving game.

Cleveland is obviously known for their wedges, and more recently their putters, and I am intrigued by their return to the rest of the bag with a GI and SGI series of irons, hybrids and woods.

As mentioned in my application for this, my dream set includes a blending set of the launcher and launched HB sets, but I am totally open to what they know will be best for my game. I want to leverage all of their technology and know how to put together a set that will put me in the best position to shave strokes. The CBX wedges were 2 years in the making, built from the ground up, and I can't wait to swing them.

Great post MCasey!!  Really excited for you and props to the wife for handling the load while you're away...She's a keeper!!

Waiting to board my plane here at PDX. Woke up at like 2:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep for some reason—this is going to be fun.

HA...I'm like you.  Whenever I've had a early flight for a golf trip I have horrible dreams about oversleeping and missing the flight, so I barely get any sleep.   Enjoy the next couple days, take it all in, you can sleep on Friday when you get back home!

Safe travels - looking forward to this thread!! - Also interested in the CBX wedges- Love my Hogans, but always looking for the next great thing, at perhaps a lower cost point...

I currently game the hogan wedges but am really excited about trying the CBX wedges—kind of been drooling over these since they were released. So I'll let you know how they compare.

This is going to be fun to follow!

Have fun today guys!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson