Here is by bag:

Driver: Launcher 9 degree with Miyazaki shaft

Fairway: Laucher 5 wood with Miyazaki shaft

Hybrids: Launcher 3 and 4 hybrids moth Miyazaki shaft

Irons: CBX 5-PW, true temper DG

Wedges: CBX 50, 54, 58

Putter: TFI Cero

All shafts in regular flex.

Thanks again to mygolfspy and Cleveland for an awesome experience.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure their next few hours are going to be chocked full of business. Those are going to be some tired dogs when they get to the hotel. Would be surprised to see much of an update until late.

PS. Thanks to the reviewers for posting intros. Sounds like everyone is stoked for the wedges (including myself) but I think I'm most interested to see how the woods perform since those are typically uneasy waters for Cleveland.

Woods: I liked the woods and was particularly impressed with the driver. It was very high launching—I typically play a 10.5 but was fitted for a 9 degree to get the ball down. I was impressed by the feel of them too—like the feel and ball flight much better than my current gamer—a G30 SF.

Out of all the clubs tested today I was hitting the driver the best—seemed to be one of those days where driver swing was working better for me than irons.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

We're all together - we've been fed and we're at Mesa Verde CC for the fitting. The crew is still inside getting changed - don't know what the holdup is!!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_4849.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4851.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4852.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4853.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4854.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4855.JPG

Looking this good takes time, not all of us can travel so fashionably as BarbaJo

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Indeed she is!

Awesome Mexican dinner tonite - and we have learned that McaseyM is a world class eater. The tacos never had a chance...

attachicon.gifIMG_4894.JPG

It Is Taco Tuesday.... it would be rude to leave any behind.

Got to meet with Brian, senior product manager at dinner, great convo about the development of the CBX wedge, and how great it is working for most players.

We talked a lot about Cleveland's return to irons, woods and hybrids and the philosophy to simplify the offerings and eliminating the adjustability as their research showed it hasn't improved driving distances.

PS- fish tacos at Solita are amazing

On the putters I already knew I wanted to try out the TFI line since I am already gaming a Huntington Beach model. Also since my HB putter is a blade, I wanted to go with a mallet for something different. The Cero head suited my eye the best. The milling pattern in the TFIs is variable with the idea of promoting consistency on miss hits so this tech intrigued me—similar to what a few others are trying to do in putter technology.

I already game a milled widebody blade weighing in at 385, so I started with the TFI 8.0 as it was similar and liked it. Was very accurate from 5-8 feet, but really liked the look of the Rho.

However, after rolling it, it felt too light, and I felt little to no control, so I tried the Elevado, both 35 and 38 counterbalanced and was amazed at the feel and control of the 38 CB. The alignment is easy and the weight just felt right. I will need practice on my lag putting but the putts from 7-8 and in rolled awesome.

My fitting actually started with the wedges and I knew I wanted to try the CBX, but was open to the HB if that was what would be best for me. Started with some lighter shafts, but was a little wild and whippy. Found the correct heavier weight, and then tried a few bounce configurations with the RTX, hitting the lie board and found 3 dot wedges were not a good fit, and went back to the CBX, and after all said and done, found that 3/4 inch long and 1 degree up versus the +1 inch and + 2 Up that I've been playing.

Irons were an extension of the wedges, and the HB were not really brought up. The CBX irons just felt right from the start. We played with shafts and the DG s300 provided the best flight, but the spin was still a bit high. I tried the x100, but lost the good feel. My swing speed out me at the S and X border, so we decided to hard step the S300 and back to the +1 inch and 2 Up.

As for Woods, here's my track man results with the stock stiff Miyazaki 50, the spin was a little high and the shaft felt light, so we beefed it up to match my current driver at 75X

Image1512538323.762748.jpg

I haven't had a fairway wood for some time, and am very excited to put one back in my bag. I like a little lighter than the driver so I can feel the head more, so after unloading on some 3 woods with the stock 50 stiff, we went 65 X in a slightly higher launching shaft.

While I don't have exact gapping, the hybrid is meant to fill the hole between the 3 wood and 4 iron.

Overall, the CBX irons and wedges were easier to hit and get airborne. The feel, when paired with the right shaft, is fantastic. They have a thicker top line, but I really don't care as the performance was what I was focused on. They launch higher than my Mizunos, but distance is not lost. I feel they will be a big upgrade for me.

Probably the best part of today was getting a mini lesson from my fitter Kevin Fitzgerald after the fitting. He felt I had a good swing to shoot lower, and wanted to see where my wedge game was hurting me. He diagnosed my unstable right knee during my backswing and open shoulder alignment, reviewing a few drills to help.

We went over my chipping and pitching, incorporating some of the drills for an inside out swing with focus on should turn. Amazed at the difference.

Anywho, looking forward to checking out HQ, and knocking the ball around Oak Creek in Irvine

You #MURDERED that ball...

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

On the putters I already knew I wanted to try out the TFI line since I am already gaming a Huntington Beach model. Also since my HB putter is a blade, I wanted to go with a mallet for something different. The Cero head suited my eye the best. The milling pattern in the TFIs is variable with the idea of promoting consistency on miss hits so this tech intrigued me—similar to what a few others are trying to do in putter technology.

Did they have you roll balls on any kind of device like the SAM to find a proper fit for your putter?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I am looking forward to the TracMan comparisons of old to new - if that is something that we will get the chance to see...

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I hate you all!  :lol:

Just kidding. Hope you all enjoy the trip and please, for the love of all that's holy, someone put the wood to John because Lord knows, I can't...yet.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So based on what I am seeing the CBX Wedge is worth the upgrade for a 18 handicap from the RTX?

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Spent most of my phone time today on Instagram stories but man has this been a blast.

I went for this for specs.

Driver - HB 9 degree hzrdus yellow 6.0

Fairway - 3 & 5 hzrdus yellow 6.0

Hybrid - 22 degree hzrdus Black 6.0

Irons - CBX 5-PW Nippon Modus 125 stiff

Wedges - 50 & 54 CBX, 58 RTX-3 and same shafts as irons

Putter - TFi Cero, 34” and midsize grip

I did hit the HB irons and like John said they were a blast to hit. Not right for my game but I couldn't stop smiling the whole time I was hitting them.

And as for the sand game with John I'm not admitting defeat until we can see it on the course.

I will however concede the putting contest. He can roll the rock!

I saw your IG stories. Very cool.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Did they have you roll balls on any kind of device like the SAM to find a proper fit for your putter?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

That's what I was wondering also. It seems that two went for feel/something due to being different than what they have now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's what I was wondering also. It seems that two went for feel/something due to being different than what they have now.

Cleveland doesn't really have a formal putter fitting program yet, despite their fairly long history. It's something they're considering developing tho, as they start offering a wider range. Very similar to Wilson in that respect - “here, try these and see which one you like best.”

I had tried the 8.0, and the rest of the line, when we did the First Look article and had really good results with it.

Brian Shellke, the senior product manager, says they're looking into developing a more formal program - it would certainly help.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Cleveland doesn't really have a formal putter fitting program yet, despite their fairly long history. It's something they're considering developing tho, as they start offering a wider range. Very similar to Wilson in that respect - “here, try these and see which one you like best.”

I had tried the 8.0, and the rest of the line, when we did the First Look article and had really good results with it.

Brian Shellke, the senior product manager, says they're looking into developing a more formal program - it would certainly help.

Thanks Barbajo that answers the question I had. Was it the same for shafts in the irons and woods as well? Go with what worked best and was there a good amount of options?

So based on what I am seeing the CBX Wedge is worth the upgrade for a 18 handicap from the RTX?

It's definitely worth a try. The Cleveland folks were saying that they were hearing a lot of stories of people coming in thinking they were wanted RTXs but walking out the door with the CBXs instead after giving them a try.

Between the 4 of us and the 12 wedges we chose—11 of those were CBX vs 1 RTX. This choice probably wasn't a surprise for us two high handicappers but the two low handicappers were impressed enough to go with them as well.

My overall take is that if you are currently using cavity back irons the CBXs are definitely worth a try, they fit seamlessly with the CBX irons in terms of look and feel.

Tacos!!! Socal Mexican food. Man I miss that from when I used to live there.

And what the goodness gracious is that desert?

A fruity bread pudding/muffin of deliciousness, and yes I had to conquer 95% of it solo. Needed to power up for today.

A fruity bread pudding/muffin of deliciousness, and yes I had to conquer 95% of it solo. Needed to power up for today.

It looked incredible.  Great job yesterday by all you guys with the coverage.  Looking forward to following the golf action today. 

Looks like Meyer, Barb, and Cleveland golf are up and running on IG.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

IMG_3494.JPG

Amen

IMG_3492.JPG

HQ fitting studio

IMG_3497.JPG

We have arrived

Oh man....See if Monte is around, if he is tell him I said hello.   He did one of his travelling 3 day clinics at our course last year!!   Guy can play and move a ball!!

IMG_3500.JPG

Opening shot with the 19 hybrid on a long 3.

Opening hole.... par

Nice start!!  

Have fun at Oak Creek. Good little track

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

How's the golf going guys? Hopefully everyone is having a great time!

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Started the day with a par and ended it with one as well, with a few variables inbetween. Heading back to the airport now, will

Will Have time to post once we get there.

If you have Instagram, check out Cleveland Golf, Noelle Z has posted a lot of footage from the day

Love the CBXs

Archived