#196 AH1980MN

AH1980MN

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis burbs, Minnesota

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:03 AM

What were the (driver) numbers with the X shaft?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

#197 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,373 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA
  • Handicap:20+

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

What were the (driver) numbers with the X shaft?

I didn’t get the x stiff on a trackman, as the 50 gram stiff was the only one they had on hand. We went based on what was happening during the fitting with the numbers. The heads on the Launcher line aren’t adjustable and we based the weight and flex profile on my current driver which I play with an Aldila Blue 75x.
I’ve had some range time with it but am so comfortable with my current driver, it’ll take some time to consider a switch.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver: :cobra-small:  Fly-Z+ 10° Aldila Tour Blue 75X

Fairway  :cleveland-small:  Launcher HB 15° 
Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 16.5° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Hybrid:    :cleveland-small:  Launcher HB 19° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :cleveland-small:  CBX 4i - PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300 HS 1x

Putter:  IMG_3071.JPG Honey Badger 34"  &   :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Elevado 38" CB

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star 

#198 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,373 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:50 AM

Image1515736195.905829.jpg

It’s like it was meant for this spot on the new bag.

Image1515770815.226276.jpg

Putter:  IMG_3071.JPG Honey Badger 34"  &   :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Elevado 38" CB

#199 AH1980MN

AH1980MN

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis burbs, Minnesota

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

Gotcha.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

#200 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,373 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

At the fitting, we were generously gifted a sweet swag bag that we quickly perused through before we met without fitter. Once the fitting was over and we got back to our hotel, I got a chance to go through all of it and damn, it is very nice: drawstring Srixon Golf Shoe bag, a black Cleveland Golf hat, a white Srixon tour hat, 2 gloves and 2 dozen balls, along with the Cleveland Wedge book detailing the aspects of wedge shape and design.

IMG_3487.JPG

After checking into our hotel and getting cleaned up, Noelle, Anthony and Zack picked us up for dinner, taking us to a cool Mexican restaurant Solita on the best day of the week: Taco Tuesday. We settled in, ordered some drinks and were joined by Brian Shielke, Senior Product Manager for Cleveland Golf /Srixon USA.

dinner.jpg
from bottom left going lcockwise: Brian Shielke, Mike "Jiro" Dutton, Zack, Anthony, Noelle, Me and Meyer

We discussed many a topic, ranging from new club designs and set ups, one length irons, Cleveland’s departure from the iron and woods game in the recent past, and their return with the CBX and Launcher lines.

At the time of Cleveland pulling out of the iron and metal wood game in 2014ish, the equipment market was just ridiculously flush with product that was being steeply discounted at price points that they couldn’t sustain. Here’s Tony Covey’s 2014 article that sums it all up much better than I can: https://mygolfspy.co...cleveland-golf/

Their market share was minimal (to say the least) in the metal woods and irons, but they still trailed only Vokey in wedges, so they decided to draw back, focus Cleveland into the short game and GI market, expand their wedge offerings and inject much more Srixon into the American consciousness.

Prior to this relaunch, Cleveland had a few lines of wedges to try to meet the need of the golfer. Their traditional blade wedge (the 588/RTX-#) the RTX- CB (cavity back) and the Smart Sole. The CBX was 2 years in the making, built from the ground up and is designed for those of us who play cavity back irons and need some more forgiveness hat the typical blade wedge, and so far the feedback has been amazing, in fact 11/12 wedges from our 4 fittings were CBX,

As for the food, well, let’s just say they have amazing tacos. I did the tour of tacos, sampling pretty much all of their delicious offerings, something BarbaJo was kind enough to highlight. I’m not big on taking food pics, so you can revisit on page 6 of this thread. At the end, it was just up to me to tackle dessert. After the server explained the berry-muffin ice-cream of deliciousness, I had to partake.

After a quick night’s sleep, and breakfast in the morning at the hotel, we were off the Srixon/Cleveland Golf headquarters.

IMG_3488.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

SCX sign .jpg

After getting a few good pics out in front of the building we went inside to the lobby. The Christmas Tree of Balls was artfully built, and just begging to be taken home, but alas, I only had a carry-on. The main lobby had some cool memorabilia and some very interesting clubs, including the biggest headed putter I’ve ever seen (BarboJo and mMeyer have some pics somewhere).

After signing the Non-Disclosure-Agreement.

#201 GolfSpy STUDque

GolfSpy STUDque

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,984 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Handicap:10

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for the follow-up Casey. Seems like that was a memorable experience.

Now that decision time is coming, how many of the clubs from the fitting are knocking gamers out of your bag for the 2018 season?

In my Ogio Pisa:

:ping-small:  G30 LSTec - Tour AD-BB 65X

:ping-small:  i25 - PWR 70X

:cobra-small: King F7 - Fujikura Pro X

:taylormade-small: Tour Preferred MC - KBS Tour S

:vokey-small:   252, 256, 260

MLA Tour Classic - SuperStroke CC Slim 3.0

Find me on Twitter @GolfSpy_STUDque

#202 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,373 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

Now that decision time is coming, how many of the clubs from the fitting are knocking gamers out of your bag for the 2018 season?

The fairway, irons and wedges are in the bag now. The F7 hybrid is tough to beat, I’ve lofted it as low as 16.5 my last two rounds in place of the fairway wood on tight fairway woods and it was awesome. As I get the fairway dialed in, I’ll probably set it to 18.5 or 19 for a showdown. The CBX 4i is amazing though and may have similar length as the hybrid, so we’ll see

#203 Jiro

Jiro

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 793 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:23

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:37 AM

I am sticking with the full bag of Cleveland’s this season. Just got back from Palm Springs where I was able to play two rounds in dry(!!!) conditions with them.
Looking forward to things drying out here up north.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

#204 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,373 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

I am sticking with the full bag of Cleveland’s this season. Just got back from Palm Springs where I was able to play two rounds in dry(!!!) conditions with them.
Looking forward to things drying out here up north.

Nice!! My competitive ($) round with some friends was altered for this weekend, so Im going nearly full Cleveland bag for tomorrow.

#205 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,373 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

Update 4/19/18:

After a few months with the current Miyazaki shafts in the driver (Kaula Kori 7x,) , fairway (Kaula Mizore 7X) and hybrid (Kaula Hybrid 7X) they just weren't working for me. I couldn't match the distance with my driver compared to my Cobra Fly Z+ with the Alidila Tour Blue 75x, and the fairway wasn't getting out as far as my Cobra hybrid with the KBS Tour Proto 95 S+ shaft.  I knew that based on the non-adjustable hosel, that the original fitting would be limited because they didn't have all of the heads with all of the shaft options, an my original fitter Kevin was trying to best match up the weight profile with what had been successful prior ( 75g). The Cleveland Launchers are higher launching heads, so we went with the low launching Miyazaki Kaula Kori 7x, but I just couldn't get the ball to >270 on the driver, 230-240ish on the fairway and 210-220 in the hybrid. 

I had an extra KBS hybrid shaft left from last year's testing, so i installed in the hybrid and I am getting a better launch. With my irons having Hard stepped S300s, I think the KBS 95 S+ hybrid shaft better matched than the 75X  Miyazaki. My issue is that it is still only a few yards farther than my 4i, which is at 20 degrees. Based on the very low lofts on the irons which puts the PW at 44 and my next wedge at 50, i am considering have all of the irons bent 1 degree weak, keeping the loft gapping the same, slightly shortening my distances, but getting the PW to 45 and getting the 5 degree gaps (50, 55 and 60) I have used on all of my wedges for the last few years. This is TBD, based on how my next few rounds go. 

After discussing with our contact at  Cleveland, she spoke with the fitters and they recommended that I go get re-fit to compare the following:

Kuro Kage HBP 6X

HZRDUS Red 75 6.0

HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.0

Well, after all testing and hitting the shafts based on what was available to hit (they didn't have the 75g shafts) , we found that the HZRDS Yellow 65X was the best fit. The Kuro kage was difficult for me to control, sending almost every shot into the right side simulator weeds. With the HZRDS yellow 65X (6.5) I was piping it well, carrying in the 280 range with additional roll taking int to 310-320 ( yeah was an indoor simulator, so i take the distance with a few grains of salt) but most importantly, it was staying in the simulator fairway. Also even though the HZRDS yellow is a lower launching shaft, the lighter weight at 65G will bring the ball up a bit more versus the 75g. 

I am in the process of getting the shafts sent for install and will update once they arrive and I get everything set. 

At the time of our fittings, we were told to contact them if we needed anything like modifications/changes if the clubs weren't working. I know they want to showcase their stuff and the irons and wedges have been so fantastic. The fitting limitations of not being able to directly try the x stiff shafts in the woods and hybrids was the biggest limitation from the fitting experience, but I am so grateful to Noelle at SRX for the great communication and service.  

#206 jlukes

jlukes

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,504 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Handicap:5

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

Great stuff Casey. Love the hzrdus yellow shaft. Have it in both my driver and fairway

And incredible job by the folks at Cleveland/srixon making sure that they are putting their best foot in forward

In my Sun Mountain 2017 3.5LS

:cobra-small: F8+ 10.5* HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.0
:titelist-small: 818 H2 19* Fujikura ATMOS HB Tour Spec 8S
:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0
:vokey-small: SM7 50.08 F - 54.10 S - 60.12 D
5WoCG8Y.jpgER2
:taylormade-small: TP5x

#207 yungkory

yungkory

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI
  • Handicap:11

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:29 PM

Great to see that they're still working with you months after the visit

Driver: :callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5 Graphite Design TP6S
3w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S
3i: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi NS Pro Modus3 105 S
Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour NS Pro Modus3 105 S
Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 52.10, 56.10 & 60.08
Putter: Evnroll ER2 355g @ 33"
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Apr
    RiccisDeli

Hey guys! New member here, been following MyGolfSpy for a while and love the content. I'm a current contributor to the golf site Golficity - would love to review some product here and meet new golf fans on here. Just saying Hi to all :)

View All Updates

Our Sponsors