TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope V2.0

ddryan

2 hours ago, B81Smith said:

I recommended they extend the range on sensors - 6-8 inches at least - AND make it a touch screen.

Sorry you had a negative experience with it..... But those are two good suggestions - did you submit them to ShotScope support?

Not sure about the touchscreen, tho .. that might add a lot to the co$t..? But it would be a nice option.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Yea I have no idea. I usually don’t take more than 1 practice swing. Their advice not mine is to take as many practice swings as possible because it makes the algorithm work better.

I really tried and from the quick responses it seems many like it but I can’t believe it picks up everything. Also on mine the battery would be at 10% after 18 holes. No way would it last more than 1 round.
Yes mine also added the occasional shot I cannot explain.

Yes I submitted the suggestions via email, support, a survey and on the return form. Lol. They cannot miss it. Regular price on this is 259 now on sale for 189 and almost each month they have a sale for 159. Garmin has a comparative product that’s like 400!!!! So I’d say they can get a touch screen for not much more money and just stick to 259 because that’s how much it’ll cost. Either that or maybe a combination of buttons that lock all buttons until it’s time to collect the putts. Putting is the only time I wouldn’t somehow hit the GD next hole button. I could literally pronate my wrist and show folks I could change holes in my backswing and it was any further up my arm it would be way outside the 10cm range. So there was no appeasing the darn thing. It didn’t like me. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

I think one of the biggest issues with the next hole button is wearing a glove. I had the same issue because I was wearing a glove for the first time in about 3 or 4 years. Took the glove off around hole 8 last week and didn't have the next hole issue again.

I usually take 2 practice swings but I've also done what I've seen @MaxEntropy do...wave the club around in the air like he's fighting off bees!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Yea.  I just think V3 will be heads n tails above the V2 hopefully.  Or I assume if they don't come out with a new one, maybe upgrades to current software will be the trick.  The range needs extending, the button issue needs to be fixed - 99% of folks wear a glove! so not wearing one will be a complete melt down deal breaker clubs flying out of my hand style.  I did think to maybe try making odd fake swings to get the shots recorded, maybe even taking the watch off, grabbing it for every shot, holding it on the grip and making a swing before returning it to cart/bag and then making a real practice swing and playing the shot - BUT COME ON THEIR CLAIM TO FAME IS FORGETTING THIS IS ALL HAPPENING, DOING NOTHING AND PLAYING! lol  So doing too much extra especially during a state tournament was a bit much for me.  Really sucks giving it back but it was way more hassle than it was worth.  I'll get the next version.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 4 weeks later...

So sorry to hear about your experience BB.

Other than driver I’m pretty much a no practice swing guy or a gentle one when I do.

I’ve only had one missed shot in 3 rounds. It had the pin in the wrong bag place and gave me one less putt.

If it gets the flag wrong how do you change it? Also is there a way to edit after the round is accepted? I forgot a positional shot that’s now skewing my 8 irons, approaches and approach from bunkers category

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

8 hours ago, revkev said:

I forgot a positional shot

Yeah, me too. I must remember that!

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

12 hours ago, revkev said:

If it gets the flag wrong how do you change it? Also is there a way to edit after the round is accepted? I forgot a positional shot that’s now skewing my 8 irons, approaches and approach from bunkers category

Yes, in post-round editing - which I strongly suggest doing on your PC - you can move the flag by clicking on it and dragging to a new spot. And, yes - you can go back into a round that has been signed off and re-edit (and sign off again).

Positional shots - yes, unless you go through each hole in post-round editing and mark any and all positional shots* as such they *will* count as Approaches and skew your stats......

Edit:

* Including all Par 5s where you're not going for it in 2, and any other hole you choose to lay up on, and any other hole where you hit a wayward shot and had to punch out, etc.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Yes, in post-round editing - which I strongly suggest doing on your PC - you can move the flag by clicking on it and dragging to a new spot. And, yes - you can go back into a round that has been signed off and re-edit (and sign off again).
Positional shots - yes, unless you go through each hole in post-round editing and mark any and all positional shots* as such they *will* count as Approaches and skew your stats......
Edit:
* Including all Par 5s where you're not going for it in 2, and any other hole you choose to lay up on, and any other hole where you hit a wayward shot and had to punch out, etc.

Thanks -

I’m having an issue after today’s round. The data is there but I can neither save it nor edit it - and it needs editing - several first putts were missed. (Sometimes it thinks I’m on the green and I’m not - I have to watch for that)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

10 hours ago, revkev said:

Thanks -

I’m having an issue after today’s round. The data is there but I can neither save it nor edit it - and it needs editing - several first putts were missed. (Sometimes it thinks I’m on the green and I’m not - I have to watch for that)

Rev,

In my experience over the past year, even with the update, is that you can go back and edit any round you want as many times as you want, even after it is saved.  As has been mentioned before, editing should be done on a PC.  Doing it on a touch based device (phone/tablet) will turn a sober man into a connoisseur of the finest plastic bottled bourbon .

I am curious to troubleshoot your saving and editing issues.   This is may be the wrong question to ask so please forgive me.  Can you walk me through the steps you take in your attempts to edit or save the data?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

10 hours ago, revkev said:

(Sometimes it thinks I’m on the green and I’m not - I have to watch for that)

I've seen that, too; I suspect minor position marking errors may be due to the device's GPS +/- accuracy.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Another issue was walking across a green in order to chip or pitch it will say you’re on the green even if you walk like 10-20 yards off the green it wouldn’t change. Just show the dang collect pin screen. Hit next hole and back works but maybe clears out all shots on that particular hole. Idk. Sent mine back a while back. Wanting the next version badly.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Customizing:
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Another issue was walking across a green in order to chip or pitch it will say you’re on the green even if you walk like 10-20 yards off the green it wouldn’t change. Just show the dang collect pin screen. Hit next hole and back works but maybe clears out all shots on that particular hole. Idk. Sent mine back a while back. Wanting the next version badly.

I was concerned about this at first but have found that it goes back to the prior screen if I walk off the green.

I agree that there could be subtle differences in green sizes due to mapping issues. Yesterday all the greens were larger than what they accounted for but I believe that’s because the greens on the course that I played were redone two summers ago. I really noticed how much larger they were for the first time yesterday.
@Stroker -I got it!!! I sent an email and support sent me a couple of articles that resolved the issue for me. I am using a touch device so it can be maddening. :)

Fortunately I have enough experience with technology to know that it will get easier the more that I use it and the “errors” are almost always user errors. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

I tried and returned SS2.  It missed a bunch of shots, pin locations, etc. in the several rounds I played with it.  It's a great idea, and if it worked as it should, it would be a great tool.  But as is, it wasn't for me.  

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

Sadly, I'm starting to fall out of love with mine... I'm concerned about the GPS accuracy but a bit more unhappy with all the required post-round editing. 

I'd started a separate thread looking for feedback on just how other ShotScope users are looking at their stats, and just how any insights are informing or changing your practice time and/or game plans....

I get that the tour pros need to slice and dice and drill down into every detail ad infinitum, and perhaps in the future it may be important to me to know if I'm in the right rough 140 yards out I have a better percentage with X club vs Y club ... but for me and where I'm at with my game I need to work on keeping my golf ball where I can see it within the confines of the golf course property 🤣

So, for (real) example... I already know (1) I need to improve my fairway accuracy. I already know (2) I miss greens short; but then I also know I miss at least as many right and left though pin-high - so I need to work on my approach shot dispersion. And I already know (3) that I'm very likely to 3-putt when starting from more than 30 feet away - so I need to work on, yeah, lag putting / distance control but also approach shot proximity plus chipping accuracy from off the green.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

10 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

I get that the tour pros need to slice and dice and drill down into every detail ad infinitum, and perhaps in the future it may be important to me to know if I'm in the right rough 140 yards out I have a better percentage with X club vs Y club ... but for me and where I'm at with my game I need to work on keeping my golf ball where I can see it within the confines of the golf course property 🤣

So, for (real) example... I already know (1) I need to improve my fairway accuracy. I already know (2) I miss greens short; but then I also know I miss at least as many right and left though pin-high - so I need to work on my approach shot dispersion. And I already know (3) that I'm very likely to 3-putt when starting from more than 30 feet away - so I need to work on, yeah, lag putting / distance control but also approach shot proximity plus chipping accuracy from off the green.

This pretty well sums up my experience with shot tracking devices at this point in time. The primary value they provide to me anymore is distance. I know my strengths are driving and putting. Approach shots need some work and Short game needs some MORE work.

At this point, traditional stats work just fine alongside changes in score and handicap as a means of using metrics to gauge improvement. I've even plugged all the handicap formulas into a spreadsheet so I can track my handicap without forking out money to the USGA every year. It means my handicap isn't official, but considering I've played in absolutely zero tournaments where one was required, I'm not concerned.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I'm still a fan. As far as GPS accuracy, at my level, it does not matter is it is off a few yards - if I knew I could hit my clubs a precise distance every time, it may be bothersome, but until that time I really like looking at my wrist versus pulling out my phone.

I honestly sort of enjoy the post round editing, although I have not had to make too many changes that weren't the result of me doing something dumb (like forgetting to pin collect or changing clubs at the last second). For the most part, all I usually have to do is make sure putt locations are approximately correct and that all the little baby chips registered.

I do feel like the putt tracking needs to be better. As I have started looking at putts from different angles more frequently, the system seems to assign a putt location to something that is a very strange place, like I was putting away from the hole or 90 degrees away.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

This pretty well sums up my experience with shot tracking devices at this point in time.

Yeah .. thx for that. I'd attended a clinic in January where they were pretty adamant about the need for shot tracking; didn't think it was for me, vs more advanced players, but sounded like I needed to give it a try.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

As far as GPS accuracy, at my level, it does not matter is it is off a few yards

Yes, agreed but .. I suspect it may occasionally impact, for example, whether it records that you hit a green or the fringe, or hit a fairway or were just off.

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

the system seems to assign a putt location to something that is a very strange place

Are you taking practice strokes with your putter.. next to the ball .. before each putt? If not, that might be a part of the problem..?

And agree, too, putting .. and all .. stats could be more robust, and more flexible in how you're able to view them (future updates?).

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

25 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Are you taking practice strokes with your putter.. next to the ball .. before each putt? If not, that might be a part of the problem..?

Yes, but my routine seems more like DJ with quick little waves of the putter when I'm next to the ball. I suspect when i am looking at a putt from the side I may be subconsciously swinging my putter as I look. I'll have to pay more attention.

Tap-ins, I do nothing but walk up and tap it in.

15 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I suspect when i am looking at a putt from the side I may be subconsciously swinging my putter as I look. I'll have to pay more attention.

Hmmm, yeah you should test if that's affecting it. 

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

We have anything going as a group of MGS???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

We have anything going as a group of MGS???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What do you mean? There's an MGS leader board if that's what you're talking about. 

In the bag:

Bag: 

15 minutes ago, MattF said:

What do you mean? There's an MGS leader board if that's what you're talking about. 

What's the code to join? I couldn't find it...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

4 hours ago, Kanoito said:

What's the code to join? I couldn't find it...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/26244-shotscope-leaderboard-for-mgs-now-available/?tab=comments#comment-482108

It's MYGSPY

In the bag:

Bag: 

I have now played 140 holes with the ShotScope. As I've mentioned at other times, I haven't learned much in terms of what is wrong with my game, but I believe these stats shows me something....

708402758_ScoringSummary06242019.png.3843c33132e5d439edc943ea3eafab5e.png

The round above was yesterday - I shot an 84 (par 71) with 29 putts (if you saw my post in the Stroke Lab thread, you'll recall I reported 30 putts, but found a hole that, for some reason, kept reporting as a 3-putt that was not). I had 3, 3, 4, 2 on the par 3's and 5, 5, 6 on the par 5's. For the season so far, I am less than bogey on par 3's and par 5's and over bogey on par 4's. Why is that? I would contend that it is an indication that my iron game is a strength but tee shots are my struggle. Even though I miss as many fairways on par 5's, the extra shot gives me time to recover and apparently the recovery shots are generally successful. My current rate of up-and-downs for the season is 40% (inside 50 yards) so I know I have a reasonable chance at getting home in two once I am close to or on the green. Why aren't the recovery shots as successful on par 4's? I would guess it's a psychological thing where I try to do too much to get too close instead of taking my medicine and playing for a bogey.

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I have now played 140 holes with the ShotScope. As I've mentioned at other times, I haven't learned much in terms of what is wrong with my game, but I believe these stats shows me something....

The round above was yesterday - I shot an 84 (par 71) with 29 putts (if you saw my post in the Stroke Lab thread, you'll recall I reported 30 putts, but found a hole that, for some reason, kept reporting as a 3-putt that was not). I had 3, 3, 4, 2 on the par 3's and 5, 5, 6 on the par 5's. For the season so far, I am less than bogey on par 3's and par 5's and over bogey on par 4's. Why is that? I would contend that it is an indication that my iron game is a strength but tee shots are my struggle. Even though I miss as many fairways on par 5's, the extra shot gives me time to recover and apparently the recovery shots are generally successful. My current rate of up-and-downs for the season is 40% (inside 50 yards) so I know I have a reasonable chance at getting home in two once I am close to or on the green. Why aren't the recovery shots as successful on par 4's? I would guess it's a psychological thing where I try to do too much to get too close instead of taking my medicine and playing for a bogey.

A lot of Par 4s probably leave you with 160-180 yards to the green while Par 5s do give you an extra buffer shot so that the approach shot should be well within 130 yards.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Nice! Great progress 👍

And interesting insight from your data, hope it translates into more positives on the course!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

32 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

A lot of Par 4s probably leave you with 160-180 yards to the green while Par 5s do give you an extra buffer shot so that the approach shot should be well within 130 yards.

Yeah, great point! Have to remind myself to take an "extra shot" on long Par 4s and play for bogey, not for par - ie  within my capabilities.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2017 at 8:44 PM, ddryan said:

I have had some time to both play a few rounds, and look at my results on the Shotscope2.0.  Overall, I am very pleased with the product.  It is easy to use, captures the strokes you make, and the dashboard product (which records your rounds, shot by shot, along with an overlay on top of a GPS enabled map on your laptop computer) is a very good tool for reviewing your round. 

I recommended the product for a golfing buddy of mine, and, frankly, I was a little concerned after the first round, but as we both became more skilled with the product, and more used to how it operates, I have become even more of a fan, as has he.  It is not as intuitive as some devices (think Iphone) but certainly not as difficult as learning to drive ( a car or golf ball!!!)

Here are my more specific thoughts about the ShotScope 2.0

Great product that does exactly what it claims it does- captures and tracks your shots, records your rounds and provides individual round and annual assessments on your game, allowing you to identify and practice on your weak areas, to get value out of your practice.

The ShotScope support team are as close as an email, and while they strive to answer emails within 48 hours, I have almost always received a return email within 12 hours or less.  That does not mean the issue is resolved, but I know they are looking at the issue.

There have been a few hiccups on the way- first, at my home course, (clearly they mapped via commercially available GPS imagery) they made a minor mistake, erroneously marking the putting green as White 9 (we have three 9 hole courses - Red, White, and Blue), so GPS distance on White 9 is off.  I have identified this and the technician who will fix this problem emailed me and thanked me for identifying the issue and said it would be resolved.

I mentioned the time (drawn from overhead satellites) which currently displays Greenwich Mean Time, vice the local time, which the technician assured will be resolved  in the next software update.

Similarly I mentioned the fact that currently the display only includes distance to front, middle and back of green.  This is great, especially considering it is variable based on where  you are approaching from, however I would like to have information on hazards (bunkers, water hazards, OB, etc, and distance to runout into the rough thru the fairway.  These,  I am told, are also planned for the next software update.

I have a difficult time remembering to tap the button to "capture the "Pin Collect" putt counting process, and often walk off the green before remembering.  Once again, this is not an issue, as you can review and  revise this once you download the round to your computer.  Editing this information on the Dashboard is, in fact, very intuitive and actually quite a bit of fun!  You not only get a chance to re-live the round, but make sure that what the Shotscope thinks you hit is correct (I have occasionally had a mis-reading or extra swing counted- only rarely is it a "Mulligan").  The device provides accurate feedback, and helps you realize what your club distances are.  Frankly, it is a bit humbling, although I believe that the more data into the system, the more accurate the readings will be. 

More than ever, this is a great tool and a great piece of equipment that every serious golfer should have!

So almost a year later - are you still happy with your purchase? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

18 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

So almost a year later - are you still happy with your purchase? 

Good question, also curious to hear.

(..I've benched mine for the time being - really want to focus on playing the game; and, honestly, felt like I was spending a lot of time in post-round editing...)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg