TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope V2.0

ddryan

Received the V2 for Christmas and have about 20 rounds tracked with it. The accuracy has been almost identical to my laser, and I don't bother pulling the laser out anymore when playing with the V2. I'm not good enough to notice 1-2 yard differences in any case. 

It doesn't miss many shots, but nearly every round when I review shots it will randomly insert driver for my club selection on a par-3 when I used a 7 or 8 iron. 

There have also been issues losing contact with satellites in the middle of the round. Most of my rounds are in the front range in Colorado, and I think most of these issues are attributable to the mountains. I played in Seattle in March and had no issues. It's an easy fix when it happens, exit the round and then reenter, but it may be something to consider if you live near mountains. I played in a scramble yesterday and only used the GPS feature and didn't lose signal once, so this issue may have been addressed with the recent firmware update. 

The putting tracking seems accurate. It says I leave a lot of putts short, and I know that's accurate.There is a lot of value in the short game usage stats, especially when thinking about club selection and up and down percentages. 

Overall I've been happy with the device and it's interesting to look at the round after the fact. I think I need to do more work digging into the results to find areas to improve. 

So how was it out on the course?

I just received one of these. I plan on getting out with it Friday. Looking forward to see how it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Got 27 holes in with this over the weekend and I'm impressed. I can't say it enough. This thing truly takes over once you turn it on. Absolutely fantastic! :-)

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

The "challenge" with this - or any other tracking device - seems to be putting.

First, they have no idea where the pin is on that particular day (why would they?) so it takes some sort of manual intervention to determine how long/short your putts are and how well you putt.  

Outside of the putting challenges I think that this is great.  I wonder how/if they can somehow automagically determine where the pin is once you get on the green?

What do you do now to establish?  I thought you hold the watch over the hole and press a button or something?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I don't think there's any way they'd ever know where the pin is on every course. Much too much effort on both the courses and ShotScope's part.

But right now, all you do is hit a button right by the hole after you are done putting. You can hit one of the four corner buttons for 0, 1, 2, or 3. It's extremely simple and consumes literally no time at all. It automatically goes to the putting screen as soon as you step on the green. It's probably the simplest putting tracker that could ever be.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't think there's any way they'd ever know where the pin is on every course. Much too much effort on both the courses and ShotScope's part.

But right now, all you do is hit a button right by the hole after you are done putting. You can hit one of the four corner buttons for 0, 1, 2, or 3. It's extremely simple and consumes literally no time at all. It automatically goes to the putting screen as soon as you step on the green. It's probably the simplest putting tracker that could ever be.

what do you do if your group tells you "that's good" when you putt it close from a long way and toss your ball to you?

Sorry guys... I need to go stand next to the hole for my tracker.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

what do you do if your group tells you "that's good" when you putt it close from a long way and toss your ball to you?

Sorry guys... I need to go stand next to the hole for my tracker.

Yeah pretty much. Or you just hit the 2 putt button and don't worry about that hole's stats. You you don't have to hit it right after you putt. So say you putt out and don't hit the button by the hole, and then 3 others putt out, you can still go back and hit the putt button next to the hole. Essentially, you only need to be 2 ft or closer to the hole because anything inside 2 ft is a 2 ft putt for statistical purposes.

I was grabbing the flag stick a lot. Gets you where you need to go

Got 27 holes in with this over the weekend and I'm impressed. I can't say it enough. This thing truly takes over once you turn it on. Absolutely fantastic! :-)

Told you you'd like it

Driver: Epic Flash 9* with UST V2 5F4 shaft

Fairway Woods: EF 3W and Rogue Heavenwood

Hybrid: 2019 BB 4Hybrid

Irons: Tour B H1 Hybrid Forged Irons 6-AW with Recoil shafts

Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 54* -PM Grind 2.0 wedge, 58*

Putter: Toulon Garage Atlanta

Love this thing.... although it's not doing a great job of tracking my putts on the green. Seems to have me all over the place...and not really near where I am.

Also, today, it didn't have a bunch of the hazards listed on the course I played. Which isn't ideal. Still great at tracking shots though.

I purchased this last month and have logged about 15 rounds with it.  Felt it would help others to relay more details about the plus and minus that others here may not have mentioned.

Accuracy:  the original course settings were from the course four years ago.  I contacted customer service, and they did get it updated.  Unfortunately there are still a number of errors.  These include : at least one green completely mislocated, one fairway with the wrong measurements.  Also, the new hazard feature seems to have incorrect information on location about 40% of the time by 5-10 yards...  Unfortunately this has resulted in times where I hit a great shot and subsequently lose the ball into water (fyi, all comments are in relation to home course so know it well).

Shot tracking: this is shotscope's strength.  It really catches all shots very well.  Even on the green.  If arrchos fails on the putting, then shotscope has a major advantage here.  

Watch itself:  the size is bigger than you would think.  I agree with others that it does not become a distraction once you start golfing.  but due to the size it can be a bit annoying (for me) on hot days.  

Bugs: I continue to have a few issues with the software on the watch.  It does not seem to like some cords for charging.  Nothing worse than getting ready to go and not having a charge.  

Extra swings: One major concern I had was that sometimes I like to reputt, or take a mulligan for whatever reason.  Remember golf is supposed to be fun - and I found myself scared to do so as I don't want to have to go online and remove shots, etc very often.  After a lot of experimenting, I found that if you don't move from the original spot - it seems as though it does only register one shot.  Once figuring this out, I was able to relax and just go have fun.  So, concern alleviated.  (this is really relevant early in the year as I live up north)

Software Analysis:  so this is where I have the biggest concerns at this time.  If you study the previously shared charts - the data looks impressive.  And it is.  But I would contend that it is missing what you really want to see.

Data that would be better:

1) sortable by hole , not currently able to do this

2) approach shots without woods and hybrids / 3 iron.  Get shots from other clubs then would at least be somewhat close...

3) putting charts by hole.  put the hole into quadrants and show putts in relation to hole in that quadrants - long/short/left right pct.  

4) add legends.  data without legends currently so don't what we are looking at.

5) consistency of look  across data.   meaning it has no logical presentation.

6) trend analysis.  none currently available.  Am I getting more accurate over the last month? less?  Impossible to know with this at this time (okay, you can look at year vs last 5 days, but not see a trend)

Summary:

Shotscope is good, not great.  I have been on the fence about keeping it.  The biggest concerns are inaccurate gps data and lack of good data organization in software.  

If they added data by holes and trend analysis and course accuracy - this would be a solid product.  Unfortunately it sounds like (per their staff email to me) they just don't have the priorities of these items.  Hole information may be end of year/next year.... 

I purchased this last month and have logged about 15 rounds with it. Felt it would help others to relay more details about the plus and minus that others here may not have mentioned.

Accuracy: the original course settings were from the course four years ago. I contacted customer service, and they did get it updated. Unfortunately there are still a number of errors. These include : at least one green completely mislocated, one fairway with the wrong measurements. Also, the new hazard feature seems to have incorrect information on location about 40% of the time by 5-10 yards... Unfortunately this has resulted in times where I hit a great shot and subsequently lose the ball into water (fyi, all comments are in relation to home course so know it well).

Shot tracking: this is shotscope's strength. It really catches all shots very well. Even on the green. If arrchos fails on the putting, then shotscope has a major advantage here.

Watch itself: the size is bigger than you would think. I agree with others that it does not become a distraction once you start golfing. but due to the size it can be a bit annoying (for me) on hot days.

Bugs: I continue to have a few issues with the software on the watch. It does not seem to like some cords for charging. Nothing worse than getting ready to go and not having a charge.

Extra swings: One major concern I had was that sometimes I like to reputt, or take a mulligan for whatever reason. Remember golf is supposed to be fun - and I found myself scared to do so as I don't want to have to go online and remove shots, etc very often. After a lot of experimenting, I found that if you don't move from the original spot - it seems as though it does only register one shot. Once figuring this out, I was able to relax and just go have fun. So, concern alleviated. (this is really relevant early in the year as I live up north)

Software Analysis: so this is where I have the biggest concerns at this time. If you study the previously shared charts - the data looks impressive. And it is. But I would contend that it is missing what you really want to see.

Data that would be better:

1) sortable by hole , not currently able to do this

2) approach shots without woods and hybrids / 3 iron. Get shots from other clubs then would at least be somewhat close...

3) putting charts by hole. put the hole into quadrants and show putts in relation to hole in that quadrants - long/short/left right pct.

4) add legends. data without legends currently so don't what we are looking at.

5) consistency of look across data. meaning it has no logical presentation.

6) trend analysis. none currently available. Am I getting more accurate over the last month? less? Impossible to know with this at this time (okay, you can look at year vs last 5 days, but not see a trend)

Summary:

Shotscope is good, not great. I have been on the fence about keeping it. The biggest concerns are inaccurate gps data and lack of good data organization in software.

If they added data by holes and trend analysis and course accuracy - this would be a solid product. Unfortunately it sounds like (per their staff email to me) they just don't have the priorities of these items. Hole information may be end of year/next year....

Still so much room for improvement with these devices. To your comment about heat related comfort, that's one reason why I can't do any kind of watch in Louisiana. 75% of rounds are played in hot weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Nice reviews. Detailed. Informative.

Over the past few years I've kind of done a 360 regarding my overall approach to playing this game. I didn't think the Shot Scope looked great from the start. Too bulky. I don't even wear a wrist watch any longer. Never did when I played golf. Anway...

I'm not necessarily against golf technology as I use a GPS and a LRF. However, I don't personally want or need to track every shot or even feel the need to do so*. Surprisingly I have a mind, body, and hands that tell me much more than any sensor ever can. I was several years ago an early adopter of Game Golf when it first arrived on the scene. It was a bust in most aspects and I sold it in a hurry. To this day IMO these types of technology have many misgivings.

Bad days on the course missing fairways left/right or approaches coming up short or even putting. I know the cause and I can resolve/correct it. I see what actually happened. I don't need a sensor to graph it for me. Oh but Plaid, if you could see the "data" from many rounds you'd see a pattern develop. No doubt. The same thing I already know.

As some of you know I'm 63 and played most of my career with NO technology of any kind. But I do like my GPS and LRF. It's been helpful for sure. Now, if I had the services of Shot Link like the TV golfers we watch each weekend have... I'm all in**. All I have to do is go out and play and afterwards they provide me some information. If I want it. Although I'd already know I missed 3 fairways right or missed two 4 footers. Anyone care to guess that Jordan Spieth knows he's missing short putts without data being presented to him?

Perhaps a day will come especially for you younger guys where a tracking system is installed around your course. (Not sure what that looks like really) You might clip on your belt a small coin/sensor and away you go. Afterwards the data is available to you. You can have this information as a subscription or a pay as you go service. You'd be able to get an after round printout with data and graphics, have it sent to your phone, computer or all of the above. Sound like science fiction? So did cell phones, internet, Wifi, computers, and ... Shot Scope. This type of stuff is in its infancy. So who knows where it might eventually lead. But do we want it? Do we need it? Is it really necessary to play this game successfully or to improve your game? It's all debatable I suppose.

* With currently available devices

** they do nothing but play their game and someone - something (Shot Link) does the work for them.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently thinking of buying the V2 so thanks for the reviews on here.

Can anyone advise me what the battery life is like with the watch?

I previously tested Arccos tags and returned them due to it draining the battery on my phone too quickly meaning if i wasn't going home to charge my phone it was out of action for the rest of the day.

I'm sure the watch would last one round no problem, but has anyone tried to play 2 rounds in a day?

Would i need to charge the watch when I stop for lunch if playing twice?

I'm currently thinking of buying the V2 so thanks for the reviews on here.

Can anyone advise me what the battery life is like with the watch?

I previously tested Arccos tags and returned them due to it draining the battery on my phone too quickly meaning if i wasn't going home to charge my phone it was out of action for the rest of the day.

I'm sure the watch would last one round no problem, but has anyone tried to play 2 rounds in a day?

Would i need to charge the watch when I stop for lunch if playing twice?

I've gotten in 2 rounds in one day before...but they were both 3 hour rounds. Also, I've found that if it's a cloudy, or especially windy day, the battery drains a tad quicker. I feel like those elements mess with the GPS trying to grab a signal and lead to the quicker battery drain.

Shotscope has a 15% off sale right now if anyone is still on the ledge. And a 28 day return policy, no questions asked.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone been able to replace the band? My dog chewed up my band past the point of usefulness. I was unable to get Shot Scope to send me just the band. They did offer to have me send the watch back and get a replacement at a discount, but I would much rather replace the band as it would potentially be much less expensive.

Sounds like this product is dying out?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I'm not sure it's dying out. I just think a good portion of the country is under snow or in winter weather. It's been almost 4 months since I've been able to use mine last. It's still a fantastic product in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, Sluggo42 said:

I'm not sure I'd say that.
Half the golfing world is still on winter break.

They are releasing new Firmware currently, I'm on the Beta program and they've publicly released the more recent set of updates and just provided a new Beta firmware which helps with battery life, speed of GPS signal location and some of the new rules of golf (built in search timer).

I use it every single round still and I think, of it's kind, it's still the best distance and shot tracking system on the market at present (personal opinion).

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

5 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

I use it every single round still and I think, of it's kind, it's still the best distance and shot tracking system on the market at present (personal opinion). 

I second this opinion.  It's not perfect but it is VERY good.  I just played a round recently with another guy that had one, which is extremely rare because SC has now become Seattle with the enormous amounts of rain we continue to receive.  Hardly dying out. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• 1 month later...

Great deal right now from MGS if you're looking. I love this thing!Screenshot_20190329-140023.jpeg

48 minutes ago, dhartmann34 said:

Great deal right now from MGS if you're looking

Yeah, I got that email this morning .. hemmed and hawed for 2-3 seconds .. and jumped in!

Been looking at this for a while, plus via a link on that sale page you could order through Amazon where I have some Rewards points that I could apply.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Does it work if the watch isn't on your wrist? What if I put it on a belt loop or just in my pocket? I don't need the GPS, I have a rangefinder, I just want something to track shots and give me stats.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Nope. Has to be on your wrist.

Does it work if the watch isn't on your wrist? What if I put it on a belt loop or just in my pocket? I don't need the GPS, I have a rangefinder, I just want something to track shots and give me stats.
Nope. Has to be on your wrist

2 minutes ago, dhartmann34 said:

Nope. Has to be on your wrist

Bummer, that thing would look ridiculous on my bony wrists. Like I was wearing a television as a watch!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Bummer, that thing would look ridiculous on my bony wrists. Like I was wearing a television as a watch!
Yeah I thought the same thing at first. But after the first month or two of playing with it I don't even notice it anymore. The nice thing is you get a 28-day free trial. So you can send it back if you really don't like it or it's not comfortable.

Alright, I still haven’t signed-up for the MGS group, so how do I do that???

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Alright, I still haven’t signed-up for the MGS group, so how do I do that???

Go to the menu on the app. Then hit the compete section. Then hit the + sign to enter the MGS code to join.