Thanks for all the helpful comments guys - yes dhartman was correct - I would forget to tag my clubs against my belt or device or however that is done - this seems like a one and done process - I'm very happy to learn that I could do the putter manually as the last thing that I would need is to be drilling anything. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, revkev said:

last thing that I would need is to be drilling anything.

...except long putts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The extra tags they include is brilliant! Not just for testing/comparing other clubs, but I have a set of older wedges in a Sunday bag that I like to use on one or two of the Par 3 courses I go to, so now I can include them in round vs round reviews.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

The extra tags they include is brilliant! Not just for testing/comparing other clubs

I agree! I have the extras in my old Adams driver, Callaway 3W, Taylor Made hybrid, and Mizuno gap wedge. Now all I need is time and weather to cooperate so I can start getting numbers to compare.

• Like 2

Chanin is going to bloody kill me, but I just ordered mine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MattF said:

Ha ha blame it on the group here ... We all made you do it! 🤣

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, MattF said:

Tell her it's my fault....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Ha ha blame it on the group here ... We all made you do it! 🤣

22 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Tell her it's my fault....

Nice sentiment fellas, but I don't think that'll fly. I've always said it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission! What's another Amazon box anyway, she should be used to them turning up weekly by now. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nice sentiment fellas, but I don't think that'll fly. I've always said it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission! What's another Amazon box anyway, she should be used to them turning up weekly by now. 
With the deal... It's almost free! Can't pass up almost free!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

@MattF  just think about all of the strokes you will save from all of the data you gain.  You'll get home sooner and sooner.  What's there to be mad about?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

[mention=12972]MattF[/mention]  just think about all of the strokes you will save from all of the data you gain.  You'll get home sooner and sooner.  What's there to be mad about?

And it’s four or five skins - think about that - if you win 5 additional skins this season you’ve paid for the thing!!!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

So I was just looking at some of the stats on the MGS leaderboard for Shotscope. There are some dirty liars out there. I had a great round putting yesterday, 29 putts and that included making a 42 footer for birdie. But 29 putts puts me in the bottom half for lowest putts in a round. Yikes. Some of you cheaty mccheat faces are claiming 18 putts for a round. You sirs are liars and I hope you get coal in your stockings! Ha. 

That said, I'm being much more proactive getting the ball to the hole and I'd say that unexpectedly, putting has been where Shotscope has helped me out the most. 

• Like 1

Ha 18 is ridiculously low... But low putts can be a bad sign... Cause they're not hitting any greens. But if people wanna cheat, that's fine by me. Doesn't help them when they have to play in real life. I've gotta see what my low putts is. I'm curious now. I think I had a 22 last year... And that was because I was awful in GIR that day.

Just got mine in the mail this week, set it up yesterday.  First round with it this afternoon.  Very curious how this will work / help my game.

Mine will arrive Monday and I have a question. Have any of you gotten new clubs since you started using Shot Scope and if so how difficult was it to change the tags over from the old set to the new one?

I’m planning to change irons at some point this summer and perhaps driver too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Mine will arrive Monday and I have a question. Have any of you gotten new clubs since you started using Shot Scope and if so how difficult was it to change the tags over from the old set to the new one?

simple as moving 4 iron tag to 4 iron tag..........only issue I had was it was quite sore unscrewing/screwing in on the fingers, plus if you have a raised grip at the butt end (usually too much tape) it makes the tag sit too high and prone to catching when taking out the bag.

• Like 2

This thing was flawless today again. Reeeeeally can't praise it enough. Putting tracking is seriously my favorite part.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

simple as moving 4 iron tag to 4 iron tag..........only issue I had was it was quite sore unscrewing/screwing in on the fingers, plus if you have a raised grip at the butt end (usually too much tape) it makes the tag sit too high and prone to catching when taking out the bag.

Thanks

And for the record there is absolutely no risk of me moving a 4 iron tag - ever (haven't gamed a 4 iron in over a decade)

• Like 5

Mine worked ok once I figured out I had to count my putts.  I liked the ‘add penalty stroke’ button, hated to use it, but was convenient........

• Like 3

On 4/6/2019 at 10:49 AM, revkev said:

Rev,  I've changed my entire bag except for the wedges at least one time through and I haven't had any trouble whatsoever.  It takes me 7-10 minutes to change out 4-PW.  The big reminder is to go to the "my bag" feature in the ShotScope app and let the system know that you "changed tags" so that you can see the statistical difference between the clubs you are coming from to the clubs you changed to.  

One more tip, remember to check your tags.  My 7 iron tag started to loosen itself after 20-30 rounds, so just keep an eye on them; you may have to screw them down a little bit from time to time.

• Like 3