Question about the leaderboard: once I finally finished a round and uploaded, when I look at the leaderboard, whether it is overall leaderboard or MGS, many of the stats are not populated (right now, the only ones that have any data are longest putt and medals). Does anyone know why there is no other data populated?

Question about the leaderboard: once I finally finished a round and uploaded, when I look at the leaderboard, whether it is overall leaderboard or MGS, many of the stats are not populated (right now, the only ones that have any data are longest putt and medals). Does anyone know why there is no other data populated?

I'm not sure how quickly it populates, but it may take a little bit to cycle through completely. If it doesn't in the next day or so, email them and I'm sure they jump right on it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First (round) Impressions

(..and yet another Unofficial Review 😆)

Got the first 9 hole round in with the Shot Scope V2 in on Sunday. Overall, as @ddryan said in his reviews, it's a solid product that does exactly what it says it's going to do.

* Initial Setup -- was straightforward to define "My Bag"; the tags were easy enough to screw in (I gave them each a little push in before turning to get it to the start of the thread). There are extra tags included for eg. extra clubs you may want to test/compare to current gamers; I stuck 4 of them into an extra set of wedges that I use on some short Par 3 courses so I can collect those stats, too.

It was also simple enough to find and download "My Courses" and then sync them into the watch itself (so they're available for play). It's in this section that you'll see if a course update is available.

* Apps -- not initially obvious to me, but the smartphone app and the PC (or Mac) app do the same functions; eg. find/download a new course, edit or change a club, etc. 

You can do some round editing in either app but it's much easier to accomplish in the web interface @ shotscope.com

It's the web interface (ie. a THIRD "app" in your browser) .. where you can log in to view the most detailed "Performance" stats. 

* Start of Play -- in the "Start Guide" they suggest keeping the watch powered Off until you're ready to play, to conserve battery. Power on is instantaneous and after pushing two buttons to enter game mode and then "GPS + Track" mode it was less than a minute for it to locate my course.

* During Play -- if you don't want to interact with the watch at all you don't have to. For putting there is an option for "Manual" vs "Auto", and you can just add your number of putts per hole in post-round editing.

I suggest leaving the default "Auto" setting and getting used to performing the one-button "Pin Collect" feature to better track discrete putting stats. It's really simple plus it marks the exact location of "today's" pin. Which also enhances the accuracy of your "Approach" data.

* After Play -- exit the round and it showed you total elapsed time (since starting). Then, at your convenience, you sync your round data to any one of .. smartphone app (Bluetooth connection), PC app (USB connection) or web interface (also via USB).

Again, it's through the web interface that you'll probably want to do the bulk of your post-round editing / proofing; it's the easiest to navigate and use and has the most functions. The smartphone app is very accessible but it's just easier (for an older dude with failing eyes...) to work on a bigger screen and with a mouse.

A Few (minor) Dislikes

* GPS -- seemed consistently to read +2 yards longer vs benchmark stones on the tee boxes or markers in the fairways.

* Distances to Hazards -- missing .. at least on that one course I played so far .. are distances into doglegs. I find that info really useful. Also, not a big deal, but distances to other Hazards do not indicate if located on the left or right side of the fairway (helpful when you can't see the entire hole ahead).

* Tee Shots -- discovered this when I went into the "Performance" stats, but despite picking up all my tee shots it automatically defaults to club selection = "Driver" ... Despite the fact that I was at a forward set of tees and mostly using my 4H off the tee... Easy enough to fix in post-round editing.

* GPS on-course vs Post-Round review distances -- thought there were a few discrepancies but it was most obvious on the #9 Par 3 .. standing on the tee it read "134” middle but looking at this hole post-round/on-screen I thought the distance under my tee shot looked a little short so I moved the end point of the shot to the middle of the green and it read "124”.... (Yes, I sent this question and my comments to tech support).

A Few (minor) Would Like To Haves

* Distances into Doglegs

* "Performance" review -- one of the stats I'm looking to track is "Shots To Finish" (to hole out) from 150 and in. There are several options you can select to filter what data you see and how you see it, including a "slider" bar to set distance from hole. What's lacking is the view does not "persist", ie. remember your setting, between views (you have to select it each time).

* "Dashboard" -- would be nice to customize your view to include just a few key things you want to see first.

* "Scorecard" -- would be nice to see the "full" card .. eg. with number of putts on each hole .. without having to go into "Edit".

* "Export" data -- if for some (strange) reason you want to further mess around with a lot of numbers in a spreadsheet. 

Anyway, looking forward to collecting more stats ...... even after just one round it's helping me see where I need to focus more practice time!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

* Tee Shots -- discovered this when I went into the "Performance" stats, but despite picking up all my tee shots it automatically defaults to club selection = "Driver" ...

Found an answer in the FAQs...

The device has a sleep/battery-saving mode between shots, so it depends on you doing two practice swings to "wake up". Note they also suggest doing your practice swings _next to_ the ball so that the device's GPS can locate your exact position - prior to hitting your shot.

• Like 3

Second 9 hole round tonight - Shotscope did not miss a single shot, which is great, but I did notice a couple times the locations did not quite match up and I must have bumped the pin collect on the last hole somehow because it was way off and didn't prompt me to do it. Editing is really easy though (especially on a computer), so it's not a huge deal to fix these minor things. 

• Like 3

On 4/8/2019 at 6:22 PM, cksurfdude said:

First (round) Impressions

I suggest leaving the default "Auto" setting and getting used to performing the one-button "Pin Collect" feature to better track discrete putting stats. It's really simple plus it marks the exact location of "today's" pin. Which also enhances the accuracy of your "Approach" data.

* Distances to Hazards -- missing .. at least on that one course I played so far .. are distances into doglegs. I find that info really useful. Also, not a big deal, but distances to other Hazards do not indicate if located on the left or right side of the fairway (helpful when you can't see the entire hole ahead).

* "Performance" review -- one of the stats I'm looking to track is "Shots To Finish" (to hole out) from 150 and in. There are several options you can select to filter what data you see and how you see it, including a "slider" bar to set distance from hole. What's lacking is the view does not "persist", ie. remember your setting, between views (you have to select it each time).

Glad you enjoyed your first round with it, I've been loving mine since finding it under the Christmas tree. 

Couple notes from your review. 

I wish I could use the auto setting for putt collecting, but my putter grip doesn't allow for a tag to be used. So I use the manual mode, and it is petty good, only about once a round do I forget to tag the hole. 

Every course I've played it has always had the distances to hazards, both to the hazard and to carry it. You have to use the top left button to get it to toggle to hazard distance, and if the hole has a hazard on it, your very common hazard symbol will appear next to that button to indicate it has one. If you knew that, and your course really doesn't have them, that is just odd. Let them know and they should be able to get that fixed. 

I've noticed it doesn't  have a shots to finish from 150, but it does give you your average shots to finish with each club. Isn't that basically the same what you are looking for? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Glad you enjoyed your first round with it, I've been loving mine since finding it under the Christmas tree. 

Couple notes from your review 

I wish I could use the auto setting for putt collecting, but my putter grip doesn't allow for a tag to be used. So I use the manual mode, and it is petty good, only about once a round do I forget to tag the hole. 

Every course I've played it has always had the distances to hazards, both to the hazard and to carry it. You have to use the top left button to get it to toggle to hazard distance, and if the hole has a hazard on it, your very common hazard symbol will appear next to that button to indicate it has one. If you knew that, and your course really doesn't have them, that is just odd. Let them know and they should be able to get that fixed. 

I've noticed it doesn't  have a shots to finish from 150, but it does give you your average shots to finish with each club. Isn't that basically the same what you are looking for? 

Thanks for reading and commenting!

In re: the putter tag - someone else had mentioned you could optionally cut/grind off the the screw part, leaving the flat tag, and then affix that with contact cement or sticky double-sided tape.

Hazards - yeah saw that, thx. What I was mainly looking for was distance into Doglegs. (They did seem to have other Hazards on this course mapped.)

150 and In - within "Approaches" in the "Filter" options where you can choose a club you can also set a slider for "Distance" ... What I was looking for was the view to 'remember' my selected option(s) between views, so I don't have to re-select it/them each time.

Like I said .. minor things .. looking forward to acquiring more stats and more insights into what I need to work most on (= EVERYTHING!!! 😆)

• Like 1

Thanks for reading and commenting!
In re: the putter tag - someone else had mentioned you could optionally cut/grind off the the screw part, leaving the flat tag, and then affix that with contact cement or sticky double-sided tape.
Hazards - yeah saw that, thx. What I was mainly looking for was distance into Doglegs. (They did seem to have other Hazards on this course mapped.)
150 and In - within "Approaches" in the "Filter" options where you can choose a club you can also set a slider for "Distance" ... What I was looking for was the view to 'remember' my selected option(s) between views, so I don't have to re-select it/them each time.
Like I said .. minor things .. looking forward to acquiring more stats and more insights into what I need to work most on (= EVERYTHING!!! )
Contact them with the idea and I. Sure they'll look into it.

• Like 2

Learned today about the "Positional" shot - ie. if you DON'T use it then ShotScope assumes every second shot is an "Approach" shot!

That includes every Par 4 and every Par 5.... And so all those shots get included in your "Approach" stats...

But another very easy thing to fix in post-round editing.

• Like 3

It came it came!!

And she saw it...wasn't overly concerned and actually said I got a good deal, so I live to fight another day!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Okay I’ve got mine set up - even putter (has my son do the drilling part - I figured if he was allowed to drill on a billion dollar sub he could handle it.)

I play Tuesday but that’s a league round - I don’t want to be messing with a new gadget when we are tied for first playing the other team.

I will be playing a couple of times the following week and will start using mine then.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 6:07 PM, cksurfdude said:

Learned today about the "Positional" shot - ie. if you DON'T use it then ShotScope assumes every second shot is an "Approach" shot!

That includes every Par 4 and every Par 5.... And so all those shots get included in your "Approach" stats...

But another very easy thing to fix in post-round editing.

So I submitted a comment to ShotScope and got kind of a lukewarm response...

I'd suggested it's likely that most of their users are likely not pros and so who are likely not going for every Par 5 green in two; similarly many amateurs .. like me/myself .. are not even going for every Par 4 in two -- sometimes we have to punchout from under a tree or sometimes we just may (egads..) lay up...

So it seems to me being able to mark your next shot as "Positional" would be helpful ... (a) not counting it as an "Approach" and (b) saving time in post-round editing...

Since you *can* mark a "Lost Ball" or a "Drop" or a "Provisional" or add a "Penalty" stroke -- which possibly NONE of may occur during a round -- then you *should* be able to mark a "Positional" which very likely will occur .. at least once! .. during every golf round...

• Like 2

So I submitted a comment to ShotScope and got kind of a lukewarm response...
I'd suggested it's likely that most of their users are likely not pros and so who are likely not going for every Par 5 green in two; similarly many amateurs .. like me/myself .. are not even going for every Par 4 in two -- sometimes we have to punchout from under a tree or sometimes we just may (egads..) lay up...
So it seems to me being able to mark your next shot as "Positional" would be helpful ... (a) not counting it as an "Approach" and (b) saving time in post-round editing...
Since you *can* mark a "Lost Ball" or a "Drop" or a "Provisional" or add a "Penalty" stroke -- which possibly NONE of may occur during a round -- then you *should* be able to mark a "Positional" which very likely will occur .. at least once! .. during every golf round...
I agree that would be a great option!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dhartmann34 said:

I agree that would be a great option!

Thanks! When you have a minute, would you mind also submitting a comment to their support site? Perhaps if they hear it from different users they'll put it into their development queue.

• Like 1