Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ryder Cup Players Refuse To Wear Outfits

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Man-o-man...take a look at the outfits the Ryder Cuppers will be wearing and let me know if you would be scared you might get a swirly for wearing this so-called retro outfit:

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2020194,00.html#ixzz105VcT7as

http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,2020190-1,00.html

p1-ryder-uni_372x248.jpg

#TruthDigest

Uhhhh... that is about the most rediculous collection of outfits for the modern day I've ever seen. I'd be afraid to wear them because I'd be afraid to bend over and pick up my ball. :D

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

It's the Captain's choice: if someone/everyone doesn't like it and refuses what the Captain's decided, they don't need to be there. Besides, it's not like he's making them wear the old heavy wool coats from Old Tom Morris' day.

They need to get over it. For better or worse, Pavin is the Captain. What he says goes- not the World's "#1" golfer, or "#2", longest driver, me, or anyone else for that matter. I find this to be insubordinate behavior... and a likely sign of things to come. If the US team is going to be whiners about something as trivial as uniforms, what are they going to do about possible pairings?

• SPY VIP

Like 'em. No sane person would wear a full football uniform to play casual football, but when worn by a team, they look appropriate.

These will seem the same when they all have them on.

[i like the red vest, btw]

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I like the look. Not very fond of the lavender, but I like the rest of them!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I'd totally rock the black vest with red stripes.

That's the slickest one of them all, in my opinion. While I really like them, I sadly don't believe I have the confidence (or physique, for that matter) to pull this off without looking like a complete mess. But I can dream.

I just wonder how you know that color is "periwinkle"!

:lol:

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Haha, will do.

mak5E.gifmak5E.gifmak5E.gifmak5E.gifmak5E.gifmak5E.gifmak5E.gifmak5E.gif

Off the cuff here, but is there a emoticon that looks like either Darth Vader or Yoda? Just asking.

Back to the subject: I would probably be that guy giving the friendly ribbing. It'd go like this:

Me: that's a nice shirt; good color. Go to Goodwill lately? (remember, friendly ribbing. If it were one of my best friends, they're fair game!)

Periwinkled golfer: "...." .

The next day, I'd have a matching shirt.

Wow, looking back, I love that old look and the colors, the vests, the pants...the clothing is just awesome. Wonder if they will make this stuff availible to the public?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

You guys are lucky there is no :vomit: emoticon. I would be using it.

Wow, looking back, I love that old look and the colors, the vests, the pants...the clothing is just awesome. Wonder if they will make this stuff availible to the public?

I think we're more lucky there isn't a :salivate: emoticon LOL!! Seriously, though, I would like to find within myself John's ability to pull his looks off... I just go with the standard polo and shorts look. In my defense, though, the shorts have pinstripes!

I think we're more lucky there isn't a :salivate: emoticon LOL!! Seriously, though, I would like to find within myself John's ability to pull his looks off... I just go with the standard polo and shorts look. In my defense, though, the shorts have pinstripes!

IfCmW.gif Make sure to clean up after yourself!

I decided long ago, I don't worry what people think of me. I am by no means a mass of muscle, and a few pounds over weight, but still fit looking (somewhat).

My father used to tell me when I was in Junior High and High School, "Never follow the trends, start your own, set yourself apart." I thought that was the dumbest advice in High School and never did. Now, I do and I love. Have fun with it, be yourself, and lead, don't follow!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived