Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best courses for the money in Phoenix?

clarkie3333

Honestly this is a tough one because of snowbird season. Nothing will be cheap over the holidays so "for the money" becomes relative. And you're talking about dozens and dozens of courses if you're including Scottsdale and surrounding areas. My default is usually Talking Stick, even though it's only ok imo. But you can get on and it's easy to find. A lot of places won't let you make a tee time as a single until week of play anyway. If you're a twosome and don't mind the drive I would go play Quintero at least once and maybe twice. It's out of the way but truly a hidden gem.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I played Talking Stick over the summer ( the "easier" of the 2 courses) and thought it was nice. It's right next to top golf which is also fun, in case you haven't done that before. But like Gassman1 said it's snowbird season so the more flexible you are with tee times the easier and possibly cheaper you'll be able to play. I use both apps that you mentioned and always check each because there is sometimes a difference between the two. Honestly those are a good place to start because you can see what the general price range is for a lot of the courses around you.

Not sure what part of Phoenix you will be.  Phoenix is a large city; spread out, and depending where you are located, it can take an hour or more to get from one end to the other.  There are so many nice courses, but as others have said, it will be busy and expensive if you want to play the well-known courses.  I've played many of them, but I spent a lot of time in Phoenix on business in JULY!!!  Rates were cheap; TPC Scottsdale for $55.  

My wife and I went to Phoenix this last February, and since we both play, I'm not looking for courses that cost $200; just someplace warm!!.  We play for 2 weeks so that would get expensive very quickly.  I have used both GolfNow and TeeOff to search for deals.  Also, many of the courses have their own online booking sites with deals as well.  Check out when twilight rates start; varies by course but savings can be significant.

I usually stay near South Mountain so most of the courses I play are on that end of town.  The Raven and The Legacy are close to each other, and I found them to be nice; the Legacy is probably a little cheaper.  I also liked Ocotillo in Chandler; a Troon managed course.  We did play with my BIL on a course on the west side in Goodyear called Palm Valley which was nice.  You might also try the Karstan course at ASU near Ping.

I loved the Troon North courses and Grayhawk but they are out of my price range now.  I've also wanted to play We-Ko-Pa but it will have to during the off-season.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived