TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Forum Member Review - Martin Chuck's Tour Striker Academy

goaliewales14

Just went back and re-read this whole thread .. there's going to be a 2-day Tour Striker school in 2 weeks about 45ish minutes away from me and am considering giving it a go.

(Have also been taking individual lessons.)

@goaliewales14 thanks again for all the great, and detailed, info!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just went back and re-read this whole thread .. there's going to be a 2-day Tour Striker school in 2 weeks about 45ish minutes away from me and am considering giving it a go.

(Have also been taking individual lessons.)

@goaliewales14 thanks again for all the great, and detailed, info!

Sorry I was on vacation, so I'm just getting back to your comment!  I really hope you took the opportunity to go out to the school!  It was completely eye opening for me.  I've continued to send videos back and forth with Martin even still.  We're starting to fine tune everything to get it that much better.  I've notice a huge change in my swing since going.  I'm not going to lie, you'll be messed up for a bit after the school, but it's completely worth it. 

My iron play has improve so much since the school, and I won't even get started on my chipping.  I'm concentrating on my tee shot right now to finish out everything, and I've already seen my scores showing the improvement.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Sorry I was on vacation, so I'm just getting back to your comment! I really hope you took the opportunity to go out to the school! It was completely eye opening for me. I've continued to send videos back and forth with Martin even still. We're starting to fine tune everything to get it that much better. I've notice a huge change in my swing since going. I'm not going to lie, you'll be messed up for a bit after the school, but it's completely worth it.

My iron play has improve so much since the school, and I won't even get started on my chipping. I'm concentrating on my tee shot right now to finish out everything, and I've already seen my scores showing the improvement.

Thanks, but unfortunately a minor family issue intervened.....

Have been taking a few lessons with a pro I like and it's been helping .. really helping! .. and I was a bit hesitant about jumping into a possibly conflicting teaching method. That said - I do like Martin Chuck; have watched some of his vid clips on Revolution Golf and also have a set of video lessons he produced a few years ago that I intend to go through and review.

Glad it worked out so well for you! Sounds like you've improved a bunch since the school

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Thanks, but unfortunately a minor family issue intervened.....

Have been taking a few lessons with a pro I like and it's been helping .. really helping! .. and I was a bit hesitant about jumping into a possibly conflicting teaching method. That said - I do like Martin Chuck; have watched some of his vid clips on Revolution Golf and also have a set of video lessons he produced a few years ago that I intend to go through and review.

Glad it worked out so well for you! Sounds like you've improved a bunch since the school

I hope everything with your family is ok!  Consistency in teaching is always a good thing especially when it's someone you're seeing a lot of improvement with!

I hope everything with your family is ok! Consistency in teaching is always a good thing especially when it's someone you're seeing a lot of improvement with!

Yeah, thanks .. part of an on-going thing with the aging in-laws.....

And, yes - I think for me, at this point in my golfing development, I'm better focusing on what one instructor is trying to drill into my thick skull!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  I wanted to do a post 6 month update to wrap things up for this review.  Since the camp, I have been spending more time on the range than actually playing 18.  Granted some of those months were spent in the winter, so it was impossible to play.  Throughout that time I've been recording swings to upload to the app for Martin and his team to review.  I've also been posting questions just for further clarifications on specific topics.  

About a month ago I started actually playing golf.  I was slowly working my way up the bag in terms of which clubs I felt comfortable hitting.  I didn't take driver out at all which forced me to really think through shots on the course.  This actually lead to me shooting 1 over my best score ever of 85.  I was +3 through 8, but just had a few bad holes by using the wrong club off the tee.  I posted a few more videos to start getting comfortable with the driver, and everything started clicking.  Here's my swing now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMaX1tdz6U8

I want to give MGS and Martin another huge thanks for this opportunity!  I feel I have made huge progress in just 6 months and can't wait to start seeing lower scores!!  If anyone is considering doing this school I would recommend it 100%.  I don't feel like there's a better school out there!  Martin and his team definitely have the formula for success in their school, and the post school interactions prove that they are invested in making sure you're a better golfer than what you were when you came.

• 2 months later...

With it being almost a year since I was given the amazing opportunity to go down to the Tour Striker Academy to review Martin Chuck and his golf school, the big questions are did it actually make a difference in my game and would it be worth the price?

State of my game:

I have continued to work on my swing ever since leaving the school.  I’ve actually spent more time on the range rather than playing this year to try to make all of the massive changes stick.  I have been definitely improving since the school, but it wasn’t until about the 6-month mark where I started to feel things click.  It went from thinking during the swing to just swinging.  I’ve been trying to put in a good mix of course time and range time since that point.  Before I went to the school I was easily an 18 handicap, but putting my last 5 scores into a calculator, I’ve dropped 4+ strokes to a 14!!  One recent round, I even opened up the first 8 holes by being +3.  Throughout the year I've also won 2 closest to the pins.  One of which won me tickets to the US Senior Open next year.

Worth the money:

Everyone can look up and see that the school isn’t cheap, about $2,000, but what do you get with that money?

• 3 days of golf instruction 8 – 5
    • On the range, in the studio, and on the course
  • Breakfast and lunch
  • Gift bag
  • COACHING FOR LIFE

Normally after I’ve had a few lessons, I find myself slipping back into some of my old habits without realizing it, or just having a new issue that came out of the other changes.  The only way I can figure them out correctly is to grab another lesson.  With Martin, I just take a video and send it into him via the app for him to review for comments.  Yes, he has continued to respond and help me even now.  Not only does he offer great instruction along with his staff during the school, but keeps that coaching going as long as you need it to go.

The Tour Striker Golf Academy will change your game for the better, and is 100% worth the price!

With it being almost a year since I was given the amazing opportunity to go down to the Tour Striker Academy to review Martin Chuck and his golf school, the big questions are did it actually make a difference in my game and would it be worth the price?
State of my game:
I have continued to work on my swing ever since leaving the school.  I’ve actually spent more time on the range rather than playing this year to try to make all of the massive changes stick.  I have been definitely improving since the school, but it wasn’t until about the 6-month mark where I started to feel things click.  It went from thinking during the swing to just swinging.  I’ve been trying to put in a good mix of course time and range time since that point.  Before I went to the school I was easily an 18 handicap, but putting my last 5 scores into a calculator, I’ve dropped 4+ strokes to a 14!!  One recent round, I even opened up the first 8 holes by being +3.  Throughout the year I've also won 2 closest to the pins.  One of which won me tickets to the US Senior Open next year.
Worth the money:
Everyone can look up and see that the school isn’t cheap, about $2,000, but what do you get with that money?
  • 3 days of golf instruction 8 – 5
    • On the range, in the studio, and on the course
  • Breakfast and lunch
  • Gift bag
  • COACHING FOR LIFE
Normally after I’ve had a few lessons, I find myself slipping back into some of my old habits without realizing it, or just having a new issue that came out of the other changes.  The only way I can figure them out correctly is to grab another lesson.  With Martin, I just take a video and send it into him via the app for him to review for comments.  Yes, he has continued to respond and help me even now.  Not only does he offer great instruction along with his staff during the school, but keeps that coaching going as long as you need it to go.
The Tour Striker Golf Academy will change your game for the better, and is 100% worth the price!

Thanks for the follow up. I know you say it’s worth the price and knowing what you know now would you have paid the 2k to go?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

3 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Thanks for the follow up. I know you say it’s worth the price and knowing what you know now would you have paid the 2k to go?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I definitely would!  I've honestly looked at going to a few of his 1 day schools that he's had a few states away.  The instruction was great, but it was also one of the most fun experiences that I've had.  It was a lot of work, but they made it fun. 

With me being an accountant, I look a lot at value of things before I purchase something.  The PGA Superstore has a pack of 6 lessons for $300, so $50 a lesson/hour sitting in a bay relying on a computer to tell you the ball flight.  If you look at the school being 8-5, with an hour lunch, the first day would be $400 at that rate.  That would put the school at about 1,200 with being outside on a range/practice bunker/putting green, a bay, and on the course.  Then I have also uploaded over 40+ videos (just counted lol) that Martin has reviewed, and commented on, since the school.  That to me makes the 2k worth paying.

Nice update. Congrats on the improvement and the persistence to stay with it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Thanks for the follow up. Do you still use any of the training aids used during the class? If so which do you think are most valuable and do you think they would be beneficial to a person that hasn’t gone through the school. I am thinking about the smart ball which seems to have been used a lot to help sync up the swing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Thanks for the follow up. Do you still use any of the training aids used during the class? If so which do you think are most valuable and do you think they would be beneficial to a person that hasn’t gone through the school. I am thinking about the smart ball which seems to have been used a lot to help sync up the swing.

Good question! (and ya beat me to it) Martin seems to really like his gadgets, so yeah - what works for you, goaliewales, and what doesn't?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Good question! (and ya beat me to it) Martin seems to really like his gadgets, so yeah - what works for you, goaliewales, and what doesn't?

Thanks. I was thinking that part of the video follow up from Martin might be to do X drill with some aid since as you said he loves training aids

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Out of all of his training aids, I currently have 2.  I have the SAMI (part of the gift bag we received) and the smartball.  Lately, I've been using the smartball almost every time I go to the range.  That also includes my warm-ups for a round.  My trail elbow likes to separate quite a bit.  One way to break a habit is repetition right?  Plus before a round, it just gives me a good feeling of how I want to swing before I get on the course.  I love this thing!

I don't really use the SAMI much at all.  A lot of it's feedback is audible, and I use headphones on the range when I hit.  

I did use the educator a lot during the school.  I think it's a great product to show me what my hands needed to do to get to impact, but I found myself cupping my wrists a lot when I was using it.  Basically cheating the system. 😇  I think this is one I would have needed more time with Martin and his staff to walk through different drills to make it effective for me.

• 1 year later...

Hey @goaliewales14

Just curious if you're still taking advantage of the online training?? I'm sure it's tough to keep up with but I'm interested in how it's working for you in practice. 

Also, curious to hear if you kept up with any of the yoga routine. I've been getting into yoga on and off the past 6 months and came across the Tour Striker routine on YouTube. Found it interesting to read that most golf back pain is a result of tight hamstrings. Really liking the way it makes me feel so I'm diving into a 21-day yoga refresh.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

8 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Hey @goaliewales14

Just curious if you're still taking advantage of the online training?? I'm sure it's tough to keep up with but I'm interested in how it's working for you in practice. 

Also, curious to hear if you kept up with any of the yoga routine. I've been getting into yoga on and off the past 6 months and came across the Tour Striker routine on YouTube. Found it interesting to read that most golf back pain is a result of tight hamstrings. Really liking the way it makes me feel so I'm diving into a 21-day yoga refresh.

I don't do as much of the online training because I feel bad like I need to take another class to earn the right to keep using it now that the review is over.  He does a 1-day camp in Chicago that I want to try and make it to and I'm also looking to get the planemate for my birthday next month.  If that happens, I'm definitely jumping on there hardcore!  I'm also hoping to do a full review on here for the planemate if/when I get it.

It's funny that you mentioned yoga.  I did a few classes at work off and on.  They would bring in an instructor after hours.  That's actually one of my main focuses this year is to do a lot more of it.  That's awesome that it's been helping you with back pain!  I don't know about you, but I also felt relaxed afterwards.  The routine that we did at the camp was a perfect way to warm up that day since none of us have ever hit golf balls that long before. 

If you're looking for something else, my trainer specializes in getting the body back in balance.  What you're experiencing is exactly what she helps correct.  It's built on the idea that normally your pain is due to that muscle is overworking because it's picking up the slack of another muscle.  She uses Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT) to find the areas that aren't performing correctly and stimulate them to start firing again.  Give it a look!  Let me know how the 21 days goes!

• 1 year later...

I wanted to post another update on this thread.  I've been working on/off with Martin Chuck through CoachNow and with his comments/videos, and the Planemate, I've made HUGE improvements!!  I can't say enough good things about Martin and his school!