Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Direction of Tee Flipping With The Driver

Golfspy_CG2

Several years ago I played with a friend of mine on a par 3 hole. He teed up his ball and took a mighty swing with his 9i. Big divot! The sod went forward about 10 feet and the tee was still stuck in it. The ball was in the divot. We couldn't stop laughing!!

So... Did that count as a stroke?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Here's what I've noticed with the tee after a drive, the direction of the tee is usually on the line that is opposite of the ball flight. If the ball goes left to right then the tee is usually behind me to the right of in front of me to the left, if the ball goes right to left I find the tee either back left or front right along the path of the club. If I hit it down the middle, the tee is straight back or straight in front.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2017 at 7:49 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I spent a good 45 minutes or so yesterday on a driving hole of our course, just hitting driver to get a feel for my new G30.    

But I came away with a question.   On several what I feel were well struck shots, the tee flipped and landed 5 to 10 yards BEHIND me and by behind i mean directly behind my aim line so say if the tee was the middle of clock face it landed at 6 O'clock.    Then on several again well struck shots, it landed as much as 12 yards in FRONT of me or 12 O'clock.    There were a couple that landed out to the side (say 2 o'clock) 

So does anyone know what makes it land at 6 vs 12 O'clock?   Is one over the other an indication of a better swing or angle of attack.    I pretty much put the tee in the same length each time, with just about half the ball above the club-face at address. 

So I’ve seen the pros and some of them the tee flies straight up spinning front to back. I don’t know how they do that either. When I’m hitting my driver solid it usually flies forward a few feet. If you have an iPhone you can put it on slow mo and it will capture how you’re hitting the ball. 

An oldie but a goodie brought back to life....

If you watch the Golf My Way video, Jack has the tee flip straight up and he hits it with the clubhead on his follow through.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

An oldie but a goodie brought back to life....
If you watch the Golf My Way video, Jack has the tee flip straight up and he hits it with the clubhead on his follow through.  

Hard enough for me to hit the ball, let alone hit the tee after I hit the ball.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The things people worry about.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

4 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

The things people worry about. emoji849.png

Take Dead Aim

Lately I do.  Going back in this thread 3 years ago, I said that my tee flips backwards.  Apparently with my swing changes, so has my tee flipping.  Most of the time now it goes forward and to the right.  Not a big deal, except on one hole it's in the water.  My biggest problem is on the driving range; my tee lands in front of the person to my right and I have to wait for him to hit a ball so I can retrieve it.

I don't buy tees; I don't break tees; so I don't keep that many in my bag which is why I hate to lose them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”