TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why Are PXG Clubs So Expensive? New Video Blog Has The Answers...

GolfSpy Barbajo

From today's Inbox -- a new video blog featuring PXG founder Bob Parsons and brand ambassador Paige Spirinac. In the first episode they tackle the elephant in the room -- why are PXG clubs so expensive?

Thoughts?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Perhaps the fact they pay someone who has no record of performing at the highest level adds to the cost.

Hard to reconcile high quality claims and high cost when they are paying 2 female golfers who aren't there for their playing ability. I'm pretty sure Paige Spiranic and Anna Rawson wouldn't get a cent if they weren't attractive. Do they base their men's deals on appearance as well?

I find it a bit insulting and a bit bewildering as a marketing strategy when they are supposedly all about quality and performance. If PXG clubs were so much better than everyone else, perhaps Paige could make a living out of playing rather than posting.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Perhaps the fact they pay someone who has no record of performing at the highest level adds to the cost.

Hard to reconcile high quality claims and high cost when they are paying 2 female golfers who aren't there for their playing ability. I'm pretty sure Paige Spiranic and Anna Rawson wouldn't get a cent if they weren't attractive. Do they base their men's deals on appearance as well?

I find it a bit insulting and a bit bewildering as a marketing strategy when they are supposedly all about quality and performance. If PXG clubs were so much better than everyone else, perhaps Paige could make a living out of playing rather than posting.

It's all Bob Parsons. If you've ever seen any of his GoDaddy ads .. it's all about the babe factor.

(Now, as a red-blooded male I am *not* complaining about that .. just saying that's his "way"...)

He'd also sponsored Danica Patrick as the first female Indy driver - she never won, but then she wasn't all that bad looking, either....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I saw this yesterday in a couple places, and have just been waiting to get a few minutes to watch it.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Well said!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I suspect the PXG clubs are similar to the guy that told his buddy that he was going to design and produce the world's best automobile.   He said that he would use his MIT engineering training to design it, it would be made of the finest materials and it would be totally hand made. He said he would sell them for $2million each.   His buddy said, at that price you are not going to sell many.  To which the guy replied, I only need to sell one.  

While admittedly my sample is small, I personally have never seen anyone using PXG clubs other than the pros.  And even they are not continuously kicking the butts of those using other OEM clubs.   But then again, where I play, I don't see a lot of guys wearing a Rolex as well.

I suspect the PXG clubs are similar to the guy that told his buddy that he was going to design and produce the world's best automobile. He said that he would use his MIT engineering training to design it, it would be made of the finest materials and it would be totally hand made. He said he would sell them for $2million each. His buddy said, at that price you are not going to sell many. To which the guy replied, I only need to sell one.

While admittedly my sample is small, I personally have never seen anyone using PXG clubs other than the pros. And even they are not continuously kicking the butts of those using other OEM clubs. But then again, where I play, I don't see a lot of guys wearing a Rolex as well.

Same here - no PXG's on our course. However, I can tell you I see a lot of very low handicappers playing old clubs. My conclusion: it's the operator not the equipment.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I don't want to sound like I am on the Spiranac bashing train that I see in comments on other sites, but I thought she would be a little better of an actress. The fake laughter and banter was kind of grating. It wasn't really an effective ad for me.

I actually respect the idea behind PXG though - unlimited and to the max - I just don't think they do what they claim. I've hit them, the numbers weren't remarkable. thickish topline

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I've never even seen PXG off the course. The only player they have that has won anything of importance is Zach Johnson and since he switched he hasn't played that great. I'd like to see them and hit them once but I could never afford them. Even if I could afford them I'd probably buy Muira first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've never even seen PXG off the course. The only player they have that has won anything of importance is Zach Johnson and since he switched he hasn't played that great. I'd like to see them and hit them once but I could never afford them. Even if I could afford them I'd probably buy Muira first.

Ahem. Pat Perez has enjoyed some solid success since he switched.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Ahem. Pat Perez has enjoyed some solid success since he switched.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

That's true I forgot about Pat and Ryan Moore had a good 2016. Zach has looked out of sorts since switching though and Lydia went from in contention to not.

Ryan Armour won the first tournament of his career after switching to their irons and he isn't a staffer. I'd love to hit one of their wedges but there is no point since I can't afford it anyway. Interesting ideas I just think there is no way for them to back up some of their claims, especially with drivers that are USGA governed to the extreme. Surprised they don't make a non conforming one as well.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I think this is pretty simple. I have no doubt Parson loves to play golf and he wants to make clubs and he has the ability to do so. (I'd probably try the same thing) However, it's sad to say it comes down to one thing. A rich man trying to get richer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think this is pretty simple. I have no doubt Parson loves to play golf and he wants to make clubs and he has the ability to do so. (I'd probably try the same thing) However, it's sad to say it comes down to one thing. A rich man trying to get richer.

I'll disagree with your last statement. If you want to make more money, one of the worst ideas you could have is to enter the golf equipment/clubs industry when PXG did. I think PXG clubs cost more because they do likely cost more to manufacture aside from being sold as premium options.

I think Parsons does this because he is passionate about the game and wants to do something "insanely great" to quote Steve Jobs. He is a double billionaire so could afford to run PXG at a loss, and I think he genuinely wants and believes he can make the best golf clubs out there.

I'm also not sure PXG is even losing that much money. Many people on here haven't seen PXG out in the wild, but we don't play at the kind of courses PXG's main target audience plays at. I spoke with a high end fitter last Spring and he said he fits more PXG than anything else right now. PXG is new and shiny and promising the moon. If PXG doubled the prices, they might actually sell more.

(Veblem good. Like any premium product, the more expensive, the more people covet it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good)

By the way, PXG also insists on custom fitting every club they sell. Leads me to believe that the fitting likely adds more to performance than whatever new tech they brought to the table but that is just conjecture. An uninformed person sees improvement after the fitting and attributes it to just the head.

I'm betting I could suck just as bad with PXG clubs.... so why would I spend more $$$ to do so?

If that's what makes you happy, I'm not going to say anything, but I'll just stick with what I thought/think was way too expensive when I bought them.... my MP 64's.

IMHO your MP64s have the edge in the looks department. I have heard so many fantastic things about those irons. If I ever find a cheap set in good condition they are on my buy list. 

Ryan Armour won the first tournament of his career after switching to their irons and he isn't a staffer. I'd love to hit one of their wedges but there is no point since I can't afford it anyway. Interesting ideas I just think there is no way for them to back up some of their claims, especially with drivers that are USGA governed to the extreme. Surprised they don't make a non conforming one as well.

The regular wedges aren't that special. They don't use the same TPE that the irons do. It's just a forged wedge. I've never had a chance to try the milled wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I really love the game of golf and if I was a double billionaire and could afford to lose money I would sell my clubs cheaper no matter how great they are. Loving golf is just not playing, but promoting the game and trying to get others to play too.

I'll disagree with your last statement. If you want to make more money, one of the worst ideas you could have is to enter the golf equipment/clubs industry when PXG did. I think PXG clubs cost more because they do likely cost more to manufacture aside from being sold as premium options.

I think Parsons does this because he is passionate about the game and wants to do something "insanely great" to quote Steve Jobs. He is a double billionaire so could afford to run PXG at a loss, and I think he genuinely wants and believes he can make the best golf clubs out there.

I'm also not sure PXG is even losing that much money. Many people on here haven't seen PXG out in the wild, but we don't play at the kind of courses PXG's main target audience plays at. I spoke with a high end fitter last Spring and he said he fits more PXG than anything else right now. PXG is new and shiny and promising the moon. If PXG doubled the prices, they might actually sell more.

(Veblem good. Like any premium product, the more expensive, the more people covet it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good)

By the way, PXG also insists on custom fitting every club they sell. Leads me to believe that the fitting likely adds more to performance than whatever new tech they brought to the table but that is just conjecture. An uninformed person sees improvement after the fitting and attributes it to just the head.

Several good points here. I think PXG either does make money now or are tracking on a business plan that leads to profitability. Sure Parsons can bankroll it to the hilt, but high margins are a good thing for a business. As someone said earlier, at these prices you don't have to sell many - but make no mistake, they're selling plenty. Recent stats show their dollar share in the market actually ahead of Mizuno. Sure its partly because of price, but there is some volume to back it up.

When it comes to business, golf equipment is just like any other product: margin over volume every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I'm sure one of the reasons fitters like selling PXG is that there's margin in it for them, too - it's what Hogan tried to do when they started up a few years ago, they just didn't have the marketing or bankroll to support the startup (lots of other mistakes made as well, that we don't have to get into here). If however many people are willing to pay that premium for the exclusivity, the pride of ownership, the perceived value and the experience, then hats off to whoever makes that model work.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Several good points here. I think PXG either does make money now or are tracking on a business plan that leads to profitability. Sure Parsons can bankroll it to the hilt, but high margins are a good thing for a business. As someone said earlier, at these prices you don't have to sell many - but make no mistake, they're selling plenty. Recent stats show their dollar share in the market actually ahead of Mizuno. Sure its partly because of price, but there is some volume to back it up.

When it comes to business, golf equipment is just like any other product: margin over volume every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I'm sure one of the reasons fitters like selling PXG is that there's margin in it for them, too - it's what Hogan tried to do when they started up a few years ago, they just didn't have the marketing or bankroll to support the startup (lots of other mistakes made as well, that we don't have to get into here). If however many people are willing to pay that premium for the exclusivity, the pride of ownership, the perceived value and the experience, then hats off to whoever makes that model work.

yep, no doubt. When I saw the last golf data-tech report, I was a bit surprised to see where it's share currently is as opposed to just a year or two ago. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I really love the game of golf and if I was a double billionaire and could afford to lose money I would sell my clubs cheaper no matter how great they are. Loving golf is just not playing, but promoting the game and trying to get others to play too.

That would be very nice of you, but that business model would be operating at a big fat loss very quickly.  The golf equipment industry is not a price driven industry.  Cheaper does not = Sell more

Two important points- first, PXG insists on custom fitting their product- good for them, great if you can get a custom fit suit or the like - it does make a difference- in fact, recommend it for anyone serious about golf.  Not sure how PGX will handle that when players decide they want to sell their older clubs...

And to your second point about coveting premium products- Rolex maintains a minimum sales pricing plan on new watches- This is why you rarely see new Rolex watches "on sale" - the price is the price, and if you can afford one, more power to you.  They cannot control the secondary (used) market, and you can often get a very good deal on these, but don't have the luxury of knowing that it is "real" or counterfeit.  But then again, if your goal is telling time accurately, you can buy a reliable Timex or Casio watch for less than $20. 

I suppose it is what you want it to be- PGX if you have the $ and care to spend it that way.  Almost every club I have ever bought has been second or third hand, save one set of custom fitted Riley "Repeaters" when I first got back into the game.  Now my "fitting" involves me going thru different clubs at the local Golf Galaxy and seeking equal or better performance and better feel- at as good or better price than what I have now.

FWIW, my 714 AP2's are working well when I hit them well, and I know it when I don't hit it well.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

And to your second point about coveting premium products- Rolex maintains a minimum sales pricing plan on new watches- This is why you rarely see new Rolex watches "on sale" - the price is the price, and if you can afford one, more power to you.  They cannot control the secondary (used) market, and you can often get a very good deal on these, but don't have the luxury of knowing that it is "real" or counterfeit.  But then again, if your goal is telling time accurately, you can buy a reliable Timex or Casio watch for less than $20. 

Excellent point about watches -- people who buy Rolexes buy Rolexes because they want to and because they can. I can see a similar dynamic with PXG - there's no end of the supply of people with money who want the experience of buying and owning PXG, whether it's the personal experience of jetting to Parson's HQ for a one-on-one fitting, or going to Club Champion for the fully monty - it's their money and their experience. 

I never really understand the venom any PXG related story gets in the comment section of the blog - people really seem to take the price personally. Hell, I can't afford it and I'm not their demographic. But tell you what, if I was selling golf clubs I'd certainly want to sell premium priced equipment rather than bargain basement equipment. That whole cut the price and make it up in volume thing is utter nonsense when you have a limited amount of time, space and wherewithal. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I don't have any problem at all with Parsons and his PXG clubs. Well, maybe with Parsons. His personality. It doesn't agree with me but that's beside the point. In fact way back when computers were a thing Parsons sold a ton of various software programs that were useful and cheap. I owned a few of them and they worked nicely I recall. Disclosure: Once I was also a customer of Go-Daddy.

Obviously there is a market for vanity golf clubs. I'm quite sure his PXG clubs are very good too. But not necessary better. I don't drive a Ferrari and my car does the same thing. Get's me from point A to B. Although slower. There's always been a market of most everything that's considered "upscale" or over-the-top. PXG in my opinion are no different. If you want them, buy them; and enjoy your day. I'm of no opinion weather Bob Parsons makes or loses money with PXG or any of his other businesses. I also don't care who he chooses to help market his clubs. Again, it's his baby.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It's all Bob Parsons. If you've ever seen any of his GoDaddy ads .. it's all about the babe factor.

(Now, as a red-blooded male I am *not* complaining about that .. just saying that's his "way"...)

He'd also sponsored Danica Patrick as the first female Indy driver - she never won, but then she wasn't all that bad looking, either....

During our round yesterday, SCG, STUD and I were discussing drivers-  and how golfers can be convinced by a particularly attractive, young female (Name the Golf Company)  representative to purchase a particular driver with a significantly more expensive shaft - a significant upsell- and yes, they often do buy it  "She was sure he could handle it" or so the conversation might go...  My question would be - so was it the performance of the club, or the performance of the sales rep....?!?!?!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I finally found a PXG price list on which "subject to change" was noted.   The prices (each) were as follows:

Driver                         $700

Fairway woods           $400

Irons & wedges          $300 to $325

Putters                       $400 to $600

To replace my current bag makeup with PXG equipment, it would cost around $5,250.   To do the same with another typical OEM, it would cost around $2,550.   In short, it seems that PXG would cost me twice that of another OEM.   Unfortunately, I am not what some label as a "Club Ho", I tend to use the same equipment for several years.   However, if I were a "Ho" and was continuously buying new equipment, then if PXG made a significant difference to my game, using them for a long period and not continuously replacing them, I might at least break even over an extended use.  But then, I wouldn't have the enjoyment of new clubs as often if I were a "Ho".  

However, if it made a significant difference in length, I might consider the purchase of just a driver.   But I think I may be in Fantasyland, if I think a PXG driver would be that significantly different using my swing.

Excellent point about watches -- people who buy Rolexes buy Rolexes because they want to and because they can. I can see a similar dynamic with PXG - there's no end of the supply of people with money who want the experience of buying and owning PXG, whether it's the personal experience of jetting to Parson's HQ for a one-on-one fitting, or going to Club Champion for the fully monty - it's their money and their experience. 

I never really understand the venom any PXG related story gets in the comment section of the blog - people really seem to take the price personally. Hell, I can't afford it and I'm not their demographic. But tell you what, if I was selling golf clubs I'd certainly want to sell premium priced equipment rather than bargain basement equipment. That whole cut the price and make it up in volume thing is utter nonsense when you have a limited amount of time, space and wherewithal. 

I remember Mark Crossfield doing a series of videos on this exact comparison with Rolexes and other timepieces, both of with do the exact same function, which is to tell time and equating it to golf clubs (I think it was Calalway's Epic irons). I'd link to them here, but I'm posting this from work... shhhhh.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

If you have the Cash, and you want a set of PXG's, by all means, go get them.  It's your money...

-FLIPSIDE-

I buddy of mine has a set of PXG's (0311),  Every once in a while I will hit the same club (PXG) right after I hit a shot with one of my irons, just to compare.... same results, balls are usually in the same proximity of each other.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I buddy of mine has a set of PXG's (0311), Every once in a while I will hit the same club (PXG) right after I hit a shot with one of my irons, just to compare.... same results, balls are usually in the same proximity of each other.

Yup - regardless of what sport you participate in it always comes down to the operator not the equipment.

Left Hand orientation