TESTERS WANTED! ×

Why Are PXG Clubs So Expensive? New Video Blog Has The Answers...

GolfSpy Barbajo

Zack Johnson won the open using pxg's in 2015 bro. And their marketing is pretty solid...they've effectively carved out a loyal customer base, most of which willingly paid the “extra” cost to switch from big name manufacturers to PXG.

Also - try the irons and you will know exactly why cost as much as they do.

Taylor made, Calloway and Titleist all now have a competing high end set of clubs...all because of PXG.

Enjoy the golf brother

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Zack Johnson won the open using pxg's in 2015 bro. And their marketing is pretty solid...they've effectively carved out a loyal customer base, most of which willingly paid the “extra” cost to switch from big name manufacturers to PXG.

Also - try the irons and you will know exactly why cost as much as they do.

Taylor made, Calloway and Titleist all now have a competing high end set of clubs...all because of PXG.

Enjoy the golf brother

He was still playing Titleist clubs when he won the open. If I remember he switched in the off season and 2016 was the first season he played PXG.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't have any problem at all with Parsons and his PXG clubs. Well, maybe with Parsons. His personality. It doesn't agree with me but that's beside the point. 

... Plaid I would suggest it is the point for many. Parsons is like those used cars owners in small markets that insist on doing their own commercials simply because they can regardless of how poorly it reflects on them or their product. He is obnoxious, crude and loud in all the worst ways. I would not play PXG clubs if Parsons paid me to do so. If he had hired a spokesperson that came across as likable and believable and most importantly unpretentious, I think the PXG brand would at least be appreciated for what it is. A company sparing no expense to make the best performing clubs for a specific market. 

... Can you imagine a Rolex commercial with a spokesperson loudly and obnoxiously claiming "We make that best watches. PERIOD. KaBOOM Baby!" He makes Al Czervik look like a sedate CC member. That said, he is a self made rich guy that has done things his way and he isn't gonna lose one second of sleep over someone that doesn't like his style. He is doing things exactly like he wants and I am sure there are those that actually like his authenticity. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Yup - regardless of what sport you participate in it always comes down to the operator not the equipment.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

yet many of us think we can still buy a game not realizing you still have to get the golf club in the right position to produce a decent golf shot.  :ph34r:  

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Excellent point about watches -- people who buy Rolexes buy Rolexes because they want to and because they can. I can see a similar dynamic with PXG - there's no end of the supply of people with money who want the experience of buying and owning PXG, whether it's the personal experience of jetting to Parson's HQ for a one-on-one fitting, or going to Club Champion for the fully monty - it's their money and their experience.

I never really understand the venom any PXG related story gets in the comment section of the blog - people really seem to take the price personally. Hell, I can't afford it and I'm not their demographic. But tell you what, if I was selling golf clubs I'd certainly want to sell premium priced equipment rather than bargain basement equipment. That whole cut the price and make it up in volume thing is utter nonsense when you have a limited amount of time, space and wherewithal.

Great post. Ive never gotten the hate either. Its his company, he can run and market it how he sees fit.

I've never hit a PXG club and I'm pretty sure all the negative comments about them being junk and nit worth it, come from people who've also never hit them. With all that R&D and production time and cost, itd be impossible for them to be junk.

I finally just got to watch the video, and thought it was fine. Maybe i didn't learn whole lot more than i already knew. But it was fun.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of being fit for pxg 0311 irons. I've played ap2 for many many years. I was really looking forward to the new 718 ap2 I demod them for 1 1/2 hrs on trackman. Zero difference in numbers from my old to new. Zero. Feel and look at address exactly the same as old ap2. I then pivoted to pxg 0311. I didn't see a significant difference in distance but I did have more distance overall 6 iron to 6 iron. The feel for me was softer and me personally better. I decided pxg was direction I wanted to go in. I did this back in September. I also set up a pxg piggy bank and saved enough now to buy them which is what I'm doing. If you read about the company on LinkedIn or Facebook I really love the vibe and direction of the company. Lots of ex ping employees and u Arizona, asu and duke graduates. Company is supposedly going to post it made little over $100 million last year 2017. They have roughly 100 employees now. Everything being pumped out of the Scottsdale area of az. Is parsons arrogant? I don't think so. I think he's honest. How is it possible that every other club manufacturer prices all the same. How is that possible. You can walk into golf galaxy right now and compare every other players iron and they're literally all the same price. How is that possible. How is it possible that at these price points every other manufacturer is really coming out with something better and different every 2 years? Case in point, me w the new ap2. Parsons is totally right.

I'm in the middle of being fit for pxg 0311 irons. I've played ap2 for many many years. I was really looking forward to the new 718 ap2 I demod them for 1 1/2 hrs on trackman. Zero difference in numbers from my old to new. Zero. Feel and look at address exactly the same as old ap2. I then pivoted to pxg 0311. I didn't see a significant difference in distance but I did have more distance overall 6 iron to 6 iron. The feel for me was softer and me personally better. I decided pxg was direction I wanted to go in. I did this back in September. I also set up a pxg piggy bank and saved enough now to buy them which is what I'm doing. If you read about the company on LinkedIn or Facebook I really love the vibe and direction of the company. Lots of ex ping employees and u Arizona, asu and duke graduates. Company is supposedly going to post it made little over $100 million last year 2017. They have roughly 100 employees now. Everything being pumped out of the Scottsdale area of az. Is parsons arrogant? I don't think so. I think he's honest. How is it possible that every other club manufacturer prices all the same. How is that possible. You can walk into golf galaxy right now and compare every other players iron and they're literally all the same price. How is that possible. How is it possible that at these price points every other manufacturer is really coming out with something better and different every 2 years? Case in point, me w the new ap2. Parsons is totally right.

IMO most folks have certain brands that fits their comfort zone.  When you have golf clubs that costs more, your average golfer's are not going to try them.  Unless you have saved up like you, or you're living the good life, these high cost clubs are not in reach.  Most companies are similar in cost because they are in it to make money.  If you  have a similar product and yours cost waaaaay more, who do you think the customer is going to lean towards. Especially if it's in their comfort zone. 

Heck go for PXG clubs and if it works, good for ya.  If not, then you will have learned a valuable lesson.  

Let us know how this all pans out!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

But the other club manufacturers don't appear to be making money. Look at their numbers specifically golf

Club sales. The other issue is performance. All the new technology is no different from the old. Just like parsons mentions. All I'm pointing out is everyone puts down pxg due to their cost but yet people who have pxg swear by them. Never mind. I never should have thrown my hat into this ring. There's an old saying, “you can't teach stupid”.

Is parsons arrogant? I don't think so. 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wo9Z/parsons-xtreme-golf-0811x-driver-kaboom

That video is tremendous. With all the money he's made he obviously does something right. Tremendous.

You are being sarcastic, right? 

'longest, lowest spinning, best sounding, best feeling driver... we've ever made. And it's our second one' 

Don't get me wrong, I do like the clubs, and if they release new ones I'll most likely go for them too. But like with Apple, they talk of themselves like they are the messiah. Which they are not :)

EDIT: And also - Paige and her last comment... I like the girl, she does great stuff for anti-bullying campaigns. She's an attached pro at my GC, and I'm happy for her that she's good looking enough and brave to flaunt her figure to make a living out of it. 

But does she really play golf for living?

You are being sarcastic, right? 

'longest, lowest spinning, best sounding, best feeling driver... we've ever made. And it's our second one' 

Don't get me wrong, I do like the clubs, and if they release new ones I'll most likely go for them too. But like with Apple, they talk of themselves like they are the messiah. Which they are not :)

... Alex, I would like to buy a vowel and solve the puzzle:

T  R      L  L

Archived