I use Golf shot on my AW2. They actually advise you to disconnect it from your phone whilst in use, to use the watch GPS. They paid version can also be used to track your score, FIR's, GIR's, Putts per round and club distances.

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Hole19 as it does not eat up the battery as much. When my Garmin wears out, I will go to the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

I have an AW2 and by now, I was hoping there would be a competent golf app where I can leave my phone in the cart and use the GPS in the AW2 to get accurate measurements. I have an AW2, do I need to get a Garmin golf watch? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of AW2 for golf then? I was hoping there would be lots of apps for GPS and yardage leveraging the AW2 but perhaps there isn't that big a market for it. 

• Like 1

:callaway-small:      GBB Epic Driver 10.5 degree, Project X HZRDUS T800 55 Graphite - Stiff

:ping-small:  G400 3 Wood 14.5 degree, PING Tour 75 - Stiff

:nike-small:       Vapor Fly Hybrid 17 degreeMitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 80H - Stiff

:ping-small:  G400 4 - UW Irons, Pro-Modus 120 - Stiff 

:titelist-small:    Spin Mill Vokey 56 Wedge

:titelist-small:    Spin Mill Vokey 60 Wedge

EvnRoll     ER3 

:titelist-small:    NXT Tour ball

I have an AW2 and by now, I was hoping there would be a competent golf app where I can leave my phone in the cart and use the GPS in the AW2 to get accurate measurements. I have an AW2, do I need to get a Garmin golf watch? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of AW2 for golf then? I was hoping there would be lots of apps for GPS and yardage leveraging the AW2 but perhaps there isn't that big a market for it. 

Apparently arcoss will do it with aw3.