TESTERS WANTED! ×

What's the highest score you've ever taken and how did you get it?

STUDque

I've been playing a long time. As an adult the highest was a 12 and I shot a 41 on the nine.

I don't recall every shot, it was around 30 years ago. What I know is that I didn't take a penalty stroke and did not three putt. I thought that I hit a good drive too but it was blind over a hill and it turned out to be up against a tree - I tried a failed behind the back chip out to advance the ball and one thing led to the next.

I was two under on the other holes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh I kinda like this thread. Always fun to show some humanity in good fun of course. Having said that I can't think of one specific time that sticks out, not that I don't have them I know I've gone up to a 13 at least in some tournaments I had no business being in at the time but I don't recall the details of it. Outside of tournament play typically if I'm playing with some of the local fellas they pick up after double the par of the hole (8 on a par 4) and thankfully I can avoid those more often then not but I can screw up with the best of them...

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I took a 9 on a par three. Put three in the water

Not my best moment. I'm sure if I think back I may have had worse score but this was my worst in 2017

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

There have been a few rounds I have resorted to the smiley face / frowny face scoring system. If I feel like I dont want to leave my bag on the green, its a smiley face, if I do, then its a frowny face, most I had was 8 frowny faces.  Honestly was picking up 8 or more on the holes, just couldnt get it going

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the time in playing in our local amateur tournament, our Club Champion for like the past 5 years who plays off a 3, made a 13 on a Par 4 measuring 345 yards. That was a stunner to hear about. Believe 5 lost balls of the tee.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the time in playing in our local amateur tournament, our Club Champion for like the past 5 years who plays off a 3, made a 13 on a Par 4 measuring 345 yards. That was a stunner to hear about. Believe 5 lost balls of the tee.

I'm sure he's gotta hear about that regularly too. I used to be a pretty good pitcher and my best friend loves to remind me how he got a hit off me that one time in a scrimmage.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

In a Monday qualifier I'm not playing well and by 17 I'm not even close, i may have been +8. Par 5, water down the left I hit a banana fade to be safe. Starts beautifully and is moving right and away from the hazard but hits a scraggly twig extending way out across the water, just the tip mind you. Breaks the branch and drops straight down. Take a drop in front of the pond and proceed to hit the same branch about two inches in from the piece I just broke. Take a drop and aim right,, lands mid fairway, hits sprinkler head,, launches into brush way right. Take an unplayable lie and advance the ball down the fairway. On the green and two putt. With about 25 people watching it was all I could do to play the final hole. Posting that 10 was the most I have ever been humbled on a golf course.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I gotta confess. I tin cupped a par 3.. I mean I should be able to clear 85yds with 1 of 3 wedges I carry.. let me paint the picture

par 3 155ish. Pond in front of green about 70 yds off the tee box. Tee shot in water. Drop 2, three in pond, drop 4 pond 5 drop 6 pond 7 drop 8 on in 9 and 3 putt.. I took a very nice 12 on a par 3..

It was such a bad day I couldn't even throw my 6 iron into a lake well.. it ended up splashing about 4 feet off the bank. In all of 2 inches of water.. it was after that round I quit drinking more that 1 or 2 per round..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I gotta confess. I tin cupped a par 3.. I mean I should be able to clear 85yds with 1 of 3 wedges I carry.. let me paint the picture

par 3 155ish. Pond in front of green about 70 yds off the tee box. Tee shot in water. Drop 2, three in pond, drop 4 pond 5 drop 6 pond 7 drop 8 on in 9 and 3 putt.. I took a very nice 12 on a par 3..

It was such a bad day I couldn't even throw my 6 iron into a lake well.. it ended up splashing about 4 feet off the bank. In all of 2 inches of water.. it was after that round I quit drinking more that 1 or 2 per round..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No one likes a quitter.... beer makes everything better.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mine was 114 I think when I first started playing and keeping score. I got it cause I missed a 10 footer for triple.

#GolfAintEasy

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I don't remember if this is the highest or not, but I do remember the final hole of a state am qualifier some 5 or 6 years ago. It was a 440ish par 4 with trees and OB left that dog legged right around a pond. I was comfortably inside the number by I figured 4 or 5 shots so hit driver because why not. I pulled it left into the trees and from a restricted backswing tried to punch my 2nd shot back in play. That hit the tree in front of me and ricocheted OB behind me. Now I'm playing my 4th and still under the tree. Chipped it out, then shanked my 5th shot into the pond right. Took a drop and finally got my 7th on the green then 3 whacked it from there for easy 10. I missed qualifying by 1. By far the dumbest I've ever played a hole when it mattered

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I don't remember if this is the highest or not, but I do remember the final hole of a state am qualifier some 5 or 6 years ago. It was a 440ish par 4 with trees and OB left that dog legged right around a pond. I was comfortably inside the number by I figured 4 or 5 shots so hit driver because why not. I pulled it left into the trees and from a restricted backswing tried to punch my 2nd shot back in play. That hit the tree in front of me and ricocheted OB behind me. Now I'm playing my 4th and still under the tree. Chipped it out, then shanked my 5th shot into the pond right. Took a drop and finally got my 7th on the green then 3 whacked it from there for easy 10. I missed qualifying by 1. By far the dumbest I've ever played a hole when it mattered

That reminds me of a great story my local touring pro told me once.

He was in the Senior US Open qualifier and worked his way into a 3-way playoff. Dogleg right, pond right, trees and OB left. The first guy whacks his driver OB, the second guy hits 3 wood into the pond.

He steps up with a 5-iron. Said he could hear the gallery and other players snickering but thought to himself "F* you guys, I'm going to the Open!" Hit the 5 iron, then another, then wedged onto the green and 2 putted to win the playoff.

Sometimes *just* enough is enough. It's hard to put pride aside when it matters.

So I know I don't qualify cause I picked up but it's a funny story my buddy and I still talk about.

Playing high school golf, par 4 slight dogleg over water but not a hard hole at all, needed about 225 carry to get over water.

I just couldn't figure out how to hit a driver, put 13 balls in the water and had to quit as I ran out of balls.

Good news is my bag was super light walking back to the clubhouse, haha

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

I'm not sure what highest was probably 100-110 or so.

I have a “Baseball Relief pitcher” mentality, I only remember the good innings

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I played a Pro-Assistant tournament in 2005 in SE Florida. My boss and I had no rounds that year as our 2nd assistant decided to quit 6 weeks into the job.

The format was a scratch 2 man BB and we posted an 85.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Back in my junior days I had several holes that worked their ways into double digits. Im my first ever tournament, playing cross-handed at the time, I managed to take a 17 on a par 5. OB all down the right and I put 5 out of bounds before I essentially chipped off the tee and worked myself down the fairway. I shot 144 that day. As I grew up I got significantly better but I still managed an 11 at a tournament at Predator Ridge. Par 5 over water where you can choose your line and challenge as much water as you can. Hit 2 drives that carried all the way until the wooden boards at the edge of the water. Hitting 5 from the tee I then go way left to get it in play, Lay up to the fairway, hit it on the green and casually 3 put for twin towers (11)

I played a Pro-Assistant tournament in 2005 in SE Florida. My boss and I had no rounds that year as our 2nd assistant decided to quit 6 weeks into the job.

The format was a scratch 2 man BB and we posted an 85.

Woof. Was the course at least set up difficult?

Back in my junior days I had several holes that worked their ways into double digits. Im my first ever tournament, playing cross-handed at the time, I managed to take a 17 on a par 5. OB all down the right and I put 5 out of bounds before I essentially chipped off the tee and worked myself down the fairway. I shot 144 that day. As I grew up I got significantly better but I still managed an 11 at a tournament at Predator Ridge. Par 5 over water where you can choose your line and challenge as much water as you can. Hit 2 drives that carried all the way until the wooden boards at the edge of the water. Hitting 5 from the tee I then go way left to get it in play, Lay up to the fairway, hit it on the green and casually 3 put for twin towers (11)

OK. Thank you for tying me. I was starting to feel like a freak lol.

Woof. Was the course at least set up difficult?

OK. Thank you for tying me. I was starting to feel like a freak lol.

It was 7100 yards in a Florida summer day. Nothing we weren't used to.

We were both scratch golfers and couldn't find the face of the club.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I took an 11 on a par 3 after hitting 4 straight OB. The worst I ever saw would have been like a 28 (if it was official) when I was a caddy. Luckily not my guy, but a guest of a member, so still gaff to be positive because I was on the members bag. Any way on a par 5 it took him shot 6 shots to get to this trap, and about 8 more to get out, and he grounded his club on each one, so figure another 8 penalty shots. He was at 22-23 and still over 100 yards out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I can't even think of a hole with a high score that I really remember. I had a BUNCH of bad holes at Hideaway CC a few Decembers back. One par 5 I yanked my drive left in the crud. Took a drop, sliced the next shot off the edge of the world. Hit a hybrid over a HUGE mound, blind to where the green was, couldn't find the ball, and had to go back and drop right in the mix of the group behind us which had Callaway's Director of Marketing... Hooked the mess out of that shot while they watched... “Picked-up” even though I never found the last ball!!!! Ugly, and with EXTRA witnesses!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Back in high school my brother was playing in our local muni's annual tournament that had a bankers handicap division. He was a decent enough Jr golfer but was way out of his league playing in a "real" golf tourney, and took a 22 on a par 5 that ran down a road. He sliced 6 balls in a row OB, then basically chipped his way down the left side because he was afraid of running out of balls. Of course that was one of the holes pulled for the banker's handicap, and he ended up with a net score in the 40s! He won that division by mile and they immediately changed the rules so that banker's holes had a net double bogey maximum. They even named that rule after him for a good many years. I still bring that story up every time we play golf and he's still mortified about it

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

• 2 months later...

Wow. 6 straight balls OB. That had to be frustration taking over. After #2, I'd be down clubbing quickly. Hopefully it was near the end of the round so he could sprint to the car.

I'm just glad that 22 unseeded me from the worst score in this thread

Im sure Ive taken double digits yrats ago but dont recall specifics. Most memorable snowman was years ago on a par 3...hole 8. Started out with 7 straight par then the little monster showed. Hit a solid shot but long and into the bunker. Back and forth to front and back bunkers before finally carding and 8. Shot par on 9 for what was one of my best rounds ever minus the 8. Nine hole course at the times and from the tips.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I very rarely play in tournaments, so typically once I reach my ESC, I just pick up and move on.. But I imagine I'd have a handful of 10+ in the last few years if I had fully played out on some holes where I've found multiple hazards... This is usually not the part of my rounds that I try to remember though, so it's possible I've had a few that would be larger than that which I have completely blocked from memory! 

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I think I had a 15 in a tournament?

Remember going OB once, lost another. Hit one 150 down the center. Took at least a few to get in.

Same tournament I hit a GIR and then seven putted to tap in for a 9. Had 3 holes of snowman or worse in my first tournament.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

First match as a freshman on my highschool golf team. I had just made the playing squad and had been playing very well the week before. First hole has water on the left buy all us youngins could cut the corner. Well that day I may of tried to cut too much lol. So instead of doing the smart thing and walking up to the hazard and takin a drop from there, I teed up another but planned to not cut the corner and just hit an easy shot in the fairway. Well my swing had other plans as I pull hooked it right back in the drink.

So my first round in competition one the first hole, I shot a 12 on a par 4.

You can imagine how the rest of my round went. But it taught me the importance of taking golf one hole at a time and not worrying about what you shot on the last hole.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A 7 on a par 3 on Sunday in the club championship! I missed the playoff by one stroke!  :angry:

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

• 2 months later...

Phil's 10 is an awesome entry into this thread. See the tweet below for the PGA's official post with video and full, colorful conversation:

https://twitter.com/pgatour/status/1008063410490302465?s=21

I was playing around with some guys from this site, and took a 12 maybe a 13 on a par 3. I just barely missed the green, but I was aiming for the wrong green. I almost had as far to go after my tee shot than before it. Ended up in a washed out area of the bunker but though I could make a hero shot. 

I don't remember all the strokes but of course once I got on the green, I 3 or 4 putted.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Archived