Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What's the highest score you've ever taken and how did you get it?

STUDque

That reminds me of a great story my local touring pro told me once.

He was in the Senior US Open qualifier and worked his way into a 3-way playoff. Dogleg right, pond right, trees and OB left. The first guy whacks his driver OB, the second guy hits 3 wood into the pond.

He steps up with a 5-iron. Said he could hear the gallery and other players snickering but thought to himself "F* you guys, I'm going to the Open!" Hit the 5 iron, then another, then wedged onto the green and 2 putted to win the playoff.

Sometimes *just* enough is enough. It's hard to put pride aside when it matters.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Hell, my best scores have happenes when I don't use my driver ......

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made an 8 in a college tournament. That's the biggest number I remember in competition. I'm sure I made larger in casual rounds. Started with a nervy bogey on 1. Piped a rescue wood in the middle on 2 and bladed a wedge over the green into the woods. Took a hack at it, then an unplayable. Think I got an awful lie on the drop and left it short and then on and 2 putt. Round was shot

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I was playing around with some guys from this site, and took a 12 maybe a 13 on a par 3. I just barely missed the green, but I was aiming for the wrong green. I almost had as far to go after my tee shot than before it. Ended up in a washed out area of the bunker but though I could make a hero shot.

I don't remember all the strokes but of course once I got on the green, I 3 or 4 putted.

It's amazing when things are going bad on a hole you also then tend to 3 putt it lol

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

First match as a freshman on my highschool golf team. I had just made the playing squad and had been playing very well the week before. First hole has water on the left buy all us youngins could cut the corner. Well that day I may of tried to cut too much lol. So instead of doing the smart thing and walking up to the hazard and takin a drop from there, I teed up another but planned to not cut the corner and just hit an easy shot in the fairway. Well my swing had other plans as I pull hooked it right back in the drink.

So my first round in competition one the first hole, I shot a 12 on a par 4.

You can imagine how the rest of my round went. But it taught me the importance of taking golf one hole at a time and not worrying about what you shot on the last hole.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My freshman year I holed out for eagle on #3 for my first ever eagle and shot 47 lol

My worst hole ever was the first round I played with a girlfriends father, uncle, and brother. I was feeling very nervous because I was trying to ensure that they liked me etc (no longer with said girl so I guess it didn't matter).

On the second hole, a straight away 325, par 4 I took at 12. And they told me to pick up at 12 and wouldn't let me putt it out. I was playing tennis across the green with my PW as I kept skulling it back and forth. Super awful and embarrassing.

God I love this silly game.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Highest score written down that I can remember is 10 but my highest round total is 199. It was my first full 18 holes and to this day I am still grateful that I broke 200 😝

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Highest score written down that I can remember is 10 but my highest round total is 199. It was my first full 18 holes and to this day I am still grateful that I broke 200

Must've made a putt you weren't expecting to make that day

Under normal play, I just pick up after +3. In tournament play, the worst was a 10 on a par 4. Very frustrating. But I did not want to be that guy who WDs because the score looks bad. Posted a 100 in Chanpionship flight.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

EDITED

Sorry, don't know why it posted twice, but trying to remove one of them

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8

Worst hole I can remember was a 14 in my golf league.   It was on the Par 5 17th hole at Mt Prospect Golf Course.   Its a short hole that requires a tee shot of about 220-240yd to get up to a sharp dog leg right that leaves you about a 200yd-ish shot at a elevated green shaped like a boomarang with a trap in the middle and behind it.  I've attached a photo it to give you a good idea.

Anyway, now that the stage is set, I get to the 17th tee in my match having already won the match play portion and trying to keep a 5 stroke lead in the stroke play.  I hit a 3w off the tee and its not bad, probably more left than it needs to be, but on the fairway leaving me with a long second shot over the creek at the green.    I pull my hybrid, but since I am in the D flight in my league, I chunk it right into the creek.   I go up and drop next to the creek, with about 150yd to the middle of the green.   I hit my 8 iron, and top it right into the creek.   I drop again, and top it right into the creek.   

I try a third time and finally get it across but come up short of the green.    At this point I am lying 8 and hoping I can salvage a 10 here and limp to the final hole.  Sadly I cannot as I proceed to have short game trouble and rocket it over the green, then rocket it back the other way, and then finally get it on the green.  Of course I 3 putt because thats the type of hole its been.

Lucky for me, my opponent has trouble this hole and takes a 9 making my 14 not as horrible as it could have been.   To finish the story, we both double bogey the 18th to finish with 61s.  I won the match play and we split strokes, so I took 1.5 points for my team for a somewhat positive outcome.

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8

Archived