Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Trackman fitting results

miller1

I just got fit for JPX 900 forged, after all the swinging we ended up with these 2 shafts, DG s300 and KBS C Taper, the fitter suggests i go With the s300, what do you all think with these numbers? The 1st one is the s300.

Screenshot_20171220-174938.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agree with Stud on both counts, it's REALLY hard to read those numbers in the picture.  Trust the fitter.

Also from what I can kind of make out with the numbers, the s300 is more consistent and 14yds farther on average.  I'm not really sure why there's even a question.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Whichever one is in light blue. Shot trace is more consistent in peak height and your dispersion is much better Left to right. Your spin numbers also don't jump around as much.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Whichever one is in light blue. Shot trace is more consistent in peak height and your dispersion is much better Left to right. Your spin numbers also don't jump around as much.

Light blue is the KBS C taper, that one is also lighter in weight, i am 50 do i want a shaft that will work for me down the road also.

I am by no means a fitter but I would ask the fitter why the s300?  If I was looking at those numbers not knowing anything I would say dispersion is better with the c taper and the difference in distance is negligible.  your dynamic loft is slightly higher in the c taper (20.4 vs 21.1) which could account for the slight shorter distance. 

I messed around with a different shaft with my driver and I saw longer distances with one shaft but a higher dispersion.  Comparing another shaft that didn't have the max distance but had better dispersion and more consistent length and still considerably long.  I would always like to have a "slightly" shorter but lower dispersion.  

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

If you take out the one outlier with the s300 you have a more consistent distance and similar dispersion.  Plus a couple yards longer.

I can see why that was the recommendation from the fitter.

That said the numbers are close enough that I would say it comes down to feel and a Trackman can't tell you that.  Which one felt better swinging?  Which was easier to hit?

It looks like the s300 is a little longer with less spin.  GolfSpy Meyer has a good point the dispersion is very close if you remove the one outlier.  

If you feel like you need a little more stopping power (spin) on your approach shots then go with C Taper, if you want a little more distance with less spin s300.  It looks like both are very close so you really can't go wrong.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

It looks like the s300 is a little longer with less spin. GolfSpy Meyer has a good point the dispersion is very close if you remove the one outlier.

If you feel like you need a little more stopping power (spin) on your approach shots then go with C Taper, if you want a little more distance with less spin s300. It looks like both are very close so you really can't go wrong.

that brings up another point we worked on, we tried many other shafts and they were up over 6000, up to 6500, he went with these 2 to keep the spin down, i am naturally a high ball high spin hitter, the one shot that is far left was a straight pull. I was also wondering if you guys that have used heavy shafts like this have ever just felt they were too heavy by the end of a long round?

If you take out the one outlier with the s300 you have a more consistent distance and similar dispersion.  Plus a couple yards longer.

I can see why that was the recommendation from the fitter.

That said the numbers are close enough that I would say it comes down to feel and a Trackman can't tell you that.  Which one felt better swinging?  Which was easier to hit?

It looks like the s300 is a little longer with less spin.  GolfSpy Meyer has a good point the dispersion is very close if you remove the one outlier.  

If you feel like you need a little more stopping power (spin) on your approach shots then go with C Taper, if you want a little more distance with less spin s300.  It looks like both are very close so you really can't go wrong.  

These sum it up pretty well.   If it was me and just going off the numbers and not having swung them, I'd go with C-Taper.  I've personally just never loved DG, they are very good shafts and I know many consider them the "gold" standard.     But I have C-Taper Lite's and they are just very consistent and good feeling. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'd go with the ones that feel the best because in the end, you're the one who will have to play em. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I used S300 for years and the weight wasn't an issue. But that is something you need to decide. What are you currently using and what is the weight difference?

Is this the underlying reason for the question? You hit both shaft about the same with a little more distance with the. S300. If you are concerned about end of round weight, get a club with an S300 shaft and go hit a couple of buckets of balls and see what you think.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'd always lean toward accuracy unless the distance was way off. And in this case the distances are negligible IMO. Like Meyer... feel is important also.

So which one?

Edit: Did you try any graphite or steel-fiber?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'd always lean toward accuracy unless the distance was way off. And in this case the distances are negligible IMO. Like Meyer... feel is important also.

So which one?

Edit: Did you try any graphite or steel-fiber?

Both felt good, s300 might have felt a very slight bit better but very close, they said graphite was not am option at my swing speed and they don't carry steelfiber. I might go back a differnt day and hit them again, i didnt feel my ball striking was up to par when i did this.

With these numbers you can go either way the S300 is slightly longer and the dispersion is the same. At this I base it off feel. Was there on shaft that felt better than the other. I was in a similar situation on my last fitting were the numbers were near identical and I went with what felt better and I couldn't be happier.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

they said graphite was not am option at my swing speed

Hmmm..... puzzling statement to me. Graphite has come a long way and I don't think this is accurate.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hmmm..... puzzling statement to me. Graphite has come a long way and I don't think this is accurate.

There are stiff graphite shafts available but they said that my dispersion would be worse than with a steel, i wasn't really interested in graphite so i didnt ask any more about it.

Both felt good, s300 might have felt a very slight bit better but very close, they said graphite was not am option at my swing speed and they don't carry steelfiber. I might go back a differnt day and hit them again, i didnt feel my ball striking was up to par when i did this.

Wow!

Hate to say it but your fitter doesn't sound very knowledgeable with a statement like that. Even if your swing speed is top tour level you can play a graphite.

Wonder what else he's decided isn't for your game?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Wow!

Hate to say it but your fitter doesn't sound very knowledgeable with a statement like that. Even if your swing speed is top tour level you can play a graphite.

Wonder what else he's decided isn't for your game?

That's one heck of a question at the end of that post Plaid!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wow, you guys are brutal, if i was interested in graphite he would have gladly tried them, i didnt care to so that doesn't really matter, we spent well over am hour liking at numbers from alot of shafts, some had slightly better dispersion but about 10 yards shorter, a differnt day might show slightly differnt outcome, i will hit then again before i order them. This place probably sells more Mizuno than any other golf store in Michigan.

wow, you guys are brutal, if i was interested in graphite he would have gladly tried them

Not being brutal, just questioning a fitter that would say your swing was too fast for graphite. You are now saying that you weren't interested in graphite. You not being interested is fine, but now we see it wasn't the fitter

Not being brutal, just questioning a fitter that would say your swing was too fast for graphite. You are now saying that you weren't interested in graphite. You not being interested is fine, but now we see it wasn't the fitter

In post 18 i said i really wasn't interested in graphite .

In post 18 i said i really wasn't interested in graphite .

My post was #17 about the quality of graphite.

wow, you guys are brutal, if i was interested in graphite he would have gladly tried them, i didnt care to so that doesn't really matter, we spent well over am hour liking at numbers from alot of shafts, some had slightly better dispersion but about 10 yards shorter, a differnt day might show slightly differnt outcome, i will hit then again before i order them. This place probably sells more Mizuno than any other golf store in Michigan.

I know graphite wasn't on your list but Mizuno offers a no cost upgrade to the UST Recoil 110/95. As a guy who played X100 hard stepped most my life I can promise you modern graphite can handle even the hardest swings.

But what you get with graphite over steel is better consistency through the set, nice dampening for the old hands and elbows, and a cooler look overall (my opinion).

If you're in no hurry I'd at least swing the Recoils. I play the 95 F5's and Steelfiber 95s now and love how fresh I feel after 36 holes.

Slightly off topic here, but there is a difference between anyone can play graphite and graphite will be great for everyone.

Especially if you want a heavier weight shaft in the 120-130g range the options are extremely slim pickings.  Especially if your goal is lower spin.  During my last fitting I hit every graphite iron shaft they had in the shop (club champion so they had quite a few) and none could produce the results I was getting with properly fit steel.

Back on topic to OP.

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on this selection.  Either will be a good fit for you and I would base the final decision on how they feel to you.  Going back in and hitting them again seems like a great idea.  Let us know what you end up with!

When all things are equal, you gotta go with feel. If you don't, every shot you hit on-course will remind you, “Man, that other shaft felt SO much better. I should've gotten those.”

Plus, we're not you... Don't take too much advice... Is my advice... Take it or leave it... Ha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived