Trackman fitting results

Our Sponsors

Wow!

Hate to say it but your fitter doesn't sound very knowledgeable with a statement like that. Even if your swing speed is top tour level you can play a graphite.

Wonder what else he's decided isn't for your game?

That's one heck of a question at the end of that post Plaid!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow!

Hate to say it but your fitter doesn't sound very knowledgeable with a statement like that. Even if your swing speed is top tour level you can play a graphite.

Wonder what else he's decided isn't for your game?

Plaid with the mic drop!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

wow, you guys are brutal, if i was interested in graphite he would have gladly tried them, i didnt care to so that doesn't really matter, we spent well over am hour liking at numbers from alot of shafts, some had slightly better dispersion but about 10 yards shorter, a differnt day might show slightly differnt outcome, i will hit then again before i order them. This place probably sells more Mizuno than any other golf store in Michigan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wow, you guys are brutal, if i was interested in graphite he would have gladly tried them

Not being brutal, just questioning a fitter that would say your swing was too fast for graphite. You are now saying that you weren't interested in graphite. You not being interested is fine, but now we see it wasn't the fitter

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not being brutal, just questioning a fitter that would say your swing was too fast for graphite. You are now saying that you weren't interested in graphite. You not being interested is fine, but now we see it wasn't the fitter

In post 18 i said i really wasn't interested in graphite .

In post 18 i said i really wasn't interested in graphite .

My post was #17 about the quality of graphite.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

wow, you guys are brutal, if i was interested in graphite he would have gladly tried them, i didnt care to so that doesn't really matter, we spent well over am hour liking at numbers from alot of shafts, some had slightly better dispersion but about 10 yards shorter, a differnt day might show slightly differnt outcome, i will hit then again before i order them. This place probably sells more Mizuno than any other golf store in Michigan.

I know graphite wasn't on your list but Mizuno offers a no cost upgrade to the UST Recoil 110/95. As a guy who played X100 hard stepped most my life I can promise you modern graphite can handle even the hardest swings.

But what you get with graphite over steel is better consistency through the set, nice dampening for the old hands and elbows, and a cooler look overall (my opinion).

If you're in no hurry I'd at least swing the Recoils. I play the 95 F5's and Steelfiber 95s now and love how fresh I feel after 36 holes.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic here, but there is a difference between anyone can play graphite and graphite will be great for everyone.

Especially if you want a heavier weight shaft in the 120-130g range the options are extremely slim pickings.  Especially if your goal is lower spin.  During my last fitting I hit every graphite iron shaft they had in the shop (club champion so they had quite a few) and none could produce the results I was getting with properly fit steel.

Back on topic to OP.

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on this selection.  Either will be a good fit for you and I would base the final decision on how they feel to you.  Going back in and hitting them again seems like a great idea.  Let us know what you end up with!

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

When all things are equal, you gotta go with feel. If you don't, every shot you hit on-course will remind you, “Man, that other shaft felt SO much better. I should've gotten those.”

Plus, we're not you... Don't take too much advice... Is my advice... Take it or leave it... Ha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"