Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I replaced mine with a Matby an HDI iron. Unfortunately they are being discontinued as they were not a big seller which is a true shame. It's a hybrid for guys who hate hybrids. So easy to hit, forgiv

I've got the same 3, 4 and 5 in my bag. It is a shame they're being discontinued because I really like mine.

I currently carry a 3 hybrid, and have toyed with the idea of a utility iron in place of my standard 4 iron. Thinking along the lines of standard 5 iron, iron like 4 hybrid/utility, standard 3 hybrid.

Posted Images

where did you get fitted ?  AGC ?

yup. my coworker knows TJ and introduced me like 6 months ago

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

There is something to be said about a driving iron.  I currently carry the 4i from my AP2 set- but only pull it out about once a round- I think I could use a driving iron (based on distances) but am waiting on feedback from my Shotscope performance dashboard before I invest in anything.  I need to have at least 10 rounds in the system before I think the information is of true value.  Anything before that is really valid statistically.

• Like 1

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

yup. my coworker knows TJ and introduced me like 6 months ago

Good People, Joey is a good friend of mine.  Just ordered a Basilues Fiamma 2 from them before the Holidays.. 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Not a 4i, but I replaced the 3i in my bag with an MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi as a recommendation from my fitter. I tried hybrids, but I haven't found one that I can keep from going left. @jlukes reached out to Mizuno on Twitter and they recommended the same shaft he games in his irons, and my fitter did as well. Waiting for the Fli-Hi to arrive, but the demo I hit in the stock c-taper was much more consistent than my 900 Tour 3i. Doesn't really go "hi" but the distance is where I need it.

Going to have to take a look at these.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

There is something to be said about a driving iron.  I currently carry the 4i from my AP2 set- but only pull it out about once a round- I think I could use a driving iron (based on distances) but am waiting on feedback from my Shotscope performance dashboard before I invest in anything.  I need to have at least 10 rounds in the system before I think the information is of true value.  Anything before that is really valid statistically.

I am waiting the same on my end to make my decision. Thinking about getting a lesson on Trackman to get my distances down and decide what I need loft gap wise

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

I'd take a look at the U65 from Srixon since you play Srixon irons.  I loved my Z-565 3 and 4 irons, one of the easiest long iron to hit IMHO.

• Like 1

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I have carried a Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid for quite awhile. Actually, it is the only club that has stayed in my bag. I use it to go Low under trees and can get 185 yds out of it on a good day. The club adjusts from 16* to 19* so I use it like a 3 Iron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

• 2 months later...

I currently carry a 3 hybrid, and have toyed with the idea of a utility iron in place of my standard 4 iron. Thinking along the lines of standard 5 iron, iron like 4 hybrid/utility, standard 3 hybrid.

What have you guys that replaced your 4 iron replaced it with? Hybrid or Utility iron, and what did you use? Like or dislike? I am thinking about either a Srixon ZU65, Ping Crossover, or Cobra Utility iron, all would be graphite shaft.

Resurrecting this one with an update. Have gotten a couple of days practice and play with my new Srixon U45 23* iron, and I absolutely LOVE it!

I picked up a new Steel shafted U45 for 85 bucks and put a $25 Aldila NVS Hybrid 85S shaft in it and get about 205 carry from the fairway. Nice high draws every time and it fits into the gap between my 5 iron and 3 hybrid perfectly. I am honestly toying with the idea of getting a 20* with the same shaft to see if it can bump the G30 3 hybrid I currently carry and to give me a longer option for off the tee. I have hit the G30 well from the fairway but struggled with it off the tee oddly enough.

If you are considering a utility iron make sure you give the Srixon's a try!

If you are considering a utility iron make sure you give the Srixon's a try!

Congratulations! That's good news. And since no one commented on the Ping crossover I can say that it's worth a look too. I have the G 4 crossover and love it. It's at 21* and they also have a 3 and 5 I believe. It already has a graphite shaft as well. I can get 205 total off the tee with one but more importantly it goes straight and it's easy to control. I've hit a low punch out with it just fine. And it flies off the tee.

• Like 1

Krank Formula X LAGP Ozik Black Tie 70X 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

Congratulations! That's good news. And since no one commented on the Ping crossover I can say that it's worth a look too. I have the G 4 crossover and love it. It's at 21* and they also have a 3 and 5 I believe. It already has a graphite shaft as well. I can get 205 total off the tee with one but more importantly it goes straight and it's easy to control. I've hit a low punch out with it just fine. And it flies off the tee.

Slap I had commented on my Ping G200 crossover in a different post - I love the club particularly of the tee.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

If you're still looking, check out the Cobra F7 hybrid, the rails are amazing. If you get the 3/4 or 4/5, plenty of loft options to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° TBD

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I replaced my 4i with another 4i.

I pulled my Wishon 771 4i a couple of years back and in it's place I bagged and older TM Burner 2.0 4i. Although the Wishon 4i was fit to me I never really played it all that well. It's not very forgiving. Small head-thin sole, etc. The Burners are more of a Game Improving type of irons. Larger heads, wider soles, more offset, etc. It was a good move on my part.

As for Hybrids... I've never played them very well either and I have 4 of them laying around. Including a custom fit one.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I really like the idea of blending in powerful yet forgiving irons (P790, PXG, Forged Tec Black, Rogue, ect...) at the top of a set to close the gap with a hybrid without sacrificing a wedge

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Clubs will not correct swing flaws. Get your swing right first and then buy clubs.

How dare you bring these “swing correction” ideas into a golf equipment discussion?????? 🧐

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° TBD

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I grabbed a Callaway Apex 4 Hybrid and reshafted it with a KBS steel hybrid shaft, shortened a half inch. It's been so good!! Perfect long iron replacement. So good, that I dropped the 5 iron for an Apex 5H!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk