Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2011 Callaway X RAZR Irons

GolfSpy_X

As I just asked about the driver, what does this offer that is new and better?

As far as looks, I'm not a fan.

Ditto and ditto. Did they steal that from an old F-18? I'm curious as to what they say the missing squares in the sole is for. If I was a betting man, I'd say they'd tell us it's to lower the CG (the stock answer)... but how could the CG be lower if weight is missing from the sole? It would be raised, making it harder to hit for most of us. Now I'm curious as to what a press release would say...

Ditto and ditto. Did they steal that from an old F-18? I'm curious as to what they say the missing squares in the sole is for. If I was a betting man, I'd say they'd tell us it's to lower the CG (the stock answer)... but how could the CG be lower if weight is missing from the sole? It would be raised, making it harder to hit for most of us. Now I'm curious as to what a press release would say...

Good question. If they were cut out of the sole, I would guess that it would "improve club/turf interaction" but those cuts look like they're more cosmetic than anything.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Newsflash! Large OEM's release clubs every year (or more frequently) to spike sales, not because technology demands it. Run from anyone who tells you otherwise.

With that said, I like the looks of them :blush:

+1- it IS about making shareholders happy. Didn't used to be that way, though... Without putting words in anyone's mouths, it seems more like the fact that Callaway moved the rest of their production to Mexico that's the worst part. As far as I know (well, think I know... anyone that knows more feel free to chime in) Ping is the only company left in the US...at least, as far as "major" OEMs are concerned. That can be a major draw for people and to have that taken away- it's not a great feeling, especially if that company was a personal favorite.

I am able to see and hit these clubs next Tuesday. I f anyone is interested Iwill give you feed back. As far as major companies releasing new clubs every year, this club is replacing a set of irons that have been in the line since 2009. Ping does not make there clubs in the USA any longer, China just like everybody else, sorry to disapoint.

I am able to see and hit these clubs next Tuesday. I f anyone is interested Iwill give you feed back. As far as major companies releasing new clubs every year, this club is replacing a set of irons that have been in the line since 2009. Ping does not make there clubs in the USA any longer, China just like everybody else, sorry to disapoint.

That's a disappointment...

Lookswise it is unbelievably ugly. How can you mess up a CB design like that i wonder ?

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

• 2 weeks later...

very busy. think the original x forged looked the best. they really don't read that callaway logo there. otherwise it might look ok

As I said a couple of weeks ago, I was able to demo the new line. It looks alot better in person.I have always played forged irons I am swithing to the razrx tour. Great looking and veru good feel for cast. I had three friends of mine demo the clubs and all three ordered sets. Two razrx tour and one razr. Pictures don't do most clubs justice.

Archived