Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Fitness & Golfing Goals?

ole gray

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no fun going to the first tee and flubbing it from being super stiff.

And us old guys can tear something up in these cold weather months.   :blink:

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I've noticed recently that my mobility is really lacking. So I'm gonna be adding some exercises to help me improve it

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

My big goal for 2018 is to shoot 10 sub 80 rounds. I had a similar goal for 2017 and I can honestly say that I did not shoot a single round under 80. Very frustrating, however after a very productive iron fitting in the early fall, I feel much better in attaching that goal. I'm going to be placing a lot more of my efforts to increasing my GIR from 40% along with my FIR to above 33%. Smarter club selection on the tee box, and accuracy over distance is my approach to helping my FIR and smarter shots into greens (less pin seeking) will be my approach to tackle the GIR stat.

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S
Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

Feeling very good this week. I have really started eating well and working out more often. The looming trip to Mexico driving the motivation also.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Two things have helped me maintain a single digit handicap.Cardio , I will run - fast walk twice daily.My goal is 15 minutes twice a day. Will do it before work and before I go to bed at my local fitness world.Which equates to two miles a day.I also take a few backswings every day with no ball.And my main goal is to see how long I can stretch my arms back and up. Just a way of stretching my golf muscles and keeping a feel of width. I'm not on any body muscle building crusade. Just one more health and golf related. The cardio daily has really helped me produce more speed and consistency in my swing over the years. And all of this takes less than 45 minutes out of my busy schedules

Well here it is almost the end of January and I'm still working out daily. One of my longer term goals was to ratchet up the number of reps in each exercise group every month so we'll see how that goes beginning Thursday .

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 1 month later...

Went back to the gym this afternoon after taking 3 months off due to injury.Doing this very very light and even ran for 10 minutes of cardio.No bench press or shoulder work until I get the ok per the doctor.Really missed not being here more.And never realized how much fitness means to my life.I felt more enjoyment just being in the gym for an hour than I can post here.Cant wait to go back

Keep it in the short stuff

Went back to the gym this afternoon after taking 3 months off due to injury.Doing this very very light and even ran for 10 minutes of cardio.No bench press or shoulder work until I get the ok per the doctor.Really missed not being here more.And never realized how much fitness means to my life.I felt more enjoyment just being in the gym for an hour than I can post here.Cant wait to go back

Amen brother! Gym time is happy time It's hard not to come out of my gym without strutting like a stud rooster

Cleveland

I got down to about 155-160 last year (I'm only 5'5") so I was in decent shape then.  It seems over the holidays and the last few months of my wife's pregnancy, I've been eating quite a bit more than I should.  I've continued to run and go to the gym, but I need to get my diet back in shape.  I'm hoping over the next month or so I can get back down to where I was. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the gym 3 times a week for the last month.Getting back into it again slowly and doing more reps than heavy weight.Ive always found that I see more gains going to the gym regularly.Versus working on my golf game for improvement.Not sure how this happens.My body and health can make some radical changes for the positive in a few months time at a gym.Where working on my game just as hard shows very little or even worse at times.I might just have better grasp on what it takes to get in shape.But after decades of golf I seem to have little to no grasp of it at times

Anyone else relate to this?

I went to the gym 3 times a week for the last month.Getting back into it again slowly and doing more reps than heavy weight.Ive always found that I see more gains going to the gym regularly.Versus working on my golf game for improvement.Not sure how this happens.My body and health can make some radical changes for the positive in a few months time at a gym.Where working on my game just as hard shows very little or even worse at times.I might just have better grasp on what it takes to get in shape.But after decades of golf I seem to have little to no grasp of it at times

Anyone else relate to this?

Same here. Lighter weights with more reps is my ticket. And if I practice too much I usually practice the wrong way and my swing goes crooked.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

B372DAF1-92B7-405F-9C05-975D2FD25AC2.jpeg just got this a few days ago.Anyone that has a bad shoulder can start to bench again using this.I only did light weight.This belt really forces you to use a correct form.Really loved pushing up weight today pain free

Archived