TESTERS WANTED! ×

Future Driver Design Idea!

GolfSpy_X

Wow! That looks freakin' awesome!

What is it? A ball retriever? A cup on a stick? Some kind of mini drum? A drug smuggling device? An ashtray?

Seriously though, I'd play it!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

If you were going to take out a huge chunk why not remove the crown all together? Much lower COG that way.

I believe that would never work as the whole process recently with drivers has been to make the face thinner and thinner in order to gain as much distance as possible. Now they have come up with different materials to help keep the face strong while still having the rebound effect, but If there where no crown the face would collapse. maybe some support beams to the heal but that would look even worse then the Cleveland Hi bore Drivers and woods with that goofy sunken crown to move weight back and low. Now if you want just a face with a sole I still believ you'll need some type of angle support from top to bottom along wiith sides. That's probably why drivers are hollow? JAT. ;)

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

it looks like a new DYSON hand held vacuum cleaner...haha but seriously thats pretty sweet lookin, not as a golf club but from an artist's viewpoint

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

Looks like a retro fish tank.

LOL- agreed. Seriously, though, other than having a funky-looking driver, it can't/won't be better than anything out there. Unless the USGA and R&A go lax on their equipment Rules, everything's maxed out. If the face IS super-springy, a golf ball thrown at 100mph better not come off the face more than 83mph (the .83 COR rule). It'd be nonconforming if it didn't.

Look at that huge hosel... there'd have to be a good chunk of weight in the sole to offset the weight of the hosel- unless it was made of some mysterious superlightweight metal. If not, the COG would be in the heel... not really condusive to the people this driver'd likely be designed for.

I will say that this is interesting to look at and a nice conversation piece. It's just not that feasible, in my opinion. But hey, the original SQ driver was polarizing when it first came out.

But air contains 78% nitrogen...

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

I want a driver I can fill with helium. Not for any performance benefits, just so I can take a gasp of it right before I say "You're up!" on the tee box. :D :lol:

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I had a pair of googles that looked just like that when I took swimming lessons, that stick you see pictured is the snorkel. I think you posted to the wrong site please goto

www.myswimgearspy.com Thank You

• SPY VIP

It's the new 2011 offering from...... HAMMER!

POW!

Although the new Nike VR Ladleâ„¢ will not help you hit the ball over a mountain, you can take a nice drink from each water hazard with it.

(I still think that is a swoosh or maybe a chevron)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I had a pair of googles that looked just like that when I took swimming lessons, that stick you see pictured is the snorkel. I think you posted to the wrong site please goto

www.myswimgearspy.com Thank You

Although the new Nike VR Ladleâ„¢ will not help you hit the ball over a mountain, you can take a nice drink from each water hazard with it.

(I still think that is a swoosh or maybe a chevron)

That's good stuff! LMAO!

Archived