TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

So I fell off on this thread, but man everyone is doing great! Next week I'm back to cardio. I tried to start lifting 2 weeks ago but my shoulder still was not ready. It's driving me nuts. My son (4) said man dad your arms are soft last weekend. All I could do was laugh. I have a new goal of 170 by Nov 18. I'm back up to 178 and I'm going to be traveling for work a ton so it will be a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You can do it!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

My body and KOEPKA are almost the same.Both are stocky.Big difference is age and he can hit a ball better than anyone.Where no matter how many lessons I take for golf I just can't get it.And probably one of the biggest hacks on here

Im looking for a more muscular toning look.Ive been studying every diet and watching a billion YouTube videos on how too do this.The great game of golf is almost not even on my radar now . Compared with dieting and body goals. I also love being called a gym rat

Keep it in the short stuff

IMG_1275.JPG

One pound to go. This shirt is a medium and a comfortable fit. I was a tight extra large in February.

I'm still down a little bit week to week .2 this past week - closer to a pound other weeks.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

attachicon.gif IMG_1275.JPG

One pound to go. This shirt is a medium and a comfortable fit. I was a tight extra large in February.

I'm still down a little bit week to week .2 this past week - closer to a pound other weeks.

Nice! Next goal could be getting a FJ Athletic Fit shirt

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Its Back to School for everyone so back to diet. I dropped the four pounds that I carried over the summer. Way cool, back down to 184,Ten pounds to go. I think one of the things I missed the most this summer was my new normal cooking at home to my diet plan which uses a lot of Indian spicing. The side effect of using Turmeric is my rheumatoid arthritis has not effected me since March.. until I went off the recipes I had been using.  I'm back to it this week... and no more joint pain!  Love this! Lower Blood Pressure, lower heart rate, no joint pain... all without drugs!!!

In my bag

Drivers: Grenade II, Standard flex!

FW Woods:  Cobra Fly-Z set 14.5* w/VLCT-Sp Stiff graphite shaft

Irons:  Taylor Made Speed Blades tweeked 1* w/graphite Matrix 55 gram  M shafts

Wedges:   Taylor Made Speed Blade P & A w/Matrix 55 gram M shaft, 56* SCOR V sole w/Genius 9 graphite shaft, Cleveland 60* w/steel Stiff shaft.
Putter:   SeeMore X2 custom

Balls: Snell

Its Back to School for everyone so back to diet. I dropped the four pounds that I carried over the summer. Way cool, back down to 184,Ten pounds to go. I think one of the things I missed the most this summer was my new normal cooking at home to my diet plan which uses a lot of Indian spicing. The side effect of using Turmeric is my rheumatoid arthritis has not effected me since March.. until I went off the recipes I had been using. I'm back to it this week... and no more joint pain! Love this! Lower Blood Pressure, lower heart rate, no joint pain... all without drugs!!!

Are you a teacher?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I pulled the tape measure out today - my measurables have improved so much since this started.

3 inches on the chest and hips, 6 inches on the waste - my waste is now two full inches less then my chest measurement.

My BMI is at 22.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I pulled the tape measure out today - my measurables have improved so much since this started.

3 inches on the chest and hips, 6 inches on the waste - my waste is now two full inches less then my chest measurement.

My BMI is at 22.

Keep it up rev!

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

We used to return to school on the Wednesday after Labor Day.

Civilization is in complete freefall!

So does this call for a political comment?

Things change Nifty - The advantage to the earlier start is ending the semester before Christmas. It is a more logical break.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My diet special sandwich:

Slice a thirty inch baguette laterally.

Apply the following ingredients.

Sliced mortadella.

Sliced prociutto.

Sliced capicola.

Sliced Genoa salami.

Sliced provolone.

Shredded lettuce.

Diced tomatoes.

Diced pickles.

Diced red onions.

Julienned banana peppers.

Sliced black olives.

A sprinkle of hot red pepper.

Dress with olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing.

Cut stuffed 30" baguette in half.

Eat half for lunch,  half for your midnight snack before you go to bed.

Wash down with either Chianti or Guinness Stout. .

I can all but guarantee you the same health metrics that I enjoy.

Things change Nifty - The advantage to the earlier start is ending the semester before Christmas. It is a more logical break.

Political comment Not me🤫

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Disrespect for organized labor, screwing up the traditional Labor Day Weekend!.  

Plus you know my capacity for change, Rev.

Rev

There are pluses and minuses to starting before/after Labor Day. We live in a vacation area that employs a lot of high school and college kids. Once they start going back it school, I t creates lots of service issues since most of the restaurants, shops etc. lose their staff.

I seem to recall that Michigan at one point mandated schools not start until after Labor Day for the same reason.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

attachicon.gif 4CAA4505-89D5-4C65-9272-2C194E9F5961.jpeg

Found this today.Radical, But sounds like results work.Less than 800 calories a day.A quick few week diet to get you going.And I love eggs and fruit

I'll only say, 800 cals is NOTHING. When I broke my heel in Jan, I cut back to 1200. Some days I didn't have that much, but don't think I was ever as low as 800. Drink a LOT of water, & you'll need some serious willpower. This will make you drop weight for sure, however.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

800 might be good for a quick fix but it's not really healthy. This is the general guideline.

A pound of fat equals 3,500 calories, which means, to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week, you need to burn off 500 to 1,000 calories more per day than you consume -- or between 3,500 and 7,000 calories per week.

Just be careful with extreme diets.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thanks MGOblue. In 5 weeks I went from a size 38 pants down to a snug 34.My goal is size 32.Im not really losing a ton of weight, (8 lbs). But I'm working tons of ab and stomach work trimming those up.And I wear a weight loss belt when I work out that makes me sweat like crazy and pushes your stomach in real tight .With the above diet if I could shed maybe 10 lbs using my work outs I would reach my goal.Than all I would do is maintenance.But I feel like a new person.No candy/ snacks (apples and banana only),no fast food either.And I'm doing zero cardio.. just heavy lifting for an hour and half 4 days a week

I agree Matt.Ive heard about people developing an egg allergy from this some negative reactions.Im in my 50 years and want too make it to 100

Keep it in the short stuff

A lot of these 'diets' will result in nutritional deficiencies and can cause long term harm. The basis is caloric restriction but you're going to miss out on a lot of necessary nutrients your body needs on a daily basis. 

Big Money, you seem like a guy on a mission and I applaud you for that...but these extreme/crash diets, etc won't do you any good long term. Sometimes weight loss takes awhile. Patience is key. We may set a goal that really isn't obtainable on our timeline if we take a good look at our body. Don't worry, you'll get there. For long-term, sustained results, nothing beats a healthy, balanced diet and hard work in the gym. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Thanks MGOblue. In 5 weeks I went from a size 38 pants down to a snug 34.My goal is size 32.Im not really losing a ton of weight, (8 lbs). But I'm working tons of ab and stomach work trimming those up.And I wear a weight loss belt when I work out that makes me sweat like crazy and pushes your stomach in real tight .With the above diet if I could shed maybe 10 lbs using my work outs I would reach my goal.Than all I would do is maintenance.But I feel like a new person.No candy/ snacks (apples and banana only),no fast food either.And I'm doing zero cardio.. just heavy lifting for an hour and half 4 days a week

I agree Matt.Ive heard about people developing an egg allergy from this some negative reactions.Im in my 50 years and want too make it to 100

These fad diets can cause long term health problems.

In any diet that restricts main nutrients (like the egg diet, restricts carbs and calories) there is cause for major concern. You may lose weight but you will not be doing it healthily. This egg diet will also be high in cholesterol, which could cause some heart problems down the line.

A healthy diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, and grains will be your best bet to lose weight.

I would also recommend incorporating some cardio into your workouts. Even if it is just walking a mile or so any cardio will help. Cardio will help you lose wieght much better than weight lifting.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Rev

There are pluses and minuses to starting before/after Labor Day. We live in a vacation area that employs a lot of high school and college kids. Once they start going back it school, I t creates lots of service issues since most of the restaurants, shops etc. lose their staff.

I seem to recall that Michigan at one point mandated schools not start until after Labor Day for the same reason.

Absolutely - I'm simply giving the rationale for the pre Labor Day start here. Like Nifty I grew up with a post Labor Day start- summer vacation really was just that. You have to be able to adapt though.

On another note I wish you would be cautious about that Diet Big Money. Take care of yourself.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Are you a teacher?

In my bag

Wedges:   Taylor Made Speed Blade P & A w/Matrix 55 gram M shaft, 56* SCOR V sole w/Genius 9 graphite shaft, Cleveland 60* w/steel Stiff shaft.

Rev, my wife is a professor at a local college. As for me I'm just a plumber but i work for a boiler manufacture. Part of my time is dedicated to teach contractors how to install high efficiency boilers.

In my bag

Down to 292 this morning, just a few more lbs and I will have lost 50lbs so far this year. I also hit a personal best running 20 straight minutes the other day.

Down to 292 this morning, just a few more lbs and I will have lost 50lbs so far this year. I also hit a personal best running 20 straight minutes the other day.

Theoo that's an awesome result. Congrats! I knew you'd get there.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Theoo that's an awesome result. Congrats! I knew you'd get there.

Thanks! I still got a few more weeks until I head to Houston so maybe I can get down to mid 280s by then