Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

I have learned a lot throughout this process. An early poster mentioned calorie counting - everything he wrote was true but calorie counting would not work for me any more than a fad diet.

I'm visual and I'm competitive. Tell me what to eat, give me a picture of what my plate should look like and what type(s) of exercise I need to do and I will do it. Put me in a group and I will strive to stay in the lead pack.

That's what has worked for me and it's really been simple. I've joked that I've changed my fitness by eating more (that's true, I eat way more types of certain foods than I ever have) and that the only food that I've given up eating are cheese it's. That's true also, For example I've had pizza - a couple of slices once a month rather than half a large pie once a week.

I've learned that a night time meal screw up (normally something with too much salt in it or wine) takes two days to undo. Clearly my three day holiday is taken no four - my weight is almost back to what it was last Friday. I don't feel bad, I planned the vacation, I didn't go bonkers and stayed active but predictably I gained a pound and a half eating small portions of rich foods and drinking a bit too much.

What I've learned most of all about fitness is that slow and steady wins this race. It was fun walking into the pro shop at the PGA club, asking the pro's advice on color scheme to go with my new shorts and having him go to the Medium section to grab a couple of shirts for me and say - these may be a tad big on you.

When I was there last December it would have been a tight extra large.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Image-1.jpg

So I didn't just hit my goal I crushed it! Time to set a new one after I get back from Houston. Thinking of trying to get to 250 by the end of the year maybe but either way, I'm pretty pleased with myself and being able to keep this weight off for the last year plus. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

attachicon.gif Image-1.jpg

So I didn't just hit my goal I crushed it! Time to set a new one after I get back from Houston. Thinking of trying to get to 250 by the end of the year maybe but either way, I'm pretty pleased with myself and being able to keep this weight off for the last year plus.

We have a very similar goal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Top work Theoo!!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Strong work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Thanks guys! Can't wait to see what 250 looks like on me

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Great job, Theo!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Very proud of you my friend! Great job

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Wow

Awesome theo

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Wow

Awesome theo

Thanks, I was even down another 3lbs this morning.

I have learned a lot throughout this process. An early poster mentioned calorie counting - everything he wrote was true but calorie counting would not work for me any more than a fad diet.

I'm visual and I'm competitive. Tell me what to eat, give me a picture of what my plate should look like and what type(s) of exercise I need to do and I will do it. Put me in a group and I will strive to stay in the lead pack.

That's what has worked for me and it's really been simple. I've joked that I've changed my fitness by eating more (that's true, I eat way more types of certain foods than I ever have) and that the only food that I've given up eating are cheese it's. That's true also, For example I've had pizza - a couple of slices once a month rather than half a large pie once a week.

I've learned that a night time meal screw up (normally something with too much salt in it or wine) takes two days to undo. Clearly my three day holiday is taken no four - my weight is almost back to what it was last Friday. I don't feel bad, I planned the vacation, I didn't go bonkers and stayed active but predictably I gained a pound and a half eating small portions of rich foods and drinking a bit too much.

What I've learned most of all about fitness is that slow and steady wins this race. It was fun walking into the pro shop at the PGA club, asking the pro's advice on color scheme to go with my new shorts and having him go to the Medium section to grab a couple of shirts for me and say - these may be a tad big on you.

When I was there last December it would have been a tight extra large.

So glad to have read this and so glad for you

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

Thanks, I was even down another 3lbs this morning.

Awesome

But I will show no mercy during the review

IMG_1117.GIF

Dexterity:

Awesome

But I will show no mercy during the review

attachicon.gif IMG_1117.GIF

Okay that gif didn't work

iPod ain't so good for doing posts

Dexterity:

Now at a steady 200.5 ish to 198 when i go on the scale.Took me a long time breaking the soda-chips-snacks craving I had.The Pepsi 12 pack box is still in my pantry unopened since June.Was so embarrassed taking off my shirt in the past. But here is last year versus now.My overall calorie intake is way below what I burn off.Tons of bananas - salads - lean meat- veggies -hard boiled eggs- whey proteins- and gallons of water only.No sugared drinks at all either. Taking the week off since I really pushed myself the last month.Will continue diet, but taking a week off of heavy lifting.Once you start seeing weight come off this becomes so addicting.It has engulfed my entire life now.And I want more and more of it.I even had a stretch where I was losing a full pound every few days.The trainer also told me a few cheat days are actually good for the body.Really hesitant to eat a greasy burger and fries again though :(

Before size 40'pants : weight 235

After size 34 pants :weight 200.3

Keep it in the short stuff

Now at a steady 200.5 ish to 198 when i go on the scale.Took me a long time breaking the soda-chips-snacks craving I had.The Pepsi 12 pack box is still in my pantry unopened since June.Was so embarrassed taking off my shirt in the past. But here is last year versus now.My overall calorie intake is way below what I burn off.Tons of bananas - salads - lean meat- veggies -hard boiled eggs- whey proteins- and gallons of water only.No sugared drinks at all either. Taking the week off since I really pushed myself the last month.Will continue diet, but taking a week off of heavy lifting.Once you start seeing weight come off this becomes so addicting.It has engulfed my entire life now.And I want more and more of it.I even had a stretch where I was losing a full pound every few days.The trainer also told me a few cheat days are actually good for the body.Really hesitant to eat a greasy burger and fries again though :(

Beforeattachicon.gif 856E6DF1-6EC1-4CFD-A75C-8C2270FC2FB6.jpeg size 40'pants : weight 235

After attachicon.gif A8FA6944-ABDB-4568-BE0D-6F76AFA1698A.jpeg size 34 pants :weight 200.3

Awesome job

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Beforeattachicon.gif 856E6DF1-6EC1-4CFD-A75C-8C2270FC2FB6.jpeg size 40'pants : weight 235

After attachicon.gif A8FA6944-ABDB-4568-BE0D-6F76AFA1698A.jpeg size 34 pants :weight 200.3

Man that makes me feel good I wear 40s at 280 and wore 42 at 320... I must not have been too bad.

Thanks Rick,Ed and Tommc23.My bench is 205,arm curl weight is 45 lb dumbbell,Leg press is 540.Those are my maxes where I can do them safe without hurting myself.Once I can max those out with 6-9 reps than I will increase weight

Tommc, It is all in my stomach and it's size.Ive had and have a weird body, all weight goes in stomach area.And real bad on sides of stomach and in lower back.Its shrinking, but is a very difficult fight

Thanks Rick,Ed and Tommc23.My bench is 205,arm curl weight is 45 lb dumbbell,Leg press is 540.Those are my maxes where I can do them safe without hurting myself.Once I can max those out with 6-9 reps than I will increase weight

Tommc, It is all in my stomach and it's size.Ive had and have a weird body, all weight goes in stomach area.And real bad on sides of stomach and in lower back.Its shrinking, but is a very difficult fight

From doing strongman and powerlifting for years I have a huge back, legs and chest. I mean my chest was 56 inches at its largest. I have always been told I didn't look 300 lbs when I was 320. Everyone has their own body shape. Those numbers are pretty good I never used a leg press but I use to squat 500 plus.

From doing strongman and powerlifting for years I have a huge back, legs and chest. I mean my chest was 56 inches at its largest. I have always been told I didn't look 300 lbs when I was 320. Everyone has their own body shape. Those numbers are pretty good I never used a leg press but I use to squat 500 plus.

I've always had wide shoulders, big calves, and super big underdeveloped arms, plus gut.Had that build since I was 14 or 15 years old.So I have 45 years of one body mode that needs changed.I used too powerlift as well.So this diet and toning is completely foreign too me.Im judging my progress by how I feel / pant size / and weight

It's always encouraging to see how well everyone in here has been doing and I need to make sure I pop in here more often. It has been a rough year for weight loss but I am hoping to turn that around and finish the year off strong. I just transferred to a 4-yr university and have access to an on campus gym at no charge, and on top of that, I signed up for a pack of personal training sessions, so hopefully I can make the gym, and weight loss, more of an on going habit... Had the first session this past Saturday and my legs are still killing me today!

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

IMG_1330.JPG

Here I am in action. One of my members is a trainer in the Yankee organization. He left when camp broke in April so I sent him this picture yesterday because he won't be back until February. He got called up to the big club.

Very happy for him - great young man with a bright future. He's been a tremendous encouragement

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I don't know how ya'll can spend so much time on treadmills and ellipticals. 10 minutes on a rowing machine I had to move to something else, 15 minutes on the treadmill and I had to stop and move onto the heavy bag for 10 minutes. It was a good workout but could have been better if i could stay on a machine for longer without getting bored of the same view.

I don't know how ya'll can spend so much time on treadmills and ellipticals. 10 minutes on a rowing machine I had to move to something else, 15 minutes on the treadmill and I had to stop and move onto the heavy bag for 10 minutes. It was a good workout but could have been better if i could stay on a machine for longer without getting bored of the same view.

I tend to just zone out when I have to run. It's sucks but I know it's good for me in the long run

I can keep going without trouble but my add kicks in hard

Can you listen to music or stream a show on your phone?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I've lost about 15 lbs in the last 6 mos by reducing my portions, and going with a gluten-free diet, including no soft drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

attachicon.gif IMG_1330.JPG

Here I am in action. One of my members is a trainer in the Yankee organization. He left when camp broke in April so I sent him this picture yesterday because he won't be back until February. He got called up to the big club.

Very happy for him - great young man with a bright future. He's been a tremendous encouragement

I can do 1.5-2 miles on a treadmill depending on knee pain. All the treadmills have their own TV's with music or Comcast TV. Not that boring.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

attachicon.gif IMG_1330.JPG

I was about to ask where you've disappeared to!

Great job taking off the weight, you'll reap the rewards of all your effort.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy