Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

I have kind of been off the wagon for a few weeks due to travel and getting a little to lax with myself. Back at it again today and hoping to drop another 20 lbs before the new year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have kind of been off the wagon for a few weeks due to travel and getting a little to lax with myself. Back at it again today and hoping to drop another 20 lbs before the new year.

Right there with you. Had a rough few weeks with work, plus a bad back has made for a rough stretch. Starting round 2 of my program again. Lost almost 20 lbs with it the first time and that was without following the nutrition plan. Looking to nail own the nutrition plan and see what numbers I can get.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

For the past few months, my wife has been tracking her food in her Fitbit app, with great success - she lost around 20 lbs since July (and she didn't really need to lose as much as me). My old phone would not pair with my Fitbit, no matter what I did (even getting a replacement through their support). I finally got a new phone a week and a half ago and have been tracking my food too, which has been a great help in addition to us joining a gym a month, or so, ago. In mid May I was around 235, as of this morning I am 215.7. The Fitbit app seems like a good thing for me - it has really helped me avoid my after work snack that I really didn't need. I haven't really changed what I eat, just making sure to have reasonable amounts so I end up eating around 500 calories less than I burn.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Over the last nine months or so, I have been watching my food intake in both type and volume.   As a result, I have lost about 15 pounds.   I decided that my effort to lose weigh should be done rather slow and easy, because I am trying to change my dietary lifestyle.  If I had attempted some sort of crash diet, I feared that it would not be a genuine lifestyle change and when I reached my goal, I could revert back to my old lifestyle given what I thought could be the pain and aggravation of a crash effort.  

But now comes the holiday season.   I'm not sure how it happened, but our place has become the locale where my wife's rather large family gathers on the holidays, such as Thanksgiving tomorrow.   Every year, the wife says that she is not going to prepare as much food, but, every year, she fixes enough to feed an army.   While she gives everyone their share of leftovers to take home, we still have a lot of food remaining in the fridge to be eaten and most assuredly we will do so.   Once that is accomplished, Christmas and New Years is not that far away.  

Accordingly, I'm not sure how I am going to handle my typical holiday lifestyle.   I'm thinking that if I can not gain any weight or keep it to only two or three pounds, I did good.   I'm guessing that I am not the only one with holiday concerns, so permit me to ask, how do you handle it.

2 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Accordingly, I'm not sure how I am going to handle my typical holiday lifestyle.   I'm thinking that if I can not gain any weight or keep it to only two or three pounds, I did good.   I'm guessing that I am not the only one with holiday concerns, so permit me to ask, how do you handle it.

My goal is to make sure I do my best to burn more than I eat with extra trips to the gym over the holidays. I understand you have health concerns that may not make extra exercise practical. I'm also intending to try not to eat like a complete pig like I have been known to do. We'll see what happens. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Over the last nine months or so, I have been watching my food intake in both type and volume.   As a result, I have lost about 15 pounds.   I decided that my effort to lose weigh should be done rather slow and easy, because I am trying to change my dietary lifestyle.  If I had attempted some sort of crash diet, I feared that it would not be a genuine lifestyle change and when I reached my goal, I could revert back to my old lifestyle given what I thought could be the pain and aggravation of a crash effort.  

But now comes the holiday season.   I'm not sure how it happened, but our place has become the locale where my wife's rather large family gathers on the holidays, such as Thanksgiving tomorrow.   Every year, the wife says that she is not going to prepare as much food, but, every year, she fixes enough to feed an army.   While she gives everyone their share of leftovers to take home, we still have a lot of food remaining in the fridge to be eaten and most assuredly we will do so.   Once that is accomplished, Christmas and New Years is not that far away.  

Wahoo, compared to last year I'm way ahead of my weight issue. I'm pretty steady at 171 +/- 1-2 lbs which is down from 185.  I personally found that once I restricted my intake over several months I just don't eat that much anymore at a sitting. Now a caveat for me isn't how much I eat but rather what I eat. So tomorrow I'll have a normal portion of turkey ++, what I need to stay away from is excessive indulgence with sweets or alcohol. If I can do that I'm ok, but it is a struggle as I'm especially fond of sweets.  

Also since our course just closed down I need to accelerate the exercise program since less exercise (meaning golf) will slow down my metabolism (= more weight) . Hopefully between the two (less sweets, more exercise) I'll be ok. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Wahoo, compared to last year I'm way ahead of my weight issue. I'm pretty steady at 171 +/- 1-2 lbs which is down from 185.  I personally found that once I restricted my intake over several months I just don't eat that much anymore at a sitting. Now a caveat for me isn't how much I eat but rather what I eat. So tomorrow I'll have a normal portion of turkey ++, what I need to stay away from is excessive indulgence with sweets or alcohol. If I can do that I'm ok, but it is a struggle as I'm especially fond of sweets.  

Also since our course just closed down I need to accelerate the exercise program since less exercise (meaning golf) will slow down my metabolism (= more weight) . Hopefully between the two (less sweets, more exercise) I'll be ok. 

Like you, I do find that I now fill up faster, so to speak, so I do have that going for me.   Also, I think I am going to say to the relatives-"you need to take home more than that."

Great job guys - it is a good day to take stock.

I’m not going to stress today - did my normal workout and will enjoy the food - I will just get right back on the horse tomorrow. I’ve found that I can eat most anything I used to - I just eat much less of the less healthy stuff and eat it less frequently, no fast food what so ever and nothing unhealthy after dinner.

209.4 in February - 164.7 today - I’ve been on either side of 166 for over a month. 168 was my goal when I set it in March.

We will all do fine through the holidays if we stay active and eat our treats moderately

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 3 weeks later...

It’s quiet here - as we wrap up the year how’s everyone doing?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nowhere near where I wanted to be. Onward I suppose.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Slight weight gain for me (3-4 lbs). Time to accelerate the workouts!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I’m doing pretty good overall. Been enjoying the holiday foods and season so no too much movement on the scale. But I’ve put those extra calories to work in the gym working on getting stronger and learning new movements. 

Also been trying different recipes that I can use for meal prep come New Years. 

Still been a very successful year I’d say. Down 50+ on the scale. Gained a good amount of strength and muscle. Starting running which I’d never thought I’d do. So all in all good progress excited to see how I can improve next year

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Doing fairly well with the holidays - eating a bit more than I should but continuing to hit the gym. I'm currently down 20 lbs from the spring and an targeting another 15 to get to where I'd like to be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Gained a few pounds back. Still hitting the gym but limited with the knee problem and upcoming shoulder surgery.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

From this time last year I'm down 25. I gained a few pounds since the fire academy let out. This year the guys are harassing me about my cardio because they need me to play a ton of minutes for the FD hockey team so I'll be spending a lot of time on the frozen lakes skating and then hitting the gym more to hit my goal of 250. 

33 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

From this time last year I'm down 25. I gained a few pounds since the fire academy let out. This year the guys are harassing me about my cardio because they need me to play a ton of minutes for the FD hockey team so I'll be spending a lot of time on the frozen lakes skating and then hitting the gym more to hit my goal of 250. 

Race ya to 250!

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

8 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I'm at the 290 now I think you passed me but heck I'm game competing helps me

Not by much. I’ve been hovering in the mid to high 280s since the holidays started. 

8 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

First to 275 can create a workout challenge for the other?

Sounds good to me! 

So I started thinking about this when it first started and failed at a normal diet. Then I found a program with a diet called Vshred. It popped up in my instagram feed and I bought it $57 for a 90 day program and diet. I did it for 60+ days and saw nearly 20 lb loss and shrinkage and the benefits that come along. It works. I fell off the exercise a little for a while. But am now back into a modified version for me. Week on week off. The off week is a 30 day free YouTube yoga program. I love it.
If you interested look into VShred. And look into yoga with adrriene 30 day Truth. She’s a little corny but it isn’t judgy yoga.

By the way. I need new clothes but am still shrinking so I am making use of belts for now. I have gone from a XL shirt to a L and bought an L shirt at Sweetens just for continued encouragement.

Buying a shirt or pants you really like in a smaller size is great motivation!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

After a weird year, I’m getting back into my routine of at least a 4 mile jog every day. I actually got lazy this year with all of my family activities. Also, back to eating healthy. This thread just made me want to share!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

By the way. I need new clothes but am still shrinking so I am making use of belts for now. I have gone from a XL shirt to a L and bought an L shirt at Sweetens just for continued encouragement.

Great job - I went from XL to M and that’s when I started changing the wardrobe over - still in process - hoping Santa rounds it out.

Keep up the great work!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Ran a mile on the treadmill today then did the rowing machine. Its a start Theo but it's on.

Nice! if you're in need of a treadmill workout I can send you the ones i do

25 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I'm hoping that the cold comes back so I can start a daily ice skating routine with suicides and sprints to help me get into hockey shape

Ugh I hated running those for basketball. Enjoy!