Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

2 weeks in: my goal of 4 days at the gym has been met both weeks. My endurance on the eliptical is getting better. I also spend some time doing some weight training as well. It’s going pretty well. I have not set any weight loss goals as of yet, but I figure if I continue going to the gym and do a better job of monitoring my food, the weight loss will take care of itself over time. I don’t want to be a weight watcher, I will weigh myself on occasion so I have an idea of where I am at, but I don’t have a goal of “X” amount of weight by a certain timeframe, I find that doing that allows you to stop once you reach the goal. The goal is to change what I’ve been doing and replace it with a different way that I can continue with on a regular basis, I am 47 and I’m not getting younger, Making changes that I can continue as I get older is what I am looking to do. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Last night, I lifted weights for the first time this year. Holy smokes is it humbling to realize how true it is with muscles that, “if you don’t use it, you lose it.”

It’s a good reminder for me that consistency matters more than perfection. I’m hoping my goals for this year are set up to help me make this a habit for life.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

1 hour ago, palvord said:

Holy smokes is it humbling to realize how true it is with muscles that, “if you don’t use it, you lose it.”

Exactly. I'm in my second week of doing to total gym and I hurt, but it's a good hurt.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just starting out on my 2019 fitness journey and posted a separate thread with details yesterday. Looking to lose about 65lbs and drop at least 12.5% of body fat. Currently on day 2 and in the middle of my 3rd 18oz. bottle of water which puts me almost halfway to my daily intake goal. Cutting all pop and energy drinks from my diet and not allowing myself to eat candy at work which has been a problem (it's how I stay awake on long days since I don't like coffee).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Haven’t done much as far as exercise goes but I’ve been watching my diet and being more strict with my foods, somewhat closely following macros and from the 1st to yesterday I’m down from 206 to 197.

Next month a group of friends and I are doing a fitness challenge. Excited to see what happens with that.

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

I've gone up! Could it be from doing weights 6 times in the last 2 weeks? 🤔

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well my weekend workout plans got shot due to a bum leg, but hoping to get back on the horse tonight. I have done okay (could definitely be better) with my water intake. My goal is a gallon per day and I've cut out pop and energy drinks from my diet. I'm currently on day 6 without a carbonated beverage which has and hasn't been extremely difficult. I don't particularly crave the taste of pop, but since I don't drink coffee it's an easy way to get caffeine when I need a pick-me-up. Let's just say I've been working hard to fight through tiredness and fatigue lately...

Back at it after allowing myself to balloon to 291 lbs. Tracking EVERYTHING I consume My app calls for 2050 calories a day for my desired weight loss, but Im doing around 1500 to 1600 a day to get my appetite under control and some appetite shrinkage. More intake if more active. My breakdown is 40% carbs, 30 fat, and 30 protein. Not fanatical about that but its nice to see at the end of the day. No red meat currently. Egg whites, protein powder, turkey, lean ham, and a couple slices of bacon. Keeping sodium at 2000 a day is almost impossible for me especially if it is a ham or bacon day. 

Working on flexibility for the most part. 

Looking to get to 220 or 225. I will take 250 by June 1. Not sure if that can happen as thats a little lofty and maybe not healthy and setting myself up for weight gain. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Last week was kind of a bust for me - only made it to the gym once and struggle to control my appetite. I felt like I was starving all week and tried not to snack, but failed.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I’m still going at it. Down to 291 this week. My hips and low back have been giving me a lot of trouble. So much that today during my training session we spent most of it stretching my lower half out. Hopefully this week goes smoothly and I’ll be back in the 280s by friday

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Lost 2lbs and made it to 210. 😥 This winter weight gaining sucks. Oh well, 6 weeks to get to 200.

@Mr_Theoo look at an inversion table, it's done wonders for my back. I usually have to get my pelvis realigned when I go to the chiropractor and this time, about a month between visits and using the table, he didn't have to make any adjustments there. 

In the bag:

Bag: 

I haven't made much progress with my exercises, but I've done okay on my diet (for the most part). I need to get my meal prepping under control so I can manage caloric intake better. I'm curious what apps other members are using to track calories with. The obvious choice is My Fitness Pal, but I'm curious to hear if anyone is using something different. ???

Workout scheduled for tonight. Time to really get after it and make some meaningful progress towards my goals.

4 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

The obvious choice is My Fitness Pal, but I'm curious to hear if anyone is using something different. ???

I've looked at other ones but keep staying with MFP.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Ive tried a few apps and MFP seems to be my go to. Friends that track feel the same. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Ive been tracking ALL of my food intake. Kept it 500ish lower then my goal for a week and dropped 10 lbs depending on the day fluctuation.  Ramped it back up to 2050 over the last few days and dropped another couple. 

Ive been very non-active and it really showed last week on the course. I cant play due to a couple of hand surgiies so I went out and walked 18 a couple of times with a 69 year old man (Im 51). I could barely walk after each round. He is really an inspiration. He changed his lifestyle and met his goal of dropping 65 lbs in right around a year.  He golfs 3x a week and exercises 3x a week. He does not track calories anymore as he says he is under total control

Keep at it at and dont give up!!

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I will be hitting the one year anniversary of my fitness project gram this weekend. It took me the first six months to get to my target weight of 168 down from 209. I took another month to lose 3 more pounds and I have been between 164-166 since my birthday in October.

My body type continues to change within that weight though. I look much more muscular than I did in October.

I was particularly good yesterday - while others were having all sorts of nasty stuff I had a few multigrain crackers, low fat cheese, fruit, turkey and green beans for dinner and one and a half beers during the game.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My wife said yesterday that she can tell I’ve been losing weight since I started focusing on eating well and maintaining a workout program. That made me smile so much.

Also, tonight I played two games of indoor soccer, back-to-back, and didn’t die. This is major progress for me as I began the year barely making it through half of a game.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Have had some great success in this dept lately. My body fat index is now 23% from 28%. But no matter what I do. I keep on packing on more and more muscle using the supplements my trainer prescribed for me. I’m looking real bulky in areas, but thinner around the waist 

Keep it in the short stuff

On 2/4/2019 at 7:10 AM, TR1PTIK said:

I haven't made much progress with my exercises, but I've done okay on my diet (for the most part). I need to get my meal prepping under control so I can manage caloric intake better. I'm curious what apps other members are using to track calories with. The obvious choice is My Fitness Pal, but I'm curious to hear if anyone is using something different. ???

Workout scheduled for tonight. Time to really get after it and make some meaningful progress towards my goals.

My wife (registered Dietitian) and her cohorts all like MFP simply because of the high number of food/ingredient information in the app. If you've cooked it/eaten it, chances are someone has calculated the nutrition for you. 

35 minutes ago, Big money said:

Have had some great success in this dept lately. My body fat index is now 23% from 28%. But no matter what I do. I keep on packing on more and more muscle using the supplements my trainer prescribed for me. I’m looking real bulky in areas, but thinner around the waist 

Big money, I don't know you and you don't know me and I get that...so take this statement for what it is...I'd be careful with the supplements, especially if it's coming from someone with little nutrition background (i.e. trainers, bloggers, etc without proper credentials). First, supplements aren't regulated and while some have 3rd party validation, the vast majority of supplements say one thing and contain another. For instance, protein supplements, though not true for every protein supplement out there, but if it contains a large amount of protein per serving (really anything over 20g/serving), chances are it's spiked with nitrogen to give it a fake protein rating. Heck, if you need more protein, eat another piece of chicken, beef, fish, cheese, etc. For most of us, we need about 1g of protein/day per 1kg of weight. For example I weight 220lbs which is 100kg which means I need to consume about 100g/protein/day. Sounds like a bunch but when you think about a 4oz piece of chicken has 28g of protein or that glass of milk has 8-12g of protein or those two eggs for breakfast has about 14g protein and that half cup of almonds has 10g of protein, then it adds up quickly. It's always best to consume food containing nutrients than in powder/capsule form. On the other hand, if you're going to bust your calorie intake for the day, a couple studies have shown that the body best handles excess calories in protein versus other nutrients like fat or carbs. Keep in mind the study was done by consuming protein found in natural form, not synthetic like in a supplement. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

52 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

My wife (registered Dietitian) and her cohorts all like MFP simply because of the high number of food/ingredient information in the app. If you've cooked it/eaten it, chances are someone has calculated the nutrition for you. 

Thanks for the info. I have MFP on my phone and have used it in the past, but always curious to see if there's something else out there worth looking at. The one issue I have with MFP is that there is a lot of duplication of foods, but then the nutritional information can vary (sometimes greatly). I'm not just talking brands of certain foods like breakfast sausage where they could use different ingredients or something. I'm talking like differences between a banana and another banana lol. It's a pretty minor gripe, but it always raises the question in my mind of which is more accurate. Also, the unit of measure varies sometimes and I'll have to dig through and find something that matches what I have - e.g. I measure in grams, and MFP only gives nutritional values for 1/3 cup. It just creates a lot of work if you want to have some level of accuracy. Maybe I'm just too much of perfectionist about it - I'm working on that though.

@Big money - not to pile on but my trainer, who is also an RN, has said - stay away unless your doctor prescribes it every time I’ve brought supplements up.

Regardless great job on your program and I guess I will say the obvious here - “Eat more Chicken” :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

21 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Thanks for the info. I have MFP on my phone and have used it in the past, but always curious to see if there's something else out there worth looking at. The one issue I have with MFP is that there is a lot of duplication of foods, but then the nutritional information can vary (sometimes greatly). I'm not just talking brands of certain foods like breakfast sausage where they could use different ingredients or something. I'm talking like differences between a banana and another banana lol. It's a pretty minor gripe, but it always raises the question in my mind of which is more accurate. Also, the unit of measure varies sometimes and I'll have to dig through and find something that matches what I have - e.g. I measure in grams, and MFP only gives nutritional values for 1/3 cup. It just creates a lot of work if you want to have some level of accuracy. Maybe I'm just too much of perfectionist about it - I'm working on that though.

I use my net diary pro. It’s like my fitness pal but I felt the UI was less cluttered and easier for me to set up. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

1 minute ago, Mr_Theoo said:

I use my net diary pro. It’s like my fitness pal but I felt the UI was less cluttered and easier for me to set up. 

I haven't heard of that one before so I'll definitely look it up. Thanks!

This is week 5, and I have met my goals for going to the gym for each week. My goal is 4 days. The scale at the gym was not working correctly and my scale at home needed a battery, I have only weighed myself 1 time, and I am afraid to do it anymore because I don’t feel like I am losing any weight, and I feel that if I get on the scale and see that I haven’t lost anything I will get discouraged about the whole thing and just say screw it. I don’t want to quit, I just don’t think I am losing anything. For now I’ll jist keep going to the gym, and try not to worry about the scale and weight loss. Doing Something is better than doing nothing. 

Been keeping up pretty well. Down about 15 pounds and really focusing on this not becoming the unrealistic diet plan that I always fall into. I want this to be a change that can be sustained. I’ve been playing basketball about 3 times per week and trying to lift weights 3 other days. Unfortunately had a bad finger strain on the court Monday so it’s limiting me a bit this week. Going to try and continue jogging a couple miles and keep burning calories. Good luck to everyone.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

11 hours ago, revkev said:

@Big money - not to pile on but my trainer, who is also an RN, has said - stay away unless your doctor prescribes it every time I’ve brought supplements up.

Regardless great job on your program and I guess I will say the obvious here - “Eat more Chicken” :)

Agree good buddy. I’m often wondering if they are just pushing protein powder and supplements on me for more profits. At our age I need to consider safe vs fast. Nothing wrong with chicken that is for sure 

Keep it in the short stuff

Agree good buddy. I’m often wondering if they are just pushing protein powder and supplements on me for more profits. At our age I need to consider safe vs fast. Nothing wrong with chicken that is for sure 

Thanks for taking my remarks as they were intended. We have your back here.

At Kor you may be surprised at what the scale says. It doesn’t always match how you feel. Kind of like the golf swing. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

44 minutes ago, revkev said:

Thanks for taking my remarks as they were intended. We have your back here.

At Kor you may be surprised at what the scale says. It doesn’t always match how you feel. Kind of like the golf swing. 🙂

Rev. I tell you. I forced myself to step on the scale, and my fear was correct. I gained 3 pounds, it is very discouraging to see that, but pushing through the tough days and continuing on is just as important as taking the first step of going. It’s about the end result, not the result after a few weeks. This is what I hope to be a lifestyle change, so giving up and quitting doesn’t fit that change. Discouraged or not pushing forward is a must. Thank you for the encouragement.