TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

saw myself in the mirror today and thought WTF! did I just eat a car tyre!!!

Not even weighing myself as I know what the answer will be ("get off me tubby") lol

Tomorrow I start again.............🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

No gain no loss this week...4 weeks to lose 10lbs. 😥

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to brag a little bit...now that I'm back unloading trucks at Lowe's, I hit 25,000 steps for the day yesterday. That's 11.06 miles for the day.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

36 minutes ago, MattF said:

Just wanted to brag a little bit...now that I'm back unloading trucks at Lowe's, I hit 25,000 steps for the day yesterday. That's 11.06 miles for the day.

Keep that up and you'll lose those 10 lbs quickly! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Rev. I tell you. I forced myself to step on the scale, and my fear was correct. I gained 3 pounds, it is very discouraging to see that, but pushing through the tough days and continuing on is just as important as taking the first step of going. It’s about the end result, not the result after a few weeks. This is what I hope to be a lifestyle change, so giving up and quitting doesn’t fit that change. Discouraged or not pushing forward is a must. Thank you for the encouragement. 

It’s a process - it’s not so different from SuperSpeed training - fitness works but it’s not magic - user error will derail the process every time. The nice thing is there is always a do over button and tomorrow is another day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I saw at the beginning of the year someone said they were going to try and do 100 push ups and 100 sit ups a day.  I decided why not try this.  It sounds easy, and after 2 months I am still going strong.  So far this year I have worked out 43 days.  This has lead to 7190 sit ups and 8075 push ups.  Now yes my body is changing, but dang I was doing a lot of work. 

So being the dummy I am I looked for a change.  Yesterday I found it.  I decided to work on my form and holding each rep for 1 second longer.  This made a huge change in my work out and 100 of each is very hard to get to.  Now I know by doing just 100 and doing the work out correctly I will continue to progress. 

Hopefully everyone is having a good start to the year and we all can be golfing soon.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I saw at the beginning of the year someone said they were going to try and do 100 push ups and 100 sit ups a day.  I decided why not try this.  It sounds easy, and after 2 months I am still going strong.  So far this year I have worked out 43 days.  This has lead to 7190 sit ups and 8075 push ups.  Now yes my body is changing, but dang I was doing a lot of work. 
So being the dummy I am I looked for a change.  Yesterday I found it.  I decided to work on my form and holding each rep for 1 second longer.  This made a huge change in my work out and 100 of each is very hard to get to.  Now I know by doing just 100 and doing the work out correctly I will continue to progress. 
Hopefully everyone is having a good start to the year and we all can be golfing soon.

That's a good approach - holding a second. I'm going to try that as right now I get to get through them as Anastasia as possible.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Down 2lbs yesterday!

In the bag:

Bag: 

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, tony@CIC said:

That's a good approach - holding a second. I'm going to try that as right now I get to get through them as Anastasia as possible.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

How did that work for you?  I know for me I really helps.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

26 minutes ago, jacustomgolf said:

How did that work for you?  I know for me I really helps.

It's working but a lot tougher. No pain no gain I guess 😁

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I've been holding steady at around 214 for the past couple weeks but my wife noticed that my physique is changing for the better - less gut and less "love handles". I still would like to get down to 200-ish, but I'm pretty happy with progress.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I'm staying +/- 3 pounds of where I was in the fall. I find myself on the weekends working hard and eating harder... I gotta stop the cycle!! 188 heading for 174!!! Don;t think I'll make it for the Masters but... maybe 183 by then!

In my bag

Drivers: Grenade II, Standard flex!

FW Woods:  Cobra Fly-Z set 14.5* w/VLCT-Sp Stiff graphite shaft

Irons:  Taylor Made Speed Blades tweeked 1* w/graphite Matrix 55 gram  M shafts

Wedges:   Taylor Made Speed Blade P & A w/Matrix 55 gram M shaft, 56* SCOR V sole w/Genius 9 graphite shaft, Cleveland 60* w/steel Stiff shaft.
Putter:   SeeMore X2 custom

Balls: Snell

I hate the ups and downs of weighing in every day. Did nothing obviously wrong yesterday and was up a pound and a half over the day before. (I keep a diary of what I eat and my exercise as apart of my program).

Well tomorrow is a new day - I have my meals laid out for the day and they’re healthy, already worked out and will get lots of steps in between a funeral, half hour at the practice green and church tonight.

I’m betting the entire pound and a half is gone by tomorrow morning and more than that by Monday because I’m playing golf after church tomorrow.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

From Nov 11th last year, I’m down from 248 to 224. I attribute this to generalities. I cut way back on white stuff. Sugar, potatoes, bread, etc. and joining the new club with all the rain has me getting a lot more walking, and playing 3-4 rounds a week.

i don’t have a box of cookies in the kitchen, or a tub of ice cream in the freezer.

but I still have a little bit of all the bad things here and there, just much less of it.

i check weight every morning and yes it goes up and down, but generally on a downward trend. I think it’s mostly a state of mind, similar to quitting smoking. You just won’t lose weight until you decide you’re not going to be a fattie anymore. I’ve been off cigarettes for 13-14 years now, and I’m still a fattie”, but less than I used to be. I’m pretty sure by the end of a year I’ll be at least 40 it’s less, and hopefully more. I think slow but steady wins this race...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Had to buy new golf pants for my trip next weekend to Pinehurst. The ones that I bought last season didn’t fit anymore...in the good sense. For the first time in my life I can wear flat front pants and not look terrible. Still not good but will take a bit better than terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I'm struggling- weight probably gone up- too scared to look- tummy and chest def bigger and I hate it.

I think I need to follow a simple 'plan' of foods to eat and avoid as this is no good and it's nearly mid March.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

I've become a fit ole coot over the last several months.  Leading a military BCT FABS Fitness group calls for lot's of exercise and encouraging my members.   I wanted to bust 200 lbs in a bad way however I dropped a pants size instead.  This was my revelation for the last week of our boot camp program.

Good morning troops! I hope you all are focusing on your goals and getting er done. I have a bad good problem All my pants are literally falling off me these days. I was helping my wife at the animal shelter recently and I felt my jeans sagging. Hey I'm 68 years old and I don't do sagging! At least not intentionally. Anyways I was walking this ambitious dog or it was walking me back towards the building. I was holding on for dear life and next thing I know my pants had slid off my hips to my ankles!!! 😳 I quickly pulled them up and looked around to see if anybody had seen this old man with his pants down while my wife was hysterically laughing. Yea, I got a good bad problem going on... lol 😁

The thing is, I am 200 lbs and have not wore a size 36 pants in many decades. Looks like I need to suck it up and put on some little boy pants. 😉

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congratulations ole gray! Sounds like a new wardrobe is in order.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 3/9/2019 at 5:30 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

I'm struggling- weight probably gone up- too scared to look- tummy and chest def bigger and I hate it.

I think I need to follow a simple 'plan' of foods to eat and avoid as this is no good and it's nearly mid March.

oops! I've gained half a stone since Jan 🙄

new focus as of yesterday- fruit, chicken, rice, more fruit, less cr@p, less sugar, no wine (gin instead).

This ain't easy especially in Winter when your body is telling you to layer up😂

Keeping up pretty well so far as we enter into mid March.  Since the start of the year I've gone from 237 to 215, with my goal to hit closer to the 200 mark.  Crazy how I ballooned so much in a short time (my largest in college was my current weight).  I've really noticed that my stamina has gone up during exercise and I'm a lot less sore than I used to be even though I'm running/working out so much more.

Ran a 5:45 mile the other day and that's by far the fastest I've ever attempted.  When I don't have a lot of time, I've been doing interval sprints on the treadmill.  Run 1 minute at a slow job at 6 mph then the next minute around 9.5 or higher and do that for about 20 minutes.  Need to continue to lift weights, but I've been traveling more for work and always trying to keep up with my 3 young children (4 y/o, 2 y/o, 8 months) so it's made it a bit tougher.

Good luck to everyone still going strong and those that are looking to get in a little better shape or even make a healthier choice.  Have a great week!

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

On 3/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, perseveringgolfer said:

My wife and I have been tracking our intake with our Fitbit apps and then we try to make sure we expend around 500 cals more than we take in. She has been better about making sure she is eating better food, while I have primarily been focused on the amounts of food and eliminating the snacking I used to do when I get home from work. We've also joined a gym. I was 236 last spring, which is the heaviest I've ever been, and the last time I weighed myself I was at 212. My goal is to get back to the 195-200 range and stay there. I like using the Fitbit app - it's almost like electronic accountability. It's a little extra motivation to go to the gym on a really cold day when I see the bar graph shows more in than out.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading out this morning to walk several dogs at our county shelter. It takes away from my gym time however it is more than worth it to see dogs come out of their cages with a smile on their face. Oh yea and it's plenty of exercise! Have you ever harnessed up a 50+ lb pit bull who has to pee like a russian race horse and poo poo like a chicken running from a fox?! 😳 Trust me those doggies will give you PLENTY of exercise! You begin to feel like a farmer behind a stud mule who just had his butt attack by a killer bee. 😁Yea I have to hook up my big boy pants today and get ready for the rodeo... lol

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Down to 210.4 this morning - getting closer to my <200 goal! We bought one of the fancy scales after I had lost about 10 lbs. It has been nice to track aspects besides weight, too. For example, my BMI is down from 31.7 in late July last summer to 29.5 this morning. One metric I would like to see change is my metabolic age - it has stayed steady at 56. I am only 51.

Looks like I have to pull my finger out, you're almost down to my weight!

Down to 210.4 this morning - getting closer to my

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the bag:

Bag: 

• 2 weeks later...

Another month is in the books.   I did over 2300 sit up and push ups (of each).  I started doing more cardio last week and April will be my first full month of that.  I have a goal to bike at least 330 miles this month.  That's 11 a day.  So far I am off to a good start and tournament golf is only 35 days away. 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Back to the grind after 2 weeks "off". By that I mean not jumping on the scale but still somewhat watching what I was eating on vacation...the beers didn't help though.

In the bag:

Bag: 

It occurs to me that I can actually contribute to this thread.
I can tell you unequivocally that the steak bomb / pizza / Buffalo wings / onion rings / Guinness Stout diet
didn't work for me.
Doesn't mean you can't try it, though.

I like the effort

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I haven’t swung a club since Dec 10 and have not really been able to do much gym work especially after the shoulder surgery. Somehow with minimal exercise I’ve stayed in the low 200’s. Probably watching what I eat and portion size better.
Started to go to gym a little more this week maybe, just maybe get under 200?

Rick

Left Hand, 

I haven’t swung a club since Dec 10 and have not really been able to do much gym work especially after the shoulder surgery. Somehow with minimal exercise I’ve stayed in the low 200’s. Probably watching what I eat and portion size better.
Started to go to gym a little more this week maybe, just maybe get under 200?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Struggling here. I’m not seeing positive results, and it really gets frustrating, how can I work out, cut out pop, reduce food intake, reduce sugar, yet still gain weight. I have started a new work out routine, and I have started a new food plan change. Hopefully I will start to see some better results with these new plans. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind