TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

Yeah I managed to gain some weight from December 21 to today - I was 167 on the 21st (my stay below target is 168 with 165 being my ideal) 171 today.

Tomorrow starts the crawl back down to 165. My goal is by Valentine’s Day.

The good things is that I stayed fairly active over that time so my fitness level remains solid.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Fell off the wagon around August and now it’s time to restart. Really need to quit this hot and cold stuff. Trying to get back to a decent position by April for spring break. Should be doable but need to stay consistent and continue to make smart choices.

Edited by juspoole

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

On 1/4/2020 at 6:41 PM, juspoole said:

Fell off the wagon around August and now it’s time to restart. Really need to quit this hot and cold stuff. Trying to get back to a decent position by April for spring break. Should be doable but need to stay consistent and continue to make smart choices.

Alfriday101 made a recommendation you might want take a look at. The book is titled “Atomic Habits, An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones” by James Clear. I have read it and adopted the recommendations to help understand and curb my back sliding tendencies. It was either that or change my New Year’s Resolution from doing something for self-improvement to: I resolve to learn to live with my weaknesses. 😰

Good luck!

Dropped another 2lbs last week. If this keeps up, I'll be close to fighting weight by the time we hit Florida in March.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Dropped another 2lbs last week. If this keeps up, I'll be close to fighting weight by the time we hit Florida in March.

Good for you - keep at it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Only 1lb to 212.4 this week, but I was slack with the exercise. That changes this week.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Dropped 3 more lbs for the week. 😁

In the bag:

Bag: 

I’m down bout 12 since the start of the year. Feels good to back on track. I figured if I average 8lbs a month I’ll reach my goal by the end of the year. First month down, 11 to go

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Coming up on the two year anniversary of my fitness journey. At 167 the past few days I’m still under my target weight of 168 although a bit above my low which was just under 165. (Christmas - New Years got me but it’s coming off now)

As a testament to what this means my daughter was on the 8th floor unit of the hospital over the weekend, exactly where she was two and a half years ago. I tried taking the stairs then and had to quit on the 6th floor. (These stairs are double flighted.). I did the 8 stairs (they count as 11 according to my measuring device) 4 times while she was in - once carrying fairly heavy bags for my wife.

We had several of the same doctors who remarked at how good I looked. :) (they look pretty good two but I’m a married man so we will leave it at that)

Most importantly I continue to be able to lift my 126 girl from bed to wheel chair or wheel chair to bed with relative ease.

Hang in there guys, it’s important to stay fit for a whole myriad of reasons. Thanks for being an encouragement on my journey.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

Coming up on the two year anniversary of my fitness journey. At 167 the past few days I’m still under my target weight of 168 although a bit above my low which was just under 165. (Christmas - New Years got me but it’s coming off now)

As a testament to what this means my daughter was on the 8th floor unit of the hospital over the weekend, exactly where she was two and a half years ago. I tried taking the stairs then and had to quit on the 6th floor. (These stairs are double flighted.). I did the 8 stairs (they count as 11 according to my measuring device) 4 times while she was in - once carrying fairly heavy bags for my wife.

We had several of the same doctors who remarked at how good I looked. 🙂 (they look pretty good two but I’m a married man so we will leave it at that)

Most importantly I continue to be able to lift my 126 girl from bed to wheel chair or wheel chair to bed with relative ease.

Hang in there guys, it’s important to stay fit for a whole myriad of reasons. Thanks for being an encouragement on my journey.

Rev, congrats on your fitness success! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 1/27/2020 at 9:56 AM, Mr_Theoo said:

I’m down bout 12 since the start of the year. Feels good to back on track. I figured if I average 8lbs a month I’ll reach my goal by the end of the year. First month down, 11 to go

Your weight goal is a huge challenge and my hat is off to you for it. Having gone down the same road I found hitting plateaus and overcoming them was the biggest challenge. I managed to drop the first 70 pounds in about the first 10 months. I was then stalled at about that weight for the following 6 years. On the 7 year anniversary of my weight loss journey I decided to try intermittent fasting. It took 3 months to loose the last 18 pounds and a month after Christmas I dropped the 8 pounds I put on through the feasting season. I tried IF as a last resort and I am not recommending it for anyone. I am suggesting you might keep it in mind as a potential tool in your weight loss arsenal should other measures become ineffective. 

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing from you soon on your progress.

I have not kept up with this thread, Not avoiding it, just not looking at it. I know I need to lose weight, but I am really struggling with it. Last year at this time we got a gym membership and we went pretty steady for a few months, and I never lost any weight maybe a couple pounds, and I could never figure out how to get the weight to come off. I stopped going, and here I am at the beginning of the next year trying to figure out the same thing. On paper it’s easy, stop eating so much, and stop eating bad foods. In reality it is extremely difficult. I just don’t think I Can mentally win this challenge. I can’t find my “why” in losing weight. It’s just a terrible struggle. I start out trying to eat healthier, and walking and doing some working out, but I just can’t seem to stick to it for any length of time. I just don’t know how to start, I just can’t seem to find the formula that works for me. Frustrating. I am 6’4” and am around 265lbs and would like to lose about 30-35 lbs to get to a good weight. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

@Kor.A.Door honestly mate, I struggle too, but not the why. I've always been a big eater and a bit of a lazy bastard so it's the motivation I have a problem with. For me, I just push myself to get up earlier in the morning and hit the treadmill, do my inversion table, plank and watch what I'm shovelling into my face during the week. I really don't want to but I know that if I don't do something I'm going to balloon in weight.

It's a big mental thing that only you can figure out but it may help to talk to someone. I'm here to encourage and support anyone who is struggling with their journey.

In the bag:

Bag: 

1 hour ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I have not kept up with this thread, Not avoiding it, just not looking at it. I know I need to lose weight, but I am really struggling with it. Last year at this time we got a gym membership and we went pretty steady for a few months, and I never lost any weight maybe a couple pounds, and I could never figure out how to get the weight to come off. I stopped going, and here I am at the beginning of the next year trying to figure out the same thing. On paper it’s easy, stop eating so much, and stop eating bad foods. In reality it is extremely difficult. I just don’t think I Can mentally win this challenge. I can’t find my “why” in losing weight. It’s just a terrible struggle. I start out trying to eat healthier, and walking and doing some working out, but I just can’t seem to stick to it for any length of time. I just don’t know how to start, I just can’t seem to find the formula that works for me. Frustrating. I am 6’4” and am around 265lbs and would like to lose about 30-35 lbs to get to a good weight. 

... Please forgive my conspiracy theory, but until roughly 70 years ago food was grown, butchered or produced for its nutritional value for thousands of years because food is necessary to sustain life. "Fast food" and convenience packaged "food" started out with more nutritional value than today, but still less than real food. They slowly started adding more sugar, specifically high fructose sugar and other chemicals to trick your taste buds, and it accomplished 2 things. People became addicted to sugar and most importantly when you are not getting the necessary nutrients from your "food" you will want more and more "food". Most fast food establishments wash their lettuce in sugar so it tastes better to those used to high fructose corn syrup. For those of us old enough, we have the excuse that the nutritional value of American food slid away very slowly and we were ignorant of that process.But to be honest, eating a local burger where the beef came straight from a local farm, never frozen with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, etc also from a local farm that didn't use pesticides was so much better and we knew it. But it cost $1.25 and the first fast food burgers cost 19 cents. It was frozen, thin, lacking in taste and had only a pickle with mustard and ketchup. I think that was the beginning of the lie that food can be inexpensive. 

... So again, please excuse this elementary explanation that many of you may or may not already know. The main point I want to convey is the human body is an amazing mechanism and if you eat real food, you will feel full and that feeling will last longer and you will find that the gnawing hunger you used to feel all the time will disappear. Yes I admit it is easy to write that but MUUUUUUCH harder to incorporate it into your life unless you truly embrace a change. Like most everyone else, I ate tons of bad food and I will use this as an illustration. I loved cheese balls and bought these huge tubs. One "serving" was a joke of course and I ate 10+ servings at a time. Instead of abating my hunger, it just made me hungrier. Of course this is because my body thinks if I am eating, it is getting some food but instead it gets a bunch of chemicals and sugar with little to no nutritional value. Now it is in "lets get some nutrients and get the fuel it needs to operate at maximum efficiency" but received little to no nutrients so after a half hour or so I was even hungrier than before I started eating the cheese balls. The more junk food with little traditional value you eat, the hungrier you get. And to revisit the conspiracy theory, what company selling junk food would not love that? If it gives you diabetes or indigestion or a myriad of other problems, what Pharma company doesn't love that?  

... For me it was an easy transition because I was literally sick of digestive problems. That is not to say organic nutritional food instantly tasted better, far from it. The mental transition took time and patience and I don't even remember how long to took before something as simple as some romaine, cucumbers, black olives, avocado and tuna with an olive oil/lemon dressing, salt/peepr tasted much more delicious than a Big Mac. And it took even longer before a Big Mac actually tasted bad. 

... I hope it does not seem like I am preaching or blaming anyone for their life choices. But I will say that if you fully embrace a change in your lifestyle when it comes to eating, the results can be very surprising. It has been 10 years since I have eaten fast food and just tasting something I used to absolutely love, I have to spit it out because my palate is not used to chemicals and high fructose sugar and it tastes awful. And conversely something like Kale that I would have spit out back when I was eating very poorly is delicious when prepared properly. I give full credit to my wife and son for turning my diet around. A massaged Kale salad that breaks down the leaves, combined with some lemon juice, cranberries, pine nuts and a little raw honey is really delicious. And the best part is once you eat that Kale salad, with a huge bone in pork chop, 1/2 chicken, steak, 1/2 lb burger and some quinoa/sweet potato that is all organic (which really only means without chemicals that confuse the body) you feel full and it lasts a long time because you have given the body the nutrients it wants and needs. You no longer have any cravings and losing weight is a natural by product of eating healthy along with enough exercise. 

...  It is up to you to do what is best for your personal health and we all have different priorities or ,life long journeys. Some are ready for a change, many are not. So to all of you struggling with weight and diet, I wish you the best of luck in your struggles! 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

4 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I just don’t know how to start, I just can’t seem to find the formula that works for me. Frustrating. I am 6’4” and am around 265lbs and would like to lose about 30-35 lbs to get to a good weight. 

... I just wanted to add that my 28 yr old son is 6'3" and was a 1st team All Conference DE in college, Yes the AC is unnecessary bragging 😜 but his playing weight was 255. He had to eat a TON of food to maintain that weight because he was burning it up with practice, games and working out. He still works out almost as hard as when he played so that certainly helps but of course he is not running/sprinting like he did for his entire life before football ended. He still eats a lot of food but all of it organic, nutritious food and he has finally decided he is satisfied with his weight at 220. He really wanted to stay around 230-235 and tried his best the last 4 years but eating the right foods, his body found it's ideal weight at 220-225 since he no longer had to eat more than what filled him up, especially eating between meals, something he hated doing to maintain weight when he played. So there is hope! 

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... I just wanted to add that my 28 yr old son is 6'3" and was a 1st team All Conference DE in college, Yes the AC is unnecessary bragging 😜 but his playing weight was 255. He had to eat a TON of food to maintain that weight because he was burning it up with practice, games and working out. He still works out almost as hard as when he played so that certainly helps but of course he is not running/sprinting like he did for his entire life before football ended. He still eats a lot of food but all of it organic, nutritious food and he has finally decided he is satisfied with his weight at 220. He really wanted to stay around 230-235 and tried his best the last 4 years but eating the right foods, his body found it's ideal weight at 220-225 since he no longer had to eat more than what filled him up, especially eating between meals, something he hated doing to maintain weight when he played. So there is hope! 

Same here, I didn’t play college athletics, but I was a pretty good athlete when I was younger. So keeping weight off was easy. As I’ve gotten older though it’s not so easy. You are correct about sugar and bad food. It’s easy to find and easy to get addicted, but extremely difficult to cut out of the diet. Thanks for the information and your story of how you changed your mentality when it comes to food and health

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

22 hours ago, Pug said:

Your weight goal is a huge challenge and my hat is off to you for it. Having gone down the same road I found hitting plateaus and overcoming them was the biggest challenge. I managed to drop the first 70 pounds in about the first 10 months. I was then stalled at about that weight for the following 6 years. On the 7 year anniversary of my weight loss journey I decided to try intermittent fasting. It took 3 months to loose the last 18 pounds and a month after Christmas I dropped the 8 pounds I put on through the feasting season. I tried IF as a last resort and I am not recommending it for anyone. I am suggesting you might keep it in mind as a potential tool in your weight loss arsenal should other measures become ineffective. 

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing from you soon on your progress.

Congrats on the weight loss and being able to keep it off for so long. I’ve done IF before and actually enjoyed it but couldn’t keep at it because of my job. I don’t have much control over how my day goes so it was too hard to plan the eating windows for me. I might try it again come holiday season so I can have some of the holiday treats though. 

I do expect to hit some plateaus though. I’m guessing around the 280-270 mark because that’s my most recent lowest. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

11 hours ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Congrats on the weight loss and being able to keep it off for so long. I’ve done IF before and actually enjoyed it but couldn’t keep at it because of my job. I don’t have much control over how my day goes so it was too hard to plan the eating windows for me. I might try it again come holiday season so I can have some of the holiday treats though. 

I do expect to hit some plateaus though. I’m guessing around the 280-270 mark because that’s my most recent lowest. 

I get that is not easy, especially when we can’t control what happens during the work day. I tried short fasting windows but didn’t have much success until I extended it to about 23 hours, fasting from after supper until supper the next day. That got things moving for me. I’ve been able to extend that to about 40 hours. That really worked. Keeping it off is its own challenge. I have to make IF part of a permanent life style. I am still working out how this will work because I don’t think 40 hour fasts twice a week should be required, but what will remains to be determined. I plan to stick with the current process for another 3 months or so before I start tinkering with it. I want to see another A1c under 6.0 to confirm what I am doing is the correct path.

I’ve dealt with my own diet yo-yo and for me will power was not enough to sustain the effort. During the entire 7 year period I have read a lot of contradictory information and finding my own path to what will work is a continuing process, not an end point. IF is just the latest adjustment I have made, and is not for everyone. Each plateau lead to another tweak and diet adjustment to kick start the weight loss process again. Getting my head around the idea that my metabolism will adjust up 40% to deal with reduced caloric intake has been the biggest challenge. Man cannot live by lettuce alone. IF was a last resort- I had simply run out of things to take out or reduce and the whole program was stalled about 20 pounds from where I needed to be to deal with my type 2 diabetes. You’re experienced enough to anticipate plateaus. My question is have you got a plan on how you are going to reboot your metabolism?

One way or another I am rooting for you Mr. Theo.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:18 AM, MattF said:

@Kor.A.Door honestly mate, I struggle too, but not the why. I've always been a big eater and a bit of a lazy bastard so it's the motivation I have a problem with. For me, I just push myself to get up earlier in the morning and hit the treadmill, do my inversion table, plank and watch what I'm shovelling into my face during the week. I really don't want to but I know that if I don't do something I'm going to balloon in weight.

It's a big mental thing that only you can figure out but it may help to talk to someone. I'm here to encourage and support anyone who is struggling with their journey.

What MattF said, Kor.A.Door. There are some great tips and information in this thread, and you might want to catch up on your reading here and then weigh in (so to speak) with your own thoughts. 

... I just wanted to add that my 28 yr old son is 6'3" and was a 1st team All Conference DE in college, Yes the AC is unnecessary bragging  but his playing weight was 255. He had to eat a TON of food to maintain that weight because he was burning it up with practice, games and working out. He still works out almost as hard as when he played so that certainly helps but of course he is not running/sprinting like he did for his entire life before football ended. He still eats a lot of food but all of it organic, nutritious food and he has finally decided he is satisfied with his weight at 220. He really wanted to stay around 230-235 and tried his best the last 4 years but eating the right foods, his body found it's ideal weight at 220-225 since he no longer had to eat more than what filled him up, especially eating between meals, something he hated doing to maintain weight when he played. So there is hope! 

My cousin played at Northwestern as a 6’5” 265 tackle in the 70’s - he got to 210 as soon as he could after that. He’s a smart guy -

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

12 hours ago, Pug said:

On a different note, would somebody please tell me how to get rid of the annoying.jpeg attached to my posts? Any advice is more than welcome.

It looks like it's in your signature line. You need to edit it in your profile. If it's not there, a mod may need to look at it.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Yesterday I went to return a pair of jeans my wife bought me for sticking to my diet and exercise.  I have been a comfortable 38 waist since 2009 and yesterday was the first time that I fit in a size 36.  That felt awesome.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I haven't posted in this thread before, but you all are awesome. It's not easy to make a decision to change your lifestyle, lose weight, and keep it off. Hats off to everyone in here.

The thread is also a gentle reminder to myself to keep at it. Without going into lengthy details, I was very overweight as a child and teenager. The highest I remember the scale being was 252 pounds at 14 years old, and I know it got worse before it got better. I lost some weight so that I could play baseball in high school. My playing weight was somewhere around 220 pounds, and one thing I'll always wonder is how much better I would have been without the extra weight. I'm not extraordinarily tall (6'0" on a good day), so despite me being active I was definitely heavy.

I miraculously stayed the same when I went off to college, and for a little bit afterwards, but I was always bouncing between unsustainable diets to keep the pounds off. Thankfully, in the fall of 2012 my then-fiance and I decided to try the ketogenic diet and we've been at it ever since. I went from 210-220 pounds to 170 pounds in about three months. 

I've had my ups and downs over the years, but rekindling my golfing hobby has given me the extra oomph lately, and I'm very happy to be around 160 pounds with considerably more muscle mass than I've had in the past. 

Not suggesting that everyone hop onto keto because I'm a believer in finding what is sustainable for you and not anyone else. But I did want to share my story in case it helps anyone out there.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 2/2/2020 at 11:40 AM, chisag said:

... Please forgive my conspiracy theory, but until roughly 70 years ago food was grown, butchered or produced for its nutritional value for thousands of years because food is necessary to sustain life. "Fast food" and convenience packaged "food" started out with more nutritional value than today, but still less than real food. They slowly started adding more sugar, specifically high fructose sugar and other chemicals to trick your taste buds, and it accomplished 2 things. People became addicted to sugar and most importantly when you are not getting the necessary nutrients from your "food" you will want more and more "food". Most fast food establishments wash their lettuce in sugar so it tastes better to those used to high fructose corn syrup. For those of us old enough, we have the excuse that the nutritional value of American food slid away very slowly and we were ignorant of that process.But to be honest, eating a local burger where the beef came straight from a local farm, never frozen with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, etc also from a local farm that didn't use pesticides was so much better and we knew it. But it cost $1.25 and the first fast food burgers cost 19 cents. It was frozen, thin, lacking in taste and had only a pickle with mustard and ketchup. I think that was the beginning of the lie that food can be inexpensive. 

... So again, please excuse this elementary explanation that many of you may or may not already know. The main point I want to convey is the human body is an amazing mechanism and if you eat real food, you will feel full and that feeling will last longer and you will find that the gnawing hunger you used to feel all the time will disappear. Yes I admit it is easy to write that but MUUUUUUCH harder to incorporate it into your life unless you truly embrace a change. Like most everyone else, I ate tons of bad food and I will use this as an illustration. I loved cheese balls and bought these huge tubs. One "serving" was a joke of course and I ate 10+ servings at a time. Instead of abating my hunger, it just made me hungrier. Of course this is because my body thinks if I am eating, it is getting some food but instead it gets a bunch of chemicals and sugar with little to no nutritional value. Now it is in "lets get some nutrients and get the fuel it needs to operate at maximum efficiency" but received little to no nutrients so after a half hour or so I was even hungrier than before I started eating the cheese balls. The more junk food with little traditional value you eat, the hungrier you get. And to revisit the conspiracy theory, what company selling junk food would not love that? If it gives you diabetes or indigestion or a myriad of other problems, what Pharma company doesn't love that?  

... For me it was an easy transition because I was literally sick of digestive problems. That is not to say organic nutritional food instantly tasted better, far from it. The mental transition took time and patience and I don't even remember how long to took before something as simple as some romaine, cucumbers, black olives, avocado and tuna with an olive oil/lemon dressing, salt/peepr tasted much more delicious than a Big Mac. And it took even longer before a Big Mac actually tasted bad. 

... I hope it does not seem like I am preaching or blaming anyone for their life choices. But I will say that if you fully embrace a change in your lifestyle when it comes to eating, the results can be very surprising. It has been 10 years since I have eaten fast food and just tasting something I used to absolutely love, I have to spit it out because my palate is not used to chemicals and high fructose sugar and it tastes awful. And conversely something like Kale that I would have spit out back when I was eating very poorly is delicious when prepared properly. I give full credit to my wife and son for turning my diet around. A massaged Kale salad that breaks down the leaves, combined with some lemon juice, cranberries, pine nuts and a little raw honey is really delicious. And the best part is once you eat that Kale salad, with a huge bone in pork chop, 1/2 chicken, steak, 1/2 lb burger and some quinoa/sweet potato that is all organic (which really only means without chemicals that confuse the body) you feel full and it lasts a long time because you have given the body the nutrients it wants and needs. You no longer have any cravings and losing weight is a natural by product of eating healthy along with enough exercise. 

...  It is up to you to do what is best for your personal health and we all have different priorities or ,life long journeys. Some are ready for a change, many are not. So to all of you struggling with weight and diet, I wish you the best of luck in your struggles! 👍

Spot on. I've dramatically reduced sugar in my diet purely for health reasons (don't need to lose weight). In my journey to reduce sugar which is almost as bad a journey as giving up smoking,  I started looking at labels and was amazed how much sugar there is in everything even bread.  When I see tv commercials for restaurants like Denny's or IHOP some of those breakfast specials they're offering are well in excess of 2000 calories then factor in the bad stuff like extra maple syrup (sugar) and nitrites in the bacon/sausages. it's no wonder we have a weight problem in the US  I still don't eat as healthy as my wife but I'm way better than I use to be.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my entering on this fitness journey.  I weighed in at 209.4 - it was the first Sunday of Lent - for those who don't know the purpose of giving stuff up or taking things on for Lent is to make permanent life changes - Rather than going on a 40 day program I resolved to do this for the rest of my life.  My first goal was given to me by my program and it was 15 lbs. in three months.  I hit that one in 10 weeks.  The next was one that I set myself - 180 (what I weighed when I played my best golf from 40-55).  I got there in mid summer and then set 168, my college weight as a goal.  I got to that mark around my birthday day - October 7 and other than a brief period from Christmas through the first week of January I've stayed below it ever since. 

Weighed in at 167.3 this morning - I would like to get back to 165 as they provides a little safety net - but I've also been doing strength training and 166-168 seems to be where I'm comfortable while doing that.

Regardless this has been a very positive change for me in many ways.  It's made me realize that it is possible to accomplish a lot of things if only I set my mind to it and focus.

Thanks for the support of this group and best wishes to everyone else on their journey!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Just a few things to keep in mind on your weight loss journey...

• A healthy weight loss is 1-2lb/week. That's 4-8lbs a month. Don't get discouraged if the weight doesn't drop immediately. Sometimes it stair-steps down. Sometimes it plateaus. Remember, weight loss is more mental than physical. 
  • Eat your damn fruits and vegetables. I don't care how, fresh, frozen or canned, it's all good. The nutrition difference of fruits and vegetables is negligible between fresh, frozen, organic, canned, etc. Nothing wrong with eating canned green beans vs fresh. Nothing wrong eating a $.25 apple vs a $1.25 organic apple. Side note, frozen berries are usually cheaper than fresh. All have the same nutritional density. 
  • Though it might be tough at times, get moving. Go on a short walk, do some push-ups during a commercial break, climb some stairs...whatever you need to do, get moving. 
  • Get involved with a community of folks who share the same task. Either an online forum, a group of friends/family/co-worker/strangers, etc. regardless it's best to be in a community to share the struggles and successes with. 
  • The ingredient is never the poison, the dose is. Sugar doesn't kill you. Sugar is mass quantities can. Just like water in mass quantities can. Just like oxygen in mass quantities can. 
  • Food doesn't have morals. There are no 'good' foods or 'bad' foods. There's just food. Some food is more nutritious and satiating than others but there's no good vs bad. Same with 'real' or 'clean' food. Think of food more on a processed scale. Eat more of the minimally processed foods than the heavily processed foods. Think of side dishes...like carbs...a bowl of brown rice is more satiating and more nutritionally dense than white flour pasta, but a sweet potato is more satiating and more nutritionally dense than the brown rice. 
  • Terms like 'super food' or 'organic' meat is all derived from the food marketing industry, not science. Spinach is just as healthy as a super food like kale and there's no such thing as an organic chicken...just...chicken. Chemicals will not kill you in proper doses. In fact, everything is a chemical. Organic is just more expensive, not nutritionally superior. GMOs are safe. All livestock are raised on grass...some just finished on grains versus grass. Grass fed beef has slightly more Omega 3's than regular beef, but it's nothing to throw your money at if you don't want to. If you need Omega 3s, eat more salmon. 
  • We live in a day in age where science has us living longer than ever. Why deny science now? 
  • If things become a struggle, switch it up. Keto not working for you? Try intermittent fasting. IF not working? Try intuitive eating. There's no magic bullet but changing the landscape could reveal better results for your particular body type. 

Here's some apps to help with the journey:

MyFitnessPal, Noom, RP Diet

Here's some informative accounts to follow on social media:

BioLayne (PhD Nutrition Science), FoodScienceBabe (Chemical Engineer/Food Scientist), DrNadolsky (Obesity/Lipid Specialist Physician), Marie Spano (Sports Nutrition Expert)

What if obsessing over healthy eating negates the health effects from healthy eating? - Dr. Nadolsky

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Nice advice!  Thanks

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

... I don't have an agenda. I don't work in the food industry, not does anyone in my family or any of my friends. I am just an advocate of health. As with everything in life, education is your friend. Watch the short previews below and make up your own mind if you want to know more. I highly recommend these documentaries that are EYE OPENING and can change your lives. It certainly did ours.