Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

14 hours ago, Pug said:

Hey MattF, you’re lucky it’s only your calves!🏋️♀️

Not quite as sore as yesterday, but still tender. BTW, I sweat a lot, who knew?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 2/16/2020 at 10:20 AM, MattF said:

49 tomorrow. 5' 8" Right now, 210lbs. I'd like to get to 180lbs.

I do. Put almost everything into My Fitness Pal. Sometimes I'm over but I'm mostly around the 1600 mark.

I meant to mention I am happy to hear that 1300 calories isn’t your norm. To be frank I was mildly alarmed. Tracking what you eat takes the guesswork out of the process and really helped me get on track with what I had to change to get my blood sugars under control, so I am glad to hear you are doing it. As a datacratic Golf Spy 🏌🏻‍♂️ I suppose I shouldn’t have expected anything less 👍

22 hours ago, chisag said:

... On a side note, I am either very foolish or very lucky. I drank so much in high school and college, I stopped my senior year in college after a particularly bad 2 day hangover. Took off 6 months and when I had a drink for the first time after that alcohol recess, I felt a little queasy and I stopped after one. I have not had a drink since. Been over 40 years now and I can honestly say I really never missed it. OTOH I am no monk either and they have made weed legal in 11 states now and while I am philosophically too healthy in my thinking to smoke anything, edibles are a friend and companion. Talk about putting a strain on your diet, there is nothing quite like the smell of popcorn in a movie theater or seeing some chocolate chocolate cake at the table next to you in a restaurant or watching someone on TV eating a pizza after an edible really kicks in. 😳🤪🤣

I hear that chisag. The hangover only gets more savage and long lasting as we age, so good for you not succumbing to the social pressure to have a drink. A couple of my golf buddies who were drinkin’ and token back in the day are total abstained now, although I have noted they are discussing the joys of edibles. Evil weed is legal everywhere here in the Great White North. Being an asthmatic I won’t ever consider smoking it again. You saw the earlier bit about my misspent youth, right?  They are having a hard time meeting the demand for edibles here. I have been using CBD for the arthritis in my right hand since they made it legal. It’s not a cure but I get enough relief that I have stopped using Aleve, the other little blue pill. As for the munchies... I did mention I had to loose over 100 pounds to get to a not weight range and I don’t want to go through that again. Should I decide to give edibles a shot, well I love 💕 popcorn and make a really filling chocolate meal replacement bar that should help 😉

On 2/17/2020 at 10:33 AM, revkev said:

Wow - reading Pugs thing was scary to me - I have far too much going on in my life to think of 4 or 5 tines a week in a gym. But good for you.

When I started my fitness program I told my trainer that everything she gave me needed to be doable at home or work - like Matt I started with a goal of 180 - got there easily and didn’t really plateau until the low 170’s - cracked that barrier and have stayed in the 160’s ever since - a year and a half plus.

I never have counted calories - I just try to avoid junk and keep my portions reasonable - I’ve learned to stay active - i walk the campus for 5 minutes every hour (it would be easy to sit all day with my job), park far away from store entrances - top floors of the parking garages when I visit hospitals - never take elevators - it gets me to around 6 miles of walking and 8 flights of stairs a day - throw in 2 or 3 strength building sessions a week and I’m pretty fit for a busy 63 year old guy.

I need to cut back on my alcohol intake - that’s a goal for this years Lent. I don’t do Lent to punish - I do it to change - that’s the next ange that I need to make.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hey revkev, your post has been on my mind and I don’t want you or the other readers to get  misleading impression. Right now I am full tilt boogie into my winter routine as described. I am going to transition into my pre-golf season routine starting next week. Working outs 🏋️ will happen on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday is for putting and range practice (and a little banjo) which still has to be inside for the next couple of months. The work outs will still include 32 to 46 sets, depending on what I am working on. To that I have added Superspeed Stix. Unlike what is posted elsewhere I do that after my workout. To be true to my own health if I miss a session I do a make up session on the weekend. I did drop the 5 pounds I put on on Valentines Day and got my blood sugars back to normal by last Thursday so this program is working for me. Now it’s time to shag off to theGolf Expo. Cheers.

May the course be with you 🏌️♂️

So I got a good talking to at the doc's last week. I'm 5'11" and 201 lbs. Not so bad compared with the general public... but I have a history of knee problems and he's been telling me for years he wants me around 185lbs to reduce wear & tear. My father's had 2 total knees and my mother just had her hip done. My dad was my age when he had his first total knee done. 

I honestly don't want to have to go through that so it's time to get serious. My wife is very fit and has a Beachbody on Demand subscription for her workouts that I'm borrowing. I'm starting with a 10 minute daily workout for 1 month to ease my body back into things before I ramp things up. Today was workout #1 and it's looking like I'm going to need to rethink my shower schedule because WOW I didn't think 10 mins of cardio would kick my butt like that. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

9 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

So I got a good talking to at the doc's last week. I'm 5'11" and 201 lbs. Not so bad compared with the general public... but I have a history of knee problems and he's been telling me for years he wants me around 185lbs to reduce wear & tear. My father's had 2 total knees and my mother just had her hip done. My dad was my age when he had his first total knee done. 

I honestly don't want to have to go through that so it's time to get serious. My wife is very fit and has a Beachbody on Demand subscription for her workouts that I'm borrowing. I'm starting with a 10 minute daily workout for 1 month to ease my body back into things before I ramp things up. Today was workout #1 and it's looking like I'm going to need to rethink my shower schedule because WOW I didn't think 10 mins of cardio would kick my butt like that. 

I'm doing the Focus T25 and yes, I sweat a lot!

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

anyone tried Phil's diet.... I remember that he was always chubby and had the 'man boob' thing.  NOW - he's totally fit and will be 50 soon.  Makes me really want to try it.  The intermittent fasting thing is interesting.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/16/phil-mickelson-takes-you-inside-the-diet-he-hopes-reinvents-his-career/

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

There’s no such thing as a magic diet. Losing weight boils down to calories (energy) in vs calories (energy) out. Dieting doesn’t work and it’s why there are hundreds of fad diets and/or pills and devices out there being sold daily.

it has to be a lifestyle change. There are a number of ways to accomplish weight loss such as intermittent fasting assuming one is not over eating in their window, keto, high carb low fat, flexible eating which has numerous studies out to show to be the most effective at losing weight and keeping it off. This allows a person to enjoy foods they like while also eating nutrient dense foods. The more single nutrient foods you eat the more flexible you can be with a snack or meal out.

Find what works best for you and you can sustain both thru the weight loss phase and after you reach your goal.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Losing weight boils down to calories (energy) in vs calories (energy) out.

And this is why intermittent fasting does work well for a lot of people. Not eating a meal (or two) will usually result in less overall caloric intake throughout a day. Especially since most people tend to skip breakfast, and a lot of common "grab-and-go" breakfast foods (donuts, Pop-Tarts, energy/granola bars) are pretty much glorified candy bars nutritionally. 

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

anyone tried Phil's diet.... I remember that he was always chubby and had the 'man boob' thing.  NOW - he's totally fit and will be 50 soon.  Makes me really want to try it.  The intermittent fasting thing is interesting.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/16/phil-mickelson-takes-you-inside-the-diet-he-hopes-reinvents-his-career/

Modified "bulletproof" coffee, it looks like. Essentially, fat (MCT oil) for energy, electrolytes, probiotics and some collagen for joint health. 

MCT oil is big among the keto community, but I'm not a huge fan. Tends to have a big laxative effect, and I'm not a huge proponent of adding unnecessary fat to the diet, especially for people who have already have plenty of body fat to lose. For an athlete, however, MCT oil is immediate energy so I can see the benefits for Phil.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I think I could do intermittent fasting if it was just coffee and water all day.

But IMHO you need to exercise.  You can't just drink slim fast and sit around and expect the weight to fall off.  Do Something.  Every day.  

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I think I could do intermittent fasting if it was just coffee and water all day.

But IMHO you need to exercise.  You can't just drink slim fast and sit around and expect the weight to fall off.  Do Something.  Every day.  

Exercise will help but isn’t necessary. My cousins husband lost 20lbs by eating in a caloric deficit. His job is somewhat active but consuming less calories than your body needs to maintain weight is all that is needed. Find what your TDEE is and then eat ~500 calories less/day. Monitor your weight daily to get a weekly average for 2 weeks and if no change in weight then reduce by another 100-150 calories/day

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Exercise will help but isn’t necessary. My cousins husband lost 20lbs by eating in a caloric deficit. His job is somewhat active but consuming less calories than your body needs to maintain weight is all that is needed. Find what your TDEE is and then eat ~500 calories less/day. Monitor your weight daily to get a weekly average for 2 weeks and if no change in weight then reduce by another 100-150 calories/day

You want to live longer?  Exercise.  Plain and simple.

Don't believe me?  Google it.  "exercise to live longer."  there's no point in starving yourself if you can't live to enjoy it.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

A little bit about my story, the summary version. Growing up I was always on the heavy end of the spectrum and eventually ballooned to 230 pounds (at 5'5"). In my mid-20 to late 20's, I dieted and exercised all the way down to a low of 143. Now in my mid-30s, I've kept off most of the weight, but gained some back, with a high of 167. Since I started to pick back up golf again, I lost about 8 pounds, and am just under 160. I would like to lose about 5 more pounds right now while focus on getting stronger.

One odd note, I always gain weight on low carb diets. The reason being is I love meat and can way overeat my allotted calories in a day when eating "low carb". When I eat a higher carb diet and restrict my meat intake, I tend to lose weight. Sounds strange, but it's because of quantity of calories. i.e. 1 to 2 servings of homemade spaghetti have less calories than me eating a 16oz ribeye steak.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There’s no such thing as a magic diet. Losing weight boils down to calories (energy) in vs calories (energy) out. Dieting doesn’t work and it’s why there are hundreds of fad diets and/or pills and devices out there being sold daily.

it has to be a lifestyle change. There are a number of ways to accomplish weight loss such as intermittent fasting assuming one is not over eating in their window, keto, high carb low fat, flexible eating which has numerous studies out to show to be the most effective at losing weight and keeping it off. This allows a person to enjoy foods they like while also eating nutrient dense foods. The more single nutrient foods you eat the more flexible you can be with a snack or meal out.

Find what works best for you and you can sustain both thru the weight loss phase and after you reach your goal.

Spot on. Just minor addition it's the type of calories in: one could consume 1600 calories of Oreo's but that wouldn't be very good for the body or one's health.

One thing I found about exercise (which I do but not fond of it)  is that I start making better decisions. So when I think about reaching for the chips or cookies I stop myself because I relate it to the number of additional minutes of exercise  I need to work that junk food off. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, edingc said:

And this is why intermittent fasting does work well for a lot of people. Not eating a meal (or two) will usually result in less overall caloric intake throughout a day. Especially since most people tend to skip breakfast, and a lot of common "grab-and-go" breakfast foods (donuts, Pop-Tarts, energy/granola bars) are pretty much glorified candy bars nutritionally. 

There are some of us who eat more frequently but less at each meal. I probably eat 4-5 times a day (light meals) and don't gain weight - drives my wife crazy. I find that if I miss a couple of meals,  I overeat at the next meal (with substantially larger and more caloric meals). My point is that this is very individual approach and you have to find what works best for you.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

36 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

You want to live longer?  Exercise.  Plain and simple.

Don't believe me?  Google it.  "exercise to live longer."  there's no point in starving yourself if you can't live to enjoy it.

Never said it wasn’t a good idea to exercise just that losing weight doesn’t require it. 

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Spot on. Just minor addition it's the type of calories in: one could consume 1600 calories of Oreo's but that wouldn't be very good for the body or one's health.

One thing I found about exercise (which I do but not fond of it)  is that I start making better decisions. So when I think about reaching for the chips or cookies I stop myself because I relate it to the number of additional minutes of exercise  I need to work that junk food off. 

For sure. All depends on who good one wants to feel during the day. I like a 80/20 or 90/10 mix between “good” and “bad” foods. 

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

There are some of us who eat more frequently but less at each meal. I probably eat 4-5 times a day (light meals) and don't gain weight - drives my wife crazy. I find that if I miss a couple of meals,  I overeat at the next meal (with substantially larger and more caloric meals). My point is that this is very individual approach and you have to find what works best for you.  

I’m the same way. I eat 5-6 meals (includes snacks), cut it to 4-5 on weekends as I don’t wake up as early so midday meals usually get combined.

if in a deficit then I’ll cut it to 3-4.

One other thing to point out is high protein intake will help with satiation.

10 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

And SlimFast isn’t going to qualify as something you drink while fasting. I do drink tea and coffee on fasting days like today. It helps when I am having a hunger pang. If I was going to give a tip on managing pangs it would be to try to eliminate all highly processed carbs for 4 or 5 days before fasting. I found this really helped diminish the pangs. Also, after a couple of fasts it actually gets easier. 

On 2/24/2020 at 12:11 PM, tony@CIC said:

In the same vein, not all calories created equal. That 1600 calories derived from highly processed foods like those mentioned will actually cause you to gain more weight than 1600 calories from a kale salad. So while weight loss is dependent on calories out being greater than calories in, it will take more calories burned than the 1600 calories in from the Oreos to loose the Oreos weight. I was surprised by this when I read about the study, since I had always thought a calorie in would require a calorie out for equilibrium. The body does not have “calorie receptors”. It reacts to the type and quality of the food. This sucks, because I really love Oreos. 

In the same vein, not all calories created equal. That 1600 calories derived from highly processed foods like those mentioned will actually cause you to gain more weight than 1600 calories from a kale salad. So while weight loss is dependent on calories out being greater than calories in, it will take more calories burned than the 1600 calories in from the Oreos to loose the Oreos weight. I was surprised by this when I read about the study, since I had always thought a calorie in would require a calorie out for equilibrium. The body does not have “calorie receptors”. It reacts to the type and quality of the food. This sucks, because I really love Oreos. 

Scientifically speaking, a calorie in the most basic sense is a unit of measure and a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Where people get confused is that while all calories are the same, the expenditure you get out of the calorie is what matters most. Protein has the highest energy output from one calorie followed by fiber, carbs and then fat. Protein and fiber are your go-to calories for the day with some carbs and a little fat. All are important and all have a job to do, but you can gain weight with an excess in any of those four types of calories.

Also, please post that study/article because it sounds like it defies the laws of physics in the human body.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Time to get moving, and Lent is just the motivation I’ve needed. I lost 15 lbs after my surgery in November, but I’ve gained 20 back. The hardest part about losing any weight is being on the road EVERY day. I’m just going to have to start packing my lunch and snacks so what goes in is healthy.
Time to start using the TRX system, power walking on the treadmill, and doing core exercises to help with my back disease. Here we go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm getting on this train as well.  I'm well north of where I want to be.  I started my food journal a couple of days ago in My Fitness Pal.  I don't enjoy it, but I sure do eat less when I force myself to log everything I eat.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Day 3 of the 10 minute challenge is complete, and now I'm eating some scrambled egg beaters with spinach. Today was all core workout and I'm exhausted. Can I go back to bed instead of work?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

24 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Day 3 of the 10 minute challenge is complete, and now I'm eating some scrambled egg beaters with spinach. Today was all core workout and I'm exhausted. Can I go back to bed instead of work?

No, you can't. I started my T25 last week and everything hurt. Now in week 2, nothing is that sore...you'll get used to it.

In the bag:

Bag: 

About a year ago, I was within 10 pounds of my target of being <200 lbs. A couple vacations with way too much eating out knocked me off the train and I slowly gained back ~15 lbs. The wife and I have started trying in earnest again. For me, the toughest part is the after-work snacks. I would love to sit down with a bag of chips or smash a half dozen Oreos into my face, but the last few days I have had fruit. Less enjoyable to me, but curbs the hunger until dinner. Combine with a few trips to the gym per week and the weight is slowly trickling off.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

18 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Scientifically speaking, a calorie in the most basic sense is a unit of measure and a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Where people get confused is that while all calories are the same, the expenditure you get out of the calorie is what matters most. Protein has the highest energy output from one calorie followed by fiber, carbs and then fat. Protein and fiber are your go-to calories for the day with some carbs and a little fat. All are important and all have a job to do, but you can gain weight with an excess in any of those four types of calories.

Also, please post that study/article because it sounds like it defies the laws of physics in the human body.

I knew someone would have to ask but didn’t have the references at my fingertips when I posted this comment, for which I apologize. Although there are other references on this topic, see: Fildes A, et al. Probability of an obese person attaining normal body weight: cohort study using electronic health records. Am J Public Health. 2015; 105(9) e54-e59.

I would also refer anyone interested to the most “ambitious, important nutrition study ever done”, namely The Women’s Health Initiative which examines a number of health issues and generated a variety of reports on specific topics. This randomized trial involved almost 50,000 women and one of the subjects evaluated was the low fat, low calorie approach with a 10% increase in exercise to generate weight loss. The trial extended over a 7 year period. The protocol predicted a 32 pound per year weight loss. Although there was very good compliance with the protocol which predicted the results at the end of the seven year period were described as crushing. The protocol lead to not a single pound of weight loss. Not. One. Pound. This completely obliterates the calories in vs. calories out that we all thought was correct that has been advocated for the last 50 plus years. But don’t take my word for it, read it for yourself: Howard BV, et al. Low-fat dietary and weight change over 7 years: the Women’s Health Initiative Dietary Modification Trial. JAMA. 2006 Jan 4; 295(1): 39-49. 

So that’s some of the science on this topic, as opposed to just being my opinion. With respect to your comment that it defies physics, you’re right, it does. That’s because it’s not physics. The cause of weight gain is hormonal imbalance. As for a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, want to bet? A calorie is a measure taken from physics: the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water 1* Celsius. There is no direct connection to hormones and the complex processes of digestion. As you can see, the calorie definition makes no mention of food. The use of references to calories has become a convenient and unfortunately misleading assumptions. As I said, the body does not have “calorie receptors”.

The calories in vs calories out (CICO) model is also called the kitchen sink model. However the analogy is false since storage of the products from eating is not a one compartment analogy, like a sink.  It’s not like taking food in and out of a fridge. The surplus we eat gets stored as fat in a freezer in the basement for consumption once the fridge is empty. Fat storage and consumption works through a different process than that involved with the use of blood sugar. You can’t get to the fat in the freezer until you use what is in the fridge first. This is a hormonal, not a physics issue.

Please provide the research that describes, “the laws of physics in the human body” and how they relate to the bodies complex hormone processes. I look forward to some interesting reading on this subject. 

Cheers 🥂

28 minutes ago, Pug said:

I knew someone would have to ask but didn’t have the references at my fingertips when I posted this comment, for which I apologize. Although there are other references on this topic, see: Fildes A, et al. Probability of an obese person attaining normal body weight: cohort study using electronic health records. Am J Public Health. 2015; 105(9) e54-e59.

I would also refer anyone interested to the most “ambitious, important nutrition study ever done”, namely The Women’s Health Initiative which examines a number of health issues and generated a variety of reports on specific topics. This randomized trial involved almost 50,000 women and one of the subjects evaluated was the low fat, low calorie approach with a 10% increase in exercise to generate weight loss. The trial extended over a 7 year period. The protocol predicted a 32 pound per year weight loss. Although there was very good compliance with the protocol which predicted the results at the end of the seven year period were described as crushing. The protocol lead to not a single pound of weight loss. Not. One. Pound. This completely obliterates the calories in vs. calories out that we all thought was correct that has been advocated for the last 50 plus years. But don’t take my word for it, read it for yourself: Howard BV, et al. Low-fat dietary and weight change over 7 years: the Women’s Health Initiative Dietary Modification Trial. JAMA. 2006 Jan 4; 295(1): 39-49. 

So that’s some of the science on this topic, as opposed to just being my opinion. With respect to your comment that it defies physics, you’re right, it does. That’s because it’s not physics. The cause of weight gain is hormonal imbalance. As for a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, want to bet? A calorie is a measure taken from physics: the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water 1* Celsius. There is no direct connection to hormones and the complex processes of digestion. As you can see, the calorie definition makes no mention of food. The use of references to calories has become a convenient and unfortunately misleading assumptions. As I said, the body does not have “calorie receptors”.

The calories in vs calories out (CICO) model is also called the kitchen sink model. However the analogy is false since storage of the products from eating is not a one compartment analogy, like a sink.  It’s not like taking food in and out of a fridge. The surplus we eat gets stored as fat in a freezer in the basement for consumption once the fridge is empty. Fat storage and consumption works through a different process than that involved with the use of blood sugar. You can’t get to the fat in the freezer until you use what is in the fridge first. This is a hormonal, not a physics issue.

Please provide the research that describes, “the laws of physics in the human body” and how they relate to the bodies complex hormone processes. I look forward to some interesting reading on this subject. 

Cheers 🥂

You might want to go look up some of the stuff Dr Layne Norton has done on CICO. His fat loss forever book is really good resource that dives into the energy aspect of calories and so on.

32 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You might want to go look up some of the stuff Dr Layne Norton has done on CICO. His fat loss forever book is really good resource that dives into the energy aspect of calories and so on.

Thanks for the reference and I will do. There’s always more to learn.