TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

OK,
I lost weight, and it had nothing to do with what ever that all was.   Just live my life like my grandfather taught.  Everything in moderation.  You might want to try that.

Great answer

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

14 hours ago, kardboard.kid said:

OK,

I lost weight, and it had nothing to do with what ever that all was.   Just live my life like my grandfather taught.  Everything in moderation.  You might want to try that.

To clarify "what that was", underlying the posts was a question of integrity regarding the accuracy of what was posted.

Too much? A bit over the top? Guilty as charged.

I will admit to suffering from enthusiasm and exuberance when faced with statements made to me that I view as misleading. You might be prepared to accept those circumstances, but I am just not built that way.

I do try to exercise moderation with my physical excesses, generally what might fall under the general heading of sex, drugs, rock and roll.

Contrary to your advise, as well intentioned as I am sure it is,  I can't do everything in moderation. I have a difficult time exercise moderation with respect to my personal ethics.  For me that would mean doing less than my best, and when I succumb to that laziness I always feel guilty about it. No doubt it's a personal short coming. I apologize if that or the posts offend you.

2 hours ago, Pug said:

To clarify "what that was", underlying the posts was a question of integrity regarding the accuracy of what was posted.

Too much? A bit over the top? Guilty as charged.

I will admit to suffering from enthusiasm and exuberance when faced with statements made to me that I view as misleading. You might be prepared to accept those circumstances, but I am just not built that way.

I do try to exercise moderation with my physical excesses, generally what might fall under the general heading of sex, drugs, rock and roll.

Contrary to your advise, as well intentioned as I am sure it is,  I can't do everything in moderation. I have a difficult time exercise moderation with respect to my personal ethics.  For me that would mean doing less than my best, and when I succumb to that laziness I always feel guilty about it. No doubt it's a personal short coming. I apologize if that or the posts offend you.

I'll add you to my prayer list, you seem to be in real need of it. 🙂   As for this thread, it is meant for encouragement, from one person to another.   We all have professionals we work with regarding the particulars.  Whether you agree or not, keep your posts to support only.   Thank you.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

2 hours ago, kardboard.kid said:

I'll add you to my prayer list, you seem to be in real need of it. 🙂   As for this thread, it is meant for encouragement, from one person to another.   We all have professionals we work with regarding the particulars.  Whether you agree or not, keep your posts to support only.   Thank you.

I appreciate the supportive gesture, but please don't bother God on my account.

You may have misunderstood my intent. The posts were meant to be supportive to those who are interested in accurate information being presented on this forum. If the information falls short of that standard it is appropriate in my view that the short fall is noted. In this case there were many points made that required longer response than one might expect. I may have been a bit frustrated by the scope of what I saw but there was no personal animosity on my part. 

@Pug well done on your research and response. If anything, I hope you learned something new while researching and typing up your response.

While there might be more pressing things in this world right now that take up my time, I'll keep this response brief...

I'm not against IF. If someone can lose weight via caloric reduction and reduce inflammation while on IF, then great. Same goes if you have success on Keto, or South Beach, or Paleo, or Vegan, etc. However, none of these are a magic bullet. People should be encouraged to try any or all of them to see where they might be successful in weight loss. 

What I am against is Dr Fung. In one of your responses, you quoted the following:  Fung’s point is evidence based medicine is completely worthless if the evidence base is false or corrupted. Why or how could this happen? As cited in this article, another former editor of the NEJM, Dr. RELMAN said in 2002: “The medical profession is being bought by the pharmaceutical industry, not only in terms of the practice of medicine, but also in terms of teaching and research. The academic institutions of this country are allowing themselves to be the paid agents of the pharmaceutical industry. I think it’s disgraceful”

To that I say, what does Dr Fung sell? And why does he need to push it? Sounds like he is doing exactly what Dr Relman stated. He sold out to an herbal tea company with zero verified health benefits. And yes, a lot of the folks I seek nutrition advice from have an app, but it's a generic weight loss app that keeps track of caloric intake, not a tea or 'immune boosting' supplement that others might push right now. That's what I don't like about the guy. 

Also, sugar, HFCS, artificial flavors and sweeteners do not cause cancer. The over consumption increases the risk, but so does an over consumption of a lot of things. The ingredient is never the poison, the dosage is the poison. Here's a summary on a 2005 study that rebutted the 1970s studies that showed artificial sweeteners caused cancer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15367404

And a note on studies...every study, regardless of scope, intent, outcome, etc is funded by someone or some company/industry. Folks in Academia can't personally fund tests that last for year(s) and involve dozens of subjects, so someone has to float the bill. What you, the reader, has to learn is how to look at these studies and interpret the data. Let's say a study comes out that says 'Bacon increases cancer risk by 30%' which just reading the headline, you're like 'oh crap'. But reading the test and the results, your baseline risk of getting cancer from bacon was only 5% but a 30% bumps it to 6.5%...which could completely change the opinion of someone like you reading the details. 

We will agree to disagree on CICO. There are obesity doctors that have argued there's no way around CICO and there are others that say it doesn't matter nearly as much. Those that push say, and I agree, that people underestimate their calories in and overestimate your calories out. 

I know you said a lot and I skipped around a bit in my response. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

8 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

@Pug well done on your research and response. If anything, I hope you learned something new while researching and typing up your response.

While there might be more pressing things in this world right now that take up my time, I'll keep this response brief...

I'm not against IF. If someone can lose weight via caloric reduction and reduce inflammation while on IF, then great. Same goes if you have success on Keto, or South Beach, or Paleo, or Vegan, etc. However, none of these are a magic bullet. People should be encouraged to try any or all of them to see where they might be successful in weight loss. 

What I am against is Dr Fung. In one of your responses, you quoted the following:  Fung’s point is evidence based medicine is completely worthless if the evidence base is false or corrupted. Why or how could this happen? As cited in this article, another former editor of the NEJM, Dr. RELMAN said in 2002: “The medical profession is being bought by the pharmaceutical industry, not only in terms of the practice of medicine, but also in terms of teaching and research. The academic institutions of this country are allowing themselves to be the paid agents of the pharmaceutical industry. I think it’s disgraceful”

To that I say, what does Dr Fung sell? And why does he need to push it? Sounds like he is doing exactly what Dr Relman stated. He sold out to an herbal tea company with zero verified health benefits. And yes, a lot of the folks I seek nutrition advice from have an app, but it's a generic weight loss app that keeps track of caloric intake, not a tea or 'immune boosting' supplement that others might push right now. That's what I don't like about the guy. 

Also, sugar, HFCS, artificial flavors and sweeteners do not cause cancer. The over consumption increases the risk, but so does an over consumption of a lot of things. The ingredient is never the poison, the dosage is the poison. Here's a summary on a 2005 study that rebutted the 1970s studies that showed artificial sweeteners caused cancer. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15367404

And a note on studies...every study, regardless of scope, intent, outcome, etc is funded by someone or some company/industry. Folks in Academia can't personally fund tests that last for year(s) and involve dozens of subjects, so someone has to float the bill. What you, the reader, has to learn is how to look at these studies and interpret the data. Let's say a study comes out that says 'Bacon increases cancer risk by 30%' which just reading the headline, you're like 'oh crap'. But reading the test and the results, your baseline risk of getting cancer from bacon was only 5% but a 30% bumps it to 6.5%...which could completely change the opinion of someone like you reading the details. 

We will agree to disagree on CICO. There are obesity doctors that have argued there's no way around CICO and there are others that say it doesn't matter nearly as much. Those that push say, and I agree, that people underestimate their calories in and overestimate your calories out. 

I know you said a lot and I skipped around a bit in my response. 

No worries, I think our points of view are actually closer than may appear at first blush, particularly the point concerning not doing the homework by reading in depth and to not accept everything at face value. I also am onboard regarding  the issue of over and under estimating calories in and out. Frankly, overall we are on the same page here, except for your view of Fung. What, you don't want the guy to have a side business? Just kidding. On that I am happy to agree to disagree.

I appreciate my responses were long and you skipped around a bit so you may have missed this. My position on CICO is not that it will never work. I didn't express that well in the post that kicked off this conversation since I was only focused on the long term. I used calorie restriction and exercise to loose the first 80 pounds of my weight loss journey. I would say that is a significant support for the idea that it worked to that point. It took 7 years and there was a lot of back sliding and up and down weight shifts along the way. The problem I had was no matter how much I adjusted and restricted my intake I was simply unable to loose the final 30 pounds I needed to get my blood sugars into the normal range.  In my case the calorie restriction evolved first from eating less than to eating clean. That was more than calorie restriction, it was a life style change. I still have to be careful to not over eat.

As a last resort I tried IF and it worked for me. I lost the weight, my blood sugar is where it needs to be, I am off the diabetes meds.  Unfortunately I will not be able to get my A1c test done this quarter to confirm I have the disease in remission, but in the greater scheme of things that is minor. As a final note, you have no idea how much I miss sitting in a lounge chair and eating pizza and drinking beer. 

Good to hear from you. 

My full weight loss efforts are currently on a slight pause, after tweaking my back last Friday moving my daughter out of her dorm room I'm still not feeling so hot. I'm doing 20 mins of yoga each morning to stretch my back and alleviate some pain, but that's the extent of my workouts right now.

On the good side, with working from home for the next few weeks I can eat smartly - fruits for snacks and lots of veggies with lunch since I can prepare everything fresh. So that's been a welcome change. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

The challenge I am facing is not over eating out of boredom. The trick is staying busy, and I can only read trashy novels for so long. Now that the libraries are closed I even have to pace that. There is  a minimal amount I can do from home due to the extensive firewalls we have at work, so I am pacing myself with some DIY projects, practicing with the PuttOut and playing guitar. I have also added a light workout on Tuesday and Thursdays to try to stay fit and not let my weight creep back up. So far, so good.

12 minutes ago, Pug said:

The challenge I am facing is not over eating out of boredom. 

There's a lot of truth to that. Yesterday, I ended up washing and waxing my wife's SUV plus some additional garage clean-up and I didn't eat near as much as the previous day when I was just vegging out. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hanging around the 259-262 mark for a week since dropping from 278 in early Feb when my A1C surprised us at a 5.8 pre-diabetes stage. Eating reasonably healthy and staying away from processed food as much as possible and only eating a low carb wheat bread.  Not really low carb per say, it's just a smaller piece of bread.  Eating fish 2-3x a week with a mixture of beef, pork, and chicken the rest of the week.  No ice cream, 1 sugar free soda a week, no candy other than a small serving of 90% dark chocolate most days, and no jelly on my PB and minus J sandwich.  I was swimming several days a week but that is closed for the time being.  I walk when I golf and/or walk my hood most evenings to get some exercise in.  Trying to stay busy and off the couch. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 3/27/2020 at 11:39 AM, pulledabill said:

Hanging around the 259-262 mark for a week since dropping from 278 in early Feb when my A1C surprised us at a 5.8 pre-diabetes stage. Eating reasonably healthy and staying away from processed food as much as possible and only eating a low carb wheat bread.  Not really low carb per say, it's just a smaller piece of bread.  Eating fish 2-3x a week with a mixture of beef, pork, and chicken the rest of the week.  No ice cream, 1 sugar free soda a week, no candy other than a small serving of 90% dark chocolate most days, and no jelly on my PB and minus J sandwich.  I was swimming several days a week but that is closed for the time being.  I walk when I golf and/or walk my hood most evenings to get some exercise in.  Trying to stay busy and off the couch. 

Good for you, an 18 pound drop is a significant achievement. Like you, I had some surprisingly good A1c results while I was still losing weight but unfortunately in my case they always popped back up into the diabetic range when my weight loss plateaued. Hopefully you will have a better result. It was only after I got my weight down to a BMI level of 21 (130 pounds) that it has stayed down. It is nice to be off the meds. 

I can relate to your diet, it’s much the same as my own which is heavily influenced by the Mediterranean diet. I actually don’t remember the last time I had bread and I sure do miss baking it. (Almost as much as eating it!) My processed carbs are pretty much restricted to crackers these days, and then only on weekends. That is also when I enjoy some 85 or 90% dark chocolate and a glass or two of wine. Did that last night and my blood sugar popped up to 6.0 this morning.

I am going to be doing something with salmon tonight - probably have a salad; that has yet to be decided. Maybe some berries and yogurt afterwards or perhaps the other half of the dark chocolate bar left from last night. I have been drinking club soda with a squeeze of lime juice (to prevent scurvy) and occasionally a sugar free lemon iced tea for a thirst quencher. About once a week for the iced tea is about what I have been having as well. My problem with artificial sweeteners is they make me feel hungry in the same way as sugar and processed carbs do. 

I have an evolving meal replacement bar that I have been working on. I use it to quell cravings and as a substitute for a high carb snack. There are no added sugars, only those naturally occurring in the fruit I use in the recipe. It leans heavily into whole grains with a healthy shot of whey protein powder added to snuff out appetite. 

I’ve also been walking my ‘hood since the track at the Sportsplex closed. This week I got up to 3.2 kilometres with out using walking aids. That is the longest distance I have managed since my hip replacement 16 months ago. I was looking forward to walking the course once again - I haven’t been able to do that since the surgery. Unfortunately yesterday my home course put out the word that they will not open before May 15, if then, so it will be a while longer before I will have the chance. On the plus side the Black Hole Gang is keeping it spirits up by exchanging jokes and links to funny videos. 

The temperature is up to a blistering 6° Celsius so I am heading out to do some winter clean up in the yard as soon as I post this.

38 minutes ago, Pug said:

Good for you, an 18 pound drop is a significant achievement. Like you, I had some surprisingly good A1c results while I was still losing weight but unfortunately in my case they always popped back up into the diabetic range when my weight loss plateaued. Hopefully you will have a better result. It was only after I got my weight down to a BMI level of 21 (130 pounds) that it has stayed down. It is nice to be off the meds. 

I can relate to your diet, it’s much the same as my own which is heavily influenced by the Mediterranean diet. I actually don’t remember the last time I had bread and I sure do miss baking it. (Almost as much as eating it!) My processed carbs are pretty much restricted to crackers these days, and then only on weekends. That is also when I enjoy some 85 or 90% dark chocolate and a glass or two of wine. Did that last night and my blood sugar popped up to 6.0 this morning.

I am going to be doing something with salmon tonight - probably have a salad; that has yet to be decided. Maybe some berries and yogurt afterwards or perhaps the other half of the dark chocolate bar left from last night. I have been drinking club soda with a squeeze of lime juice (to prevent scurvy) and occasionally a sugar free lemon iced tea for a thirst quencher. About once a week for the iced tea is about what I have been having as well. My problem with artificial sweeteners is they make me feel hungry in the same way as sugar and processed carbs do. 

I have an evolving meal replacement bar that I have been working on. I use it to quell cravings and as a substitute for a high carb snack. There are no added sugars, only those naturally occurring in the fruit I use in the recipe. It leans heavily into whole grains with a healthy shot of whey protein powder added to snuff out appetite. 

I’ve also been walking my ‘hood since the track at the Sportsplex closed. This week I got up to 3.2 kilometres with out using walking aids. That is the longest distance I have managed since my hip replacement 16 months ago. I was looking forward to walking the course once again - I haven’t been able to do that since the surgery. Unfortunately yesterday my home course put out the word that they will not open before May 15, if then, so it will be a while longer before I will have the chance. On the plus side the Black Hole Gang is keeping it spirits up by exchanging jokes and links to funny videos. 

The temperature is up to a blistering 6° Celsius so I am heading out to do some winter clean up in the yard as soon as I post this.

I put a squirt of Mio in my water to help my water consumption for the day.  The problem with anything splurge like a diet soda is that I crave it even more so I fight almost by the minute sometimes to not give in a grab one. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

My work place does a "biggest loser" contest every year as part of their wellness program. Last year I started at 187 and got down to 159 in 3 months. Unfortunately I let myself slide over the last year and got back up to 184.

I decided to so it again this year. I'm down to 160 with mid April ending the contest. I'm not sure I want to lose any more weight. I just need to maintain it...lol. 

I won last year... $400.00 and a $25.00 visa card for reaching my goal. I doubt I'll win this year... my buddy started at 351 and is down to 290 right now. I'm rooting for him!

I don't do anything other than eat the right food and portion control... and walk my dogs every day.

4 hours ago, silver & black said:

My work place does a "biggest loser" contest every year as part of their wellness program. Last year I started at 187 and got down to 159 in 3 months. Unfortunately I let myself slide over the last year and got back up to 184.

I decided to so it again this year. I'm down to 160 with mid April ending the contest. I'm not sure I want to lose any more weight. I just need to maintain it...lol. 

I won last year... $400.00 and a $25.00 visa card for reaching my goal. I doubt I'll win this year... my buddy started at 351 and is down to 290 right now. I'm rooting for him!

I don't do anything other than eat the right food and portion control... and walk my dogs every day.

For a lot of people that is all it takes, but the challenge is doing both parts: eating the right food and portion control. It is amazing how hard resisting temptation can be. Walking the dog makes a virtue of necessity, with the added benefit of fresh air and exercise. Mrs. Pug and I were able to spend 4 hours in the garden today, another example of making a virtue out of necessity.

20 hours ago, pulledabill said:

I put a squirt of Mio in my water to help my water consumption for the day. 

I just discovered that when I was in Florida. Sure beats lemonade powder for calories.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I just discovered that when I was in Florida. Sure beats lemonade powder for calories.

I don't think you have Safeways out in Ohio, but their store brand isn't bad. 

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

23 hours ago, pulledabill said:

I don't think you have Safeways out in Ohio, but their store brand isn't bad. 

No we don't, but the Walmart Great Value brand is good too. Exact same ingredients as the rest of them.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The data is in. A couple weeks ago, five days on a 152 km bicycle tour - gained 6 lbs. Last two days, sitting around the house on my butt in self isolation - lost 3 lbs.

Uh, we ate pretty good on the bike trail, but.... Back on the stationary bike tomorrow. Don't want to waste away.  

Edited by Hecaviator

9 hours ago, Hecaviator said:

The data is in. A couple weeks ago, five days on a 152 km bicycle tour - gained 6 lbs. Last two days, sitting around the house on my butt in self isolation - lost 3 lbs.

Uh, we ate pretty good on the bike trail, but.... Back on the stationary bike tomorrow. Don't want to waste away.  

I'm guessing, but I'll bet the weight gain was mostly muscle, and not over-celebrating surviving another bike ride, right? I am finding staying motivated to work out at home is a challenge. I've got a workout mat and some free weights, but most of the workout is me wrestling with my appetite!

Day 3 of being back on the workout wagon and things are going well. Still a slight bit of soreness in my back but nothing painful. I'm making sure to stretch both before and after workouts to play it safe.

I ordered 2 new bike tires on Amazon last night, if there's a time to get back on it and ride, it's right now with drastically reduced traffic.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I'm also back on my routine. Get up at 4:40am and do 2 miles, have brekkie, ablutions and head to work. Get in a few miles at work and then do another 2.5 miles when I get home.

In the bag:

Bag: 

8 hours ago, MattF said:

I'm also back on my routine. Get up at 4:40am and do 2 miles, have brekkie, ablutions and head to work. Get in a few miles at work and then do another 2.5 miles when I get home.

With all this teleworking, I've gotten out of my routine.  I walked a few miles a day getting to and from my office but now that my office is in the basement of my house...that's null🤷‍♂️.  I've put more into the elliptical workout but that's nullified with all the snacks my wife is shoving at me when we start to watch the inordinate amount of movies in the evening, LOL.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

19 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

With all this teleworking, I've gotten out of my routine.  I walked a few miles a day getting to and from my office but now that my office is in the basement of my house...that's null🤷‍♂️.  I've put more into the elliptical workout but that's nullified with all the snacks my wife is shoving at me when we start to watch the inordinate amount of movies in the evening, LOL.

MDGolfHacker

Oh god, I just remembered why I had to loose over a 100 pounds - I cook out of boredom. Not even swinging speedster today since weather is miserable. Just to be innovative I am planning a pub crawl for Friday night. This will involve putting different drinks in all of the rooms in the house! Since it’s small the challenge will be how many laps Mrs. Pug and I can do before face planting. Luckily, no matter where you are in the house it’s a short crawl to the bedroom🍺🥳🍺🍹🍾🥂🥂🍾🥂🍺🍹🥃🍾🥴🥂🥂🍾🤪🥂🥱🤢🤮😵🤯

2 hours ago, Pug said:

...This will involve putting different drinks in all of the rooms in the house! Since it’s small the challenge will be how many laps Mrs. Pug and I can do before face planting. ...

I love this idea!!!  My wife has a daily happy hour with her girlfriends via zoom....strangest thing is seeing 8 screens on zoom with the ladies all drinking either wine or tequilla,.....😀🤣😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

The last few days have been a struggle to motivate with the wind, rain, and hail storms.  Not wanting to bundle up for my evening walks.  Ate some comfort food over the weekend which I hope doesn't call my name too often.  Tracking what I eat and seeing the nutrition totals is what keeps me somewhat in check when I do splurge a bit.  Scale is bouncing from 259 to 262 the last 3 days.  I did find a window to golf yesterday with the plan to walk 18 which is a major calorie burn, but the wind and rain did me in.  I don't mind a little rain, but not a fan with the wind mixed in.

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 4/2/2020 at 1:00 PM, Pug said:

Oh god, I just remembered why I had to loose over a 100 pounds - I cook out of boredom. Not even swinging speedster today since weather is miserable. Just to be innovative I am planning a pub crawl for Friday night. This will involve putting different drinks in all of the rooms in the house! Since it’s small the challenge will be how many laps Mrs. Pug and I can do before face planting. Luckily, no matter where you are in the house it’s a short crawl to the bedroom🍺🥳🍺🍹🍾🥂🥂🍾🥂🍺🍹🥃🍾🥴🥂🥂🍾🤪🥂🥱🤢🤮😵🤯

Following up on this, ever have one of those hangovers where it feels like someone drove a golden needle through your left eye? Oh crap, just got an email from one of the gang and one of our guys is celebrating his 69th birthday with drinks online at 6:00 tonight. Reminded us all of the excesses we enjoyed in ‘69. Groan.

I don't necessarily need to lose weight, but good on keeping those on task.  One of my many skill sets.  First don't deprive yourself.  Each individual has their own make up.   But some basics, keep hydrated.  Water is your friend.  5 snacks are better than 3 big meals.  Start gradually and ensure that it is integrated into your everyday lifestyle.  Walk more and focus on your core strength to build muscle mass. Remember metabolism is dependent on age.  Sleep is good for you too.  A combination of both diet and exercise truly works.  Intermittent fasting can work for, but recommend starting gradually.  This should get you started.  And a lot of this can be integrated with golf succinctly.  So no excuses!

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

Oh god, I just remembered why I had to loose over a 100 pounds - I cook out of boredom. Not even swinging speedster today since weather is miserable. Just to be innovative I am planning a pub crawl for Friday night. This will involve putting different drinks in all of the rooms in the house! Since it’s small the challenge will be how many laps Mrs. Pug and I can do before face planting. Luckily, no matter where you are in the house it’s a short crawl to the bedroom🥳🥂🥂🥂🥃🥴🥂🥂🤪🥂🥱🤢🤮🤯

Just remember all those drinks = calories = weight gain . .

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

20 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Just remember all those drinks = calories = weight gain emoji16.png. .

You will be shocked, horrified and not the least bit surprised to learn your right😉! Plus 4 pounds is the price I am paying for two nights of self indulgence. I’ll shed that by Thursday with a little IF in between. Supper tonight will be salad and turkey to get things started on a downward trend.