TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss Thread

MattF

Started to lose weight and exercise more about two months ago now in preparation for a golf trip scheduled to Ireland and Scotland at the end of June.  Walking 18 holes a day for seven days was more than I could have done at the beginning of the year.  Down 26 lbs. so far with 12 weeks to go.  

I realize the trip will probably get canceled due to the Coronavirus pandemic engulfing the world, but I’m still motivated to keep going down the path I started.  Hoping to lose 12 more pounds before then.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

15 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Started to lose weight and exercise more about two months ago now in preparation for a golf trip scheduled to Ireland and Scotland at the end of June.  Walking 18 holes a day for seven days was more than I could have done at the beginning of the year.  Down 26 lbs. so far with 12 weeks to go.  

I realize the trip will probably get canceled due to the Coronavirus pandemic engulfing the world, but I’m still motivated to keep going down the path I started.  Hoping to lose 12 more pounds before then.

Let's see, you lost 26 pounds in about 8 to 9 weeks, and now you are hoping to loose 12 pounds in 12 weeks? Based on what you have already done, you've got this nailed!

So just for laughs I have toted up the alcohol consumption for those couple of days and it comes out to 1037 calories. So a 4.5 pound weight gain at 3,500 calories per pound of fat should amount to 15,750 calories. This would have to be in addition to what I normally eat, since I am able to keep my weight well regulated when not indulging. Here’s the kicker: the only things I ate over the two days that were not routine were 8 gingerbread cookies and two small muffins. I made both with a sugar substitute, and yes there would be some processed carbs in the flour I used, but not nearly enough to account for this much added weight. Friday night was turkey with crudités and cheeses. Hard liquor (scotch) was mixed with water. The rest was wine.

Yes, I overate with respect to the turkey. We basically did a repeat on Saturday. At roughly 200 calories for 3.5 ounces of mixed white and dark meat I would have to eat about...(14,000/200= 70 portions x 3.5 ounces = 245 ounces) ...15 pounds of turkey to get to that calorie count if the weight is retained as fat. Obviously I didn’t eat that much. Even with the added calories in the cookies and muffins I don’t come anywhere near this caloric intake.

The secret is in the booze. Alcohol makes me retain fluid. I’ll pee the majority of this away by Thursday, and what is attributable to excess food intake (which based upon previous experience) I estimate is about a pound, I will loose through working out (just came back from a 3.4 kilometre walk after my workout) and a bit of intermittent fasting tomorrow and Thursday.

Cheers 🥂

The bike riding part of my exercise plan is on the back burner for at least another week or so. The tires I ordered came in yesterday... and I ordered the wrong ones. Looks like when I changed the tire size on the dropdown I forgot to check/change the type of tire, and cruiser tires showed up. No thanks. Ordered some hybrids (yes I double checked this time!) which should arrive in around a week.

I thought I'd be slick and pump up what I have on the bike now and go for a short spin around the neighborhood. I could actually hear my rear tire disintegrating from the dry rot. So no riding for a bit, still doing the daily on-demand workouts from my wife's BeachBody subscription. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

The bike riding part of my exercise plan is on the back burner for at least another week or so. The tires I ordered came in yesterday... and I ordered the wrong ones. Looks like when I changed the tire size on the dropdown I forgot to check/change the type of tire, and cruiser tires showed up. No thanks. Ordered some hybrids (yes I double checked this time!) which should arrive in around a week.

I thought I'd be slick and pump up what I have on the bike now and go for a short spin around the neighborhood. I could actually hear my rear tire disintegrating from the dry rot. So no riding for a bit, still doing the daily on-demand workouts from my wife's BeachBody subscription. 

That's awesome! Seems like we're on a similar workout program. I'm doing a bunch of running/riding trying to get ready for a triathlon that may/may not happen and have been doing the Yoga 3-4 times a week on BBOD.  They've got a super deep catalog. My wife likes the HIIT with Sean T but I rarely join her because I want to enjoy my workouts.  "Yoga for cyclists" is amazing after a long ride.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That's awesome! Seems like we're on a similar workout program. I'm doing a bunch of running/riding trying to get ready for a triathlon that may/may not happen and have been doing the Yoga 3-4 times a week on BBOD.  They've got a super deep catalog. My wife likes the HIIT with Sean T but I rarely join her because I want to enjoy my workouts.  "Yoga for cyclists" is amazing after a long ride.

After I jacked up my back rushing while moving my daughter out of her dorm a few weeks ago, Vytas' Yoga for Lower Back Pain was a lifesaver. My wife's doing the 21 Day Fix right now and loves it. Thanks for the cycling yoga rec, I'll almost definitely be needing that once I start riding again LOL!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

After I jacked up my back rushing while moving my daughter out of her dorm a few weeks ago, Vytas' Yoga for Lower Back Pain was a lifesaver. My wife's doing the 21 Day Fix right now and loves it. Thanks for the cycling yoga rec, I'll almost definitely be needing that once I start riding again LOL!

The 21 Day Fix is what got me into it. I've never been flexible so I picked it to help ease my way in with a structured plan. 10/10 recommend as I'm sure your wife would agree. Best part is how they take time to teach you proper technique as opposed to other YouTube ones I've done that just jump from one to the next without much explanation.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I must say that tomorrow’s weigh in will be ugly. Weighed 166 this morning - Np way I’m under 169 tomorrow. :)

It was worth it and i will be back to 166 by Weds

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't even want to weigh myself, not that I've been over eating but I don't see any results.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

48 minutes ago, MattF said:

I don't even want to weigh myself, not that I've been over eating but I don't see any results.

I didn't want to weigh myself because I've been snacking way too much while stuck at home, but I've only put on ~3.5 lbs since this all started. I assume I'm losing muscle mass. I feel like I'm going to end up like a Wall-E character if this goes on too much longer. Off to Amazon to find a hover-recliner.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I actually weighed in at 3.6 more today than yesterday but I enjoyed every last bite of my Easter dinner. This afternoon’s round in 90 degree heat will take care of most of that weight.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well a couple of weeks ago I posted that I was trying to lose weight and get in shape for an upcoming trip to Ireland and Scotland.  As I feared the trip got canceled yesterday.  Hopefully we can do the same trip next year around the same time.  I’m down 33 pounds now from the start of my weight loss program.  I’m going to keep it going despite my trip being put on hold.  My challenge now is to come up with a different goal and modify my time frame to achieve it.  I’m having success and want to stay motivated.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

22 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Well a couple of weeks ago I posted that I was trying to lose weight and get in shape for an upcoming trip to Ireland and Scotland.  As I feared the trip got canceled yesterday.  Hopefully we can do the same trip next year around the same time.  I’m down 33 pounds now from the start of my weight loss program.  I’m going to keep it going despite my trip being put on hold.  My challenge now is to come up with a different goal and modify my time frame to achieve it.  I’m having success and want to stay motivated.

I remember your earlier post on this. Missing your trip sucks, but being down 33 pounds is impressive. As you noted, staying motivated to continue is the challenge. Sorry I can’t help with suggesting a goal, since I don’t have much success in that department. My problem was whenever I set a goal and reached it I would start back sliding. Now what once were goals I now view as milestones: noted, celebrated and then move on. Currently I am working on maintaining flexibility and increasing endurance so I can walk the course when it reopens. A little increase in club speed would be a bonus as well. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I utilized noom to drop weight.  I'm currently down 42 pounds in 4 months.  My goal is to lose the weight, then work on some strength training and flexibility exercises.  I never thought I'd be getting close to HS weight

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I keep hearing that people have gained weight during the COVID crises. Our Safer at home orders began on March 16th. So I went back and checked. My fitness program requires daily weigh ins - my goal when I started was to get below 168 - my college baseball playing weight.

It took me 9 months but a went from 209 to below 168 - I’ve gotten down to between 164 and 166. I currently reside at 166-168 - on March 16th I weighed 167.6, today I weighed in at 167.3.

I think I’ve succeeded in no longer using food to relieve stress.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 5/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, revkev said:

I keep hearing that people have gained weight during the COVID crises. Our Safer at home orders began on March 16th. So I went back and checked. My fitness program requires daily weigh ins - my goal when I started was to get below 168 - my college baseball playing weight.

It took me 9 months but a went from 209 to below 168 - I’ve gotten down to between 164 and 166. I currently reside at 166-168 - on March 16th I weighed 167.6, today I weighed in at 167.3.

I think I’ve succeeded in no longer using food to relieve stress.

I am not there yet, since I really enjoy cooking and the more time I have on my hands the more elaborate the meal. We started working from home on March 14 and I am up 8 pounds as of today, and have started the journey back down to my ideal weight. Having the courses re-open here this week has given me the motivation to get back to my routine, but with gym facilities still closed getting my usual summer workout routine going hasn’t started. 

This thread is awesome. I started trying to lose weight back around Thanksgiving and did really well until I hit a rough patch. I was down 31 pounds. I've only put about 7 back on but I'm hitting it hard again. Time to get back to a healthy weight and seeing all the success in here is going to help me get there!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Went a bit old school and I’m trying a jump rope routine to shed the extra weight I’ve put on since college. Currently after and COVID I’m down 15.5 pounds! The beauty of this thing is that I can jump anywhere so the gym closures didn’t affect me.good luck to everyone else in this thread on your goals!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

2 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

Went a bit old school and I’m trying a jump rope routine to shed the extra weight I’ve put on since college. Currently after and COVID I’m down 15.5 pounds! The beauty of this thing is that I can jump anywhere so the gym closures didn’t affect me.good luck to everyone else in this thread on your goals!

Anybody who thinks the Super Stick non-dominant side training makes them feel uncoordinated hasn't see me try to jump rope. I thought it would be an excellent cardio workout, until I started lashing myself with the rope! 🤣 Good for you, though, there is nothing wrong with old school that works.

Anybody who thinks the Super Stick non-dominant side training makes them feel uncoordinated hasn't see me try to jump rope. I thought it would be an excellent cardio workout, until I started lashing myself with the rope! 🤣 Good for you, though, there is nothing wrong with old school that works.

Oh man, that putter to the ankle bone only slightly edges a 1/2 pound rope whipping you in the back such pain!! Thanks!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I've been trying to workout every shift at work. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't because of the call volume. The firehouse I'm in only has a stationary bike and I made a sled out of hose that failed pressure testing. I've been doing my best to do 16 hour fasts and I feel pretty good along with my meal size has gone down doing so. I haven't been able to do a weight check due to my scale not working anymore. I also try to walk my dogs before my day shifts at least a mile and a half with hopes of starting to run at some point. My goal is still 250 and I believe I've remained under 300 which is good.

When all this crazy COVID stuff started, I decided to go Keto. It's been a journey for sure. I'm down 19 pounds, I stopped snoring, I'm not sore when I get out of bed, and just overall feel SIGNIFICANTLY better. 

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

i did Keto for 3 months, it was awesome! I am on another lifestyle change right now on my weightloss journey that is more effective. Have lost 40lb overall over the last year. I def had tons of energy on keto, thats why i liked it, but it was hard being the only one in a family of 3 (wife and child) on the diet and my wife does not like meat, fat or oil. So i switched to only eating from 6pm to 10 pm and drink tons of water, so far on it i am down over 25lb. I eat better for me food and veggies, but dont limit myself. Im also 6'5" so i dont look what i weigh according to everyone i tell how much i do. Was 360lb probably at about 320-315 now or lower, i dont weigh myself until i go to a monthly Dr appointment. My xxl golf shirts are almost within my reach, if i get down to 300 they will def fit right! Right now they fit, but are not flattering at all.  Good luck guys!! One powerful tool that im sure has been mentioned is intermittent fasting, after 2 weeks my body just got used to it!

100825217_281570949642709_5510839015277854720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=KXh5L1a-w0UAX-_lUnu&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=e6ca2e53b030408c476f961a6bdfe136&oe=5EF72C42

On 5/23/2020 at 1:22 PM, tommc23 said:

I've been trying to workout every shift at work. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't because of the call volume. The firehouse I'm in only has a stationary bike and I made a sled out of hose that failed pressure testing. I've been doing my best to do 16 hour fasts and I feel pretty good along with my meal size has gone down doing so. I haven't been able to do a weight check due to my scale not working anymore. I also try to walk my dogs before my day shifts at least a mile and a half with hopes of starting to run at some point. My goal is still 250 and I believe I've remained under 300 which is good.

I’m impressed with your innovation in producing a sled to aid with the workout. The hours of work schedule along with the need to respond to call outs that firefighters have here makes working into a regular schedule a challenge, along with the meals that are often prepared at work are aimed at providing a lot of flavour and that often involves a lot of carbs. Is there another guy at work that you can invite to be a work out/diet buddy?  Providing mutual support in person is powerfully motivating. While you didn’t mention it, I expect you are also doing calisthenic exercises as part of you work out, which can be more effective than many people realize.

I also had great success with intermittent fasting. I had been on a 2 day a week 36 hour fast, but now am using a 16 hour fasts. I had gained 10 pounds since the start of the pandemic when they closed the gyms and we were ordered to work from home. I have peeled back 3 of those pounds this week with the new fasting schedule, and with gym schedule opening next week will hopefully quickly loose the rest. Please keep us posted on how you are progressing, because I know it is not easy.

On 12/28/2017 at 9:31 AM, MattF said:

Further to OG and GS Barba's posts regarding weight loss and helping each other out, I'm starting this thread in the hopes that those of us that need or could stand to lose a bit of weight will chime in.

I really want to get down to 180lbs. I've been struggling with my weight for years and my lowest (about 6 months ago) was 199.2lbs. 

I've crept back up to 207lbs and am not really happy about it....but that's the holiday season.

So, I'm thinking that those of you who want to participate can just post here, maybe what you're doing, eating etc or just a weekly/fortnightly weigh in.

So that's it in a nutshell, chime in or I'll talk to myself.

I’m with you. Currently clicking in at 215 with a goal of 190. During this “time off” I’ve taken a serious interest in flexibility. I’ve being doing Foundation Training every night and I’m finding some serious benefits, including weight loss. The little bit of added mobility from stretching is motivation. It’s lead to less beer and better sleep habits. I may not be seeing the actual weight loss yet but the benefits from the stretching regiment has been very noticeable and my swing feels significant stronger. Check out foundation training if you are curious. Their free content is more than enough to see some benefits.

4 hours ago, Pug said:

I’m impressed with your innovation in producing a sled to aid with the workout. The hours of work schedule along with the need to respond to call outs that firefighters have here makes working into a regular schedule a challenge, along with the meals that are often prepared at work are aimed at providing a lot of flavour and that often involves a lot of carbs. Is there another guy at work that you can invite to be a work out/diet buddy?  Providing mutual support in person is powerfully motivating. While you didn’t mention it, I expect you are also doing calisthenic exercises as part of you work out, which can be more effective than many people realize.

I also had great success with intermittent fasting. I had been on a 2 day a week 36 hour fast, but now am using a 16 hour fasts. I had gained 10 pounds since the start of the pandemic when they closed the gyms and we were ordered to work from home. I have peeled back 3 of those pounds this week with the new fasting schedule, and with gym schedule opening next week will hopefully quickly loose the rest. Please keep us posted on how you are progressing, because I know it is not easy.

No on the calisthenics I do mostly weight based workouts at work and use the stationary bike. I tend to do very high reps with light weights,  use that sled I have, and go short intervals between exercises. I have one guy on shift who works out with me a little but he has different goals than me.

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

No on the calisthenics I do mostly weight based workouts at work and use the stationary bike. I tend to do very high reps with light weights,  use that sled I have, and go short intervals between exercises. I have one guy on shift who works out with me a little but he has different goals than me.

Didn’t know if you had free weights available, this the calisthenics reference. I had also been doing low weight high rep training with free weights, but had to change that up because it lead to repetitive motion injuries in my shoulders and elbows. After that cleared up I switched up to more weight and fewer reps, and that has been sustainable and lead to a greater increase in muscle mass than the I was able to achieve with the higher reps routine. It had the added bonus of taking less time than I had needed for the earlier routine.

First time posting in this thread but I'm ~5 months into my new program.

I turned 40 toward the end of last year and my body suddenly seemed to take notice of all the shenanigans I have put it through. I'm 5' 9" with somewhat out-sized shoulders/trunk, and on Jan 1, 2020 my bathroom scale read 173 lbs.

So I decided to take stock and make some lifestyle changes. My only goal - see how high I could raise the bar on "feeling normal".

I got on the vegan tip, cut out all the booze (and most of the sugar), designed a golf fitness program around core stability and hip mobility; and got down to the work.

Cutting sugar was seriously rough in the early going. The first ~10 lbs was mostly annual Holiday ballast, but it was astounding how fast the weight came off and after 3 months I started occasionally cracking 140 pounds during my morning weigh-in. Over the past 2 months I've slowly leaned out to 135 lbs, work capacity has steadily increased, my joints feel great and I'm sleeping like a baby for exactly 6 hours. Trying to keep my overused hips open has been a daily struggle but otherwise it feels like I'm in my 20s again.

The thought of fatty smoked brisket and big warm pours of Hakushu still tempt me from time to time. But I'm sticking with this program and hoping it allows me play the back set of tees for another 20 years.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

2 hours ago, downlowkey said:

First time posting in this thread but I'm ~5 months into my new program.

I turned 40 toward the end of last year and my body suddenly seemed to take notice of all the shenanigans I have put it through. I'm 5' 9" with somewhat out-sized shoulders/trunk, and on Jan 1, 2020 my bathroom scale read 173 lbs.

So I decided to take stock and make some lifestyle changes. My only goal - see how high I could raise the bar on "feeling normal".

I got on the vegan tip, cut out all the booze (and most of the sugar), designed a golf fitness program around core stability and hip mobility; and got down to the work.

Cutting sugar was seriously rough in the early going. The first ~10 lbs was mostly annual Holiday ballast, but it was astounding how fast the weight came off and after 3 months I started occasionally cracking 140 pounds during my morning weigh-in. Over the past 2 months I've slowly leaned out to 135 lbs, work capacity has steadily increased, my joints feel great and I'm sleeping like a baby for exactly 6 hours. Trying to keep my overused hips open has been a daily struggle but otherwise it feels like I'm in my 20s again.

The thought of fatty smoked brisket and big warm pours of Hakushu still tempt me from time to time. But I'm sticking with this program and hoping it allows me play the back set of tees for another 20 years.

That's good work. How do you feel at 135 pounds, is that a sustainable weight for you? I am 5'5" and the lowest i have ever weighed was about 145 and that felt too low and unsustainable for me. Right now I am at about 160 and could probably lose a few pounds, but I feel pretty good at this weight.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4